• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
In celebration! This one's for Zorzor. Reused arenas, hooray! C:

2v2 single
Switch
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: The Inside of Zora’s Mind

Well. No one knows how our heroes have managed this one, but it seems the universe has finally imploded around them, sending them (and the ref) spiralling into the depths of the mind of an crazy redhead.

The stage is around the size of an average arena, however, it is translucent and rainbow-coloured, and appears to be floating amidst a sort of purple void, with two roads made of rainbow extending to either side of the field. Every so often, the scenery around the arena will change, although this has no effect on the battle and so can change to whatever, whenever, at the referee’s discretion. There also are two small ponds to either edge of the arena for Water-types.

Although being inside the mind of someone like her has… other, effects.

- The moves Attract and Captivate, as well as other moves that base their effects on gender, can hit all Pokémon on the field, rather than just the specified gender.
- And also, there seem to be stimulants in the air in this arena, giving all Pokémon a boost in energy, setting it at an initial 150%.
AAaaaaaaaaccepted <3

(itt I manage to fill my battle limit in one day)

Dwagie/p0n-3, this is for you. Delicious Earl Grey.

2vs2 single
Style: Switch
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, direct recovery moves limited to 2 per Pokemon
Arena: An Extremely Large Cup of Double Bergamont Earl Grey with Honey

After a rather salty battle, Crazy Linoone and the Riolu-turned-pony referee decided that they would like to have a salt-less rest, thank you very much. To relax their tired bodies and get the hell away from the salt, Crazy Linoone prepared another Extremely Large Cup of tea, which hopefully will not get salted this time.

Like last time, the cup in question is, yes, extremely large -- two Wailords long in diameter at its largest and one and a half Wailords deep. So, yes, you actually can battle with a Wailord in this arena, the only problem being that it'll be hard for a Wailord to maneuver in here. The tea cup is a regular shaped tea cup, which means that it's wider on top than on the bottom, with a curved, porcelain handle coming out from one side. Made from white porcelain, the tea cup has been strengthened with a secret formula so that it will not break even under the most powerful attacks.

Instead of Mint Tea, the cup is filled to the rim with delicious, freshly brewed Earl Grey tea, made from the highest quality tea leaves Linoone could get its paws on after Negrek blew apart Asber for some reconstruction. The fragrance of bergamont oil permeates throughout the arena, the tea is soothing and delicious; whatever pokemon that decides to take an action and drink it will regain 10% health. However, because of the sheer awesomeness of battling in tea, and the sugar high induced by the honey, all attacks deal an extra 2% damage without extra energy costs.

Because it's tea instead of regular water, electricity conducts as well as it does in air.

Some tea-cods have found their way to this cup. They're regular cod-sized, about 1.5 meters long, and don't do anything, although they all seemed to be wearing tiny top hats and monocles for some reason.

Other: All pokemon that cannot breath underwater will get a air bubble mask over their face that gives them air to prevent drowning at a cost of -1 speed.

Dwagie/p0n-3, this is for you. Delicious Earl Grey.

2vs2 single
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, direct recovery moves limited to 2 per Pokemon
Arena: An Extremely Large Cup of Double Bergamont Earl Grey with Honey

After a rather salty battle, Crazy Linoone and the Riolu-turned-pony referee decided that they would like to have a salt-less rest, thank you very much. To relax their tired bodies and get the hell away from the salt, Crazy Linoone prepared another Extremely Large Cup of tea, which hopefully will not get salted this time.

Like last time, the cup in question is, yes, extremely large -- two Wailords long in diameter at its largest and one and a half Wailords deep. So, yes, you actually can battle with a Wailord in this arena, the only problem being that it'll be hard for a Wailord to maneuver in here. The tea cup is a regular shaped tea cup, which means that it's wider on top than on the bottom, with a curved, porcelain handle coming out from one side. Made from white porcelain, the tea cup has been strengthened with a secret formula so that it will not break even under the most powerful attacks.

Instead of Mint Tea, the cup is filled to the rim with delicious, freshly brewed Earl Grey tea, made from the highest quality tea leaves Linoone could get its paws on after Negrek blew apart Asber for some reconstruction. The fragrance of bergamont oil permeates throughout the arena, the tea is soothing and delicious; whatever pokemon that decides to take an action and drink it will regain 10% health. However, because of the sheer awesomeness of battling in tea, and the sugar high induced by the honey, all attacks deal an extra 2% damage without extra energy costs.

Because it's tea instead of regular water, electricity conducts as well as it does in air.

Some tea-cods have found their way to this cup. They're regular cod-sized, about 1.5 meters long, and don't do anything, although they all seemed to be wearing tiny top hats and monocles for some reason.

Other: All pokemon that cannot breath underwater will get a air bubble mask over their face that gives them air to prevent drowning at a cost of -1 speed.

Delicious, delicious Earl Grey. <3 Hold the salt. All the salt. MIKE.

And I say those may well be the classiest cod I have ever laid eyes upon.

You can have up to 3 challenges, right? This one is for Silver specifically.
3vs3 single
Arena: A Plate of Fruit
This is an enlarged plate of fruit. The fruits are real. Several kinds of fruit, namely pineapple, watermelon slices, apples, blackberries, raspberries, and kiwi. Trainers here must be careful to avoid the pineapple's pricks especially, and if a Pokemon stumbles into it they take 2% damage. The scent of fruit has a property of aromatherapy; if a Pokemon stops and breathes in the wonderful scent, they recover 5% energy. However, stopping and smelling the fruits takes up one action. The fruits are arranged on the outside of the plate, with the center having no obstructions.

Try this one out for size, Silver! :D

Quick question for Negrek specifically. If we're in the Mosh Pit battle, does that take up one of our three battle slots?

3vs3 Triple
Style: Set
DQ: One week
Damage Cap: 25%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, direct healing moves, chills limited to 5 per Pokémon
Arena: Desert Oasis

This battle takes place in the middle of the desert, where there normally wouldn't be any life, if it weren't for the huge oasis of about fifteen meters in diameter. The water is clear and cool, and though it's too shallow to sustain much life in most areas, the floor of the oasis gradually slopes down until it's about five meters deep in the middle. Pokémon can dive in it as long as they're small enough to fit in the strange dip in the oasis (i.e. less than three meters in height). Outside of this oasis, on the western side, there is a square grassy area about the width of the oasis. In the middle is a cluster of a few palm trees that provide shade and possibly a place to hide. The palm trees are about four meters in height. Outside of this grass and at all other areas of the oasis is light sand for as far as the eye can see.

In this arena, the weather is always Sunny unless it is changed with a move; after the effect of the weather-changing move fades, the weather returns to Sunny. Using Sunny Day while the weather is Sunny by default will have no effect.

Also, in each round, a palm tree has a 10% chance of dropping a coconut, with up to four coconuts over the course of the battle. These strange coconuts seem to always aim for the nearest target's head. If a Pokémon is hit by a coconut, it will deal damage:
If the targeted Pokémon is smaller than one meter in height, the coconut deals 5% typeless damage.
If the targeted Pokémon is between one and two meters in height inclusive, the coconut will deal 3% typeless damage.
If the targeted Pokémon is larger than two meters in height, the coconut will deal 2% typeless damage.
Any Pokémon taller than the palm tree (four meters) will not be affected by a falling coconut for obvious reasons.

Other: None.

You can have up to 3 challenges, right? This one is for Silver specifically.
3vs3 single
Arena: A Plate of Fruit
This is an enlarged plate of fruit. The fruits are real. Several kinds of fruit, namely pineapple, watermelon slices, apples, blackberries, raspberries, and kiwi. Trainers here must be careful to avoid the pineapple's pricks especially, and if a Pokemon stumbles into it they take 2% damage. The scent of fruit has a property of aromatherapy; if a Pokemon stops and breathes in the wonderful scent, they recover 5% energy. However, stopping and smelling the fruits takes up one action. The fruits are arranged on the outside of the plate, with the center having no obstructions.

Try this one out for size, Silver! :D

FRUITTTT }:0 I ACCEPT THE FRUITINESS 'O IMPAITENT ONE

Yeah, you duct taped my mouth sh-*Silver muzzles my mouth with her hand* Mrrf! *gets hand off mouth* Yay! Let's see if we can get this rolling.

Challenge for Cherry. I think is time we had another round of fights...gotta keep our rival image alive, don't we~

3vs3 single
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited to 5/pokémon
Arena: Brightmoon Tor

Brightmoon Tor is a mind-bendingly tall tower that comes and goes on the whims of the moon in the Jylland region of Ivalice. It is a beautiful structure made up of countless floors, each one stuffed with monsters and treasures beyond your wildest dreams.

The Tor consists of three 'Watches'. Each Watch is the same; three grey stone platforms, each about 15 feet square each, connected by carefully-hewn stairs. Towering dragon-shaped pillars hold up the roof, and each room is oddly spacious. A large red gemstone lurks on one of the platforms (randomly determined by the Ref), when touched by a Pokemon changes the Watch.

The First Watch carries the following properties:

- There is a 10% chance that both combatants will be Poisoned (90% chance normal poison, 10% Badly Poisoned) and their speed reduced by one stage.
- There is a 5% chance that one combatant (50/50 chance of each) will be put to Sleep.

The Second Watch contains the following properties:

- There is a 10% chance that both combatants will be mildly Confused.
- There is a 5% chance that one combatant (50/50 chance of each) will take 5% Typeless Damage.

The Third Watch contains the following properties:

- There is a 10% chance that both combatants will have their Speed reduced by two stages.
- There is a 5% chance that one combatant (50/50 chance of each) will have their Attack and Defence boosted by one stage each.

Each effect can stack and both have a chance of appearing in the same round, and linger after the Watch switches. The Watch is only switched when a Pokemon willingly touches a crystal, and the switch happens at the end of the round.

In addiction, three other gems can be found very rarely (5% chance) on each of the Watches, and if picked up by a Pokemon, grant the properties. As long as one of these gemstones is active, no others can be found. They are as follows:

- Crimson Tear: a blood red stone that boosts the holder's Attack by one stage.

- Snowy Tear: a snowy white gem that boosts the holders Sp.Atk by one stage.

- Azure Tear: a calming blue gem that boost the holder's evasion by one stage.

If the Tor switches Watches, the Gem disappears.

Last edited:
Hrmm... my first battle. Let's go for it.

3vs3 Single
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 35%
Arena: The Guitar

The arena does what it says on the tin - it's a massive guitar! It's about half a kilometre wide, and far longer. The referee watches from the soundhole, peering out from a nicely-placed ladder (the soundhole is off limits to the battlers, however). Every three turns, a chord will be played. These can have different effects:

20% - G Chord: Randomly chooses one of the Pokemon on the field, and heals it by 10% of its normal health. If the Pokemon is at 100% health already, there is a 50% chance of deducting 10% health, and a 50% chance of doing absolutely nothing.
20% - D Chord: Randomly chooses one of the Pokemon on the field, and deducts 10% of its normal health. If the Pokemon is already below 10% health, there is a 50% chance of healing 10%, and a 50% chance of taking the Pokemon down to 1% health, like with False Swipe.
30% - A Chord: Slams a barrier down on the guitar, so half of it is cut off. Any Pokemon on the fret at the time, rather than the body, will be damaged by 5% of its current health [ie, if the Pokemon is at 50% health, 3% will be taken away, leaving it at 47%]. The barrier remains for the turn afterwards, and is then lifted.
15% - E Major: Fully restores the energy of a randomly chosen Pokemon from the field.
15% - E Minor: Takes 10% energy from a randomly chosen Pokemon on the field.

This being my first time, I'd prefer it if someone newer to ASB accepted this one, but the challenge is open to anyone.

3vs3 Single

The arena does what it says on the tin - it's a massive guitar! It's about half a kilometre wide, and far longer. The referee watches from the soundhole, peering out from a nicely-placed ladder (the soundhole is off limits to the battlers, however). Every three turns, a chord will be played. These can have different effects:

20% - G Chord: Randomly chooses one of the Pokemon on the field, and heals it by 10% of its normal health. If the Pokemon is at 100% health already, there is a 50% chance of deducting 10% health, and a 50% chance of doing absolutely nothing.
20% - D Chord: Randomly chooses one of the Pokemon on the field, and deducts 10% of its normal health. If the Pokemon is already below 10% health, there is a 50% chance of healing 10%, and a 50% chance of taking the Pokemon down to 1% health, like with False Swipe.
30% - A Chord: Slams a barrier down on the guitar, so half of it is cut off. Any Pokemon on the fret at the time, rather than the body, will be damaged by 5% of its current health [ie, if the Pokemon is at 50% health, 3% will be taken away, leaving it at 47%]. The barrier remains for the turn afterwards, and is then lifted.
15% - E Major: Fully restores the energy of a randomly chosen Pokemon from the field.

This being my first time, I'd prefer it if someone newer to ASB accepted this one, but the challenge is open to anyone.

I accept

3vs3 Single

If you don't mind, I'll take this. I'm new too :D

If Mewtini doesn't mind, OrngSumb's post shows up as first, it doesn't look like he's had any battles lately, if at all, judging by his lists of posts, and it looks like you've already got some battles going on, so I pick him. Sorry!

2vs2 single
Arena: Skaia

Welcome to Skaia. Skaia is a chess-board like world covered in small hills. There are random trees interspersed throughout the world. Here's a picture.

Other: Only not-fully-evolved Pokemon may be used.

2vs2 single
Arena: Skaia

Welcome to Skaia. Skaia is a chess-board like world covered in small hills. There are random trees interspersed throughout the world. Here's a picture.

Other: Only not-fully-evolved Pokemon may be used.

I CLAIM THIS BATTLE

or in nicer words

I accepttt. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom