• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

SomeGuy vs. Mad MOAI

Eh, why not.

Format: 2v2 single
Battle Style: Set
DQ: standard week
Dam. Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: direct healing, OHKO's
Arena: The Plateau

A relatively tall rise, overlooking a medium-sized pit. Moves that require a lot of movement have a 50% chance to knock the user off. Moves that propel the target do as well. Being knocked off instantly knocks out the Pokemon.

If it sounds a little vague, I do apologize.

Team SomeGuy
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

vulpixFirefox (♀)
Ability: Chlorophyll
Health: 70%
Energy: 53%
+1 Attack, +1 Defense, -1 Speed
Commands: Captivate ~ Energy Ball ~ Extrasensory

Team Mad MOAI
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

nosepassLuminas (♂)
Ability: Magnet Pull
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Sandstorm ~ Stone Edge ~ Stone Edge

Round Five Begin!

After recalling Nyasha, Mad MOAI sent out her second and final Pokémon of the battle - a rather large, animated blue rock with a red nose. Both trainers gave out their commands, and got ready for the next phase of the battle.

Firefox, despite her Curse, was still the fastest Pokémon, and started off the round by pushing back the tuft of fur on her head and smiling cutely at her opponent, attempting to distract him. Luminas noticed her and was caught off guard by this, but then blinked and tried to clear his head. He didn't want to hurt her... but he had to... until eventually, he decided that the battle had to take first priority and summoned up a large, whirling sandstorm over the entirety of the arena. Unfortunately, for him at least, Firefox was still visible in his mind's eye, and continued to distract him even though his vision of his opponent was obscured.

The sandstorm, despite causing no harm to Luminas, annoyed Firefox quite severely. Not only was the stream of sand painful, but also blocked out her vision. Nevertheless, she continued on with her commands, forming a green ball of natural energy in front of her and firing it out at what looked like her target. A faint moan from the other side of the arena confirmed her aim. Luminas, on the other hand, had assembled a somewhat sizable collection of large, pointy rocks, and with a single throw, launched them at Firefox. Soaring over the arena, they landed with a thud at the bottom of the pit, having sailed straight over their intended target.

Firefox was bemused by this turn of events. Not only did her attacks have perfect accuracy, but her opponent's didn't. Smiling, she focused her will on her opponent, mapping out his mind's structure, and then mentally barraged the areas of weakness with pure psychic energy. At home in this sandy whirlwind, however, she found it hard to fully penetrate her Luminas's thoughts. She frowned at this, and then proceeded to frown even more as a second onslaught of rocks flew across the arena, this time hitting their target. Almost in response to this, the wind picked up and blew another blast of sand onto Firefox, dealing mild damage - well, mild compared to that last attack.

Round Five End!

Team SomeGuy
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

vulpixFirefox (♀)
Health: 49%
Energy: 38%
Commands: Captivate ~ Energy Ball ~ Extrasensory

Team Mad MOAI
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

nosepassLuminas (♂)
Health: 89%
Energy: 82%
-2 Special Attack
Commands: Sandstorm ~ Stone Edge (missed) ~ Stone Edge

Ref Notes:
  • Sandstorm is active, and will be for another 2 rounds
  • Stone Edge missed on the second action.
  • For some reason, I found the Captivate description unusually difficult to write, and that along with procrastination doesn't help either. I apologize for almost missing the deadline, and I'll try to write the next one more quickly.
  • Mad MOAI commands first next round.

Last edited:
Hm. I've never really been that fond of low accuracy (below 90 is "low" for me), but it's either that or falling off so I'll just have to stick with Stone Edge. But first, use Lock On, and then try Stone Edge again. Not really sure what to do other than do it again... better get rid of this Vulpix before you lose too much health.

Lock-On ~ Stone Edge ~ Stone Edge

One of the super-effective attacks missed. Yay! Go for another Energy Ball, then try hitting it with Iron Tail. Finish up with a Disable, targeting Stone Edge.

Energy Ball~Iron Tail~Disable

derp server error

Last edited:
Eh, why not.

