• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Phantom vs Joo Dee

Just making sure you are factoring in Static right SB?

Ok, use Protect on the first move,
then Thunder Wave unless they protect, then in that case Leer, then finish with Thunder Fang, that hardly missed last time.

Protect~Thunder Wave/Leer~Thunder Fang

Last edited:
That round was good, Crush.

Let's laugh at that Protect and Swords Dance again to go even crazier with power. Because we're eventually going to get paralyzed with Static, use Strength. Then, Double Team (4 clones).

Swords Dance~Strength~Double Team (4 clones)

By the way, Phantom, your command string doesn't say what you ordered.

Fuck, as we totally know I wanted to do no damage at all that turn... This weekend my brain has gone on an extended vacation to the bahamas.

2vs2 single
DQ: 7 Days
Damage Cap: 25%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, All Healing Moves, All Chills
Arena: Grass Field

The arena is an open grass field. A perfect place for a beginner's match.
Team Phantom
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Electrike
Blitz (Female)
Ability: Static
Health: 50%
Energy: 75%
Status: Rrrrgh. Attack +1; poisoned (moderate; 3% per round).
Commnds: Protect ~ Thunder Wave / Leer ~ Thunder Fang

Team Joo Dee
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Zangoose
Crush (Male)
Ability: Immunity
Health: 77%
Energy: 69%
Commands: Swords Dance ~ Strength ~ Double Team

Round 9 Begin!

Blitz is first to move this turn; she closes her eyes and concentrates, and a ple, translucent green shield pops into exstence around her. With a popping sound and everything. Crush looks on amusedly before beginning his frenzied dance, as he did before; he begins leaping around, fighting an imaginary foe, grinding his clws together, and when it draws to a halt he is panting but exhilerated, ready to fight with his even-sharper claws. Seeing that he is not attacking her, Blitz drops the shield with another audible pop.

Seeing now that his target is clear to be attacked, Crush lunges at Blitz and punches her in the side; she is tossed aside like a ragdoll under his increased strength. Stggering back to her feet, she shakes her head to clear it and then launches a brief, light wave of electricity at him, which he sees coming just too late. It strikes him and instantly begins causing trouble, his muscles locking up and twitching randomly, despite his attempts to control them.

Seeing that he can barely move, Blitz grins; attempting again her move from the last round, she gathers electricity into her tiny fangs and launches herself at Crush. He looks up and tries to sidestep, but his muscles refuse to co-operate and she latches onto his arm, discharging the electricity and leaving a nasty bite wound. Crush, finally having regained some control over his limbs, pulls her off and throws her aside, then awkwardly attempts to run around in circles; he manages to get just fast enough that when he stops, there is an illusory Zangoose trailing behind him.

Round 9 End!

Team Phantom
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Electrike
Blitz (Female)
Health: 28%
Energy: 63%
Status: Hahah, at last things are going my way. Attack +1; poisoned (moderate; 3% per round).
Attacks Used: Protect ~ Thunder Wave ~ Thunder Fang

Team Joo Dee
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Zangoose
Crush (Male)
Health: 67%
Energy: 53%
Status: Arck, I'm all... unwieldy. Attack +4, has one clone, paralyzed (moderate; 3% extra energy on attacks requiring movement and 50% chance of full paralysis).
Attacks Used: Swords Dance ~ Strength ~ Double Team

Damage / Energy Calculations
Swords Dance - 2% energy
Protect - 4% energy
Strength - 19% damage, 9% energy (accuracy roll 60, needed 100 to miss)
Thunder Wave - 3% energy (accuracy roll 50, needed 100 to miss)
Thunder Fang - 10% damage, 5% energy (accuracy roll 49, needed 95 or above to miss)
Double Team - 5% energy

Notes
- Right-o! Didn't want the battlers using the wrong moves, yes?
- Woah. In his paralysis, Crush could only make one (well technically 1.8 but it gets rounded down) Double Team clone.

Arena Notes
- There's saltwater everywhere.

Next Round
- Joo Dee Attacks
- Phantom Attacks
- Someone refs, maybe me

...does Poison pass the damage cap? If not, that's another round to go, then. Stupid damage cap.

Hm. Facade until it hits twice and if you still have an action left, Roar to distract him. Oh yes, and if he uses Thunder Fang, use Disable.

Facade/Disable~Facade/Disable~Facade/Roar/Disable

I feel like there should be a loophole in this, but I can't find one.

Ok then taste of their own medicine.

Use Facade twice, then finish with Thunder

Facade~Facade~Thunder

Curious if the water everywhere would effect electric attacks?

2vs2 single

Team Phantom
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Electrike
Blitz (Female)
Health: 28%
Energy: 63%
Status: Hahah, at last things are going my way. Attack +1; poisoned (moderate; 3% per round).
Commands: Facade ~ Facade ~ Thunder

Team Joo Dee
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Zangoose
Crush (Male)
Health: 67%
Energy: 53%
Status: Arck, I'm all... unwieldy. Attack +4, has one clone, paralyzed (moderate; 3% extra energy on attacks requiring movement and 50% chance of full paralysis).
Commands: Facade / Disable ~ Facade / Disable ~ Facade / Roar / Disable

Round 10 Begin!

Staring at the two Zangoose now opposing her, Blitz growls in frustration; she's got two things to attack now and this poison is making her feel sick and RRGH. Allowing her anger and frustration to overwhelm her briefly, she launches herself at Crush, managing to hit the right one and biting and scratching him wildly; as his clone flickers and vanishes, he screeches and throws her aside, but before he can attack his muscles lock into place and Blitz leaps back to her own end of the field.

Blitz, still under the control of her rage, charges at her opponent once again, latching onto his leg; Crush growls. He's not exactly had it easy either; his muscles keep locking up on him and he can't move properly and now there's a small green dog-thing biting his leg - it's enough to make a Zangoose see red! He grabs Blitz from where she is biting him and throws her to the ground, where he begins pummelling her with fist and claw.

Her rage fading now, Blitz re-enters rational thought; her first thought is to attack Crush before he can attack her, and so she looses a massive blast of electricity into him just as he goes in for another punch; while he doesn't process the thought, the attack seems to have absolutely no effect whatsoever, and he continues laying about Blitz. She too, however, notices a sudden abscence of pain; she doesn't know why, but she's glad of it. The red haze on Crush's vision finally fades and he stops attacking; Blitz staggers upright and walks wobbily back to her own end of the field, noticing along the way that the saltwater that was all over the field when she was sent out is now no more than a dampness in the grass.

Round 10 End!

Team Phantom
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Electrike
Blitz (Female)
Health: 3% (CAPPED)
Energy: 37%
Status: Curious. Attack +1; poisoned (moderate; 3% per round).
Attacks Used: Facade ~ Facade ~ Thunder

Team Joo Dee
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Zangoose
Crush (Male)
Health: 42% (CAPPED)
Energy: 27%
Status: What just happened? Attack +4, paralyzed (moderate; 3% extra energy on attacks requiring movement and 50% chance of full paralysis).
Attacks Used: [paralyzed] ~ Facade ~ Facade

Facade - 16% damage, 9% energy (accuracy roll 52, needed 100 to miss)
Facade - 16% damage, 9% energy (accuracy roll 94, needed 100 to miss)
Facade - 26% damage, 13% energy (accuracy roll 18, needed 100 to miss)
Thunder - 8% energy (accuracy roll 47, needed 100 or above to miss)
Facade - 13% energy (accuracy roll 22, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- Poison is stopped by the damage cap, yes. I know that refers to Toxic poison but it's close enough.
- Hurk the water. No, it's just a dampness on the ground by now.
- Both Pokémon hit the damage cap on the second action.
- Thunder's accuracy was raised due to their proximity, not like it mattered.
- I'm sure I missed something. Probably due to the repetetive nature of the round.

Arena Notes
- The ground is damp with saltwater.

Next Round
- Phantom Attacks
- Joo Dee Attacks
- Someone refs, maybe me

2vs2 single

Team Phantom
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Electrike
Blitz (Female)
Health: 3% (CAPPED)
Energy: 37%
Status: Curious. Attack +1; poisoned (moderate; 3% per round).
Commands: Facade ~ Facade ~ Facade

Team Joo Dee
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Zangoose
Crush (Male)
Health: 42% (CAPPED)
Energy: 27%
Status: What just happened? Attack +4, paralyzed (moderate; 3% extra energy on attacks requiring movement and 50% chance of full paralysis).
Commands: Close Combat ~ Close Combat ~ Close Combat

Round 11 Begin!

Blitz knows she's going to faint soon. All she can do is go out with a bang, and that's just what she hopes to do - she launches herself at Crush, focussing all of her rage and aggression - and that horrible sickness from the poison - into one attack, latching onto Crush's arm and staying there, squeezing her jaws as tight as she can and clawing at her opponent. Crush isn't going to take that lying down, though - his eyes suddenly take on a bright red glow, as do his claws. He throws off the Electrike from his arm, smashing her against the ground, and begins pummelling her, punching and clawing with all his might. When he finally finishes and the red glow fades, his opponent is very much unconscious, battered and bruised, and halfway embedded into the ground.

Both trainers recall their Pokémon - Phantom with some concern - and Squornshellous Beta pulls two paychecks out of her pocket and holds them out to the trainers, who both take them - Phantom rushing off immediately after to get her Electrike healed up.

Round 11 End!

Team Phantom
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg

Electrike
Blitz (Female)
Health: 0%
Energy: 28%
Attacks Used: Facade

Team Joo Dee
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Zangoose
Crush (Male)
Health: 26%
Energy: 11%
Status: I.. um... oops. Went a little overboard there. Attack +4, paralyzed (moderate; 3% extra energy on attacks requiring movement and 50% chance of full paralysis).
Attacks Used: Close Combat

Facade - 16% damage, 9% energy (accuracy roll 65, needed 100 to miss)
Close Combat - 21% damage, 16% energy (accuracy roll 54, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- Close Combat is just overkill, but I don't blame you. I'd have done the same thing.

Arena Notes
- The ground is damp with saltwater.

Prizes
Rightyho. So, Joo Dee gets $16, and Phantom gets $6. I get $5, and Dave Stryder can take the other $5. Shelly and Crush get two EXP each, and My Dark Soul and Blitz get one each. I think that's everything. Good match, you guys.

Back
Top Bottom