• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Phantom vs Joo Dee

Oh darn it, you're right aren't you. Give me a bit, I'll fix it.

EDIT: Fixed. That changes things somewhat.

Last edited:
Ahhh I nitpick too much. Damage cap?

In case I was wrong, Earth Power (x3). If he uses Magnet Rise at any time, use Yawn the first action, Icy Wind the second, then if there is mud, Mud Sport the third. If there isn't, then use plain-old Ice Beam.

Earth Power/Yawn~Earth Power/Icy Wind~Earth Power/Mud Sport/Ice Beam

If I was right in nitpicking, ignore this.

AAAARGH

Yes. Give me a minute, I'll go redo it.

EDIT: It's fixed, and things have changed once again. Gah.

I need to stop making so many little mistakes. They are adding up.

Finish this up with Brine, then. If he uses Destiny Bond, then use Sludge the first action, Yawn the second, and Swagger the third. If he uses Taunt after Destiny Bond, use Sludge the second action, and Headbutt the third.

Brine/Sludge~Brine/Yawn/Sludge~Brine/Swagger/Headbutt

Ok, Blitz get back... noooobody saw that.

OK, use Destiny Bond, and if you're still conscious use Taunt twice.

Destiny Bond~Taunt~Taunt

2vs2 single
DQ: 7 Days
Damage Cap: 25%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, All Healing Moves, All Chills
Arena: Grass Field

The arena is an open grass field. A perfect place for a beginner's match.
Team Phantom
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Gastly
My Dark Soul (Female)
Ability: Levitate
Health: 6% [CAPPED]
Energy: 35%
Commands: Destiny Bond ~ Taunt ~ Taunt

Team Joo Dee
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Shellos
Shelly (Female)
Ability: Sticky Hold
Health: 57%
Energy: 38%
Status: GO DOWN ALREADY Speed -1, attack +1, defense +1; Cursed; Taunted (one more action).
Commands: Brine / Sludge ~ Brine / Yawn / Sludge ~ Brine / Swagger / Headbutt

Round 6 Begin!

My Dark Soul remains perfectly still, his eyes taking on a purple glow, and he waits for Shelly to attack him. Shelly is happy to oblige, gathering various toxins from around her body and spitting them, as one large blob of purple goo, at My Dark Soul. He shivers slightly, but remains conscious. At the same time, Shelly feels her irrational rage fading, and she feels clear-headed once more.

Not for long, though, as it turns out; finally moving, My Dark Soul begins mocking Shelly once again, shouting about how she's still conscious, how any decent Pokémon would have finished her off long ago. Once again, the dark energy takes hold, filling Shelly's head with that same rage. Once again, she gathers toxins into her mouth, then spits them at My Dark Soul. This time, it is enough to finally knock her unconscious, and Shelly is pleased for a brief moment; then, suddenly, a dark aura rises from My Dark Soul's body, and rushes towards Shelly, enveloping her; when it fades away, the Shellos is unconscious.

Round 6 End!

Team Phantom
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Gastly
My Dark Soul (Female)
Ability: Levitate
Health: 0%
Energy: 35%
Attacks Used: Destiny Bond ~ Taunt

Team Joo Dee
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Shellos
Shelly (Female)
Ability: Sticky Hold
Health: 0%
Energy: 38%
Attacks Used: Sludge ~ Sludge

Damage / Energy Calculations
Destiny Bond - 6% energy
Sludge - 3% damage, 4% energy (accuracy roll 31, needed 100 to miss)
Taunt - 4% energy (accuracy roll 2, needed 100 to miss)
Sludge - 3% damage, 4% energy (accuracy roll 54, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- I saw it >:/

Arena Notes
- There's saltwater everywhere.

Next Round
- Phantom sends out
- Joo Dee sends out
- Phantom Attacks
- Joo Dee Attacks
- Someone refs, maybe me

Focus Punch him to take advantage of Howl first. If you don't think you can focus, though, use Leer instead. Then, Swords Dance to boost up. Finish with Crush Claw for an attack that doesn't take up too much energy.

Focus Punch/Leer~Swords Dance~Crush Claw

...I'm probably going to energy-faint if I keep doing this, won't I?

2vs2 single

Team Phantom
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Electrike
Blitz (Female)
Ability: Static
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Howl ~ Bite ~ Thunder

Team Joo Dee
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Zangoose
Crush (Male)
Ability: Immunity
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Focus Punch / Leer ~ Swords Dance ~ Crush Claw

Round 7 Begin!

Both trainers send out their Pokémon, Phantom calling forth an Electrike and Joo Dee a Zangoose. The two look round and inspect their surroundings before snapping to action. The Zangoose is the first to move, clenching its claws into a fist which begins glowing faintly. The Electrike, in turn, uses her own move, throwing her head back and howling loudly, and suddenly she feels ready to fight, the blood rushing faster through her veins. She looks up just in time to see Crush hurtling towards her at a fantastic speed, fist glowing brightly now; a millisecond later, the attack makes impact, lifting the Electrike clean off her feet and throwing her backwards, where she bounces to a halt.

Crush begins a dance now, a fighting dance that he learned from the elders long ago; he begins spinning around on the spot, striking and sharpening his claws against one another, occasionally striking out into the surounding area. When it ends, he too feels ready to fight, adrenaline coursing through his body. Blitz, having righted herself, runs towards Crush, reaching him and biting him firmly on the arm, locking her jaws into place as the Zangoose shakes his arm wildly, trying to dislodge her. When she finally lets go, his arm is dripping with blood.

He growls in annoyance, and his claws take on a bright white glow; he slams his hand down onto Blitz, pinning her to the ground. She grimaces, then flickers brightly a couple of times, before both Pokémon are enveloped in a massively bright glow of electricity. This is accompanied by a sizzling sound, and Crush leaps back, freeing her. She staggers to her feet, shakes her head to clear it, and glares at her opponent as theround draws to an end.

Round 7 End!

Team Phantom
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Electrike
Blitz (Female)
Health: 75% (CAPPED)
Energy: 86%
Attacks Used: Howl ~ Bite ~ Thunder

Team Joo Dee
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Zangoose
Crush (Male)
Health: 83%
Energy: 87%
Attacks Used: Focus Punch ~ Swords Dance ~ Crush Claw

Focus Punch - 16% damage, 6% energy (accuracy roll 44, needed 100 to miss)
Howl - 2% energy
Swords Dance - 2% energy
Bite - 6% damage, 4% energy (accuracy roll 15, needed 100 to miss)
Crush Claw - 10% damage, 5% energy (accuracy roll 82, needed 95 or above to miss)
Thunder - 15% damage, 8% energy (accuracy roll 9, needed 70 or above to miss)

Notes
- Hrrrrng, superlate reffing >:/
- If you mean for EXP, then yeah, Shelly gets the KO.
- Crush hit the damage cap on the third action.

Arena Notes

Next Round
- Joo Dee Attacks
- Phantom Attacks
- Someone refs, maybe me

Last edited:
...how did Thunder do 19% damage? Oh, and by those calculations, Crush and Blitz both hit the damage cap.

Well, Crush, somehow we're still ahead in energy, so let's try Secret Power to status him. If he uses a non-attacking move and you can still focus during its duration, use Focus Punch. If he tries to use Thunder Wave or Swagger, Protect.

Secret Power/Focus Punch/Protect~Secret Power/Focus Punch/Protect~Secret Power/Focus Punch/Protect

Typo on the damage, I think. And to hit the damage cap, they would have to deal 26% or more damage. Fixed nontheless.

Sorry for the horrible delay, still ill. Back as soon as possible.

2vs2 single

Team Phantom
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Electrike
Blitz (Female)
Health: 75%
Energy: 86%
Commands: Quick Attack ~ Thunder Fang ~ Thunder Wave

Team Joo Dee
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Zangoose
Crush (Male)
Health: 83%
Energy: 87%
Commands: Secret Power / Focus Punch / Protect ~ Secret Power / Focus Punch / Protect ~ Secret Power / Focus Punch / Protect

Round 8 Begin!

This time, Blitz is the first to move, darting forwards so fast as to become a motion blur and impacting sharply with Crush's side, winding him slightly but otherwise having little effect. She leaps back to her own end of the battlefield as Crush closes his eyes and concentrates, and orbs of purple energy rise up from the ground, spiralling around him before launching themselves at Blitz and engulfing her, the energy seraing her skin.

Immediately, Crush begins a repeat performance, with the same purple orbs rising and firing themselves at Blitz; this time, though, some of the energy soaks through her skin and makes it into her bloodstream, where it converts itself to a nasty poison. Shaking her head in irritation, Blitz begins charging electricity in her mouth, then launches herself at Crush; he sidesteps at the last available second, however, and Blitz sails past, unable to change her flight path, and smashes into the ground. She growls and lets the electricity dissipate.

Quickly, Crush begins sculpting his energy into a shield around him; this becomes apparent as a translucent green dome, seemingly made of glass. Blitz glares at it before gathering the static electricity in her fur and launching it at Crush in a concentrated blast, which comes to naught as it dissipates against the shield. Blitz growls at Crush as the poison in her veins causes a sudden, intense bout of nausea; she flinches, and when she looks up Crush's shield has vanished.

Round 8 End!

Team Phantom
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Electrike
Blitz (Female)
Health: 50% (CAPPED)
Energy: 75%
Status: Rrrrgh. Attack +1; poisoned (moderate; 3% per round).
Attacks Used: Quick Attack ~ Thunder Fang ~ Thunder Wave

Team Joo Dee
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Zangoose
Crush (Male)
Health: 77%
Energy: 69%
Attacks Used: Secret Power ~ Secret Power ~ Protect

Quick Attack - 6% damage, 3% energy (accuracy roll 43, needed 100 to miss)
Secret Power - 13% damage, 7% energy (accuracy roll 75, needed 100 to miss)
Secret Power - 13% damage, 7% energy (accuracy roll 23, needed 100 to miss)
Thunder Fang - 5% energy (accuracy roll 96, needed 95 or above to miss - missed)
Protect - 4% energy
Thunder Wave - 3% energy (accuracy roll 58, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- Finally decided to just make the reffing, illness aside, so here you go~ Future reffings may still be slow, and apologies if this one is subpar.
- Why is Secret Power a Physical move
- The second Secret Power poisoned Blitz.
- ...This grass is short and domesticated, right?

Arena Notes

Next Round
- Phantom Attacks
- Joo Dee Attacks
- Someone refs, maybe me

Back
Top Bottom