• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The QUILTBAG Club (formerly the LGBT club)

I could sort of get my head around it if we're talking about violence pre-watershed or something, but kissing? Really? There's kissing in every bloody Disney movie that we show to kids who aren't even school-age! I can't begin to understand the reasoning behind this. Are they going to pass legislation that makes it illegal for couples to kiss in public, too?

I think it really is just a way of getting gays off TV, and you can bet that if it did go through there'd still be a lot more straight "kissing + such" than homosexual.

Well first, the words "The Sun reports" are there, so I'm taking it with a pinch of salt, but if it is true, I am seriously angry.

...why did that get more outraged posts than the article about the transwoman getting beaten? Not gonna lie, that really shook me.

Last edited:
...why did that get more outraged posts than the article about the transwomen getting beaten? Not gonna lie, that really shook me.

It's the difference between groups of violent homophobic extremists (relatively easy to deal with) and an utterly ingrained societal and cultural norm (not so much).

It's the difference between groups of violent homophobic extremists (relatively easy to deal with) and an utterly ingrained societal and cultural norm (not so much).
I suppose so.

The story struck a personal cord with me so I'm just really upset right now.

That story was absolutely disgusting, and I actually had nothing to say about it. There was nothing I could say about it other than how disgusting it was, so ... I didn't say anything!

Also, what did we actually expect from a Conservative-led coalition? Srs?

...why did that get more outraged posts than the article about the transwomen getting beaten? Not gonna lie, that really shook me.
it's easier to say things when you're more angry than sad
I just cried at the trans girl being beaten, whereas I was like FUCK at the banning gay kisses thing

Also, what did we actually expect from a Conservative-led coalition? Srs?

Forgive me for not knowing shat about English politics, but haven't the Conservatives become more gay-friendly in recent years? I read somewhere they're all for civil unions and stuff, at least.

Yes, the Tories are somewhat less homophobic than they were, but 'civil unions and stuff' don't mean crap when your Prime Minister thinks that gay kisses are icky. Ugh. I hate having to call Cameron 'my' Prime Minister. Independence please.

Wow, is that the Scottish Parliament elections on Thursday? I wonder who I will vote for? I dunno, maybe the party(ies) actively pushing for same-sex marriage? Or the one who doesn't want us stuck with Cameron and the Knob Brigade forever.

Yes, the Tories are somewhat less homophobic than they were, but 'civil unions and stuff' don't mean crap when your Prime Minister thinks that gay kisses are icky. Ugh. I hate having to call Cameron 'my' Prime Minister. Independence please.

While I agree with you entirely of course, I'm pretty sure it was Nick Griffin of the BNP who called gay kissing in public 'icky', was it not?

Well, I wasn't really quoting directly... but sure! I'm... sure that probably happened!

(semi-related to current conversation)

Am I the only one who thought it was a bit cheeky to invite Elton John and his husband to the royal wedding? Obviously, everyone wants their friends and family with them 'on the big day', and it'd obviously be awkward and rude to not invite your gay friends/family members, but there's something rather off about having the biggest wedding in several decades and then inviting people who aren't allowed to get married at all.

Well, I mean, I can kind of understand that, but like ... I don't think they really thought of it like that. I think it was more of an "Elton was a really close friend of our mother and he's done some cool stuff and we like him so let's invite him", and then they didn't think about the whole "but he's a GAYYYYY" or something. idek.

Also Harry was invited to the wedding and he had to play a role! Awkward as. (:P)

but yeah even though the Conservatives have been all "sure wev" about gays lately, that's really only because they can't afford to NOT do that without alienating a huge number of their voters. I think if they had their way they'd go right back to what it was like before.

Hurr, to be honest I'd rather the Tories were out and out homophobic and stand by their principles than veil it. That would make the decision easier for me whether to join the LibDems or the Tories.

Hahah, earlier today, right, my father was here in the house for some reason and there was an obviously gay man with a moustache on TV. Cue joke, explanation of joke etc, and then he comes out with the gem "Me and my brother Chris can spot them [gays] anywhere."

And I was like "hahaha you've been living with one for like twenty years, neither you nor chris have spotted that" (in my head, since I'm not out.) But it amused me.

Joining.

So I'm asexual. And I also feel transgender: female body, 100% male mind.

As much as I want to be a boy, I know that my parents won't accept it. After all, my mom was watching tv with me and saw a commercial for a program about transsexuals.

And her remark? "That's just disgusting."

:(

That is fucked up! That's one of the reasons I love British tv! They were so open! Any more news on it yet?

Back
Top Bottom