• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
2v2 single
Style: Set
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Earthquake, Draco Meteor (moves that would change the terrain signifigantly)
Arena: Forina

A large, cavernous valley in Hoenn with large pillars of stone shooting up from the ground.

This is the resting place of Jirachi as it sleeps for millennia in a cavern. As such, Steel- and Psychic-type moves are boosted by 2% here. Jirachi’s power to grant wishes is evident here as well: if a Pokémon is below 50% in both health and energy, there is a 2% chance each round that that Pokémon will have its wish subconsciously granted by Jirachi and regain 10% in health and energy.

Also, each round there is a 15% (5% each) chance that a wild Absol, Flygon, or Nuzleaf will pop out from the rocks and use a 5% Dark-, Dragon-, or Grass-type move on a random battler.

So, uh, basically this and this.

*whoosh*

2-vs-2 [single]
DQ: Ten days.
Damage Cap: 42%
Banned Moves: OHKOs

Arena: Shellspiral Isle

Recently, unassuming part-time explorer Blastoise has located another improbable location, quote, "somewhere in Asber, I guess", unquote.

This time, the scenic vista is a small island, alone and in the middle of one of Asber's chilly seas. Oddly, the climate is rather temperate for the area, and the sun shines brightly down upon the island's natural treasure.

You see, there is a reason, a good reason, that Blastoise has named this island 'Shellspiral Isle'...

"It sounds cool. And also it's covered in a whole bunch of spiral shells!"

Yes, the small landmass is almost completely encrusted with spiraled shells, each one dotted (or streaked or hatched or... etc.) with bright, pastel or jewelly colors ranging from blue to red and every other possible shade. They vary between tiny, fragile miniature spirals all the way up to the seventeen and one half tall, skyscraper-esque shells, all of which are varying shades of blue and white. The main area of battle lies in the middle of the circle of tall shells. marked by ancient, indelibly blue unown letters. Seemingly random in their configuration, the runes are to be studied by a scientific committee as soon as Blastoise is done with his battle. A thin but strong stream of seawater flows into a deep pool, perhaps thirteen feet deep. Little vegetation appears at all on the island; scraggly grass peeks out from the sand by the pool, but there are no trees or other large plants.

The sand that coats the whole island like white on reshiram is made up entirely of broken pieces of shell, which are quite sharp. Although humans have the luxury of thick-soled shoes, any ground-bound pokémon without protection of some kind will incur 1% water-type damage per action spent moving from one place to another, whether for an attack or something else. Being thrown onto the sand or digging into it causes 3% water-type damage. The combined pokéaura of the unown runes and the mysterious shells create a field of low-level water energy, giving all water-type moves STAB regardless of the individual pokémon's type.

The sunlight in the area is near-constant; despite the lack of intense heat, Sunny Day is in effect permanently, and although it can be interrupted temporarily by other weather, the sun will always return afterward with just as much strength.

Accepting both these challenges, if no one minds. Profile link.

3-vs-3 single
Style: Switch
DQ: One week.
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKOs and any recovery moves.

Arena: Nothing

A minimal arena that literally has nothing in it. It is a square room that is ivory and extremely basic, being a vast expanse of whiteness that stretches on seemingly forever. A great place for a simple battle with no hassle, if a bit unnerving.

Profile of a boring woman who makes boring arenas.

4vs4 Single
Style: Set
DQ: A week
Damage Cap: 25%
Banned moves: OHKO's, healing moves (except Absorb and the like), 3 chills per Pokémon
Arena: Floating Space Arena

This arena is little more than a large disk drifting through space. It has a mysterious atmosphere that allows the battlers and Trainers to breathe, but the air is hardly different from Earth's, so it has no special effects. Its ground is made of rock and metal, much like the Earth's crust, and is sturdy and diffcult to dig through, so moves that require digging take 1% more energy. In addition, there is no water nearby, so moves that require a source of water are impossible to use. There are rows of seats that are sloped and extend to about twenty feet above the "ground," all the way around that give the look of a stadium. The Pokémon are free to move around on these stands. The center of the stadium, however, is completely flat. The flat area is a circle that is about forty feet in diameter.

Other: Only baby or basic Pokémon allowed

Profile :]
Accepting this challenge, aha.

Profile thing.

Challenge for Arylett~

1v1 single
Set
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, weather moves, Earthquake
Arena: Professor Bitch’s Lab

Deep in the back of the TARDIS-esque Zormobile, there lies a large laboratory, owned by a man named Professor Bitch. It is around twice the size of a regular arena in length, and one and a half times as wide. There are many machines and tables scattered about, perfect for breaking and crashing around, and a high ceiling for flyers.

Thankfully, the professor doesn’t seem to be in today, so it looks like the battlers might have been undisturbed… if of course, it wasn’t Times The Same Day.

