• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Chief Zackrai vs. RespectTheBlade

Superbird

Fire emblem is great
3-v-3 singles
Style: set
DQ: 7 days
Damage cap: 100%
Banned moves: Evasion increase, OHKO
Arena: SPACE!

Literally. You are on the moon. Oxygen masks and tanks of air will be provided for all participating. There are craters here and there, and gravity is reduced, so all Pokemon jump higher than usual. Also, all moves that involve space (i.e. Cosmic Power, Moonlight, Morning Sun, etc.) gain 20% efficiency, as you are in space. Also, there will be a 10% chance for a meteor to strike the field once per round, a 5% chance of a shower, and a 1% chance for this meteor(s) to hit a pokemon in play, dealing 40% damage. (or something like that)

Chief Zackrai's active squad
[Cré] Baltoy (x) <Levitate>
[Ptah] Gligar (M) <Hyper Cutter> @ Razor Fang
[Ramses] Shroomish (M) <Poison Heal>
--Signature move: Barbaric Rage
[Dexter] Grimer (M) <-->
--Signature Attribute: Generation I

RespectTheBlade's active Squad
[Drake] Dratini (M) <Shed Skin> @ Draco Plate
[Pix] Trapinch (F) <Arena Trap>
[Paralyzer] Shroomish (M) <Effect Spore>
[-273° C] Froslass (F) <Snow Cloak> @ Damp Stone
[Axel] Absol (M) <Super Luck>
[Keaton] Vulpix (M) <Flash Fire>
[King's English] Ralts (M) <Synchronize> @Dawn Stone
--Body mod: Automail Arm

To start things off...
•Chief Zackrai sends out
•RespectTheBlade sends out and attacks
•Chief Zackrai attacks
•I ref.

Also, Blade, I swear the last time I reffed one of your battles your active squad was definitely not that big.

Last edited:
I've been buying pokemon. Gifts, too.

Drake, it's your time to shine!

Start off with 3 Dragon Rushes. If he protects, switch to Dragon Dance.

Dragon Rush/Dragon Dance x3

Silly Blade, Dex can't use protect!

Start with Disable. Do this until it works. Afterward, use Mega Drain (energy)

Disable~Disable/Mega Drain(energy)~Disable/Mega Drain(energy)

3-v-3 singles

Literally. You are on the moon. Oxygen masks and tanks of air will be provided for all participating. There are craters here and there, and gravity is reduced, so all Pokemon jump higher than usual. Also, all moves that involve space (i.e. Cosmic Power, Moonlight, Morning Sun, etc.) gain 20% efficiency, as you are in space. Also, there will be a 10% chance for a meteor to strike the field once per round, a 5% chance of a shower, and a 1% chance for this meteor(s) to hit a pokemon in play, dealing 40% damage. (or something like that)

Ah, it’s a lovely day on the moon! Just look at that earthrise! Suddenly, in a flash of light, two trainers appear, fall to the ground, and proceed to stumble around for a few moments due to the low gravity. What the heck is with that teleporter? Weren’t they supposed to be on the Starship Enterprise? Ah, whatever.

Chief Zackrai tosses out a Poké Ball, which flies a lot farther than he expects it to and hits Blade in the face. It bounces off, and hits the ground to explode in a flash of light. Soon, there is a purple pile of sludge in its place. Blade, meanwhile, drops his Poké Ball on the ground in front of him, and out comes a blue-and-white snake which looks at it opponent curiously. Suddenly, another figure jumps out of a crater, referee flags waving in his hands.

Round One Begin!

Team Zackrai
Spr_1b_088.png

[Dexter] Grimer (M)
Signature Attribute: Generation 1
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%

Team Blade
dratini
[Drake] Dratini (M) @Draco Plate
Ability: Shed Skin
Energy: 100%

Drake begins the battle by coating itself in Dragon-type energy. It glows purple, and uses its long tail as a spring coil to launch itself high up. The moon’s low gravity gives it a considerable distance, but soon the Dratini is charging back down. It hits Dexter squarely, denting into the Grimer’s slimy figure. Drake bounces out and back to his original place, a somewhat satisfied smile on his face.

Dexter frowns. Is that attack even legal? What was that? Eh, whatever. The grimer tosses a pile of gray sludge at Drake. The gray neurotoxin seeps into the Dratini’s brain and completely disables his previous move.

“Dragon Rush”? Drake frowns. He’s heard the term before—he thinks he’s even used it just now—but he can’t remember how for his life. Well, he still has options. The Dratini immediately rears up on his tail and begins to…break dance? What? Dexter watches in amusement as the Dratini does the worm, then gets up and starts spinning on his nose. He feels power building up inside him. Just wait until his next chance to attack!

Dexter glows green. A few orbs of energy pull themselves out of Drake’s body, and the Dratini suddenly feels marginally more tired. Some of the orbs dissipate, but others fly over to Dexter’s body and enter it as he waves his slimy hands.

Drake sets himself up for another session of dancing. This time he performs a folk ritual dance, made to build his power. He soon feels the effects, as well as a boost in agility. That would be useful. In the meantime, even more orbs of energy rip themselves out of the dragon’s body and fly into the mass of slime on the other side of the battlefield.

Round One End!

Team Zackrai
Spr_1b_088.png

[Dexter] Grimer (M)
Health: 92%
Energy: 90%

Team Blade
dratini
[Drake] Dratini (M) @Draco Plate
Energy: 84%
Status: Slightly annoyed. Attack +2. Speed +2. Dragon Rush disabled (two more actions).​

Damage and Energy calculations
•Dragon Rush: 8% damage
•Disable: 4% energy
•Dragon Dance: 4% energy
•Mega Drain: 2% ‘damage’, 4% energy (restored 1%)
•Mega Drain: 2% ‘damage’, 4% energy (restored 1%)

Arena Notes
•Nothing out of the ordinary

Notes
•Sorry this isn’t the best reffing ever; I don’t really feel like reffing that much today.

Next Round
•Chief Zackrai attacks
•RespectTheBlade attacks
•I ref

Because of the ASB reset, I'm resetting the DQ time. Seven days, Blade.

By the way, do you guys want to be able to use Black/White attacks for the remainder of this battle?

Okay. Lets go with a Dragon Tail to hopefully knock him into a crater. If he is able to get close enough to attack, Dragon Tail again. Otherwise, use Dragon Dance.

Dragon Tail/Dragon Dance x3

3-v-3 singles

Round Two Begin!

Spr_1b_088.png

[Dexter] Grimer (M)
Health: 92%
Energy: 90%

Team Blade
dratini@draco-plate
[Drake] Dratini (M)
Energy: 86%
Status: Slightly annoyed. Attack +2. Speed +2. Dragon Rush disabled (two more actions).​

Dexter wastes no time in pulling a glob of sludge out of his little 8-bit body and hurling it as hard as he can at Drake. The Dratini tries to spiral out of the way to avoid the attack, but fails to put the moon’s low gravity into effect and fails to dodge the attack. Dexter smiles to himself, congratulating himself on the successful attack. Drake, meanwhile, begins to feel a bit sick.

The Dratini slithers over to Dexter, rearing his tail back. Then, he slams his tail into the Grimer, sending it flying upwards. He chuckles to himself, looking up at Dexter cringing in pain, a dozen meters above the surface.

Dexter, however, isn’t very happy about this. He’s always been afraid of heights, and this isn’t helping. He looks own and spits a bolt of lightning at Drake, who is waving with his tail. Caught by surprise, the Dratini is hit yet again. This time it’s Dexter’s turn to chuckle at his opponent. Look at how high he is, out of reach of that pesky Dratini!

Drake is now starting to feel a bit sick, as well as a bit angry at that Grimer for causing him pain. How dare that little glob of toxic waste try to be better than him! The Dratini coils himself into a spring, and propels himself upwards quicker than Dexter was when he was blasted up by the first Dragon Tail. The Grimer watches nervously as his opponent rears his tail, getting ever-closer…and then slams it down when he’s right above the pile of sludge. Dexter is send hurtling down at the moon…and gets shot straight into one of the deep craters on the arena. Grumbling to himself, the Grimer grudgingly begins to climb up the wall, out of the blasted thing.

Meanwhile, Drake begins his descent, twirling and break-dancing in low gravity. As he descends to the surface of the moon, his body twists and turns, coils and uncoils itself. Just as he finishes the Dragon Dance, he touches down gracefully. Then, seeing Dexter pull himself over the edge of the crater, he laughs at the thing’s misfortune.

Round Two End!

Team Zackrai
Spr_1b_088.png

[Dexter] Grimer (M)
Health: 72%
Energy: 78%

Team Blade
dratini @draco-plate
[Drake] Dratini (M)
Health: 93%
Energy: 62%
Status: Happy that the battle is going in his favor. Attack +3. Speed +3. Poisoned (severe; 1% this round, 2% the next)​

•Toxic: 5% energy
•Dragon Tail: 10% damage, 9% energy
•Thunderbolt: 6% damage, 7% energy
•Dragon Tail: 10% damage, 9% energy

Arena Notes
•Nothing out of the ordinary

Notes
•I gave Dragon Tail a 30% chance of sending Dexter into a crater. It succeeded the second usage.
•Dexter spent action three climbing out of the crater. Unfortunately, he it couldn’t see Drake, so it couldn’t even try to use Thunderbolt. On the plus side, I didn’t subtract any energy.
•If there’s anything you don’t like about this round, I’m happy to negotiate. Just say so. I’m saying this because I took some ref liberties in writing this.
•Ah, screw it. I’m referring to Dexter as a he, even though he’s technically an ‘it’. By the way, Zackrai, am I allowed to refer to him as just 'Dex'?

Next Round
•RespectTheBlade attacks
•Chief Zackrai attacks
•I ref

Alright, time for something I wanted to try. You're on the moon, so uleash fiery green hell on that 8-bit pile of sludge. Draco Meteor him once. You can deal with the Special Attack recoil, but make sure you only use Draco Meteor once. And make sure it hits. If he tries to dodge, or protect himself in any way, Chill. After you Draco Meteor, Chill the rest of your actions.

Draco Meteor/Chill~Chill/Draco Meteor(if failed first action)~Chill/Draco Meteor (If failed first two actions.)

Um, start with Substitute. After which, I want you to use Screech, followed with Body Slam. If substitute fails or fades, always try dodging.

Substitute~Screech/Dodge~Screech (if you had to dodge)/Body Slam/Dodge

3-v-3 singles

Round Three Begin!

Team Zackrai
Spr_1b_088.png

[Dexter] Grimer (M)
Health: 72%
Energy: 78%

Team Blade
dratini @draco-plate
[Drake] Dratini (M)
Health: 93%
Energy: 62%
Status: Happy that the battle is going in his favor. Attack +3. Speed +3. Poisoned (severe; 1% this round, 2% the next)​

What was that? Unleash fiery green hell on Dexter? Drake smiles. He’s wanted to do something like this all his life! The Dratini lifts his head toward the little atmosphere the moon has, and uses his psychic power to take a meteor out of its path from outer space. The Draco Meteor flies toward the moon’s surface, immersed in green flames, straight toward Dexter. Needless to say, the poor grimer’s eyes are probably bigger than his sprite right now. The meteor hits, making a gigantic explosion right on top of the pile of sludge. When the dust clears away, a [very] annoyed Dexter can be seen shaping what’s left of the ground beneath his feet into a glob about his shape. Eventually, Dexter pulls some sludge off of his body and mixes it with the dust. Said dust is bound together, and forms into a grey duplicate of the one who created it.

Drake yawns. That attack, however magnificent it may have been, wasn’t so easy to perform. He’s pretty tired now. The Dratini yawns again and coils himself, resting his head on his body. Dexter watches with resentment. He would dare try THAT hard to defeat him but be too lazy to finish the job? How insolent! Dex opens his mouth and instantly emits the most high-pitched scream he can. Drake’s eyes are blown open, and he hides his head inside of his coils to avoid the noise.

Dex smiles. That worked. Now for the real stuff. Drake begins to nod off again, and Dexter rears back. Then, he gathers all the power he can, and lunges forward at his chilling opponent. The aerial assault works, and his opponent is caught off-guard. The Drake is thrown back, and rears up again, only to feel more nauseous thnks to the toxins in his body. All the more reason to eliminate that pile of useless 8-bit waste.

Round Three End!

Team Zackrai
Spr_1b_088.png

[Dexter] Grimer (M)
Health: 42%
Energy: 66%

grimerSubstitute: 10% Health

Team Blade
dratini @draco-plate
[Drake] Dratini (M)
Health: 68%
Energy: 85%
Status: Happy about Draco Meteor, but a bit nauseous. Attack +3. Speed +3. Defense -2. Speial Attack -2. Poisoned (severe; 2% this round, 3% the next)​

•Draco Meteor: 20% damage, 11% energy
•Substitute: -10% health, 5% energy
•Chill: restored 10% energy
•Screech: 1% energy
•Chill: restored 10% energy
•Body slam: 12% damage, 6% energy

Arena Notes
•There is an extra crater where Dexter was. It isn’t that deep, though.

Notes
•Technically, Substitute counts as a shield/protection, so Drake wouldn’t have used Draco Meteor at all. But Drake is faster than Dex, so he’d have gone first anyhow.
•Draco Meteor gained a 1.2x (20%) boost in base power, thanks to the arena.
•Zackrai, you didn’t specify the amount for your substitute, so I randomized it. It came out to 10%.
•Yes, I have been factoring in Shed Skin.

Next Round
•Chief Zackrai attacks
•RespectTheBlade attacks
•I ref

Last edited:
Uh, superbird, if Dex was at 72% health, then took 20% damage from draco meteor and 10% health to create the sub, wouldn't he be at 42%, not 52%?

Anyway, Dragon Rush twice, then Protect.

Dragon Rush~Dragon Rush~Protect

Back
Top Bottom