• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

You changed the "attacks requiring movement" only half the time--the original wording remains in the stuff directly after the energy percentage description.

Fixed, I think...

[Avery] Taillow (Male)
Ability: Guts
Signature attribute: Tireless Flight

Due to his father being a Crobat, Avery is capable of sustaining flight with extrordinary ease, and is abe to remain aloft longer than normally capable (sub-par wih Fearow). Due to this, Avery is capable of using moves in the air that involve movemet or usage of his wings with less required energy, and is substanially faster (like he needs to be...). However when due to being unused to being on the ground, he uses more energy to move (walk, run, attacknw/movement etc.) and moves quite slowly.

Effects:

Aloft: When in the air Avy is faster, and uses less energy to use physical moves and moves that require flapping.
+1 Speed
-2% Energy (Applies to physical (Quick Attack, Steel Wing, etc.) and wing flapping attacks (Gust, etc.)

Grounded: When grounded Avery is significantly slower and requires more energy to use physical moves and moves that require flapping (primarily if Gravity is effect, arena traits, thrown to the ground, etc.) and must take an entire action to return to flight.

-2 Speed
+ 3% Energy (Applies to physical moves (Quick Attack, etc.))

>Purchase Here<

Signature Attribute time!

Pokemon: Bes.
Signature attribute: Constant Rotation

The body of a normal Baltoy only rotates if it is using Rapid Spin. However, in a freak accident while he was using the move, Bes's body is now in perpetual motion. Not his head, mind you, just his head. This causes a small vortex , picking up ant sand or dirt in the area upon its entering the battle, raising a mild sandstorm. There's no telling how long this will last; Bes might be like this forever.

Effects: This basically like the Sand Stream ability, but the Sandstorm created starts as mild and must have a source. After Bes has been recalled, the sandstorm subsides after three turns.

I feel like the back story should be longer...

I'm a little leery about the power level of this attribute. What changes were you planning to make to it after Shelly evolves?

What exactly do you mean by power level? I could always take away Sticky Hold now and Ancientpower as well, I suppose.

I wasn't going to do anything major, just maybe regain some Ground-type moves, or in the opposite direction and go with Ice-type moves.

Fixed, I think...

[Avery] Taillow (Male)
Ability: Guts
Signature attribute: Tireless Flight

Due to his father being a Crobat, Avery is capable of sustaining flight with extrordinary ease, and is abe to remain aloft longer than normally capable (sub-par wih Fearow). Due to this, Avery is capable of using moves in the air that involve movemet or usage of his wings with less required energy, and is substanially faster (like he needs to be...). However when due to being unused to being on the ground, he uses more energy to move (walk, run, attacknw/movement etc.) and moves quite slowly.

Effects:

Aloft: When in the air Avy is faster, and uses less energy to use physical moves and moves that require flapping.
+1 Speed
-2% Energy (Applies to physical (Quick Attack, Steel Wing, etc.) and wing flapping attacks (Gust, etc.)

Grounded: When grounded Avery is significantly slower and requires more energy to use physical moves and moves that require flapping (primarily if Gravity is effect, arena traits, thrown to the ground, etc.) and must take an entire action to return to flight.

-2 Speed
+ 3% Energy (Applies to physical moves (Quick Attack, etc.))

>Purchase Here<

I think that's all Negrek was after. Approved.

Signature Attribute time!

The body of a normal Baltoy only rotates if it is using Rapid Spin. However, in a freak accident while he was using the move, Bes's body is now in perpetual motion. Not his head, mind you, just his head. This causes a small vortex , picking up ant sand or dirt in the area upon its entering the battle, raising a mild sandstorm. There's no telling how long this will last; Bes might be like this forever.

Effects: This basically like the Sand Stream ability, but the Sandstorm created starts as mild and must have a source. After Bes has been recalled, the sandstorm subsides after three turns.

I feel like the back story should be longer...

