• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

[The Little One in the Flask] Solosis (M) Magic Guard

Signature Move: Despair for the Conceited

Knowledge is power, and the only power The Little One in the Flask is capable of obtaining. Certainly, his powers and ability to manipulate the physical world are vast, but he has still been stripped of freedom and liberty, shackled to his trainer's will by a poké ball and an institution dedicated to forcing his kind into combat. So he has come to treasure all the power his trainer doesn't keep from his reach, and has learned everything he can using every resource not locked away.

As it turns out, the rarely-used Asber library contains tomes of even the most obscure legends, those pokémon who would never be chained or see combat. The Little One in the Flask was fascinated by such a prospect, and learned everything he could about them. And, when delving into their lore, he learned of even their most treasured secrets, written in the blood of the most dedicated and foolish scientists the humans had to offer. Every single move known to man had been documented, but The Little One in the Flask was only interested in the highest knowledge offered. And, while he doesn't have the physical power to perform such rituals himself, he can teach others the knowledge he has gained.

To perform this move, The Little One in the Flask makes a tempting offer even the most suspicious opponent would find difficult to refuse: power beyond all imagining, the one thing all pokémon strive for. When they agree, as most eventually do, they drop their defences and allow The Little One in the Flask to reach in and give them the knowledge he has worked so hard to obtain. But if they refuse? Well, The Little One in the Flask is aware that all pokémon do truly wish for more power, and will persist in the offer; despite initial misgivings, the target may agree to The Little One in the Flask's dramatic speech.

Though nothing physically occurs until the target screams, the target is subject to an illusion where everything is replaced with a featureless white plain and The Little One in the Flask is replaced with a shape similar to the target's own, but with no colours or features but a sadistic grin. A gate floating in the air opens, and black arms grab the target, drawing it inside. The target then sees streams of knowledge reaching out toward it and pouring into its head, causing an intense headache. But The Little One in the Flask hasn't lied, this time. The target returns in less than an action, with the knowledge The Little One in the Flask promised... but at a terrible price.

Psychic ~ Special ~ Base Power: 5% ~ Accuracy: Never-miss if the target accepts, 60% if the target refuses ~ Target: Single ~ Energy: 5% if the target accepts, 7% if the target refuses ~ Duration: Forever

Effects: The Little One in the Flask opens up the gates of truth to the target, revealing to it a power known only to the gods. Information is poured into the target's head, causing mental strain worth a nigh unchangeable 5% health; even dark-types cannot withstand this stream of information. There is too much information to take in at once, so for the most part, the target is left only with mental pain; however, even the slowest pokémon will manage to pick up a scrap of this information. The target learns one of the legendary signature moves at random, that is, one of the following:

aeroblast, bolt strike, crush grip, dark void, doom desire, freeze shock, fusion bolt, fusion flare, glaciate, heart swap, ice burn, judgment, lunar dance, luster purge, magma storm, mist ball, psycho boost, psystrike, relic song, roar of time, sacred fire, sacred sword, searing shot, secret sword, seed flare, shadow force, spacial rend, techno blast, v-create

But truth only brings despair to the conceited, and the pain, as it turns out, is merely a side-effect of the move, not the price. And the gatekeepers of the truth violently enforce the principle of equivalent exchange. The cost for such an awesome power like that of the gods is everything that makes the individual pokémon unique. With every use of Despair for the Conceited, in exchange for a new legendary signature move, the target loses one of the following attributes in the following order:

1. Signature attributes
2. Signature moves
3. Other body modifications
4. Other move modifications
5. Abilities
6. Typing (secondary types are removed first; typeless pokémon take neutral damage from everything and don't have STAB)

Once the pokémon has run out of things to exchange, it can no longer obtain knowledge, as it cannot pay the price. It then becomes immune to this move for the rest of the battle.

Naturally, the will of the pokémon is chained to that of its trainer. After this move is commanded, the trainer can post to accept or reject the offer of greatness; if no answer is received within the normal DQ period, the pokémon will by default accept the truth.

Usage Gap: 3 rounds from last usage
As discussed, this is good but will need to wait for evolution.

[Seto Kaiba] Meowth (M) <Pickup>
Signature Move: Screw The Rules, I Have Money!

Seto is a very affluent Meowth. He has built up his picking-up-shiny-stuff business from the ground up, and as a result is very, very rich. Quite phenomenally wealthy, as he does own the most startling quantities of cash. As a result, he has become egotistical and complacent, determined to get whatever he wants. He has come to think of rules and regulations as merely things for lesser, poorer beings who can't afford to buy the favour of the relevant authority. Therefore if he can find any random pocket change, he's not averse to lining the ref's pockets to see that things work out the way he wants; a measly $10 is nothing to him anyway.

Type: Normal / Target: Self / Energy: 2%

Effects: Seto goes over to the referee and discreetly hands them a few coins from his Pickup earnings during the match. The referee will then see to it that the battle goes in Seto's favour in whichever way he specified. The money spent using this move is added to the referee's earnings at the end of the match and deducted from Seto's Pickup earnings; therefore he must have already found enough money to pay for whatever effect he chooses. Seto can never pick up more than $10 during any one battle, including any money spent on bribes. Unless specified otherwise in the list of effects below, Screw The Rules, I Have Money! must be linked to an attack to gain a chosen effect, i.e. Slash + Screw The Rules, I Have Money! ~ Pay Day.

The possible effects are as follows (and must be specified when Screw The Rules, I Have Money! is used):

- +20% accuracy ($2)
- double the chance of inflicting a critical hit ($4)
- 1.5x the chance of secondary effects triggering ($3)
- type of Hidden Power changed to any type of Seto's choosing ($1)
- negate Seto's status conditions (does not require linking) ($1 for mild conditions, $2 for moderate conditions, $3 for severe conditions; prices stack for each condition)

Usage gap: 3 rounds

(also, something I've been meaning to ask for ages: if we have sig modifications from before the Gen V update, and things have been added that they ought to take into account (like my Koffing's sig move probably shouldn't affect Trubbish and Garbodor), do we get to update the mods or do we need to wait until the Pokémon evolve?)
Unfortunately, this move no longer makes any sense because pickup doesn't have anything to do with money at this point. Perhaps have the move deduct from *your* earnings instead, with the cap based on the number of pokémon your opponent(s) have lost so far during the battle? Other than that it's fine.

If you have changes you want made just as a correction or something like what you posted, where you're updating for Gen V, just post them here. You don't need to wait for evolution.

[Random Number God] Shuppet (M)
Ability: Frisk
Signature Attribute: Chance Manipulation

Random Number God and some friends of his used to hang out below the eaves of a spiteful man's house, eating off his negative emotions. The man, who tolerated their presence (or simply never noticed it), was an old trainer-turned-battle scientist who retired after his studies were long ignored by the ASB's niche. Accompaining the man's life, the Shuppet pack had plentiful access to his research.

The man's latest studies were extensive, tiresome experiments that attempted to unveil what trainers had so far called "dumb luck", to understand what set the odds for attacks' secondary effects to kick in, as well as the effects of certain conditions, such as confusion or paralysis. Eventually, because of how far he was ignored, he had to cancel his operations on that area; after all, somebody had to keep the resources coming.

The man never managed to finish his research, but the horde of Shuppet was intrigued by it. The day a need for battling arose, they put whatever they learned to practice, perfecting the secrets to altering the "odds". Random Number God was particularly intrigued by these, and obssessively practiced the techniques until he could alter every move he knew. Still, it's very hard to remember and apply every one of these techniques, and it tends to take a toll on the user.

Effects: All moves used by Random Number God will have x1.5 times the chance of activating any secondary effects. Any time Random Number God uses a move that he has not used prior in the battle and that is affected by Chance Manipulation, he will move last within the priority bracket, in order to remember clearly the "odd"-boosting procedure. Because performing this attribute is tiresome and difficult, Random Number God will usually not be in his best mindset, having a starting 2- Special Attack and Special Defense. He still can only reach 6- and 6+ with stat boosts, and these reductions will be default, meaning that, if Random Number God's stats are neutralized, said reductions will be in place.

-----

[Sweet Bro] Throh (M)
Ability: Inner Focus
Signature Attribute: IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Sweet Bro's clumsy step is remarkable. As such, treading through obstacled pathes proves exceptionally hard, if not impossible, for him. Even a simple set of stairs can turn out disastrous for him. Yet, he's very thick-headed, and will not learn from previous experiences. He goes as far as completely ignore his pal Hella Jeff's warnings.

Effects: If Sweet Bro fights in an arena that has stairs and tries to climb them, he will immediately tumble down. If he's trying to go up, this only means he fails to climb; if he's coming down, however, he'll stumble all the way down, losing an action and taking 4% of damage. If he's carrying anything -- be it a held item or not -- it'll be dropped at that point. If any Pokemon is near the staircases by the time this happens, there's a 50% chance they'll be struck by the dropped object, receiving damage as though struck by Fling.

-----

[Hella Jeff] Sawk (M)
Ability: Sturdy
Signature Attribute: I TOLD YOU BRO

Hella Jeff is very much aware of his pal Sweet Bro's shortcoming when it comes to logistics. It doesn't amount to much, however, as the latter is constantly ignoring the former's reminders. However, being equally stubborn, said former is always willing to keep trying, and will reprimand said latter everytime he allows the blundering to go on.

Effects: If Sweet Bro tries to walk down stairs, thus activating IT KEEPS HAPPENING, I TOLD YOU BRO will automatically activate in response. When I TOLD YOU BRO activates, Hella Jeff will immediately drop whatever he's doing to scold Sweet Bro for an action. Hella Jeff also becomes very irritated at that time, and thus, all effects on him that require him to be relaxed are dispelled, and he gains 2+ Attack. His Attack boosts cannot go beyond 6+.
Both approved.

Sig time for my Mincinno!

[Milla] Mincinno (Female)
<Technician>
Signature Attribute:
Mightier Than The Sword

Milla is a writer, and a skilled one at that. She is able to take an idea, a concept, an image, and make it her own. She's a worsdsmith, plain and simple, and she is not bound by such things as paper or a typewriter to create her masterpeices. The result of years of hard work and dedication, Milla is still always learning...

She was entranced by books as a young one, dmiring the ability to create a world of boundless beauty, powerful emotions, spinning epic yarns...and all with just words. She learned from a stern old Smeargle as a young Mincinno, taught to always try her best, and she learned a few of her techniques in the process...

And so she practiced her new Sketch ability with a group of friends - Meowth, Tyrannitar, Sawsbuck, Riolu, Ninetales, Gardevoir, Wartortle, and Whimsicott - and they helped her learn the limits of the Sketch technique she had learned. So with her trusty black ballpouint pen always behind her large ear, she felt she was ready to take on Asber.

Effects: Milla gains the move Sketch. However, it can only be used 3 times per battle, and the attacks dissappear from her movepool when the battle ends or she is recalled.

itt my backstories for these are too detailed.
Needs a small drawback.

[Brittany] scraggy (f) Shed Skin
Signature Move: The Coats Pants Are Off

Everyone knows that wearing a longcoat is one of the surest ways to show that you’re a Badass, because nothing says “don’t fuck with me” more than having a long dark coat billowing out behind you as you walk. Well, if that's awesome, surely pants must be moreso. Because everyone wears pants.

Well, sometimes things get too serious for pants. Sometimes you need a way to show just how serious things are - and in those moments, taking off your pants is the only thing that works.

Normal / Stat: Self / Target: self / 7% / 3-5 actions (randomized)
Losing the defense of her pants means effectively lowering her def and sp. def by -1; however, she gains +1 to her speed, atk. and sp. atk due to the sudden badass levels increasing.
Every 6 rounds from end of all effects
How does Brittany remove her pants more than once?

A note to anyone who might be reading this:

There has been discussion (elsewhere) of reducing the length of a standard round to two actions; you may want to reconsider your signature move in light of that.
This isn't in the offing. Don't worry about it.

Re: Pokémon Registration Office

Unfortunately, this move no longer makes any sense because pickup doesn't have anything to do with money at this point. Perhaps have the move deduct from *your* earnings instead, with the cap based on the number of pokémon your opponent(s) have lost so far during the battle? Other than that it's fine.

It wouldn't really make sense that way, though, since it's not possible to predict exactly what my prize money will be. If I spend $8 on this move in a 1v1 and lose then that only leaves me with $3, and capping it at that to stop such a thing happening would be silly because then I wouldn't even be able to buy a critical hit boost. Could I just leave the cap at $10, and if I end up spending more than my prize money, just claim negative prize money at the end and deduct the rest from my account?

(Not really sure I want this move that much any more anyway, since it was supposed to just be a way to get rid of spare Pickup money, but screw it, I'm pretty rich :P)

If you have changes you want made just as a correction or something like what you posted, where you're updating for Gen V, just post them here. You don't need to wait for evolution.
Alright then.
...actually I made a few omissions in some of these that could have been fixed before the update, so I guess I'll mess with those too :v

[Jenkem] Koffing (M)
Ability: Levitate
Sig Move: Psychedelic Smog

As everyone knows, Koffing are just sentient balloons of a varied cocktail of foul-smelling toxic and/or explosive gasses, and their weapon of choice is blasting these gasses at their foes. The particular variety of chemicals floating around in Jenkem's body are somewhat different from the usual, however; one day while experimenting with his arsenal of vapours, Jenkem stumbled upon a particular mixture that had rather interesting results. First of all, it smelt really bad, like months-old rotting sewage. Jenkem couldn't notice this himself, of course, but the opponent he was testing it on was clearly affected, paralysed by retching, gagging and coughing and rendered barely able to fight. Then, after a few lungfuls, the real effects of the cloud surfaced; it seemed to have profound mental effects on his target, causing it to hallucinate, act erratically, and attack entities that didn't exist. From then on Jenkem used this technique to get him out of many tight spots, carefully mixing the chemicals inside him to just the right concentrations and then suddenly blasting them out of every vent on his body into an arena-consuming yellowy fog. Unfortunately a few drawbacks surfaced as well. Not all Pokémon minded the overpowering stench, and some weren't affected at all. Secondly the large amounts of gas ejected from his body make Jenkem shrink, making him much more susceptible to harm until he is able to regenerate the gas lost in the attack.

Type: Poison / Energy: 7% / Accuracy: 100% / Target: All / Duration: 5 actions

Effects: Jenkem spends one action preparing the right mixture of chemicals for his attack. Then, on the next action he will forcefully blast all the gas from his body into an immense, thick, brownish-yellow cloud that covers the entire battlefield. Any Pokémon that smells this gas will be immediately disarmed by its overpowering stench and have serious trouble concentrating, causing attacks to deal half as much damage and making attacks like Calm Mind, Focus Punch, Chill etc. impossible. (Stunky, Skuntank, Grimer, Muk, Trubbish, Garbodor, and Gloom are unaffected by the smell, as well as any other Pokémon that can have the ability Stench.) On the action after that, the Pokémon will begin to hallucinate, giving them moderate confusion and instating a Double-Team like state, where any Pokémon which declares an attack other than Jenkem has a 15% chance of targeting a hallucination instead. Successfully hitting the intended target will not remove this state as with ordinary Double Team, and it will only be alleviated once the gas cloud is removed. The gas cannot permeate water, so any Pokémon that is underwater and stays there for the duration of this move's effect will be unaffected. After four actions, the gas cloud will dissipate and all affected Pokémon will return to normal. Pokémon sent out while the cloud is still in place, if vulnerable to it, will have the effects activated on them at this time, ending whenever the cloud disappears. The amount of gas expelled causes Jenkem's body to shrink, which grants him +1 evasion but increases the damage of any successful attack upon him by 4% on the first action of Psychedelic Smog's effect, 3% on the second action and so forth as he gradually reinflates. When he regains his usual size the evasion boost wers off. Finally, all Koffing and Weezing are immune to these fumes, as are Pokémon with no obvious respiratory systems (most Steel-types, Porygon line etc).

Usage Gap: once per battle.

[Shi-Long Lang] Poochyena (M)
Ability: Quick Feet
Signature Move: Lang Zi Says

Shi-Long Lang (hereafter referred to as Shifu for short because I am lazy) is a descendant of a great Mightyena philosopher, Lang Zi. Lang Zi’s teachings comprise of intuitive battle styles and strategies that have been passed through the Lang family for millennia. Shifu is no exception to this, though in the heat of battle he can only remember and apply one teaching.

Type: Dark / Accuracy: 100% / Target: Self / Energy: 5%
Effects: Shifu recalls a random piece of ancient wisdom handed down by his ancestors and applies its teachings to the current situation. Each has an equal probability of being remembered. Possible teachings are as follows:
- “Lang Zi says: a cub who disrespects others will soon feel the disciplinary bite of an elder”. From this point onwards until the end of the battle, every time Shifu is attacked with a contact move, he will strike out quickly and counterattack his assailant, dealing 1% typeless damage, unless incapacitated (asleep, fully paralysed etc). This counterattack does not cost an action.
- “Lang Zi says: the timid never reach the land of truth”. Shifu’s confidence builds tenfold so he will never falter in battle, replacing his current abilities with Inner Focus and Moxie.
- “Lang Zi says: before aiming for the throat, chew the neck shield off first”. Shifu locates a weak point on the target and bites it savagely, dealing 3% typeless damage, lowering the target’s Defense by one level and raising Shifu’s critical hit ratio by 1.
- “Lang Zi says: on truth’s path, the word ‘probability’ does not exist”. The after-effects of Shifu’s moves have their probability raised by 5%; i.e. Astonish has a 35% chance to cause flinching, Fire Fang has a 15% chance to burn and a 15% chance to cause flinching etc.) This does not include accuracy or critical hit rates.
- “Lang Zi says: persistence soon turns into fixation”. Shifu is affected as though he were hit by Encore, repeating the last move he used before Lang Zi Says. If Lang Zi Says is the first move he used since being sent out, it will fail and be considered used up.
- “Lang Zi says: expect everything from a criminal”. Shifu readies himself for his opponent’s attacks, making him impossible to score a critical hit against.
- ”Lang Zi says: only cooperate with those you can trust”. Shifu becomes highly suspicious of his opponent, making moves based on trickery (those being Covet, Captivate, Attract, Sucker Punch, Feint, Trick, Switcheroo, Embargo, Snatch, Foul Play and Heart Stamp) useless against him.
- ”Lang Zi says: until the root of the tongue dries, one never knows the whole truth”. Shifu can only use Howl, Roar, Taunt, Yawn, Uproar, Sleep Talk, Torment, Swagger, Embargo, Round, Snarl, or any other sound- or speech-based command for three actions.
- ”Lang Zi says: all men are brothers. And friends become family”. If recited in a double battle, has the same effect as Helping Hand on both Shifu and his ally for the next damaging move they use. If recited in a single battle, the move fails and is considered used up.
- ”Lang Zi says: one should always know one’s place in life”. Shifu receives 1.5x STAB from same-type moves, but deals only 0.75x as much damage with non-STAB moves.
All effects last until Shifu leaves battle, unless otherwise stated.
Usage gap: once per battle.

Everyone knows that wearing a longcoat is one of the surest ways to show that you’re a Badass, because nothing says “don’t fuck with me” more than having a long dark coat billowing out behind you as you walk. Well, if that's awesome, surely pants must be moreso. Because everyone wears pants.

Well, sometimes things get too serious for pants. Sometimes you need a way to show just how serious things are - and in those moments, taking off your pants is the only thing that works.

At the end of the attack, Brittany collects her pants.

Losing the defense of her pants means effectively lowering her def and sp. def by -1; however, she gains +1 to her speed, atk. and sp. atk due to the sudden badass levels increasing.

Signature Attribute: Oops I Did It Again

Sometimes Brittany drops her pants.

Effects: Each round, there is a 12% chance Brittany will drop her pants. If this happens, for each action that her pants have fallen, there is a 12% chance any pokemon that sees her will flinch. At the end of the round she manages to pick her pants up again.

[Holly] cottonee (f) Prankster
Signature Attribute: Dude, Where's My Respect?

Holly is a pretty confident lady. In fact, she's pretty sure she's the best pokemon out there. You'd be hard-pressed to find any pokemon better than her, really. But for some reason no one seems to acknowledge this and, in fact, they all seem to have the exact opposite belief.

Every time this happens, she gets just a little pissed off.

Effects: Every time Holly loses 15% of her health, she gains +1 to her atk and sp. atk, capped as normal at +6. If she gains back her health, the boosts fade as well. Once she reaches breaking point, there is no turning back - effectively meaning she's gained the ability Overgrow.

Last edited:

[Rayquaza] Swablu [♀]
Natural Cure

Signature Attribute: Rayquazic Envy (from the LME)

She knows she’s a Swablu, but Rayquaza desires to be a rayquaza rather badly. She has ever since her hatching, when a rayquaza flew over her and her mother. Along with painting her body to match the Sky Pokémon’s, Rayquaza has been working on levitation, through spending time in windy areas and thus learning to control both natural and pokémon-induced winds. Reaching a point where she can almost levitate, Rayquaza has become an inherently flying pokémon. Whilst training to become more like her idol, Rayquaza has managed to teach herself to use Ancient Power, Extreme Speed, and Hyper Voice. However, to use these moves, she expends twice the energy as normal.

Effects: Rayquaza is treated an inherently flying pokémon; she gains the use of Ancient Power, Extreme Speed, and Hyper Voice at twice the energy cost.

I believe this was overlooked, whoops. Yeah, it sounds better with that correction. Approved.

Trying again~

Sig Move for Cave Canem:
Popcorn Explosion

Fido is a strange Growlithe. When he was born, it was raining corn, and somehow most of the kernels got stuck in his fur. All of the kernels did not explode, however, because he did not know how to hone this move and his fur was to thick. Now, when hit by fire, he can command all of those kernels to explode into buttery popcorn because some kernels, when he was hit by Assurance (it applies pressure, after all), got into his cells and multiplied with the cells. Since he is in the middle of everything, he receives a 5% HP backlash. Lots of popcorn is lying around, however (around 50 unburnt kernels). This popcorn can be eaten to restore 1% energy.

Type: Normal
Move type: Physical
Target: All
Power: 10%
Accuracy: 100%
Energy: 7%
Duration: 1 action.
Effects: A Physical attack. Cave Canem receives a 5% HP backlash. Any remaining popcorn may be eaten for 1% energy.
Usage gap: once every 3 rounds.

If you don't mind me butting in here (I'll stop if Negrek says to, but I just want to help Squirts out): why can you use this move whenever you want? And more importantly, why can you use this move more than once?

In my opinion, it would be a better idea to make this a sig attribute. Instead of Flash Fire activating, have popcorn come out of his fur the first time pressure is applied to his body. It makes a lot more sense, imo.

Now that my Bulbasaur has evolved, it's signature time!

Signature Move: Insect Swarm
[Queen Gohma] Ivysaur (F) <Overgrow>

A seed is planted on the backs of baby Bulbasaur when they are born, according to the Pokedex. Unknown to her family at the time, the seed Queen Gohma received had been infested by bugs, which made their home there. As Gohma grew, the colony of bugs living in her bulb learned to be loyal to her in exchange for the nutrients she provides them. Now, as an Ivysaur, there is a hive of them inside her flower, and she can command them to attack her enemies whenever she wishes.

A swarm of bugs flies out of Gohma’s flower and attacks the enemy. Gohma can control how many bugs attack (i.e. the amount of damage dealt, either 3%, 6%, or 9%, to be specified by Gohma's Trainer). If she attacks multiple targets, the maximum amount of combined damage to all targets may not exceed the maximum she would be able to deal to a single Pokemon (9% without modifiers).

Type: Bug / Stat: Special / Damage: varies, up to 9% / Accuracy: 80% / Target: As many enemy Pokemon as are present / Energy: varies, up to 8% / Duration: 1 action
Effects: If Gohma deals 3% damage, the energy cost is 4%. If she deals 6%, the energy cost is 5%. If she deals 9%, the energy cost is 6%.
Usage Gap: 3 rounds

Signature Attribute: Colonial Symbiosis

A seed is planted on the backs of baby Bulbasaur when they are born, according to the Pokedex. Unknown to her family at the time, the seed Queen Gohma received had been infested by bugs, which made their home there. As Gohma grew, the colony of bugs living in her bulb learned to be loyal to her in exchange for the nutrients she provides them. Now, as an Ivysaur, there is a hive of them inside her flower. Because the hive is in the way, she cannot perform moves which involve ejecting seeds, perfume, or other solid material from her flower, but in exchange has gained several Bug-type moves.

Effects: Gohma gains some Bug-type moves in exchange for being unable to perform moves that involve her flower.

+ Attack Order, Defend Order, Heal Order, Bug Buzz
- Sweet Scent, Worry Seed, Seed Bomb, Sludge Bomb

It's time to get dangerous.

[Dangermouse] Nidoran M (Poison Point)

+ 2 exp.

Spr_4h_033.png

Dangermouse
Poison Point

It wouldn't really make sense that way, though, since it's not possible to predict exactly what my prize money will be. If I spend $8 on this move in a 1v1 and lose then that only leaves me with $3, and capping it at that to stop such a thing happening would be silly because then I wouldn't even be able to buy a critical hit boost. Could I just leave the cap at $10, and if I end up spending more than my prize money, just claim negative prize money at the end and deduct the rest from my account?

(Not really sure I want this move that much any more anyway, since it was supposed to just be a way to get rid of spare Pickup money, but screw it, I'm pretty rich :P)

Alright then.
...actually I made a few omissions in some of these that could have been fixed before the update, so I guess I'll mess with those too :v

[Jenkem] Koffing (M)
Ability: Levitate
Sig Move: Psychedelic Smog

As everyone knows, Koffing are just sentient balloons of a varied cocktail of foul-smelling toxic and/or explosive gasses, and their weapon of choice is blasting these gasses at their foes. The particular variety of chemicals floating around in Jenkem's body are somewhat different from the usual, however; one day while experimenting with his arsenal of vapours, Jenkem stumbled upon a particular mixture that had rather interesting results. First of all, it smelt really bad, like months-old rotting sewage. Jenkem couldn't notice this himself, of course, but the opponent he was testing it on was clearly affected, paralysed by retching, gagging and coughing and rendered barely able to fight. Then, after a few lungfuls, the real effects of the cloud surfaced; it seemed to have profound mental effects on his target, causing it to hallucinate, act erratically, and attack entities that didn't exist. From then on Jenkem used this technique to get him out of many tight spots, carefully mixing the chemicals inside him to just the right concentrations and then suddenly blasting them out of every vent on his body into an arena-consuming yellowy fog. Unfortunately a few drawbacks surfaced as well. Not all Pokémon minded the overpowering stench, and some weren't affected at all. Secondly the large amounts of gas ejected from his body make Jenkem shrink, making him much more susceptible to harm until he is able to regenerate the gas lost in the attack.

Type: Poison / Energy: 7% / Accuracy: 100% / Target: All / Duration: 5 actions

Effects: Jenkem spends one action preparing the right mixture of chemicals for his attack. Then, on the next action he will forcefully blast all the gas from his body into an immense, thick, brownish-yellow cloud that covers the entire battlefield. Any Pokémon that smells this gas will be immediately disarmed by its overpowering stench and have serious trouble concentrating, causing attacks to deal half as much damage and making attacks like Calm Mind, Focus Punch, Chill etc. impossible. (Stunky, Skuntank, Grimer, Muk, Trubbish, Garbodor, and Gloom are unaffected by the smell, as well as any other Pokémon that can have the ability Stench.) On the action after that, the Pokémon will begin to hallucinate, giving them moderate confusion and instating a Double-Team like state, where any Pokémon which declares an attack other than Jenkem has a 15% chance of targeting a hallucination instead. Successfully hitting the intended target will not remove this state as with ordinary Double Team, and it will only be alleviated once the gas cloud is removed. The gas cannot permeate water, so any Pokémon that is underwater and stays there for the duration of this move's effect will be unaffected. After four actions, the gas cloud will dissipate and all affected Pokémon will return to normal. Pokémon sent out while the cloud is still in place, if vulnerable to it, will have the effects activated on them at this time, ending whenever the cloud disappears. The amount of gas expelled causes Jenkem's body to shrink, which grants him +1 evasion but increases the damage of any successful attack upon him by 4% on the first action of Psychedelic Smog's effect, 3% on the second action and so forth as he gradually reinflates. When he regains his usual size the evasion boost wers off. Finally, all Koffing and Weezing are immune to these fumes, as are Pokémon with no obvious respiratory systems (most Steel-types, Porygon line etc).

Usage Gap: once per battle.

[Shi-Long Lang] Poochyena (M)
Ability: Quick Feet
Signature Move: Lang Zi Says

Shi-Long Lang (hereafter referred to as Shifu for short because I am lazy) is a descendant of a great Mightyena philosopher, Lang Zi. Lang Zi’s teachings comprise of intuitive battle styles and strategies that have been passed through the Lang family for millennia. Shifu is no exception to this, though in the heat of battle he can only remember and apply one teaching.

Type: Dark / Accuracy: 100% / Target: Self / Energy: 5%
Effects: Shifu recalls a random piece of ancient wisdom handed down by his ancestors and applies its teachings to the current situation. Each has an equal probability of being remembered. Possible teachings are as follows:
- “Lang Zi says: a cub who disrespects others will soon feel the disciplinary bite of an elder”. From this point onwards until the end of the battle, every time Shifu is attacked with a contact move, he will strike out quickly and counterattack his assailant, dealing 1% typeless damage, unless incapacitated (asleep, fully paralysed etc). This counterattack does not cost an action.
- “Lang Zi says: the timid never reach the land of truth”. Shifu’s confidence builds tenfold so he will never falter in battle, replacing his current abilities with Inner Focus and Moxie.
- “Lang Zi says: before aiming for the throat, chew the neck shield off first”. Shifu locates a weak point on the target and bites it savagely, dealing 3% typeless damage, lowering the target’s Defense by one level and raising Shifu’s critical hit ratio by 1.
- “Lang Zi says: on truth’s path, the word ‘probability’ does not exist”. The after-effects of Shifu’s moves have their probability raised by 5%; i.e. Astonish has a 35% chance to cause flinching, Fire Fang has a 15% chance to burn and a 15% chance to cause flinching etc.) This does not include accuracy or critical hit rates.
- “Lang Zi says: persistence soon turns into fixation”. Shifu is affected as though he were hit by Encore, repeating the last move he used before Lang Zi Says. If Lang Zi Says is the first move he used since being sent out, it will fail and be considered used up.
- “Lang Zi says: expect everything from a criminal”. Shifu readies himself for his opponent’s attacks, making him impossible to score a critical hit against.
- ”Lang Zi says: only cooperate with those you can trust”. Shifu becomes highly suspicious of his opponent, making moves based on trickery (those being Covet, Captivate, Attract, Sucker Punch, Feint, Trick, Switcheroo, Embargo, Snatch, Foul Play and Heart Stamp) useless against him.
- ”Lang Zi says: until the root of the tongue dries, one never knows the whole truth”. Shifu can only use Howl, Roar, Taunt, Yawn, Uproar, Sleep Talk, Torment, Swagger, Embargo, Round, Snarl, or any other sound- or speech-based command for three actions.
- ”Lang Zi says: all men are brothers. And friends become family”. If recited in a double battle, has the same effect as Helping Hand on both Shifu and his ally for the next damaging move they use. If recited in a single battle, the move fails and is considered used up.
- ”Lang Zi says: one should always know one’s place in life”. Shifu receives 1.5x STAB from same-type moves, but deals only 0.75x as much damage with non-STAB moves.
All effects last until Shifu leaves battle, unless otherwise stated.
Usage gap: once per battle.
Re: Screw the Rules, I Have Money: You can leave the cap like that if you want, sure. You probably want to change the references to pick up, though, so they don't confuse people who will eventually become used to the ability having nothing to do with money.

The updates look fine, and I'll add them in once I'm able to edit signature moves.

As in, all three of them, or only two?
All three.

At the end of the attack, Brittany collects her pants.

Signature Attribute: Oops I Did It Again

Sometimes Brittany drops her pants.

Effects: Each round, there is a 12% chance Brittany will drop her pants. If this happens, for each action that her pants have fallen, there is a 12% chance any pokemon that sees her will flinch. At the end of the round she manages to pick her pants up again.

[Holly] cottonee (f) Prankster
Signature Attribute: Dude, Where's My Respect?

Holly is a pretty confident lady. In fact, she's pretty sure she's the best pokemon out there. You'd be hard-pressed to find any pokemon better than her, really. But for some reason no one seems to acknowledge this and, in fact, they all seem to have the exact opposite belief.

Every time this happens, she gets just a little pissed off.

Effects: Every time Holly loses 15% of her health, she gains +1 to her atk and sp. atk, capped as normal at +6. If she gains back her health, the boosts fade as well. Once she reaches breaking point, there is no turning back - effectively meaning she's gained the ability Overgrow.
The logistics of Brittany's pant-related attribute and move still mystify me. If she took off her pants for her signature move, then she shouldn't be able to drop them later to trigger the flinch effect. Likewise, she shouldn't be able to use the move more than once, because if she's already removed her pants she can't take them off *again,* and if she puts them on and then takes them off again it doesn't really get her anywhere in terms of accumulating stat modifiers.

I take it you don't mean that Holly has to lose the 15% health all in one go? Rather, this activates when she drops to 85%, then again when she hits 70%? If so, this is far too powerful. Even if you just mean when she takes 15% damage in one (action? round?), this needs a drawback.

Trying again~

Sig Move for Cave Canem:
Popcorn Explosion

Fido is a strange Growlithe. When he was born, it was raining corn, and somehow most of the kernels got stuck in his fur. All of the kernels did not explode, however, because he did not know how to hone this move and his fur was to thick. Now, when hit by fire, he can command all of those kernels to explode into buttery popcorn because some kernels, when he was hit by Assurance (it applies pressure, after all), got into his cells and multiplied with the cells. Since he is in the middle of everything, he receives a 5% HP backlash. Lots of popcorn is lying around, however (around 50 unburnt kernels). This popcorn can be eaten to restore 1% energy.

Effects: A Physical attack. Cave Canem receives a 5% HP backlash. Any remaining popcorn may be eaten for 1% energy.
The attack description is nonsensical. That's really the primary problem with the attack. "It was raining corn" isn't really going to cut it for an explanation.

Now that my Bulbasaur has evolved, it's signature time!

A seed is planted on the backs of baby Bulbasaur when they are born, according to the Pokedex. Unknown to her family at the time, the seed Queen Gohma received had been infested by bugs, which made their home there. As Gohma grew, the colony of bugs living in her bulb learned to be loyal to her in exchange for the nutrients she provides them. Now, as an Ivysaur, there is a hive of them inside her flower, and she can command them to attack her enemies whenever she wishes.

A swarm of bugs flies out of Gohma’s flower and attacks the enemy. Gohma can control how many bugs attack (i.e. the amount of damage dealt, either 3%, 6%, or 9%, to be specified by Gohma's Trainer). If she attacks multiple targets, the maximum amount of combined damage to all targets may not exceed the maximum she would be able to deal to a single Pokemon (9% without modifiers).

Type: Bug / Stat: Special / Damage: varies, up to 9% / Accuracy: 80% / Target: As many enemy Pokemon as are present / Energy: varies, up to 8% / Duration: 1 action
Effects: If Gohma deals 3% damage, the energy cost is 4%. If she deals 6%, the energy cost is 5%. If she deals 9%, the energy cost is 6%.

A seed is planted on the backs of baby Bulbasaur when they are born, according to the Pokedex. Unknown to her family at the time, the seed Queen Gohma received had been infested by bugs, which made their home there. As Gohma grew, the colony of bugs living in her bulb learned to be loyal to her in exchange for the nutrients she provides them. Now, as an Ivysaur, there is a hive of them inside her flower. Because the hive is in the way, she cannot perform moves which involve ejecting seeds, perfume, or other solid material from her flower, but in exchange has gained several Bug-type moves.

Effects: Gohma gains some Bug-type moves in exchange for being unable to perform moves that involve her flower.

+ Attack Order, Defend Order, Heal Order, Bug Buzz
- Sweet Scent, Worry Seed, Seed Bomb, Sludge Bomb
I'm a little unclear on how Insect Swarm's targeting works in multipokémon matches. The target is listed as "As many enemy pokémon as are present"--does that mean that the attack will target all enemies, or just that Queen Gohma can choose any number of enemies to target?

Sludge bomb seems like a kind of a weird attack to lose for the signature attribute. Why not leech seed instead? You would have to put in one other attack to compensate for the quality of the attacks you're getting, but it wouldn't need to be something as powerful as sludge bomb, and leech seed makes much more sense to lose IMO.

Using two exp. from Zero via exp. share and one from this ooooold battle, evolving a Sentret.

[Lexington] Sentret F (Keen Eye)

+ 3 exp.

Spr_4h_162.png

Lexington - F - Keen Eye
The EXP share only works if it's equipped to a pokémon in your active squad when the battle starts. According to what Zoroark posted when that battle began, Lexington was not in your active squad at the time, whether or not she was holding the EXP share.

Sig Move for Cave Canem:
Popcorn Explosion

Cave Canem is a strange Growlithe. When he was young, he ventured into a popcorn factory, and fell in a vat of kernels. Somehow, most of the kernels got in his fur. All of the kernels did not explode, however, because he did not know how to hone this move and his fur was to thick. Now, when hit by fire, he can command all of those kernels to explode into buttery popcorn because some kernels, when he was hit by Assurance (it applies pressure, after all), got into his cells and multiplied with the cells and due to this can use this various times . Since he is in the middle of everything, he receives a 5% HP backlash. Lots of popcorn is lying around, however (around 50 unburnt kernels). This popcorn can be eaten to restore 1% energy.

Retrying these. Changes in bold.

A swarm of bugs flies out of Gohma’s flower and attacks the enemy. Gohma can control how many bugs attack (i.e. the amount of damage dealt, either 3%, 6%, or 9%, to be specified by Gohma's Trainer) and how many enemies they target. If she attacks multiple targets, the maximum amount of combined damage to all targets may not exceed the maximum she would be able to deal to a single Pokemon (9% without modifiers).

Type: Bug / Stat: Special / Damage: varies, up to 9% / Accuracy: 80% / Target: Up to as many enemy Pokemon as are present / Energy: varies, up to 6% / Duration: 1 action

A seed is planted on the backs of baby Bulbasaur when they are born, according to the Pokedex. Unknown to her family at the time, the seed Queen Gohma received had been infested by bugs, which made their home there. As Gohma grew, the colony of bugs living in her bulb learned to be loyal to her in exchange for the nutrients she provides them. Now, as an Ivysaur, there is a hive of them inside her flower. Because the hive is in the way, she cannot perform moves which involve ejecting seeds or perfume from her flower, but in exchange has gained several Bug-type moves.

+ Attack Order, Defend Order, Heal Order
- Sweet Scent, Worry Seed, Seed Bomb

(Not sure I want to give up Leech Seed, so I took off Bug Buzz from the gained attacks instead. Better?

Also fixed a typo in Insect Swarm's energy field.)

Sig Move for Cave Canem:
Popcorn Explosion

Cave Canem is a strange Growlithe. When he was young, he ventured into a popcorn factory, and fell in a vat of kernels. Somehow, most of the kernels got in his fur. All of the kernels did not explode, however, because he did not know how to hone this move and his fur was to thick. Now, when hit by fire, he can command all of those kernels to explode into buttery popcorn because some kernels, when he was hit by Assurance (it applies pressure, after all), got into his cells and multiplied with the cells and due to this can use this various times . Since he is in the middle of everything, he receives a 5% HP backlash. Lots of popcorn is lying around, however (around 50 unburnt kernels). This popcorn can be eaten to restore 1% energy.

Kernels of popcorn "getting into" your cells wouldn't allow you to reproduce them at will; more likely you would die horribly. Aside from logic issues (how do you command popcorn to explode, exactly?), you don't actually describe how this attack looks or works, or anything about how the popcorn-eating mechanic works.

Retrying these. Changes in bold.

A swarm of bugs flies out of Gohma’s flower and attacks the enemy. Gohma can control how many bugs attack (i.e. the amount of damage dealt, either 3%, 6%, or 9%, to be specified by Gohma's Trainer) and how many enemies they target. If she attacks multiple targets, the maximum amount of combined damage to all targets may not exceed the maximum she would be able to deal to a single Pokemon (9% without modifiers).

Type: Bug / Stat: Special / Damage: varies, up to 9% / Accuracy: 80% / Target: Up to as many enemy Pokemon as are present / Energy: varies, up to 6% / Duration: 1 action

A seed is planted on the backs of baby Bulbasaur when they are born, according to the Pokedex. Unknown to her family at the time, the seed Queen Gohma received had been infested by bugs, which made their home there. As Gohma grew, the colony of bugs living in her bulb learned to be loyal to her in exchange for the nutrients she provides them. Now, as an Ivysaur, there is a hive of them inside her flower. Because the hive is in the way, she cannot perform moves which involve ejecting seeds or perfume from her flower, but in exchange has gained several Bug-type moves.

+ Attack Order, Defend Order, Heal Order
- Sweet Scent, Worry Seed, Seed Bomb

(Not sure I want to give up Leech Seed, so I took off Bug Buzz from the gained attacks instead. Better?

Also fixed a typo in Insect Swarm's energy field.)
Both approved.

Removing Pickup references, making it so I pay out of my earnings, and fixing the fact that changing Hidden Power's type needs to be linked. :v

[Seto Kaiba] Meowth (M) <Pickup>
Signature Move: Screw The Rules, I Have Money!

Seto is a very affluent Meowth. He has built up his picking-up-shiny-stuff business from the ground up, and as a result is very, very rich. Quite phenomenally wealthy, as he does own the most startling quantities of cash. As a result, he has become egotistical and complacent, determined to get whatever he wants. He has come to think of rules and regulations as merely things for lesser, poorer beings who can't afford to buy the favour of the relevant authority. Therefore he's not averse to lining the ref's pockets to see that things work out the way he wants; of course, he couldn't possibly take his entire vast fortune along with him to every battle, so his poor trainer has to foot the bill.

Type: Normal / Target: Self / Energy: 2%

Effects: Seto goes over to the referee and discreetly hands them a few coins during the match. The referee will then see to it that the battle goes in Seto's favour in whichever way he specified. The money spent using this move is added to the referee's earnings at the end of the match and deducted from his trainer's winnings at the end of the match; if the total amount spent exceeds this amount, his trainer receives negative prize money to be deducted from their account. Seto can never spend more than $10 on bribes during any one battle. Unless specified otherwise in the list of effects below, Screw The Rules, I Have Money! must be linked to an attack to gain a chosen effect, i.e. Slash + Screw The Rules, I Have Money! ~ Pay Day.

The possible effects are as follows (and must be specified when Screw The Rules, I Have Money! is used):

- +20% accuracy ($2)
- double the chance of inflicting a critical hit ($4)
- 1.5x the chance of secondary effects triggering ($3)
- type of Hidden Power changed to any type of Seto's choosing (does not require linking) ($1)
- negate Seto's status conditions (does not require linking) ($1 for mild conditions, $2 for moderate conditions, $3 for severe conditions; prices stack for each condition)

Usage gap: 3 rounds

Back
Top Bottom