A relatively tall rise, overlooking a medium-sized pit. Moves that require a lot of movement have a 50% chance to knock the user off. Moves that propel the target do as well. Being knocked off instantly knocks out the Pokemon.

Team SomeGuy
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

vulpixFirefox (♀)
Health: 49%
Energy: 38%
Commands: Energy Ball ~ Iron Tail ~ Disable (Stone Edge)

Team Mad MOAI
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

nosepassLuminas (♂)
Health: 89%
Energy: 82%
-2 Special Attack
Commands: Lock-On ~ Stone Edge ~ Stone Edge

Round Six Begin!

Firefox was struggling to stay on her feet. Given the attacks from Nyasha, as well as the Stone Edge she had taken from her new opponent, this was hardly surprising. However, she wasn't quite finished yet. Crouching down and concentrating, she summoned a ball of glowing natural energy from her surroundings which she fired at her opponent. Luminas, in response to this attack, created a thin beam of red light, pointing directly at Firefox. She tried to dodge the beam by pacing left and right, but to no avail - the attack remained perfectly targeted on her.

Suddenly realizing why he used that last attack in the first place, Firefox decided to take revenge. Well, revenge and following her trainer's commands, that is. With her tail glowing a brilliant white, she leapt out at her opponent and slammed it at him - but was slightly confused when she kept spinning long after she was supposed to have hit her target. When she looked up, she saw Luminas standing in front of her, with a pile of sharpened stones in his arms. Oh. This can't be good, Firefox thought, and when the large rocks hit her in the side, she was, although not very surprised, quite angry with her opponent.

She wasn't having a good day, after all. Normally, getting stranded on a giant plateau in the middle of nowhere was bad enough, but Firefox was getting badly hurt in this battle, and didn't really want it to go on much longer. Nevertheless, she had to follow orders, and at least after this, she should be safe from those nasty Stone Edge attacks. Focusing on her opponent, she invaded his mind and blocked out the area for that last attack. Grinning, she watched a shadow off in the distance struggle with interpreting his commands, trying to work out what to do, and eventually just sitting down in confusion.

Round Six End!

Team SomeGuy
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

vulpixFirefox (♀)
Health: 31%
Energy: 20%
Commands: Energy Ball ~ Iron Tail ~ Disable (Stone Edge)

Team Mad MOAI
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

nosepassLuminas (♂)
Health: 77%
Energy: 64%
-2 Special Attack, Disabled (Stone Edge, 3 actions)
Commands: Lock-On ~ Stone Edge ~ Stone Edge (disabled)

Ref Notes:
  • Sandstorm is active, and will be for another 1 round.
  • I've decided to switch to Kratos's advanced scale now, so the calculations may seem a little strange. However, if they seem a lot strange, tell me and I'll try to fix them.
  • SomeGuy commands first next round.

Yes! Thank you, o great RNG gods! Hm. Chill on the first action, then Dig a hole. That ought to shield you from the sand but not make a difference in the long run. And, uh, come up on the next action to hit Luminas.

Chill~Dig (two actions)

Last edited:
Hmm. First Toxic while she chills, then ... Harden, and Protect next so you don't get hit by the attack.

Toxic ~ Harden ~ Protect

Eh, why not.

Team SomeGuy
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

vulpixFirefox (♀)
Health: 31%
Commands: Chill ~ Dig (down) ~ Dig (up)

Team Mad MOAI
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

nosepassLuminas (♂)
Energy: 64%
-2 Special Attack, Disabled (Stone Edge, 3 actions)
Commands: Toxic ~ Harden ~ Protect

Round Seven Begin!

Although Firefox was quite pleased by the results of last round, she was not exactly in the best shape, and was running out of energy. Needing to rest, she lied down on the floor of the arena and curled up to take a nap. Unfortunately, she was rudely interrupted by Luminas opening her mouth and spitting out at her a blob of highly poisonous toxins. Shivering, she watched as the goo hit her skin and dissolved, spreading into her bloodstream.