Due to the fact that it /is/ Times The Same Day, when all sorts of Epic Magical Weird Shit happens due to every time in the world being the same, there is a 10% chance of any of the following happening during any given round:
- Georgio and Zlad: From thin air will appear an Italian man with a thick accent and an odd manner of speaking, and a Russian man with a not so thick accent who likes to go Hee Hee Hee and twirl his mustache. They will do battle on the field for an action while the Pokemon will simply only be able to watch. This renders any move used that action useless, and there is a 30% chance that a stray blow will hit one, causing 5% typeless damage.
- N and his Baby Ray: N (yes, that N) and his mysterious Baby Ray will appear for an action and fire his Baby Ray at any and all female Pokemon on the field. It is 50% accurate, and if the ray hits, it will impregnate the Pokemon, reducing their speed by 3.
- Mansex: The leader of the infamous Organization XIII will appear and stare at the battlers with a particularly strong 8{ face, distracting them and rendering any move that action void.

Other: Due to the lack of water, Pokemon that are bound to the water are not allowed.

*dananananananana*

Challenge for Arylett~

1v1 single
Set
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, weather moves, Earthquake
Arena: Professor Bitch’s Lab

Deep in the back of the TARDIS-esque Zormobile, there lies a large laboratory, owned by a man named Professor Bitch. It is around twice the size of a regular arena in length, and one and a half times as wide. There are many machines and tables scattered about, perfect for breaking and crashing around, and a high ceiling for flyers.

Thankfully, the professor doesn’t seem to be in today, so it looks like the battlers might have been undisturbed… if of course, it wasn’t Times The Same Day.

Due to the fact that it /is/ Times The Same Day, when all sorts of Epic Magical Weird Shit happens due to every time in the world being the same, there is a 10% chance of any of the following happening during any given round:
- Georgio and Zlad: From thin air will appear an Italian man with a thick accent and an odd manner of speaking, and a Russian man with a not so thick accent who likes to go Hee Hee Hee and twirl his mustache. They will do battle on the field for an action while the Pokemon will simply only be able to watch. This renders any move used that action useless, and there is a 30% chance that a stray blow will hit one, causing 5% typeless damage.
- N and his Baby Ray: N (yes, that N) and his mysterious Baby Ray will appear for an action and fire his Baby Ray at any and all female Pokemon on the field. It is 50% accurate, and if the ray hits, it will impregnate the Pokemon, reducing their speed by 3.
- Mansex: The leader of the infamous Organization XIII will appear and stare at the battlers with a particularly strong 8{ face, distracting them and rendering any move that action void.

Other: Due to the lack of water, Pokemon that are bound to the water are not allowed.

*dananananananana*
Good thing the Professor's not in, because now, I can accept this challenge.

Nyet ya no.

A challenge for just about anyone~ A challenge for RTB

1v1 single
Style: set
Damage cap: 45%
Banned moves: Evasion increase, OHKO
Arena: SPACE!

Literally. You are on the moon. Oxygen masks and tanks of air will be provided for all participating. There are craters here and there, and gravity is reduced, so all Pokemon jump higher than usual. Also, all moves that involve space (i.e. Cosmic Power, Moonlight, Morning Sun, etc.) gain 20% efficiency, as you are in space.

This shall be loads of fun =3

yeah... like right after we started, my intranets died again, so we had to send my computer away for like three weeks, so I want to do this.

A challenge for just about anyone~ A challenge for RTB

1v1 single
Damage cap: 45%
Banned moves: Evasion increase, OHKO
Arena: SPACE!

Literally. You are on the moon. Oxygen masks and tanks of air will be provided for all participating. There are craters here and there, and gravity is reduced, so all Pokemon jump higher than usual. Also, all moves that involve space (i.e. Cosmic Power, Moonlight, Morning Sun, etc.) gain 20% efficiency, as you are in space.

This shall be loads of fun =3
yeah... like right after we started, my intranets died again, so we had to send my computer away for like three weeks, so I want to do this.

Taking again. Why? I have a Dratini. this shall be awesome. IN SPACE.

DRACO METEOR GOGOGO!!!

I SHALL CHALLENGE YOU

2v2 singles
DQ: five days
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned moves: Evasion, healing (including Rest), OHKOs, chills limited to 4/pokémon
Special: Only Pokémon at their lowest stage of evolution (including 1 stage Pokémon)
Arena: The Island

Yup, a small island (I mean REALLY small) lost in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, covered entirely of sand except for a small part in the middle, where some grass is randomly scattered, and a giant baobab in the exact center, covering almost one fifth of the island's surface. Of course, only small Pokémon can withstand a battle in that area.

As a side note, I would require only unexperienced players for that battle as it will be my first real battle (damn Daren). Thank you!

I SHALL CHALLENGE YOU

2v2 singles
DQ: five days
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned moves: Evasion, healing (including Rest), OHKOs, chills limited to 4/pokémon
Special: Only Pokémon at their lowest stage of evolution (including 1 stage Pokémon)
Arena: The Island

Yup, a small island (I mean REALLY small) lost in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, covered entirely of sand except for a small part in the middle, where some grass is randomly scattered, and a giant baobab in the exact center, covering almost one fifth of the island's surface. Of course, only small Pokémon can withstand a battle in that area.

As a side note, I would require only unexperienced players for that battle as it will be my first real battle (damn Daren). Thank you!

How 'bout me?

(fix'd)

Last edited:
Click on the number in the post that's near/next to this thing.
report.gif

Click on the number in the post that's near/next to this thing.
report.gif

The number on the top right corner of the post, to clarify.
(For me at least, that symbol is on the bottom left of the post. I think it may vary depending on your style - I'm in Scyther Slash - by the number is always on the top right.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom