• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Lucas755 vs. Rarity (ref: Squornshellous Beta)

Hurk. No, the damage was applied to Steelbird, as your orders, um, ordered. I don't know why I wrote it like that but I've fixed it now. Sorry.

3v3 double
Set
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 60%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Evasion
Arena: Giant Spider Web

It's a giant spider web. The floor is sticky and weblike (of course), and even though it's giant, it's still a spiderweb, so no Pokemon taller/longer than three meters (METRIC HELL YEAH) can battle, since it also has a web roof. Also, all non-Bug types start at -1 Speed.
Team Lucas755
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Venonat
(Male)
Ability: Compoundeyes
Health: 78%
Energy: 54%
Status: My friends dared me to go into this dark cave. None of us knew what was inside, just that we were forbidden to go near it. Hidden Power bug-typed.
Attacks Used: Psychic @ Steelbird ~ Psychic @ Steelbird ~ Psychic @ Steelbird
Item: Wise Glasses

Eevee
(Male)
Ability: Adaptability
Health: 32%
Energy: 39%
Status: Hahaha, I'm bulky! Speed -2, defense +5, attack +1.
Attacks Used: Skull Bash @ Titan ~ Last Resort @ Titan ~ Last Resort @ Titan
Item: Fire Stone

Team Rarity
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Skarmory
Steelbird (Male)
Ability: Sturdy
Health: 49%
Energy: 80%
Status: RRRRRRRRRRzzzzzzzzzzzzzzXXXXxxRRRkk. Speed -1, special defense -1, attack +4, asleep (mild; one more round), paralyzed (moderate; 50% chance of full paralysis and 3% extra energy on attacks requiring movement).
Attacks Used: Sleep Talk ~ Sleep Talk ~ Sleep Talk

Heracross-f
Titan (Female)
Ability: Guts
Health: 31%
Energy: 57%
Status: ZZZZZbuzzbuzzBZZZZZBUZZ... asleep (mild; one more round), badly poisoned (4% this round, 5% next), paralyzed (moderate; 50% chance of full paralysis and 3% extra energy on attacks requiring movement).
Attacks Used: Sleep Talk ~ Sleep Talk ~ Sleep Talk

Round 4 Begin!

Staring at his opponents, Eevee notes that they are almost awake, though not completely; they're sure to wake up before long, though. Preparing for his move, he tucks his head in, building up force for an attack. Venonat, meanwhile, decides to skip the mind-manipulation and go on the direct offensive: a bright blue aura outlines Steelbird and she rises up, hovering in midair for a few seconds before the Psychic collapses inwards and Steelbird falls straight back to the ground. Titan suddenly lurches upright, and for a moment Eevee and Venonat are tense in fear that she may be fully awake; fortunately, though, her eyes remain closed, and she suddenly opens her wing casing and takes to the air. Straining against her stiffened muscles, she flies round in tight circles and manages to pick up a respectable speed; when she slows to a stop, there is another identical Heracross behind her. Both of them tuck their wings back into their casings in midair, falling forwards in a neat parabola and landing face-first on the web. As she lands, Steelbird staggers upright and opens his beak wide; he lets out a harsh, grating song, which, yet again, Venonat seems to feel the worst of, screeching and struggling to cover his ears. Staalbird crashes back to the ground as Eevee launches himself forwards, smacking into Titan's side. He grins as he watches the illusory duplicate melt away.

Eevee quickly attacks again, cloaking himself in a white aura and hurling himself into Titan once more. As he wobbles back to his own end of the webbing, he passes Steelbird floating in midair, suspended once more by the blue aura, which collapses into itself and drops Steelbird. Inasmuch as a totally immobile set of mandibles can grin, this is what Venonat does as Eevee approaches him; then they both turn to look at Steelbird, who is yet again wobbling upright. He begins flapping his wings, and within seconds a tornado forms in midair. It quickly grows out of control, drawing closer and closer to Eevee and Venonat; they can do naught to stop it but watch in horror. It picks them up, spins them wildly around in midair and throws them in random directions, then fades away, leaving the webbing in tatters. Almost instantly, a writhing mass of Joltik fills the gap, frantically repairing the web, as well as making adorable requests that the battlers "cut that out please ::(".

While they're doing that, Venonat once again wraps Steelbird in a blanket of psychic energy, tossing him carelessly aside - onto a Joltik, as it happens, though no-one notices since Joltik are so tiny. By this time, the web is more or less whole again, and the battle can proceed as normal; Eevee once more adopts a bright white glow, then charges towards Titan, avoiding the few still-unrepaired spaces on the way. He charges at Titan but, approaching, realizes that the beetle is unconscious; that earlier Last Resort must have knocked her out! She switches targets, simply, to Steelbird, crashing into his side and hurting his (Eevee's) head severely on the steel-hard armour. As Eevee staggers away, nursing what he suspects might be a concussion, Steelbird pulls himself upright - still sleeping - then flies over to Venonat, smashing his wing down on his head. Venonat makes a loud EEEP sound, which seems to be enough to snap Steelbird out of his slumber: he opens his eyes and looks around, trying to figure out what has happened during his slumber. Rarity recalls Titan and listens to the Joltik squeaking more adorable requests to not damage the web as the round draws to a close.

Round 4 End!

Team Lucas755
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Venonat
(Male)
Health: 42%
Energy: 30%
Status: I was never one to refuse a dare, so I went warily inside. Hidden Power bug-typed.
Attacks Used: Psychic @ Steelbird ~ Psychic @ Steelbird ~ Psychic @ Steelbird

Eevee
(Male)
Health: 24%
Energy: 10%
Status: My head... stupid solid Steelbird... Speed -2, defense +6, attack +1.
Attacks Used: Skull Bash @ Titan ~ Last Resort @ Titan ~ Last Resort @ Steelbird

Team Rarity
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Skarmory
Steelbird (Male)
Health: 3%
Energy: 56%
Status: What... happened? Speed -1, special defense -1, attack +4, paralyzed (moderate; 50% chance of full paralysis and 3% extra energy on attacks requiring movement).
Attacks Used: Sleep Talk (Round) @ Venonat ~ Sleep Talk (Twister) ~ Sleep Talk (Rock Smash) @ Venonat

Heracross-f
Titan (Female)
Health: 0%
Energy: 39%
Attacks Used: Sleep Talk (Double Team (1 clone)) ~ Sleep Talk (Reversal) @ Eevee

Damage / Energy Calculations
Skull Bash - 14% damage, 7% energy (accuracy roll 66, needed 100 to miss)
Psychic - 11% damage, 8% energy (accuracy roll 44, needed 100 to miss)
Sleep Talk (Double Team) - 8% energy
Sleep Talk (Round) - 7% damage, 7% energy (accuracy roll 20, needed 100 to miss)
Last Resort - 19% damage, 11% energy (accuracy roll 45, needed 100 to miss)
Psychic - 11% damage, 8% energy (accuracy roll 19, needed 100 to miss)
Sleep Talk (Reversal) - 8% damage, 10% energy (accuracy roll 24, needed 100 to miss)
Sleep Talk (Twister) - 5% damage, 8% energy (accuracy rolls 91 and 1, needed 100 to miss)
Psychic - 11% damage, 8% energy (accuracy roll 15, needed 100 to miss)
Last Resort - 13% damage, 11% energy (accuracy roll 32, needed 100 to miss)
Sleep Talk (Rock Smash) - 2% damage, 9% energy (accuracy roll 59, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- Apologies for the delay guys. Not only do Double battles take longer to ref but I was almost at the end of writing it when I realized I hadn't updated my Sleep Talk generator with fifth-gen moves yet, so I had to start over.
- And then I realized that Titan fained after the Last Resort, so I had to redo everything after that.
- Since Last Resort had no Titan to target, it defaulted to Steelbird.
- Just so I remember, the current speed order is: Eevee and Venonat (45) - Skarmory (15).

Arena Notes
- The webbing around Steelbird and where Titan was is littered with an interestingly-colored mix of green and orange powders.
- More orange powder is stuck to the web in front of Steelbird at about a half-metre's distance, with a surprisingly neat edge where the Protect shield was.

Next Round
- Rarity sends out and Attacks
- Lucas755 Attacks
- I ref

Crap.

Well, I'll bring out Darkness.

Steelbird, just fire a salvo - three Drill Pecks on Venonat, since you're going down anyway.

Darkness, use Hypnosis on Venonat, then on Eevee. For your third action, use Nasty Plot if both are asleep, or Dark Pulse on Eevee if one is awake.

Steelbird: Drill Peck x3
Darkness: Hypnosis ~ Hypnosis ~ Nasty Plot/Dark Pulse

Venonat, start off with protect to block both of those moves on you. Next, hit Darkness with a Stun Spore, and end it with Toxic.

Protect ~ Stun Spore @ Darkness ~ Toxic @ Darkness

Eevee, finish off Steelbird with Last Resort. After that, use a combo of Dig + Iron Tail on Darkness to avoid the hypnosis by digging underground. In the attacking portion of Dig, combine it with Iron Tail.

Last Resort ~ Dig + Iron Tail @ Darkness

Sorry about the delay. I've been really busy.

3v3 double
Set

It's a giant spider web. The floor is sticky and weblike (of course), and even though it's giant, it's still a spiderweb, so no Pokemon taller/longer than three meters (METRIC HELL YEAH) can battle, since it also has a web roof. Also, all non-Bug types start at -1 Speed.
Team Lucas755
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Venonat
(Male)
Energy: 30%
Status: I was never one to refuse a dare, so I went warily inside. Hidden Power bug-typed.
Commands: Protect ~ Stun Spore @ Darkness ~ Toxic @ Darkness

Eevee
(Male)
Energy: 10%
Status: My head... stupid solid Steelbird... Speed -2, defense +6, attack +1.
Commands: Last Resort @ Steelbird ~ Dig + Iron Tail @ Darkness

Team Rarity
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Skarmory
Steelbird (Male)
Health: 3%
Status: What... happened? Speed -1, special defense -1, attack +4, paralyzed (moderate; 50% chance of full paralysis and 3% extra energy on attacks requiring movement).
Commands: Drill Peck ~ Drill Peck ~ Drill Peck

Spiritomb
Darkness (Female)
Ability: Pressure
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Hypnosis ~ Hypnosis ~ Nasty Plot / Dark Pulse @ Eevee

Round 5 Begin!

Venonat is first to move this round, a brief glimmer showing in his eyes before a translucent, green, shimmering shield shimers into existence around him. Eevee looks curiously at him and then begins his own attack, charging at Steelbird whilst cloaking himself in energy. He hurtles into Steelbird's side, admittedly with much less force than he would have if he had more energy; the blow is still sufficient to knock him out, though. Steelbird enjoys a brief moment of victory before keeling over out of exhaustion, just as Venonat's shield fades away. The round ends with both trainers recalling their Pokémon and Lucas755 contemplating what to use in replacement.

Round 5 End!

Team Lucas755
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Venonat
(Male)
Energy: 26%
Status: I was crawling into the darkness when there was a loud sound from behind me... Hidden Power bug-typed.
Attacks Used: Protect

Eevee
(Male)
Energy: 0%
Attacks Used: Last Resort @ Steelbird

Team Rarity
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Skarmory
Steelbird (Male)
Health: 0%

Spiritomb
Darkness (Female)
Status: I have seen some strange and messed-up things in my time. This ranks pretty high.
Attacks Used: [nothing]

Protect - 4% energy
Last Resort - 13% damage, 11% energy (accuracy roll 5, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- Short round, hey? Rounds end when a Pokémon faints.
- Just so I remember, the current speed order is: Eevee and Venonat (45) - Spiritomb (35) - Skarmory (15).

Arena Notes
- The webbing around Steelbird and where Titan was is littered with an interestingly-colored mix of green and orange powders.
- More orange powder is stuck to the web in front of Steelbird at about a half-metre's distance, with a surprisingly neat edge where the Protect shield was.

Next Round
- Lucas755 sends out and Attacks
- Rarity Attacks
- I ref

Last edited:
Next Round
- Rarity sends out
- Lucas755 Attacks
- Rarity Attacks
- I ref

Um, unless I'm wrong, this is a mistake. Rarity's already sent out all three of her(his?) Pokemon (Skarmory, Heracross, and Spiritomb), while Lucas has only sent out two (Venonat and Eevee). Rarity shouldn't get to send out another; Lucas should. Right?

I'll send out Heracross.

Venonat, time to inflict some STATUS. YEAH. I didn't really want to use Sleep Powder again, but I'm afraid they're going to use it now, and this is the only way I can think of to stop it. Start with Sleep Powder, then use Toxic and Stun Spore. If he's commanded to Protect against Sleep Powder, just use Light Screen and push everything back one.

Sleep Powder/Light Screen ~ Toxic/Sleep Powder ~ Stun Spore/Toxic

Heracross, use Swords Dance three times. If he's going to try to Snatch it, use Megahorn instead.

Swords Dance/Megahorn x3

Darkness, first use Taunt on Venonat, then Nasty Plot, and finally slam Venonat with a Psychic. If you are asleep at any time during the round, use Sleep Talk instead.

Taunt/Sleep Talk ~ Nasty Plot/Sleep Talk ~ Psychic @ Venonat/Sleep Talk

3v3 double
Set

Team Lucas755
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Venonat
(Male)
Energy: 26%
Status: I was crawling into the darkness when there was a loud sound from behind me... Hidden Power bug-typed.
Commands: Sleep Powder / Light Screen ~ Toxic / Sleep Powder ~ Stun Spore / Toxic

Heracross
(Male)
Commands: Swords Dance / Megahorn ~ Swords Dance / Megahorn ~ Swords Dance / Megahorn

Team Rarity
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Spiritomb
Darkness (Female)
Status: I have seen some strange and messed-up things in my time. I have to say, this ranks pretty high. Speed -1.
Commands: Taunt / Sleep Talk ~ Nasty Plot / Sleep Talk ~ Psychic @ Venonat / Sleep Talk

Round 6 Begin!

Lucas755's replacement Pokémon is a Heracross, similar to the earlier one but with a different-shaped horn. Rarity, on the other hand, sends out a Spiritomb, whose overbearing and intimidating manner has his opponents unnerved right out of the gate.

The Heracross is the fastest of the bunch, of course, unhindered by the paralysis that slowed his earlier counterpart; he begins a complex, spinning, twisting dance, occasionally striking out against an invisible opponent or defending against an imaginary blow. He seems lost in his own world for now, and goes largely ignored by the other Pokémon on the field for this reason. Venonat moves next, shaking his fur and dislodging yet another cloud of spores (the referee looks on and wonders just how much he has in there), which floats towards Darkness. It drifts straight through him, and he seems unaffected initially; within a few seconds, though, his eyes begin to close, and suddenly he slumps down, landing facedown on the web. Suddenly, though, he snaps back upright again; Venonat leaps back in shock, but Darkness' eyes are still closed, he is still sleeping. That's little consolation to Venonat, though, since he's on the recieving end of Darkness' attack: for a few seconds, he allows an orb of water to form in front of him, then he launches it towards Venonat. It explodes into a mass of completely unexpected sound, ringing and shrieking, and Venonat squeals in pain.

Darkness collapses back onto the web and Heracross is still lost in his dancy-pants world, so Venonat begins a move; he comcentrates venom from several sources in his body into a thick purple paste, which he spits at Darkness. It lands on the Odd Keystone bound to his lower end, and the stone seems to react badly, hissing and bubbling. It seems to be slowly absorbing the gunk, though. Must be a porous rock. Darkness' head lifts up again, still sleeping; this time, though, he charges up an orb of white energy, from the front of which fires a beam. The beam strikes Venonat squarely in the face, and he suddenly feels himself becoming stiff and unwieldy; his muscles briefly lock up on him, though he regains his movement soon enough.

Heracross' dance seems to be drawing to an end. He finishes and then descends to the ground, panting and out of breath but ready for battle; for now, though, he is content to watch Venonat as he shakes yet another cloud of spores out of his fur. As the referee makes a mental note to request a study into this, the powder drifts through Darkness' body and he wails in his sleep; his swirling gases briefly cease their swirling in favour of spastic motions, but soon enough return to normal. He pulls himself up, asleep, once more; this time, though, he doesn't visibly do anything. In actual fact, he is performing a meditative technique that makes both his mental attack and defense stronger; this done, he collapses, backwards this time.

Round 6 End!

Team Lucas755
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Venonat
(Male)
Health: 27%
Energy: 13%
Status: So I turned around and the exit was completely blocked off by this massive web. Hidden Power bug-typed; paralyzed (moderate; 20% chance of full paralysis).
Attacks Used: Sleep Powder ~ Toxic ~ Stun Spore

Heracross
(Male)
Energy: 94%
Attacks Used: Swords Dance ~ Swords Dance ~ Swords Dance

Team Rarity
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Spiritomb
Darkness (Female)
Health: 98%
Energy: 81%
Status: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Speed -1, special attack +1, special defense +1; asleep (moderate; three more rounds), paralyzed (moderate; 20% chance of full paralysis), badly poisoned (2% this round, 3% next).
Attacks Used: Sleep Talk (Water Pulse) @ Venonat ~ Sleep Talk (Secret Power) @ Venonat ~ Sleep Talk (Calm Mind)

Swords Dance - 2% energy
Sleep Powder - 4% energy (accuracy roll 94, needed 100 to miss)
Sleep Talk (Water Pulse) - 7% damage, 6% energy (accuracy roll 93, needed 100 to miss)
Swords Dance - 2% energy
Toxic - 6% energy (accuracy roll 88, needed 90 or above to miss)
Sleep Talk (Secret Power) - 8% damage, 7% energy (accuracy roll 89, needed 100 to miss)
Swords Dance - 2% energy
Stun Spore - 3% energy (accuracy roll 77, needed 100 to miss)
Sleep Talk (Calm Mind) - 6% energy

Notes
- Water Pulse did not confuse Venonat.
- Secret Power paralyzed Venonat.
- Sorry for the delay, guys. I completely missed the 'other' in Secret Power's description.
- As it is, Toxic was the only move this round that was affected by Pressure. The Swords Dances were obviously not targeted at Darkness, while the two Powders were too low-energy to gain another percent.
- Just so I remember, the current speed order is: Heracross (85) - Venonat (11) - Spiritomb (6).

Arena Notes

Next Round
- Rarity attacks
- Lucas755 attacks
- I ref

3v3 double
Set

Team Lucas755
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Venonat
(Male)
Energy: 13%
Status: So I turned around and the exit was completely blocked off by this massive web. Hidden Power bug-typed; paralyzed (moderate; 20% chance of full paralysis).
Commands: Chill ~ Chill ~ Chill

Heracross
(Male)
Energy: 94%
Commands: Megahorn ~ Megahorn ~ Megahorn

Team Rarity
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Spiritomb
Darkness (Female)
Health: 98%
Energy: 81%
Status: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Speed -1, special attack +1, special defense +1; asleep (moderate; three more rounds), paralyzed (moderate; 20% chance of full paralysis), badly poisoned (2% this round, 3% next).
Commands: Sleep Talk ~ Sleep Talk ~ Sleep Talk

Round 7 Begin!

Venonat settles down for a nice rest this round, curling up and nodding quickly off to sleep. Heracross looks on in some kind of fatherly concern, but soon determines that he's fine; he prepares to attack, charging towards Darkness. He smashes his horn down onto Darkness with as much force as he can muster, going straight through the hazy form but smashing into the Keystone, which cracks severely under the force of the blow. Darkness screams and jolts upright, still asleep; her scream seems to resonate with some dark forces, and a shadow suddenly appears behind her, resolving quickly into another Spiritomb.

Heracross ignores this, though, and attacks again; he smashes down onto the Keystone again, leaving another significant crack. The shadowy clone fades away, and Darkness suddenly begins muttering a dark invocation. It takes hold, and Heracross feels dark spirits swirling around him. He resolves to ignore it.

Venonat's rest seems to be over by now. He stirs, and then wakes; he pulls himself upright and takes stock of the situation. The situation is that Heracross is once again breaking the Keystone with a massive strike from his horn, and Darkness is beginning another incantation. Suddenly, bright, glowing white cages of light appear around both Heracross and Venonat, then begin shrinking; they disappear inside the Pokémon, and they have the uncomfortable sensation of feeling part of their knowledge being sealed away.

Round 7 End!

Team Lucas755
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Venonat
(Male)
Energy: 43%
Status: There was this scuttling sound from behind me, and then a screech. Then something hit me in the back, and I couldn't move. Hidden Power bug-typed; paralyzed (moderate; 20% chance of full paralysis); Sleep Talk Imprisoned.
Attacks Used: Chill ~ Chill ~ Chill

Heracross
(Male)
Energy: 46%
Status: That was a nasty feeling. Attack +6, Embargo'd, Sleep Talk Imprisoned.
Attacks Used: Megahorn ~ Megahorn ~ Megahorn

Team Rarity
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Spiritomb
Darkness (Female)
Health: 38% (CAPPED)
Energy: 60%
Status: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Speed -1, special attack +1, special defense +1; asleep (moderate; two more rounds), paralyzed (moderate; 20% chance of full paralysis), badly poisoned (3% this round, 4% next).
Attacks Used: Sleep Talk (Double Team) ~ Sleep Talk (Embargo) @ Heracross ~ Sleep Talk (Imprison)

Megahorn - 28% damage, 16% energy (accuracy roll 12, needed 85 or above to miss)
Chill - restored 10% energy (Venonat)
Sleep Talk (Double Team) - 7% energy
Megahorn - 28% damage, 16% energy (accuracy roll 84, needed 85 or above to miss)
Sleep Talk (Embargo) - 6% energy (accuracy roll 62, needed 100 to miss)
Megahorn - 28% damage, 16% energy (accuracy roll 76, needed 85 or above to miss)
Sleep Talk (Imprison) - 8% energy

Notes
- In her current state, Darkness was only fast enough to make one clone. Which was useless, because Megahorn hit through regardless.
- Sorry for the short and boring reffing. Repetetive moves can do that.
- Just so I remember, the current speed order is: Heracross (85) - Venonat (11) - Spiritomb (6).

Arena Notes
- The webbing around where Steelbird and Titan were is littered with an interestingly-colored mix of green and orange powders.
- More orange powder is stuck to the web in front of where Steelbird was at about a half-metre's distance, with a surprisingly neat edge where the Protect shield was.

Next Round
- Rarity attacks
- Lucas755 attacks
- I ref

Last edited:
Heracross, Megahorn.

Megahorn x3

Venonat, more chilling.

chill x3

(sorry about my lateness. Still very busy.)

Back
Top Bottom