• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Hadro vs. Phantom

Superbird

Fire emblem is great
3v3 Singles
Style: Set
DQ: Five Days
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned moves: OHKOs, Healing
Arena: Pokémon Stadium (Super Smash Bros. Melee/Brawl)

Anyone who played these games in their time will know this arena well; the arena appears to be just a basic stadium with two floating platforms, however, at regular intervals the arena changes to a different type, Water, Grass, Fire or Rock. These types of arena will give a 2x damage boost to any Pokémon of that type currently on the field and will also change the scenery:
Fire: Battlers are now in a burned-down forest.
Water: Battlers are around a pool of water. There is a windmill at the other side of the arena.
Grass: Battlers are surrounded by grass and trees.
Rock: Battlers are surrounded by mountains.
The space surrounding the arena is a bottomless pit, but it has been blocked off with a forcefield for the purposes of the Pokémon battle.

Hadro's active squad
[Ninja] Torchic (M) <Blaze>
[Ray] Seviper (M) <Shed Skin>
[Twisted Spoon] Abra (M) <Synchronize>
[Flash] Shinx (M) <Intimidate>

Phantom's active squad
[Kaden] Charmander (M) <Blaze>
[My Dark Soul] Gastly (M) <Levitate>
[Blitz] Electrike (F) <Static>

To start things off...
•Hadro sends out
•Phantom sends out and attacks
•Hadro attacks
•I ref.

By the way, Hadro, when does the field change? Every round? Every two rounds? At random? I'd suggest at the end of every round. Also, since the field in the games returns to normal before transforming again, should it be like normal>fire>normal>Water>normal>grass>normal>rock ?

Yeah, at the end of every round sounds good, and that's right too, it should transition to normal every round after a type. Gogo Twisted Spoon, make me proud :D

Abra huh? Smart choice to have Soul come out again.

First Hypnosis, if that doesn't work use Night Slash, if he hits you on the second move nail him with a Sucker Punch otherwise use Omnious Wind. If hypnosis worked, Dream Eater then give em a Nightmare.

Hypnosis~Night Slash/Dream Eater~Sucker Punch/Protect/Nightmare

Hmm, need to think of some interesting choices for my first battle :P
Well I guess you should Teleport behind him when he uses Hypnosis so you can avoid his gaze. Then hit him with the biggest Shadow Ball you can conjure before he lands his Sucker Punch. Lastly, throw up a Mirror Coat to try and avoid any further attempts at Hypnosis. If he manages to put you to sleep with his first action, just use Sleep Talk til you wake up then use your moves as normal.

Teleport behind him~Shadow Ball/Sleep Talk~Mirror Coat/Sleep Talk

amidoinitrite?

3v3 Singles

Anyone who played these games in their time will know this arena well; the arena appears to be just a basic stadium with two floating platforms, however, at regular intervals the arena changes to a different type, Water, Grass, Fire or Rock. These types of arena will give a 2x damage boost to any Pokémon of that type currently on the field and will also change the scenery:
Water: Battlers are around a pool of water. There is a windmill at the other side of the arena.
The space surrounding the arena is a bottomless pit, but it has been blocked off with a force field for the purposes of the Pokémon battle.

It’s a wonderful day in the world of Super Smash Brothers, and there are tons of competitors lined up at the Melee Pokémon Stadium to watch a nice Brawl. Unfortunately, Mario and Kirby don’t really feel like fighting, and are pleasantly surprised when two trainers appear, each in his or her own flash of white light, on opposite sides of the arena. This time, the crowd will have something a bit more interesting to watch!

Hadro steps forward and throws out a Poké Ball, out of which appears a sleeping yellow humanoid. The crowd murmurs. That’s a new kind of Pokémon that they don’t see very often. Phantom steps forward on the opposite end of the arena, and tosses out a Poké Ball of her own. Out of it comes a purplish blob of gas. The Gastly looks around, and then stares at its sleeping opponent evilly. Then, Superbird appears out of nowhere in the background, holding red referee flags. Battle Begin!

Round One Start!

Team Hadro
abra
[Twisted Spoon] Abra (M)
Ability: Synchronize
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%

Team Phantom
gastly
[My Dark Soul] Gastly (M)
Ability: Levitate
Energy: 100%

My Dark Soul looks forward at his opponent. Oh, how peacefully it seems to be sleeping! It’s probably sensing everything outside of its own body with psychic power rather than its own eyes! Soul decides to give Twisted Spoon a little test. The Gastly immediately sticks its tongue out and starts waving it around. Sure enough, the Abra’s little head starts following Soul’s tongue. Then it’s not there. Soul pulls his tongue back into his mouth and looks around confusedly for his opponent.

Spoon grins to himself as he charges a large sphere of shadows in his arms. After a moment the orb is fully charged, and Spoon hurls the Shadow Ball at the back of My Dark Soul, who is floating in front of him. The Gastly is forcibly blown forcibly forward as the attack explodes against his back. He spins around to get his opponent, but the Abra is already back to where it was originally.

Why, that cheating little—Soul decides to get his opponent back. He waits for the Abra to attack. He waits, and waits…Oh! It moved! Soul immediately rushes over to the Abra, his gar curled into a fist. But it goes straight through the Abra, who didn’t seem to feel a single thing. Scowling, Soul floats back to his old spot.

Round One End!

Team Hadro
abra
[Twisted Spoon] Abra (M)
Energy: 88%

Team Phantom
gastly
Health: 90%

Arena Notes
•The arena has changed into the Fire Arena.

Damage and Energy Calculations
•Teleport: 4% energy
•Hypnosis: 5% energy
•Shadow Ball: 10% damage, 8% energy
•Sucker Punch: 0% damage, 7% energy

Notes:
•I hate to burst your bubble, Phantom, but according to both Veekun and Serebii, Gastly cannot learn Night Slash.
•Sucker punch was ineffective because Spoon didn’t use an attacking move. Since Sleep Talk seemed stupid, I made Soul do nothing that action.
•…And Abra cannot learn Mirror Coat. See above.

Next Round:
•Hadro attacks
•Phantom attacks
•I ref.

Aw man, I meant to use Magic Coat, my brain got them mixed up >.<
Ah well, I guess now I'll throw up a Safeguard to avoid that Hypnosis.
(WHY CAN ABRA NOT LEARN HYPNOSIS I AM DISAPPOINT)
Then I'll hit the little blob with a Thunder Wave to wipe that smirk right off his face. I'll finish up with a Calm Mind. If Thunder Wave somehow fails to paralyse him on the second action, use it again on the third.
Safeguard~Thunder Wave~Calm Mind/Thunder Wave

Hmm why not create a bit of a distraction Soul? Create a sub.... at say 20%. Let it take that Thunder Wave. Next use Dark Pulse, followed by Omnious Wind.

sub 20%~Dark Pulse~Omnious Wind

3v3 Singles

The space surrounding the arena is a bottomless pit, but it has been blocked off with a force field for the purposes of the Pokémon battle.

Round Two Start!

Team Hadro
abra
[Twisted Spoon] Abra (M)

Team Phantom
gastly
Health: 90%

Barely noticing the shifting arena, Twisted Spoon raises his weak little arms to his sides and sends out a pulse of energy. The pulse gets about a meter away, then stops where it is and forms into an almost-transparent barrier around the humanoid. Meanwhile, Soul looks at the newly-formed flaming dirt. Looking around, the Gastly focuses on a spot that is not burning and uses his psychic powers to form the dirt into a copy of itself, which soon begins to float when Soul gives it life.

Spoon then raises one of his arms. It is crackling with electricity. The Abra shakes it a little, and a wave of electricity shoots forth at Soul. But the Substitute floats in front of its creator at the last second, absorbing the Thunder Wave and leaving the smiling Gastly to do what it wants.

Soul gathers dark-type energy, and shoots it all out in a wave. Spoon is hit squarely by the blast, but his sleep barely ceases. Soul grins about his effective attack. Meanwhile, Spoon’s fist begins to crackle with electricity yet again. The Abra shoots another Thunder Wave at Soul, but like before the Substitute gets in the way.

Soul grins. That substitute was certainly a good idea, even if it did take some effort. Now for an entirely new display of tactics! He screeches into the sky, and soon a breeze shows up, soon forming into a wind filled with evil thoughts and hatred-filled emotions. Spoon shudders from the Ominous Wind. The wind has another effect, too—it puts out the flames around the battlefield. Which is just as well, because in a blast of steam it promptly returns to the old green stadium with a large Poké Ball emblem in the center and floating platforms.

Round Two End!

Team Hadro
abra
[Twisted Spoon] Abra (M)
Health: 81%
Energy: 76%

Team Phantom
gastly
Health: 70%
Energy: 63%

Arena Notes
•The arena has changed back into the normal arena.

•Safeguard: 4% energy
•Substitute: 10% energy, -20% health
•Thunder Wave: 4% energy
•Dark Pulse: 10% damage, 7% energy
•Thunder Wave: 4% energy
•Ominous Wind: 9% damage, 8% energy

Notes:
•Thunder Wave failed on action 2 because of the Substitute. Therefore it also failed when Spoon used it again.

Next Round:
•Phantom attacks
•Hadro attacks
•I ref.

Last edited:
Now for something interesting.... Soul I want you to phase out possess Twisted spoon. Sine I know you can't hear me once in there, LISTEN TO ME BEFORE YOU GO INSIDE! While in there use Psychic, then Dark Pulse.

Possess~(while possessing)Psychic~(while possessing) Dark Pulse

Er new to the phasing thing, so if I messed up feel free to chew me out, that whole section can get a bit complicated.

It's an interesting tactic, but a painful one; we'll have to fix that. Wait till he possesses you then take a Rest to get rid of him before he starts wailing on you. (How does that even work when Abra spend 18 hours of the day sleeping anyway?) Anywho, once you're asleep there's not much else to do but Sleep Talk. Hopefully you can take out his Substitute, since it sponges the Thunder Waves ;-; I'm not sure if that's how it works but if the Safeguard somehow stops him from possessing you, just gogo Shadow Ball spam.

Rest/Shadow Ball~Sleep Talk/Shadow Ball~Sleep Talk/Splash Shadow Ball
/easycommands

3v3 Singles

Round Three Start!

Team Hadro
abra
[Twisted Spoon] Abra (M)
Health: 81%
Energy: 76%

Team Phantom
gastly
Energy: 63%

Spoon listens carefully to his trainer’s orders. Wait, go to sleep? But he isn’t even tired! Well, orders are orders. The Abra stops emitting brainwaves and lets himself go into a trance. On the other side of the field, Soul feels something about the air change. Well, whatever. Probably for the better.

And what are his orders? Possess? Oh, possess his opponent? Soul grins. He has always been a fan of playing little pranks like this. The Gastly focuses, and slowly turns invisible, until he cannot be seen by anyone in the crowd. Or sensed by the Abra, for that matter. He floats over to Spoon, and allows his soul to be sucked inside the little thing’s body. He feels a brief numbness, then all is nothing. He couldn’t see anything! Or hear anything! Good, then he’s made it in safely.

Spoon feels nothing, but suddenly mumbles in his sleep a little. He begins to glow with a pinkish light, and scans his surroundings for his opponent. Finding the Gastly inside his body but being too incoherent to do anything about it, he focuses and lets loose with his attack. Suddenly, he starts floating. Strange. Zzzz. Meanwhile, Soul suddenly feels heavier. What the heck?

Anyway, Soul taps into his powers once again, and sends a psychic burst of energy out from his body. Unbeknownst to Soul, Spoon shudders violently. But the Gastly inside doesn’t feel a thing. Meanwhile, Spoon happens to half-wake up again, this time emitting a telepathic wave full of self-righteousness through the area. But Soul can’t feel or hear it.

Well, just one more attack and Soul can come out. What did his trainer tell him to do? Oh yes—Dark Pulse. Soul gathers together all his feelings of hatred and misfortune, and all his memories too, and sends them all out around him. Spoon shudders violently again, and the Gastly bursts out of his opponent’s body to see the arena changing into pond. He happens to be at the shore. How convenient, because he’s currently grounded. Why can’t he float?

Round Three End!

Team Hadro
abra
[Twisted Spoon] Abra (M)
Health: 66%
Energy: 54%

Team Phantom
gastly
Energy: 42%

Arena Notes
•The arena has changed into the Water arena.

•Rest: 10% energy
•Sleep Talk/Skill Swap: 6% energy
•Psychic: 5% damage, 8% energy
•Sleep Talk/Swagger: 6% energy (failed)
•Dark Pulse: 10% damage, 7% energy

Notes:
•Rest eliminates Status effects on the first turn/action, so the “rush of energy” in the ASB rules thing—I don’t think it really applies. Therefore Rest still worked as normal but since the rush of energy (it said status effects, not healing) but Soul still possessed Spoon.

Next Round:
•Hadro attacks
•Phantom attacks
•I ref.

I know. But the thing it, it says Status effects. Rest drives out status effects the instant it it used, and since healing moves aren't mentioned in the Rules then the healing portion of the move does nothing to drive out ghosts. Since Gastly is slower than Abra, it moved after Spoon had used the attack, which means it possessed its opponent after the "rush of energy to expel unwanted status effects", which in turn means that the rush did not expel it from the Abra's body.

Hadro is DQ'd. Darn, I really wanted to ref this arena, too.

So...Phantom gets $8, I get $5, and Hadro gets nothing. Twisted Spoon and My Dark Soul each get 1 EXP.

Back
Top Bottom