• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

Rock-dependant attacks used on arenas devoid of rocks but with other sorts of "hardware" would retain their Rock typing or adapt to whatever is being used?

Would it be posdible for a heavy Pokémon to convert impact with the ground (a.k.a fainting and falling) into a weak Earthquake?

Rock-dependant attacks used on arenas devoid of rocks but with other sorts of "hardware" would retain their Rock typing or adapt to whatever is being used?
If it's not rocks but just other random heavy stuff, usually I just treat the attack as being normal-typed. If there were

Would it be posdible for a heavy Pokémon to convert impact with the ground (a.k.a fainting and falling) into a weak Earthquake?
No. There might be a bit of tremoring caused by the impact, and the referee could treat that as a very weak earthquake if they thought it appropriate, but if the pokémon's knocked out or in general just falling it's not going to be able to do much to try and *cause* anything while landing. It would need to spend an action to do that.

COULD YOU COMBINE:

Seed Bomb + Bullet Seed ((This im like 100% sure yes))

Leech Seed + Bullet Seed ((For multiple Leech Seeds?))

Seed Bomb + Leech Seed ((Seeds that blow up and leave leeching pieces?))

Spore/any status powder + Poisonpowder/and Status powder ((for a multiperpose powder?))

Aerial Ace + Brave Bird? ((the anime shows them both as mid air back flips then chaaaaarge the enemy))

Razor Leaf + Magical Leaf ((a heck of a lot of leaves))

Nasty Plot + Dark Pulse ((Nasty plots really bad thoughts and add extra power while still giving boost?))

Screech + Water Pulse ((louder noise = ? = more damge?))

GAH combinations why I ask so much

When in doubt, ask your ref (unless you're a ref and in doubt, then ask here). Sometimes refs will differ slightly on how well they think a combination attack will function.

Re: Aerial Ace and Brave Bird, though, I've seen Negrek say before that two moves that are too similar can't be combined (re: that specific combination: how do you combine them? How do you charge the enemy while charging the enemy? You can't do the same thing twice simultaneously.)

Re: Aerial Ace and Brave Bird, though, I've seen Negrek say before that two moves that are too similar can't be combined (re: that specific combination: how do you combine them? How do you charge the enemy while charging the enemy? You can't do the same thing twice simultaneously.)
Yo dawg I heard you like charging the enemy so I put enemy in your charge so you can charge the enemy while you charge the enemy.

... Sorry, couldn't resist the joke.

COULD YOU COMBINE:

Seed Bomb + Bullet Seed ((This im like 100% sure yes))
Yes

Leech Seed + Bullet Seed ((For multiple Leech Seeds?))
Yes

Seed Bomb + Leech Seed ((Seeds that blow up and leave leeching pieces?))
You could combine them but the leech seed part would have no effect.

Spore/any status powder + Poisonpowder/and Status powder ((for a multiperpose powder?))
No

Aerial Ace + Brave Bird? ((the anime shows them both as mid air back flips then chaaaaarge the enemy))
Yes

Razor Leaf + Magical Leaf ((a heck of a lot of leaves))
Yes

Nasty Plot + Dark Pulse ((Nasty plots really bad thoughts and add extra power while still giving boost?))
No

Screech + Water Pulse ((louder noise = ? = more damge?))
No

GAH combinations why I ask so much

Wait, I know that Pokémon can switch with U-turn even when the battle style is Set, but does the round end when the Pokémon goes back into its ball?

The round always ends when a Pokémon returns to its Pokéball unless specific rules are in place, like in that free-for-all battle. Since that's not the case here, the answer is 'yes'.

If a pokémon is switched out, the round ends immediately thereupon.

If a pokémon u-turns or baton passes out and there are any pokémon who have yet to move that action, they perform their attacks, with any that had been targeted at the u-turning/passing pokémon striking the new switchin instead. The round then ends immediately at the end of that action.

Does waterfall need a water source? I know surf does, but I wasn't sure about this one.

In a double battle, does Screech hit both the ally and two enemies? Also, can moves like Charm or Fake Tears (moves that are based on generating a response) work while the opponent is asleep?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom