• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Kammington versus Blackthorne Steele

Not particularly interested in keeping this arena open.

Okay, why don't we retcon in a button that will instantly kill every Pokemon on the field if pressed? No point in cheating our Pokemon out of experience.

And get an e-ref.

Sounds good to me.

I'll get on the e-ref.

Prior to the battle, everyone will drink some highly toxic Ultrametronomium Chloride (brand name Motherf&@!in' Metronome Milk!!!). This grants everyone a) infinite energy and b) the ability to use Metronome at the cost of forgetting every other move in existence.

This fight takes place in my house, specifically, my room and the area below it. I'll provide a nice little diagram for the ref, but it's about 5x3 meters. The battle starts on the top floor, where my room can be found. Provided that the floorboards are broken, via usage of Earthquake, Draco Meteor, Rock Tomb, what have you; everyone will fall eight feet down to the first floor, taking 8% damage as a result.

There is a large button on the second floor that, if pressed will make everything blow up (including the floor) and knock out both Pokemon. This counts as a double knockout.

Pretty much anything in this house that looks like you could set it on fire is flammable. Anything can be broken. Anything can happen.

~~~

The first floor consists entirely of a bed of spikes above a gravity well that will drag any Pokemon to the floor, regardless of whether or not they can levitate/hover. Touching the spikes is instant death.

(olololol)

Ending this in a draw as per request.
Both trainers had 1 pokemon used against them, so $4 goes to each person. Cashcow and Ascalon each get 1 exp. I get $2.

Both players' agreement is required to end this in a draw, and you don't get any money unless you do some actual reffing on the battle. Kam was asking for a DQ warning anyway, unless I misinterpreted his ER post.

2v2 Single
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 99%
Banned: Every move in existence, Chill
Arena: Kam's House

Prior to the battle, everyone will drink some highly toxic Ultrametronomium Chloride (brand name Motherf&@!in' Metronome Milk!!!). This grants everyone a) infinite energy and b) the ability to use Metronome at the cost of forgetting every other move in existence.

This fight takes place in my house, specifically, my room and the area below it. I'll provide a nice little diagram for the ref, but it's about 5x3 meters. The battle starts on the top floor, where my room can be found. Provided that the floorboards are broken, via usage of Earthquake, Draco Meteor, Rock Tomb, what have you; everyone will fall eight feet down to the first floor, taking 8% damage as a result.

Pretty much anything in this house that looks like you could set it on fire is flammable. Anything can be broken. Anything can happen.
Team Karkat Vantas
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Miltank
Cashcow (Female)
Ability: Scrappy
Health: 70%
Commands: Metronome ~ Metronome ~ Metronome

Team Steele
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Beldum
Ascalon (Genderless)
Ability: Clear Body
Health: 51%
Status: Paralyzed (severe; 5% extra energy on attacks requiring movement, 75% chance of full paralysis); Normal-type.

Round 4 Begin!

A long time seems to go by, during which no actions occur. The trainers and Pokémon wait patiently for something to happen, a wait that seems to take months; Sage Noctowl, meanwhile, has vanished completely. Just as the trainers' patience reaches breaking point, a bright green light fills the arena and a tallish, mixed-race, blonde girl materializes, holding tightly onto a Reuniclus. Recalling the Reuniclus, she signals for the battle to resume at long last.

Finally, thinks Cashcow, and begins a Metronome. She waggles her finger back and forth, and then she seems to freeze in place. The temperature of the arena rises sharply, and then a wave of bright, sparkling orange flame explodes out of her, temporarily blinding everyone present. When their vision returns, the room is in chaos; the bed, desk, and bookshelf have caught alight and are now happily blazing, everything else charred. The fire slowly grows, sll present staring at warily, and suddenly the entire charcoal-like carpet catches alight. A few seconds of inferno-like burning later and the fire runs out of fuel, everything burned to cinders; there are ominous creaking noises coming from beneath the battlers. The referee, anticipating the next events, sends out the League Staraptor from her pack, and gets on its back -

Then the floor gives way.

Both Karkat Vantases and Cashcow plummet down through the hole, hitting the ground with a thump; Ascalon makes a somewhat more graceful descent, hovering slowly downwards; and Squornshellous Beta, astride the Staraptor, flies gracefully down, recalling the Staraptor in midair and making a graceful landing, though the effect is somewhat ruined when she then loses her balance and topples forwards. As the trainers observe their surroundings, they note that they seem to be in some kind of dining-room-living-room-toilet combination. Its main feature is a pair of couches that split the room in half; there's also another one near the wall on the left side. There's a table on the right side with various dishes and forks on it; there's some broccoli on the table. The sink is running, the toilet stands idle. The floor is covered with carpeting. There is also a bit of dog food on the floor for some reason, though there seems no logical reason for this to be.

As Ascalon struggles to make a move, Cashcow begins her next one; waggling her fingers back and forth once more, she transitions into another attack, stomping her foot down onto the ground repeatedly. Ripples seem to spread outwards with each stamp, knocking the trainers over but passing harmlessly underneath Ascalon, who is still, unsurprisingly, hovering in the air. As the ripples pass under the furniture, though, they cause significant damage: the couches are thrown over, the table splits in half and the dishes are thrown everywhere, the porcelain of the sink and toilet have shattered and water is pouring onto the ground. The dog food remains unaffected. Amidst all the devestation, Ascalon continues to twitch in place, but nothing doing; its paralysis prevents it from actually attacking. It glares at Cashcow, but is powerless to move.

Grinning, she wiggles her finger once more; she then raises her arms high and darts towards Ascalon. Upon reaching it, she brings down her arms sharply in a slashing motion, green light trailing behind them; in its Normal-type state, Ascalon feels the full brunt of the normally-not-very-effective attack, and flinches. The attack seems to jolt it out of its paralyzed state, though, at least momentarily; it begins a move, its head-thing spinning round rapidly in the magnetic field that supports it, and soon enough it is prepared. Its eye glows a pale, bright blue color, and Cashcow suddenly feels remarkably cold; the temperature around her is plummeting sharply. After a few seconds, the chill begins to fade away, but those few seconds are enough: her normally pink skin now has a distinct blue tinge, and her arms feel as though they are burning. She grimaces, trying to avoid moving her arms, as the round draws to a close.

Round 4 End!

Team Karkat Vantas
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Miltank
Cashcow (Female)
Health: 52%
Status: That was a nasty bump! Poisoned (moderate; 3% per round), burned (moderate; 3% per round).
Attacks Used: Metronome (Searing Shot) ~ Metronome (Earthquake) ~ Metronome (X-Scissor)

Team Steele
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Beldum
Ascalon (Genderless)
Health: 20%
Status: HM. WHAT AN ODD OCURRENCE. Paralyzed (severe; 5% extra energy on attacks requiring movement, 75% chance of full paralysis); Normal-type.
Attacks Used: [paralyzed] ~ [paralyzed] ~ Metronome (Ice Burn)

Damage / Energy Calculations
Metronome (Searing Shot) - 11% damage (accuracy roll 4, needed 100 to miss)
Metronome (Earthquake) - 11% damage (accuracy roll 75, needed 100 to miss)
Metronome (X-Scissor) - 9% damage (accuracy roll 57, needed 100 to miss)
Metronome (Ice Burn) - 13% damage (accuracy roll 39, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- SEARING SHOT :D
- The fire caused 4% fire-type damage to both combatants. The fall caused 8% typeless damage to Cashcow.
- ICE BURN :D
- ICE BURN :D was a critcal hit
- ICE BURN :D also caused a burn.
- Hey Karkitty, is there a basement floor too? If so, we may be making a hasty entrance soon.

Arena Notes
- We are now on the first floor.
- The Earthquake has wreaked devestation. The couches have been thrown over, the table split in half, the dishes thrown everywhere, the porcelain of the sink and toilet shattered and water, therefore, pouring onto the ground. The dog food remains unaffected.

Next Round
- Steele Attacks
- Karkat Vantas Attacks
- I ref

2v2 Single

Team Karkat Vantas
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Miltank
Cashcow (Female)
Health: 52%
Status: That was a nasty bump! Poisoned (moderate; 3% per round), burned (moderate; 3% per round; physical attacks halved).

Team Steele
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Beldum
Ascalon (Genderless)
Health: 20%
Status: HM. WHAT AN ODD OCURRENCE. Paralyzed (severe; 5% extra energy on attacks requiring movement, 75% chance of full paralysis); Normal-type.

Round 5 Begin!

As the round begins, Cashcow raises her arms into the air and immediately begins waving them, wincing as they sting but soon settling into a rhythm. As she waves, her eyes slowly take on a pink glow; Ascalon's eye, too, slowly fades to pink. Suddenly, a bright pink beam of energy connects the two, and they feel something very odd deep in their respective brains; it's as though someone is removing a large portion and replacing it with the brain of someone else. Both of them shudder at the sensation as the glow fades away. Ascalon struggles to move, but suddenly electricity sparkles around it once more; it still can't exert enough control over the electromagnetic fields to go forward.

Waving her arms once more, Cashcow prepares for her next move; a bright white orb of energy forms suddenly in front of her face, and she leaps up. She charges towards Ascalon as the energy resolves into a beak-shape, and she pecks Ascalon sharply with it before running back, the beak fading away. Ascalon grimaces in an expressionless sort of way, then floats forward, revelling in the feeling of being able to move; it begins spinning his head round in its confinement, and then suddenly begins struggling and throwing itself randomly into the air. Oddly, each time it does this, a burst of green energy is emitted; each one strikes Cashcow in a small, weak blow. She stares in confusion at the flailing Beldum, but decides not to worry about it.

Once Ascalon stops wriggling, Cashcow raises her arms and grimaces again; she begins shaking them warily back and forth, and then suddenly charges towards Ascalon's (immobile once more) figure. She deals a stinging punch to its side, which is made all the worse by its lack of psychic powers. As Ascalon struggles in vain to move once more, electricity sparkles over its form again, once more disrupting its control over the electromagnetic forces that hold it up.

Round 5 End!

Team Karkat Vantas
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Miltank
Cashcow (Female)
Health: 50%
Status: Argh, my arms. Poisoned (moderate; 3% per round), burned (moderate; 3% per round; attacks that use the arms at half power).
Attacks Used: Metronome (Skill Swap) ~ Metronome (Pluck) ~ Metronome (Drain Punch)

Team Steele
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Beldum
Ascalon (Genderless)
Health: 11%
Status: I DISLIKE HAVING MY LEVITATION INTERRUPTED. Paralyzed (severe; 5% extra energy on attacks requiring movement, 75% chance of full paralysis); Normal-type.
Attacks Used: [paralyzed] ~ Metronome (Struggle Bug) ~ [paralyzed]

Metronome (Skill Swap)
Metronome (Pluck) - 3% damage
Metronome (Struggle Bug) - 2% damage
Metronome (Drain Punch) - 6% damage

Notes
- Skill Swap for free, hmm.
- Weak moves this round.
- Boring round both in the lack of destruction and the fact that only four moves were made.

Arena Notes
- We are on the first floor.
- The Earthquake has wreaked devestation. The couches have been thrown over, the table split in half, the dishes thrown everywhere, the porcelain of the sink and toilet shattered and water, therefore, pouring onto the ground. The dog food remains unaffected.

Next Round
- Steele Attacks
- Karkat Vantas Attacks
- I ref

2v2 Single

Team Karkat Vantas
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Miltank
Cashcow (Female)
Health: 50%
Status: Argh, my arms. Poisoned (moderate; 3% per round), burned (moderate; 3% per round; attacks that use the arms at half power).

Team Steele
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Beldum
Ascalon (Genderless)
Health: 11%
Status: I DISLIKE HAVING MY LEVITATION INTERRUPTED. Paralyzed (severe; 5% extra energy on attacks requiring movement, 75% chance of full paralysis); Normal-type.
Attacks Used: Metronome ~ Metronome ~ Metronome

Round 6 Begin!

Once more, Cashcow begins waving her arms around, knowing that the battle will soon be coming to an end. Suddenly, she leaps up and runs forward, holding her arms in a cross shape. She strikes Ascalon with a massive force, though she squeals in pain when her injured arms are hurt; Ascalon, on the other hand, goes flying back and crashes into a wall. It floats slowly forward, clearly close to fainting; it even seems to be having trouble staying in the air. Still, though, its dedication is admirable - it once again begins twirling its head in its holder, and suddenly a loud buzzing sound becomes audible from outside.

With a loud smash, the windows on one side of the house all shatter in unison, and thousands of tiny bugs come swarming in. As the trainers, referee and Cashcow swat frantically at them, they group themselves around Ascalon, a buzzing, living shield. Cashcow looks on nervously but continues with her attack, waving her arms wildly; as she finishes, a bright white glow envelops her. For a few, tense seconds, nothing happens. The referee sends out the Reuniclus, and it forms a green shield around the both of them.

With a massive sound, all of the remaining - and considerable - energy in Cashcow's body erupts outwards as a tremendous wave of fire. The force of the explosion is great enough that no-one is really sure what has happened for about thirty seconds, when the white spots have finally faded away from their vision.

The room is, unsurprisingly, in chaos. The walls seem to be perfectly intact, but everything else is practically destroyed. The toilet and sink have been incinerated - the plumbing is now spewing water all over. The couches, tables and everything on them have been reduced to ashes. The dog food is nowhere to be seen. The wallpaper and carpet seem to have been burned away. Karkat Vantas and Steele are nearly unconscious, though the referee is unharmed due to her protective bubble. The bubble disappears as she recalls the Reuniclus, and there is now a very neat circle of carpet remaining. And in the centre of the chaos lie the prone form of Cashcow - nearly dead - and Ascalon, who is surrounded by thousands of tiny corpses.

Karkat and Steele stagger to their feet and pull Pokéballs off their respective belts, recalling their Pokémon. They replace them, and select another each to send out.

Round 6 End!

Team Karkat Vantas
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Miltank
Cashcow (Female)
Health: 0%
Attacks Used: Metronome (Cross Chop) ~ Metronome (Explosion)

Team Steele
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Beldum
Ascalon (Genderless)
Health: 0%
Attacks Used: Metronome (Defend Order)

Metronome (Cross Chop) - 8% damage
Metronome (Defend Order)
Metronome (Explosion) - 30% damage

Notes
- Finally something fun!

Arena Notes
- Basically everything in the room has been incinerated, barring a little circle of carpet underneath the referee. There are thousands of tiny insect corpses littering the floor around the space where Ascalon once was.

Next Round
- Karkat Vantas sends out
- Steele sends out and Attacks
- Karkat Vantas Attacks
- I ref

2v2 Single

Team Karkat Vantas
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Wingull
Roadkilla (Male)
Ability: Keen Eye
Health: 100%

Team Steele
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Larvitar
Slayer (Male)
Ability: Guts
Item: Leichi Berry

Round 7 Begin!

The two trainers send out their Pokémon: Karkat Vantas sends out a Wingull, while Steele sends out a Larvitar, with a berry pouch strung around its neck. This done, the two trainers collapse, unconscious. The referee then pulls out the two bottles of mysterious chemicals that she had been issued before the battle, and feeds one of them to each Pokémon. A strange feeling overtakes both Pokémon, and very soon they know only Metronome.

Roadkilla is the first to move. He twitches his tail feathers back and forth in midair, and within a few seconds, he falls into a rhythm... then, suddenly, he feels very, very nauseous. He opens his beak and vomits a spray of stomach acid all over his opponent, which, by the magic of the Metronome attack, is soaked with energy. The energy soaks into Slayer's skin and he feels some of his natural toughness fading. He growls something to the effect of I'm not going to stand for that, then he raises his stubby arms into the air; shaking them wildly, he suddenly feels an urge to begin chanting. His chants, as it happens, are enough to trigger a ghostly curse; spirits rise out of the ground, then sink into Roadkilla's body, and are then quickly expunged in a burst of energy.

Roadkilla shivers. Being inhabited by ghosts, however briefly, is unpleasant, and he is just thankful that they left before too long. He begins twitching his tail again, with some reluctance due to his nausea before, but quickly gets into the beat; when he reaches a certain tempo, the ground underneath Slayer seems to explode. Many thin tentacles of white light rise up out of it, wrapping around Slayer, who begins struggling frantically. His struggles resonate briefly with the Metronome attack, though he doesn't know it, and so he starts another move; his skin glows white very briefly, and then the glow seems to pour off him, rippling along the ground, and rising as a mirror-image mass of tentacles beneath Roadkilla. It briefly ensnares and squeezes him before fading away.

Well, that wasn't very nice, thinks Roadkilla. It's not polite to turn someone's attack against them like that. He begins shaking his tail once again, and a golden egg, seemingly made of energy, materializes in front of him; despite his natural instincts to warm and hatch it, he is overtaken with a sudden urge to eat it. He pecks a hole in it and begins sucking the inside out, and though it tastes delicious, it seems to have little to no effect. Slayer, meanwhile, is still struggling frantically, and once again he unwittingly triggers the Metronome attack; a blinding white glow appears in the air above Roadkilla, quickly resolving itself into a spider's web.The web falls, and entangles Roadkilla; he struggles frantically to escape, but the web is decidedly too tight.

Round 7 End!

Team Karkat Vantas
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Wingull
Roadkilla (Male)
Attacks Used: Metronome (Gastro Acid) ~ Metronome (Bind) ~ Metronome (Softboiled)

Team Steele
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Larvitar
Slayer (Male)
Health: 98%
Status: What on earth. Gastro Acid in effect, Bound (two more rounds).
Attacks Used: Metronome (Spite) ~ Metronome (Metal Burst) ~ Metronome (Spider Web)

Metronome (Gastro Acid) - (accuracy roll 48, needed 85 or above to miss)
Metronome (Spite) - (accuracy roll 6, needed 100 to miss)
Metronome (Bind) - 1% damage, 1% per action (accuracy roll 4, needed 100 to miss)
Metronome (Metal Burst) - 2% damage (accuracy roll 16, needed 100 to miss)
Metronome (Softboiled) - restored 2% health (Roadkilla)
Metronome (Spider Web) - (accuracy roll 91, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- Spite is rather useless here.

Arena Notes
- Basically everything in the room has been incinerated, barring a little circle of carpet underneath the referee. There are thousands of tiny insect corpses littering the floor around the space where Ascalon once was.

Next Round
- Steele Attacks
- Karkat Vantas Attacks
- I ref

2v2 Single

Team Karkat Vantas
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Wingull
Roadkilla (Male)

Team Steele
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Larvitar
Slayer (Male)
Health: 98%
Status: What on earth. Gastro Acid in effect, Bound (two more rounds).

Round 8 Begin!

Both of the Pokémon are struggling against the things trapping them. Roadkilla has a spider's web, and Slayer a mass of tentacles. Occasionally, though, their strugglings, through the 'magic' of the mysterious chemical, will match up with the Metronome attack. Roadkilla does this first, and his eyes breifly glow pink; he casts his mind outwards, but finds no allies and so gives up. Slayer is next, and his produces even less of an effect than Roadkilla's: his arms briefly glow white, then fade away.

Roadkilla is next, and his produces a move he knows normally: his wings glow bright white, and his flailings carve the web up a little, but to no avail. Slayer is, once again, next, and his arms glow white again - yet again, this has no effect.

Finally, though, Roadkilla produces something useful. A swirling vortex of air forms around him, and it tears the webbing to shreds; it then hurls itself towards Slayer, who is powerless to dodge. He can only watch as the blades of air slice at him, though conveniently they also decimate the tentacled mass beneath him; suddenly, the air rushes away from him, then comes pouring back and hits him in a thwump. He shakes his head to clear it, then leaps up and charges towards Roadkilla, waggling his arms in an amusing fashion; he reaches his opponent, and brings his arms down hard on him, smashing him into the floor.

That's for trapping me in all those tentacles, he sneers as he walks back to his own end of the room.

Round 8 End!

Team Karkat Vantas
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Wingull
Roadkilla (Male)
Health: 94%
Attacks Used: Metronome (Ally Switch) ~ Metronome (Steel Wing) ~ Metronome (Aeroblast)

Team Steele
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Larvitar
Slayer (Male)
Health: 86%
Status: Don't try that again if you want to live. Gastro Acid in effect.
Attacks Used: Metronome (Double Hit) ~ Metronome (Crabhammer) ~ Metronome (Hammer Arm)

Metronome (Ally Switch) - failed
Metronome (Double Hit) - failed
Metronome (Steel Wing) - failed
Metronome (Crabhammer) - failed
Metronome (Aeroblast) - 12% damage (accuracy roll 59, needed 95 or above to miss)
Metronome (Hammer Arm) - 6% damage (accuracy roll 84, needed 90 or above to miss)

Notes
- Figures that, while they're immobile, they'd call tons of physical moves.
- Still, the slicing nature of Aeroblast was sufficient to destroy both of their entrapments.

Arena Notes

Next Round
- Karkat Vantas Attacks
- Steele Attacks
- I ref

Back
Top Bottom