Sick from the poison, and hurt by the raging sandstorm, Firefox decided that the safest place was underground. Scraping at the ground with her forepaws, she eventually managed to dig a fairly deep hole into the ground, which she promptly jumped down into, seeking safety from the harsh weather. Luminas, in the meantime, chose to boost her defenses by causing the rock slightly below her to liquefy and rise up towards her, slightly thickening the layer of rock surrounding her body and making her more resilient to physical attacks.

All the while, Firefox had been waiting underground, and eventually figured that she should attack. Digging up again, but this time at a slight angle, she kept going until she saw light at the end of the tunnel, but when she looked out, she saw that she was on the side of the arena. Slowly walking backwards to the start of the tunnel, she then ran forwards, and at the last second turned around and grabbed onto the plateau's edge, launching herself upwards towards Luminas. Unluckily, Luminas came prepared, and had already raised a green-blue shield around himself, off of which Firefox bounced back to the middle of the arena. Seeing the sandstorm finally clear, she ran back to her starting space, thankful that she could see clearly again.

Round Seven End!

Team SomeGuy
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

vulpixFirefox (♀)
Health: 27%
Energy: 17%
+1 Attack, +1 Defense, -1 Speed, Poisoned (toxic, 1% damage /round)
Commands: Chill ~ Dig (down) ~ Dig (up)

Team Mad MOAI
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

nosepassLuminas (♂)
Energy: 50%
-2 Special Attack, +1 Defense
Commands: Toxic ~ Harden ~ Protect

Ref Notes:
  • Mad MOAI commands first next round.

Not really sure what to do here other than be a bit defensive. Stomping might work, but it could knock you off... I guess Chill first, and then Rock Throw. Then Hidden Power.

Chill ~ Rock Throw ~ Hidden Power

Eh, why not.

Team SomeGuy
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

vulpixFirefox (♀)
Health: 27%
Energy: 17%
+1 Attack, +1 Defense, -1 Speed, Poisoned (toxic, 1% damage /round)
Commands: Chill ~ Zen Headbutt ~ Zen Headbutt

Team Mad MOAI
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

nosepassLuminas (♂)
Energy: 50%
Commands: Chill ~ Rock Throw ~ Hidden Power

Round Eight Begin!

With both of the competitors having fought hard over the last few rounds, they were somewhat starved of energy. So, rather than a spectacular start to the round, this one began with both Pokémon simply lying down and taking a short nap. However, once they had got back up again, the real battle was ready to begin, and it started with Firefox meditating in place, her head crouched down, before she rushed out at Luminas and hit him straight on, sending him tumbling backwards off the cliffs surrounding the arena. Mad MOAI rushed to the edge and withdrew him before he reached the ground, and then reached for another Poké Ball, but then she remembered each trainer was only allowed to bring two Pokémon - that was the end of the match. After a few seconds, a metal walkway extended across the arena towards the edge of the pit, which the two participants walked across. At the end of the path was the referee, who gave each of the battlers their prizes and sent out his Abra to teleport them home to Asber.

Round Eight End!

Team SomeGuy
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

vulpixFirefox (♀)
Health: 25%
+1 Attack, +1 Defense, -1 Speed, Poisoned (toxic, 2% damage /round)
Commands: Chill ~ Zen Headbutt

Team Mad MOAI
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg

nosepassLuminas (♂)
Health: 0%
Energy: 60%
Commands: Chill

Ref Notes:
  • Sorry about that, Mad MOAI - you and this arena don't really get along. It's a shame that both of your Pokémon had to faint by falling, but blame the RNGods for that.
  • Nice match, everybody! If I recall correctly, that should be 3 experience to Firefox, 1 exp. to Nyasha and 1 exp. to Luminas, $16 for SomeGuy, $10 for me and $3 for Mad MOAI.

Alright, Firefox! I honestly didn't expect you to last that long. Thanks for the battle, MOAI, and, uh, sorry for the kinda boring ending!

Uh, you're welcome. That ending was sort of anticlimactic... I haven't won a battle before, either, so that was expected.

I would think Nosepass is too heavy to be shoved that far by such a small opponent, but that's the RNG for you...

Back
Top Bottom