I think the backstory definitely needs work. I can't imagine any sort of "accident" that could occur in the process of using Rapid Spin that would cause the user's head to spin in place permanently, unless you can elaborate on that. Plus I think a perpetually-rotating body would be a more likely candidate for an automatic sandstorm machine. It'd be nice if the spinning had some sort of negative effect on him, like maybe making it harder to aim.
Plus, I've never seen weather conditions as generally having severities before anywhere in this ASB, so specifying what exactly a "mild sandstorm" is would be helpful. (Actually, I've had mild hail and sandstorms before under some conditions, that deal damage every other action; I assume that's what you're going for, but still.)

(You may also want to fix "Not his head, mind you, just his head.".)

Whoops! how did I screw that up?

The body of a normal Baltoy only rotates if it is using Rapid Spin. However, in a freak accident while he was using the move (which included him countering a rapid spin with a rapid spin in the other direction), Bes's body has been knocked into perpetual motion. Not his head, mind you, just his body. This causes a small vortex, picking up ant sand or dirt in the area upon its entering the battle, raising a mild sandstorm on half the field. There's no telling how long this will last; Bes might be like this forever. All moves that involve Bes's body causing a strike or actually striking have a decreased accuracy, but moves like Grass Knot that involve tugging or slapping gain power, as his body is constantly moving.

Effects: This basically like the Sand Stream ability, but the Sandstorm created starts as mild and must have a source. After Bes has been recalled, the sandstorm subsides after three turns. All physical moves and certain special moves (this is up to the ref) lose 10% accuracy, but moves that involve tugging or slapping (such as Grass Knot and Mud Slap) gain 5% power.

um, 'tis all I can think of for now.

Whoops! how did I screw that up?

The body of a normal Baltoy only rotates if it is using Rapid Spin. However, in a freak accident while he was using the move (which included him countering a rapid spin with a rapid spin in the other direction), Bes's body has been knocked into perpetual motion. Not his head, mind you, just his body. This causes a small vortex, picking up ant sand or dirt in the area upon its entering the battle, raising a mild sandstorm on half the field. There's no telling how long this will last; Bes might be like this forever. All moves that involve Bes's body causing a strike or actually striking have a decreased accuracy, but moves like Grass Knot that involve tugging or slapping gain power, as his body is constantly moving.

Effects: This basically like the Sand Stream ability, but the Sandstorm created starts as mild and must have a source. After Bes has been recalled, the sandstorm subsides after three turns. All physical moves and certain special moves (this is up to the ref) lose 10% accuracy, but moves that involve tugging or slapping (such as Grass Knot and Mud Slap) gain 5% power.

um, 'tis all I can think of for now.

Still somewhat iffy about the cause; if it's just because Bes was knocked by another Pokémon then he'd have to run out of momentum eventually. And I assume being called into his Pokéball would stop him moving as well.

"All physical moves and certain special moves according to the ref" could probably be simplified a lot more by putting "all contact moves". 5% extra damage to "tugging and slapping" moves is far too much; factoring in STAB, Mud-slap would dole out 8% damage.

You still didn't clarify the exact nature of a mild sandstorm.

...I just realised, I still have two free Pokémon to claim from the ASB awards way back in October.

Kabuto (M) <Swift Swim>
Frizard (M) <Ice Body>

no i won't pay

Also buying another Pokémon that I can give a gimmicky sig move to.

[Seto Kaiba] Meowth (M) <Pickup>

Signature Move: Screw The Rules, I Have Money!

Seto is a very affluent Meowth. He has built up his picking-up-shiny-stuff business from the ground up, and as a result is very, very rich. Quite phenomenally wealthy, as he does own the most startling quantities of cash. As a result, he has become egotistical and complacent, determined to get whatever he wants. He has come to think of rules and regulations as merely things for lesser, poorer beings who can't afford to buy the favour of the relevant authority. Therefore if he can scrounge enough pocket change, he's not averse to lining the ref's pockets to see that things go in his favour.

Type: Normal / Target: Self / Energy: 2%

Effects: Seto goes over to the referee and discreetly hands them a few coins from his Pickup earnings during the match. The referee will then see to it that the battle goes in Seto's favour in whichever way he specified. The money spent using this move is added to the referee's earnings at the end of the match. Seto can never pick up more than $10 during any one battle, including any money spent on bribes. Unless specified otherwise in the list of effects below, Screw The Rules, I Have Money! must be linked to an attack to gain a chosen effect, e.g Slash + Screw The Rules, I Have Money! ~ Pay Day.

The possible effects are as follows (and must be specified when Screw The Rules, I Have Money! is used):

- +20% accuracy ($2)
- double the chance of inflicting a critical hit ($4)
- 1.5x the chance of secondary effects triggering ($3)
- type of Hidden Power changed to any type of Seto's choosing ($1)
- increase a random stat by a chosen amount (does not require linking) ($1 for 1 or 2 levels, +$1 for every level thereafter)
- increase a chosen stat by a chosen amount (does not require linking) ($1 for 1 or 2 levels, +$2 for every level thereafter)
- negate Seto's status conditions (does not require linking) ($1 for mild conditions, $2 for moderate conditions, $3 for severe conditions; prices stack for each condition)

Usage gap: 1 round.

...no way that's getting approved
Also randomly getting a Shellder because this video has made me adore them somehow :3
Shellder (M) <Skill Link>

yes i will pay

Last edited:

let's try again, then.

The body of a normal Baltoy only rotates if it is using Rapid Spin. However, in a freak accident while he was using the move (which included him countering a rapid spin with a rapid spin in the other direction), Bes's body has been knocked into a perpetual motion which feeds upon itself (kind of the definition of "perpetual", but whatever). Not his head, mind you, just his body. This causes a small vortex (thus creating a frictionless vacuum), picking up and sand or dirt in the area upon its entering the battle, raising a mild sandstorm on half the field. There's no telling how long this will last; Bes might be like this forever. All moves that involve Bes's body causing a strike or actually striking have a decreased accuracy, but moves like Grass Knot that involve tugging or slapping gain power, as his body is constantly moving.

Effects: This basically like the Sand Stream ability that raises a mild sandstorm which inflicts normal sandstorm damage, but the Sandstorm created starts as mild and does not die down at all, unless Bes is recalled. This sandstorm must also have a source. After Bes has been recalled, the sandstorm subsides after three turns. All contact moves lose 10% accuracy, but moves that involve tugging or slapping (such as Grass Knot and Mud Slap) gain 3% power.

I'm really not sure how else to make the fact that he cant stop spinning more blatant.

I'm really not sure how else to make the fact that he cant stop spinning more blatant.

It doesn't need to be more blatant, there just need to be a better reason. "He got knocked by a Pokémon using Rapid Spin while he was using Rapid Spin and now he can't stop because it turned him into a perpetual motion device" just isn't very convincing, I'm afraid.

It doesn't need to be more blatant, there just need to be a better reason. "He got knocked by a Pokémon using Rapid Spin while he was using Rapid Spin and now he can't stop because it turned him into a perpetual motion device" just isn't very convincing, I'm afraid.

Well, that's the thing, it defies logic, being from a freak accident and all. But, If I must,

The body of a normal Baltoy only rotates if it is using Rapid Spin. However, Bes's body is rotating perpetually due to a series of events including deflecting a series of other, more powerful Rapid Spins. This battery of rapidly spinning power knocked Bes's inner gyroscope out of whack, and he doesn't know how to stop anymore. Only his body spins, mind you, not his head. Now, upon its entrance, Bes's constant spinning creates a mild sandstorm from the dirt and grit in the immediate area, that does not die down until Bes is recalled. All moves that involve Bes's body causing a strike or actually striking have a decreased accuracy, but moves like Grass Knot that involve tugging or slapping gain power, as his body is constantly moving. However, as a repercussion, Bes can no longer use Rapid Spin.

Effects: This basically like the Sand Stream ability that raises a mild sandstorm which inflicts normal sandstorm damage, but the Sandstorm created starts as mild and does not die down at all, unless Bes is recalled. This sandstorm must also have a source. After Bes has been recalled, the sandstorm subsides after three turns. All contact moves lose 10% accuracy, but moves that involve tugging or slapping (such as Grass Knot and Mud Slap) gain 3% power. Also, use of the move Rapid Spin is impossible.

Other Notes: Unless he has fainted, Bes continues to spin. This includes when he is recalled, if he is still conscious. (meaning he is still gyrating upon recalling)

Why can't Troll Science work ;_;

Also, is this any better? I tried to work out the kinks.

Last edited:

This sig attribute for Cuckoo, please.

HI-YAAA!!!!! (more like pathetic flail)

Cuckoo's great-great-great grandfather belonged to a sensei. Cuckoo's family has honed a special martial art move, but Cuckoo,not so much. Cuckoo's family taught him the move, but he couldn't master it. All he knew was a pathetic flailing move. His family decided to concentrate more on his brother, which angered Cuckoo. This failing is now fueled by pure anger. This move tires him at the end, giving him a -3 in Attack and Accuracy. The type is normal, because its just a pathetic flail, not a masterful move.

Type: Normal
Base damage: 20%, 25 if target is another male Hoothoot. Physical attack.
Accuracy: 85%
Target: Single
Energy: 15%
Duration: One action, two actions if target is another male Hoothoot.
Effects: -3 in Attack and Accuracy.
Usage gap: once per match.

Spr_1b_088.png

[Dexter] (male)
ability: N/A
Signature Attribute: Generation 1

Along with appearing to be of a... simpler construction, Dexter is from Generaton 1, giving him limitations. Dexter came to this time using Bill's time machine. Being from when he is, Dexter has a limited movepool, no ability, and a weakness to Bug, as in the original games. Upon his arrival to this time, Dexter was given the option to be fully upgraded, but he chose not to. While these things are inconvenient, Dexter prefers to battle with them.

Effect: Dexter is weak to bug, and has no ability. He also is limited to the movepool given here. His stats are broken down in the way they were back in Generation 1, and moves that lower Sp. Attack also lowers his Sp. Defense, and vice verse.

Oh grimer, grimer, grimer, I made you out of clay.

Oh, and so I'm not ignored:

The body of a normal Baltoy only rotates if it is using Rapid Spin. However, Bes's body is rotating perpetually due to a series of events including deflecting a series of other, more powerful Rapid Spins. This battery of rapidly spinning power knocked Bes's inner gyroscope out of whack, and he doesn't know how to stop anymore. Only his body spins, mind you, not his head. Now, upon its entrance, Bes's constant spinning creates a mild sandstorm from the dirt and grit in the immediate area, that does not die down until Bes is recalled. All moves that involve Bes's body causing a strike or actually striking have a decreased accuracy, but moves like Grass Knot that involve tugging or slapping gain power, as his body is constantly moving. However, as a repercussion, Bes can no longer use Rapid Spin.

Effects: This basically like the Sand Stream ability that raises a mild sandstorm which inflicts normal sandstorm damage, but the Sandstorm created starts as mild and does not die down at all, unless Bes is recalled. This sandstorm must also have a source. After Bes has been recalled, the sandstorm subsides after three turns. All contact moves lose 10% accuracy, but moves that involve tugging or slapping (such as Grass Knot and Mud Slap) gain 3% power. Also, use of the move Rapid Spin is impossible.

Other Notes: Unless he has fainted, Bes continues to spin. This includes when he is recalled, if he is still conscious. (meaning he is still gyrating upon recalling)

Last edited:

Umm... Lets see if I do this right... Starting~

[Jasmine] Ralts (Female) Syncronize

[Sparkler] Staryu (Genderless Starfish) Natural Cure

And I posted it to the bank here

Last edited:

First, buying two Pokémon:

Nidoranm
Romeo (Male)
Ability:
Poison Point
and
Nidoranf
Juliet (Female)
Ability:
Poison Point

Comes to $14.

Plus, going to give them signature attributes. I discussed these with Meowth and he says they look okay. Let's see if any of the other approvers will find anything that he missed.
(I don't need to put their details again here do I?)

Romeo:
Signature Attribute: I'll name this later
Romeo and Juliet, as their names would imply, are very deeply in love. They spend all of their time together, only having eyes for one another and often to the abandon of everything around them; they always seek to impress the other; they would never even consider hurting each other, of course, and if one of them should be hurt, the other will mourn, then thirst for veangance. These have a variety of effects in battle, although there are downsides too.
These two Nidoran are so very in love with each other, they would never even consider someone else as a romantic partner. The attacks Attract and Captivate will fail, as would any other effects based around love; the ability Cute Charm cannot affect them. Unfortunately, though, they often forget about what they're doing to be with one another; each action, they have a 5% chance of being 'attracted' - in a double battle they will sort of snuggle up to one another, while in a single battle they will just be distracted by thoughts about the other.
They also have a tendency to try and impress one another, despite having often reassured each other that it's not necessary; when both of them are on the field at the same time, they will attack with reckless abandon, raising their special attack and attack stats by one stage each but lowering their defense and special defense stats by one each.
Obviously, neither would ever consider hurting the other; should they, for any reason, have to attack each other, they will not attack that action, and if they are commanded to use a widespread attack, which would damage every Pokémon on the field, they will only use them at a reduced capacity.
Finally, if either of them should be knocked out by an opponent while the other remains on the field, the remaining one will mourn briefly, then fly into a revenge-obsessed rage, attacking with far more force; they spend one round mourning, and then will deal 3% more damage with all their attacks but use 2% more energy.
Effects: Romeo is immune to Attract, Captivate, and any other attack that relies on love; Cute Charm will also not affect him. Each action, however, he has a 5% chance of acting as though attracted, being lost in thoughts of Juliet or, if they are both on the field, then snuggling up to her. If they are both on the field, this is only calculated once for both of them.
When both Romeo and Juliet are on the field at the same time, they both gain +1 attack and special attack, but lose 1 defense and special defense. These levels are treated as the default for haze or similar.
Should he, for whatever reason, be commanded to attack Juliet, he will ignore his orders and do nothing for that action. Should he be commanded to use a widespread attack that would affect Juliet as well, he weakens his attack, effectively reducing its base power by a third.
If they are both on the field and Juliet is knocked out by an opponent, he will spend one round grieving but then subsequently attack more strongly, using 2% more energy to deal 3% more damage with each attack he uses.
Juliet:
Signature Attribute: Insert love-based name here
Romeo and Juliet, as their names would imply, are very deeply in love. They spend all of their time together, only having eyes for one another and often to the abandon of everything around them; they always seek to impress the other; they would never even consider hurting each other, of course, and if one of them should be hurt, the other will mourn, then thirst for veangance. These have a variety of effects in battle, although there are downsides too.
These two Nidoran are so very in love with each other, they would never even consider someone else as a romantic partner. The attacks Attract and Captivate will fail, as would any other effects based around love; the ability Cute Charm cannot affect them. Unfortunately, though, they often forget about what they're doing to be with one another; each action, they have a 5% chance of being 'attracted' - in a double battle they will sort of snuggle up to one another, while in a single battle they will just be distracted by thoughts about the other.
They also have a tendency to try and impress one another, despite having often reassured each other that it's not necessary; when both of them are on the field at the same time, they will attack with reckless abandon, raising their special attack and attack stats by one stage each but lowering their defense and special defense stats by one each.
Obviously, neither would ever consider hurting the other; should they, for any reason, have to attack each other, they will not attack that action, and if they are commanded to use a widespread attack, which would damage every Pokémon on the field, they will only use them at a reduced capacity.
Finally, if either of them should be knocked out by an opponent while the other remains on the field, the remaining one will mourn briefly, then fly into a revenge-obsessed rage, attacking with far more force; they spend one round mourning, and then will deal 3% more damage with all their attacks but use 2% more energy.
Effects: Juliet is immune to Attract, Captivate, and any other attack that relies on love; Cute Charm will also not affect her. Each action, however, she has a 5% chance of acting as though attracted, being lost in thoughts of Romeo or, if they are both on the field, then snuggling up to him. If they are both on the field, this is only calculated once for both of them.
When both Romeo and Juliet are on the field at the same time, they both gain +1 attack and special attack, but lose 1 defense and special defense. These levels are treated as the default for haze or similar.
Should she, for whatever reason, be commanded to attack Romeo, she will ignore her orders and do nothing for that action. Should she be commanded to use a widespread attack that would affect Romeo as well, she weakens his attack, effectively reducing its base power by a third.
If they are both on the field and Romeo is knocked out by an opponent, she will spend one round grieving but then subsequently attack more strongly, using 2% more energy to deal 3% more damage with each attack she uses.

Last edited:

So, before I forget again,
Something about this just seems overpowered. I'm not really happy with the idea of a first-stage Pokémon having a 1.5x better chance of inflicting any secondary effects from any move. I'd say lower that to 1.25x (I was going to suggest maybe just an extra 10% on every move but then in cases like Ominous Wind that would just make things a lot worse), or maybe make Random Number God's default Special stat limitations more severe.
First-stage, but once-evolving; that puts it a cut above twice-evolving Pokemon, and I don't think the same limiters would be involved. Unless, of course, you were unhappy with this idea in the first place.

Those Special stat limitations were overly hopeful, yes; you know, the old story of trying to see how much I can get away with.

Resubmitting with slightly harsher limitations; stop me if I'm supposed to be messing around with other spots of the attribute.

[Random Number God] Shuppet (M)
Ability: Frisk
Signature Attribute: Chance Manipulation

Random Number God and some friends of his used to hang out below the eaves of a spiteful man's house, eating off his negative emotions. The man, who tolerated their presence (or simply never noticed it), was an old trainer-turned-battle scientist who retired after his studies were long ignored by the ASB's niche. Accompaining the man's life, the Shuppet pack had plentiful access to his research.

The man's latest studies were extensive, tiresome experiments that attempted to unveil what trainers had so far called "dumb luck", to understand what set the odds for attacks' secondary effects to kick in, as well as the effects of certain conditions, such as confusion or paralysis. Eventually, because of how far he was ignored, he had to cancel his operations on that area; after all, somebody had to keep the resources coming.

The man never managed to finish his research, but the horde of Shuppet was intrigued by it. The day a need for battling arose, they put whatever they learned to practice, perfecting the secrets to altering the "odds". Random Number God was particularly intrigued by these, and obssessively practiced the techniques until he could alter every move he knew. Still, it's very hard to remember and apply every one of these techniques, and it tends to take a toll on the user.

Effects: All moves used by Random Number God will have x1.5 times the chance of activating any secondary effects, as well as boosting critical hit domain by one. Any time Random Number God uses a move that he has not used prior in the battle and that is affected by Chance Manipulation, he will move last within the priority bracket, in order to remember clearly the "odd"-boosting procedure. Because performing this attribute is tiresome and difficult, Random Number God will usually not be in his best mindset, having a starting 2- Special Attack and Special Defense. He still can only reach 6- and 6+ with stat boosts, and these reductions will be default, meaning that, if Random Number God's stats are neutralized, said reductions will be in place.

Buying my starting team.
[Matthew] Meowth (M) <Technician>
[Jessica] Piplup (F)
[Seth] Drifloon (M) <Aftermath>
[Danny] Corphish (M) <Hyper Cutter>
That makes 35, since Piplup is a starter Pokemon.
http://forums.dragonflycave.com/showpost.php?p=468902&postcount=314

Approved.

Umm... Lets see if I do this right... Starting~

[Jasmine] Ralts (Female) Syncronize

[Sparkler] Staryu (Female) Natural Cure

And I posted it to the bank here

Next time, link directly to the bank post by clicking the post number in the top right corner. But I'll Approve it this time.

First, buying two Pokémon:

Nidoranm
Romeo (Male)
Ability:
Poison Point
and
Nidoranf
Juliet (Female)
Ability:
Poison Point

Comes to $14.

Pokemon themselves are approved; I can't do attributes though, sorry.

And now for me:

Seviper (F) <Shed Skin>

for 15$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom