• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Karkat Vantas vs. Raptorsaurus (ref: Squornshellous Beta)

Squornshellous Beta

Pronoun
she/they/any
1v1 Single
Damage Cap: 50%
DQ: 4 days
Banned Moves: Chill, Rest, Final Gambit
Arena: Grub Battlefield

A large concrete circle that rests on the backs of thousands of decomposing bugs. Cheering swarms of Venipede and Weedle watch from the stands, cheering for the jousting opponents.

Other: The only Pokemon that may be used are bug-types.

Escavalier and Accelgor get a +1 in Attack to begin the battle.
Karkitty's Bugs
Dwebble
Concrete Beater (Female)
Ability: Shell Armor

Accelgor
Kid (Male)
Ability: Sticky Hold

Raptorsaurus's Bug
Escavalier
Kabutan (Male)

First Round
- Karkitty pointlessly sends out
- Raptorsaurus even more pointlessly sends out, and attacks
- Karkitty attacks
- Raptorsaurus eats Karkitty
- I ref

Also, Karkitty, I included Kid in your squad purely because it was very clear you intended to use him. If I hadn't been so kind, you would have had to battle at a disadvantage. Be more careful in future.

Last edited:
I will send out Naked Eye. (That's the Accelgor.)

(I would also like to note that my Sentret is now in my active squad and holding an EXP Share. Just confirming it.)

Last edited:
Really?

Block the leers with a substitute (as small as possible), keep it staring, and test out what type your hidden power is.

Substitute (10%) ~ Encore ~ Hidden Power

1v1 Single

A large concrete circle that rests on the backs of thousands of decomposing bugs. Cheering swarms of Venipede and Weedle watch from the stands, cheering for the jousting opponents.

Pre-round Notes
Goodness, trainers come across all kind of strange places on their travels. This one is a definite high point in said strangeness: a concrete circle, sitting on the rotting corpses of many tiny bugs. Not only that, but it seems to be some kind of colosseum, since there are stands all around, full of Venipede and Weedle, cheering for the combatants. And the three trainers have flown in, two taking their places at the ends of the colosseum, the third taking one of the seats in the front row of the stands; a Venipede crawls up on top of her head for a better view. The trainers send out two bugs of their own, one that is apparently some kind of ninja and one with metallic armor; they look around at the cheering crowds in amazement. Their attention snaps back to one another, though, as the referee signals for the battle to begin.

Team Karkat Vantas
1imko5.jpg

Accelgor
Kid (Male)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Substitute (10%) ~ Encore ~ Hidden Power

Team Raptorsaurus
1imko5.jpg

Escavalier
Kabutan (Male)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Leer ~ Leer ~ X-Scissor

Round 1 Begin!

Accelgor being far faster than Escavalier, Kid is the first to move. He closes his eyes in concentration and then emits a ripple of energy that sinks into the ground beneath him, followed by a nigh-imperceptable shifting of the battlefield; suddenly, many of the tiny, decomposing bug corpses, seemingly reanimated, begin crawling up the sides of the concrete circle, heading fo r a central point in front of Kid. They begin climbing up on top of one another, shaping themselves into a rough mimicry of an Accelgor; this done, the whole monstrosity begins moving as one, as though it were alive and a coherent whole. Kid eyes his creation with some distaste as Kabutan finally begins his own move. He struggles to make eye contact with Kid, who is bobbing around and hiding behind his rotting substitute. Giving up, he just glares at the general area, putting out a very slight amount of dark energy in the process.

Kid grins, unseen by Kabutan. Then he prepares his mental energies for his next move, and begins emitting a hypnotic suggestion before shouting to Kabutan. "Kabutan - please don't do that again, it really scared me! I can barely bring myself to attack!" Overly dramatic speech aside, the hypnotic suggestion takes hold, and Kabutan gets a very solid idea that he should continue using Leer. He glares at the lump of wiggling maggots once more, and Kid mimes quaking in fear.

Kid is grinning widely under his mask now - just about everything seems to be going his way. He prepares for his next move, hoping the outcome is something desirable: he gathers his energy and then lets it go, at which point it manifests as what appears to be a ripple in reality. It spreads outwards and flows around Kabutan, and he seemingly bursts into flames; the fire dies away after a second, but he is left in severe pain. He tries to counterattack, but finds himself unable to do anything other than glare uselessly at his opponent.

Round 1 End!

Team Karkat Vantas
1imko5.jpg

Accelgor
Kid (Male)
Health: 90%
Energy: 86%
Status: Everything's going my way~ Attack +1, Hidden Power fire-typed.
Attacks Used: Substitute (10%) ~ Encore ~ Hidden Power
Ani617MS.png
Substitute
Health:
10%

Team Raptorsaurus
1imko5.jpg

Escavalier
Kabutan (Male)
Health: 84%
Energy: 94%
Status: *Glares menacingly* Attack +1, Encored (three more actions).
Attacks Used: Leer ~ Leer ~ Leer

Damage / Energy Calculations
Substitute - 10% health (Kid), 5% energy
Leer - 2% energy
Encore - 5% energy
Leer - 2% energy
Hidden Power - 16% damage, 4% energy (accuracy roll 54, needed 100 to miss)
Leer - 2% energy

Notes
- I can confirm that Sentret is, indeed, in your squad holding an experience share.
- Your profile calls your Accelgor Kid, and so Kid is how I shall refer to him.
- You rolled the best possible Hidden Power type.

Arena Notes
- Unchanged but for the fact that some of the rotten bug corpses are now part of Kid's substitute.

Next Round
- Karkitty Attacks
- Raptorsaurus Attacks
- I ref

Last edited:
Forgot to mention-- Final Gambit is banned as well. Just noticed I forgot this.

I don't think Kabutan used X-Scissor last round!

~~~

Oh wow, that is the best luck ever

Since it's stuck Encoring all of next round, spend some time stat-boosting with a Mud-Slap, followed by a pair of Acid Armors.

Mud-Slap ~ Acid Armor ~ Acid Armor

1v1 Single

Team Karkat Vantas
1imko5.jpg

Accelgor
Kid (Male)
Energy: 86%
Status: Everything's going my way~ Attack +1, Hidden Power fire-typed.
Commands: Mud-Slap ~ Acid Armor ~ Acid Armor
Ani617MS.png
Substitute
Health:
10%

Team Raptorsaurus
1imko5.jpg

Escavalier
Kabutan (Male)
Health: 84%
Energy: 94%
Status: *Glares menacingly* Attack +1, Encored (three more actions).
Commands: Leer ~ Leer ~ Leer

Round 2 Begin!

Both Kid and his trainer are overjoyed by now, their luck seems excellent today. Kid looks around for any mud that could be used in an attack - a concrete circle is sadly lacking, it seems. So he spits a tiny bit of acid onto the ground, which hisses and bubbles, liquifying into a perfect mud-consistency concrete substance, which Kid picks up and hurls it, hard, at Kabutan's eyes. The creature's visor is fairly protective, but cannot hope to eliminate the effects of the attack entirely - a sizeable clump of the goo gets in Kabutan's eyes, and he screeches, unable to rub them since he lacks hands. His eyes streaming, he takes the only action he is able to - he glares harshly at his foe's wriggling, maggoty substitute.

Now Kid begins a boost to his own stats, as opposed to a hindrance to his opponent's. His skin begins exuding a foul, poisonous mucousoid substance which quickly coats him, and he sighs - here is a feeling he's comfortable with. He naturally lives in slimy puddles, after all - he's perfectly comfortable in this slime, even if he's missing his accustomed steel armor.

Wait, is... is that his own armor that the foul Escavalier is wearing? Ooh, that scoundrel! Well, he'll show him, he'll... uh... well, not much, for the moment, his glaring opponent notes. All he really seems willing to do is exude some more foul slime, and wait for further commands as Kabutan glares at the maggoty mass. Finally, though, Kabutan feels the urge to continue glaring fading, and he feels that he can finally use another move.

Round 2 End!

Team Karkat Vantas
1imko5.jpg

Accelgor
Kid (Male)
Energy: 78%
Status: He has my helmet! My helmet! Attack +1, defense +4, Hidden Power fire-typed.
Attacks Used: Mud-Slap ~ Acid Armor ~ Acid Armor
Ani617MS.png
Substitute
Health:
10%

Team Raptorsaurus
1imko5.jpg

Escavalier
Kabutan (Male)
Health: 81%
Energy: 88%
Status: And what are you going to do about it, slimy creature. Just dare to challenge my honour. Attack +1, accuracy -1.
Attacks Used: Leer ~ Leer ~ Leer

Mud-Slap - 3% damage, 4% energy (accuracy roll 20, needed 100 to miss)
Leer - 2% energy
Acid Armor - 2% energy
Leer - 2% energy
Acid Armor - 2% energy
Leer - 2% energy

Notes
- The Bulbapedia article image for Acid Armor features a Shelmet using it. Coincidence? I THINK NOT. KARKITTY, YOU OBVIOUSLY ENGINEERED THIS SITUATION.

Arena Notes
- Unchanged but for the fact that some of the rotten bug corpses are now part of Kid's substitute and there's a slight depression in the ground from the Mud-Slap.

Next Round
- Raptorsaurus Attacks
- Karkitty Attacks
- I ref

alright kabutan, today just sucks. a lot. ): try to hit him with iron head if you can, and if he uses substitute then x-scissor it to death. otherwise stick to iron head.

Iron Head~Iron Head/X-Scissor~Iron Head/X-Scissor

Hm... harder set to counter here.

But I think you've got enough in Defense boosts to take it. Start with a Double Team to make yourself harder to hit (make as many clones as you can, which should be a lot considering you have 140 Speed). Then... HIDDEN POWER TIME!!!

Double Team ~ Hidden Power ~ Hidden Power

1v1 Single

Team Karkat Vantas
1imko5.jpg

Accelgor
Kid (Male)
Energy: 78%
Status: He has my helmet! My helmet! Attack +1, defense +4, Hidden Power fire-typed.
Commands: Double Team ~ Hidden Power ~ Hidden Power
Ani617MS.png
Substitute
Health:
10%

Team Raptorsaurus
1imko5.jpg

Escavalier
Kabutan (Male)
Health: 81%
Energy: 88%
Status: And what are you going to do about it, slimy creature. Just dare to challenge my honour. Attack +1, accuracy -1.
Commands: Iron Head ~ Iron Head / X-Scissor ~ Iron Head / X-Scissor

Round 3 Begin!

Kid grins beneath his mask yet again, then prepares to move just as fast as he can. Suddenly, he seems to disappear from the field; in actuality, he is moving faster than anyone present can see. He continues zipping around at an insane speed for a few seconds before stopping right in place, and as far as anyone can see, twelve identical Accelgor have appeared in midair, then turned to stare at Kabutan, grinning mockingly. Kabutan stares back in sheer puzzlement, then decides to simply go for it: he flies straight at one of the Accelgor with all the speed he can muster (read: not much) and smashes his head straight through a clone. It melts around him, and he growls in frustration; but really, how could he have been expected to hit it on the first turn?

Not that Kid minds - this is working very much to his advantage, after all. He closes his eyes, his clones mimicking him, and suddenly a wave of energy explodes out of each one. Only one of them actually strikes Kabutan, but it strikes hard, Kabutan screaming as he feels himself burning from the inside out; if he had knees he would drop to them, but he doesn't, so he simply lowers his arms. Then, suddenly, a new resolve strikes him, and he determines not to yield; he smashes his head through the nearest Accelgor, not surprised at all when it dissolves to nothing.

Kid is grinning maniacally by now, as he releases another wave of searing energy; when Kabutan smashes straight through another clone, this only makes his grin wider.

Round 3 End!

Team Karkat Vantas
1imko5.jpg

Accelgor
Kid (Male)
Energy: 59%
Status: MwahahaHAHAHAHA! Attack +1, defense +4, Hidden Power fire-typed; has eight clones.
Attacks Used: Double Team (11 clones) ~ Hidden Power ~ Hidden Power
Ani617MS.png
Substitute
Health:
10%

Team Raptorsaurus
1imko5.jpg

Escavalier
Kabutan (Male)
Health: 49%
Energy: 70%
Status: I shall not surrender! I shall preserve my honour! Attack +1, accuracy -1.
Attacks Used: Iron Head ~ Iron Head ~ Iron Head

Double Team - 11% energy
Iron Head - 6% energy (missed)
Hidden Power - 16% damage, 4% energy (accuracy roll 97, needed 100 to miss)
Hidden Power - 16% damage, 4% energy (accuracy roll 40, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- Holy moly that Double Team made a lot of clones.
- That one falls a little to interpretation, but I took it to be if Kid made a new Sub. Since he didn't, it was Iron Head all the way.

Arena Notes
- Unchanged but for the fact that some of the rotten bug corpses are now part of Kid's substitute and there's a slight depression in the ground from the Mud-Slap.

Next Round
- Karkitty Attacks
- Raptorsaurus Attacks
- I ref

I think he meant "new sub".

Anyway, FINISH HIM

Use Hidden Power, unless he protects. In which case Feint, which doesn't do nearly as much damage but it can damage through the protection!

Hidden Power/Feint x3

1v1 Single

Team Karkat Vantas
1imko5.jpg

Accelgor
Kid (Male)
Energy: 59%
Status: MwahahaHAHAHAHA! Attack +1, defense +4, Hidden Power fire-typed; has eight clones.
Commands: Hidden Power / Feint ~ Hidden Power / Feint ~ Hidden Power / Feint
Ani617MS.png
Substitute
Health:
10%

Team Raptorsaurus
1imko5.jpg

Escavalier
Kabutan (Male)
Health: 49%
Status: I shall not surrender! I shall preserve my honour! Attack +1, accuracy -1.
Commands: Protect ~ Iron Head ~ Iron Head

Round 4 Begin!

Kid is well on his way to victory here, and Kabutan knows it. So he decides to go on the defensive, raising his arms and shouting dramatically to form a translucent green shield around himself. Kid, grinning near-constantly, launches himself at Kabutan, him and his clones making an elaborate pretense of a strike; Kabutan, thinking that his opponent's attack has been used, drops the shield. He is shocked, then, when Kid and his clones dash towards him and throw themselves into him, before darting away; sure, his heavy armor protected him from the majority of the attack, but it was still a shock.

Kid is at the point of giggling, he's so happy; he and his clones release a burning wave of energy at their opponent, who screams, as expected. Then, just as expected, he smashes his head through a clone, which melts, as he expected. The scenario repeats itself, once more, as though they were in some kind of time-warp: wave of energy, scream, smash, dissolve, grin from Kid. Kabutan is getting quite tired by now; both he and Kid can tell the battle's going to be over soon.

Round 4 End!

Team Karkat Vantas
1imko5.jpg

Accelgor
Energy: 47%
Status: I'm gonna win, I'm gonna win~ Attack +1, defense +4, Hidden Power fire-typed; has eight clones.
Attacks Used: Feint ~ Hidden Power ~ Hidden Power
Ani617MS.png
Substitute
Health:
10%

Team Raptorsaurus
1imko5.jpg

Escavalier
Kabutan (Male)
Health: 15%
Status: Well, at least I will go down honourably. Attack +1, accuracy -1.
Attacks Used: Protect ~ Iron Head ~ Iron Head

Feint - 2% damage, 4% energy (accuracy roll 61, needed 100 to miss)
Protect - 4% energy
Hidden Power - 16% damage, 4% energy (accuracy roll 39, needed 100 to miss)
Hidden Power - 16% damage, 4% energy (accuracy roll 27, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- That's how I took it!

Arena Notes

Next Round
- Raptorsaurus Attacks
- Karkitty Attacks
- I ref

1v1 Single

Team Karkat Vantas
1imko5.jpg

Accelgor
Energy: 47%
Status: I'm gonna win, I'm gonna win~ Attack +1, defense +4, Hidden Power fire-typed; has eight clones.
Commands: Bide (charge) (drop Double Team) ~ Bide (charge) ~ Bide (Release)
Ani617MS.png
Substitute
Health:
10%

Team Raptorsaurus
1imko5.jpg

Escavalier
Kabutan (Male)
Health: 15%
Status: Well, at least I will go down honourably. Attack +1, accuracy -1.
Commands: Protect ~ Iron Head ~ Iron Head

Round 5 Begin!

Kabutan moves amazingly quickly for once, seemingly unhindered by his heavy armor: he raises his lances high and does the bug-knight equivalent of a roar, and a shimmering green shield appears around him. He smirks at his opponent, who is going over his commands in his head - then he comes across something that gives him pause for thought. Dismiss his Double Team? Lose the clones that shield him from Kabutan's attacks? He turns to look at his trainer, but recieves a cold, emotionless glare, and so he takes a deep breath and suddenly darts forward, on a calculated path that takes him through each and every clone; they melt upon contact, and soon only he and his maggoty substitute are left on the field. Then he closes his eyes and concentrates, using an ancient and arcane technique, the only visible sign of which is a faint red aura beginning to appear.

Dropping his shield, Kabutan stares in puzzlement at his opponent. What is he doing? Why isn't he attacking, and why did he destroy the duplicates? Still, he's not one to look a gift Horsea in the snout - he lowers his visor and prepares to smash into the writhing lump of maggots. He does so, ramming straight through the clone; pieces of maggots fly everywhere, and Kabutan recoils in disgust. And still Kid does nothing, though his aura seems to be growing bigger and is now reaching out tentacles towards him.

And then suddenly, the technique is over. The aura suddenly doubles in size, writhing and reaching for him, then explodes outwards; a huge wave of searing energy expands in all directions, striking Kabutan, the trainers, and all the cheering Venipede and Weedle, who suddenly stop cheering. The referee is safe, since she knew to protect herself (with the help of her Reuniclus); everyone else wasn't so lucky. Seems a lot of battles wind up with Karkat injured by his own Pokémon's move, she muses.

Kabutan still has a little life left in him, though, and he pulls himself painfully up; he charges at the miraculously unharmed maggoty mass, smashing what little remained of it to pieces. He mutters in disgust - this stuff will take forever to get off his armor.

Round 5 End!

Team Karkat Vantas
1imko5.jpg

Accelgor
Energy: 36%
Status: Oh, go down already. Attack +1, defense +4, Hidden Power fire-typed.
Attacks Used: Bide (charge) (drop Double Team) ~ Bide (charge) ~ Bide (Release)

Team Raptorsaurus
1imko5.jpg

Escavalier
Kabutan (Male)
Health: 5%
Energy: 54%
Status: You have smudged my armor! And, uh, insulted my honour! Attack +1, accuracy -1.
Attacks Used: Protect ~ Iron Head ~ Iron Head

Bide - 2% energy
Protect - 4% energy
Bide - 2% energy
Iron Head - 5% damage, 6% energy (accuracy roll 36, needed 90 or above to miss)
Bide - 10% damage, 7% energy (accuracy roll 77, needed 100 to miss)
Iron Head - 5% damage, 6% energy (accuracy roll 74, needed 90 or above to miss)

Notes
- Without being told to wait, Kid was too fast to absorb both Iron Heads.
- Sorry Karkitty, I know you wantes this finished by the weekend's end :(

Arena Notes
- There's a slight depression in the ground from the Mud-Slap.
- There are maggot corpses littering the field.
- The cheering Venipede and Weedle are cheering no more.
- Karkat Vantas and Raptorsaurus have been pretty badly hurt by the Bide.
- The referee is unharmed.

Next Round
- Karkitty Attacks
- Raptorsaurus Attacks
- I ref

Back
Top Bottom