• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[11] Mawile vs Mai (Ref: Squornshellous Beta)

Negrek

busy dizzy lazy
Staff member
1 vs 1
DQ Time: 3 Days
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills, direct healers
Terrain: Castelia City Square

Castelia City is the gateway to Unova, its port welcoming trainers from around the world. Today those trainers include a fair number from Asber, turned out to compete or spectate on the first round of the League Championship. The city square at the center of Castelia has been reserved for the first round of battle, its broad cobbled expanse providing plenty of room to fight and the central fountain offering a refuge for pokémon that would rather swim than stand. Skyscrapers rise on all sides, framing the scene with the imposing prosperity of Castelia City.

More than just Asber's own trainers have turned out for the battles, though; plenty of curious Castelia residents and tourists mill about the rim of the arena, hoping to catch a few exciting battles. To ensure that they don't go unsatisfied, the regional authorities have generously--and forcefully--provided some of Unova's most powerful pokémon for the trainers to test-drive and show off for the crowd. Unfortunately, with the number of battles that need to be run through before the TCoD League's lease on the square expires, some of the fights might have to be truncated a bit.

For this battle, you will be using a pokémon on loan from the Unova League. Your choices are below. The first player will get first pick of pokémon, and the second will make their pick and then attack as usual. This match will be capped at five rounds. If both pokémon are still standing at the end of round five, the pokémon's health and energy will be added together and the one with the most will be declared the winner.

The pokémon:

Eelektross (F) <Levitate>
Accelgor (M) <Sticky Hold>
Escavalier (F) <Shell Armor>
Archeops (F) <Defeatist>

1. Mawile chooses a pokémon
2. Mai chooses a pokémon and attacks
3. Mawile attacks

Do any of the pokemon hold an item? I'd assume not, because it wasn't mentioned, but...

Anyway, I'll be taking the accelgor anyway. I'll be referring to him as Tuft.

So Tuft! Even though you don't really have a held item to make use of your ability, I think it'll be fine as it is for now. Anyway, start out by using double team (to increase evasion).

After that use toxic, unless the eleektross protects/detects/is unhittable or unable to be statused, in which case you should use curse*. Even though speed is your best stat, I'd say that nothing bad could really happen by lowering it a bit. After all, it'd probably be a bit ridiculous if one stat reduction lowered ~100 points, and all that really matters is that you're faster in the end.

Then use venoshock. If you cursed last turn then use toxic instead, and if he protects/detects/ is unhittable then use curse.

*You're reffing this, right Negrek? Do you determine speed drops by lowering the stat by ten points? If it isn't I'd like to redo some things, but I don't think conditionals could account for that sort of thing because my pokemon couldn't know that the speed drop would make him slower than the eleektross.

Double team~ Toxic/ Curse~ Venoshock/ Curse/ Toxic

EDIT: Why did I not see Ref: Squornshellous Beta in the title? :/ Anyway, do you still do stat drops like that? I saw in the Rules that you did, although I can't remember how old that post was.

Last edited:
1 vs 1

Castelia City is the gateway to Unova, its port welcoming trainers from around the world. Today those trainers include a fair number from Asber, turned out to compete or spectate on the first round of the League Championship. The city square at the center of Castelia has been reserved for the first round of battle, its broad cobbled expanse providing plenty of room to fight and the central fountain offering a refuge for pokémon that would rather swim than stand. Skyscrapers rise on all sides, framing the scene with the imposing prosperity of Castelia City.

More than just Asber's own trainers have turned out for the battles, though; plenty of curious Castelia residents and tourists mill about the rim of the arena, hoping to catch a few exciting battles. To ensure that they don't go unsatisfied, the regional authorities have generously--and forcefully--provided some of Unova's most powerful pokémon for the trainers to test-drive and show off for the crowd. Unfortunately, with the number of battles that need to be run through before the TCoD League's lease on the square expires, some of the fights might have to be truncated a bit.

For this battle, you will be using a pokémon on loan from the Unova League. Your choices are below. The first player will get first pick of pokémon, and the second will make their pick and then attack as usual. This match will be capped at five rounds. If both pokémon are still standing at the end of round five, the pokémon's health and energy will be added together and the one with the most will be declared the winner.
Pre-round Notes
This is the biggest event in the ASB year, and the crowds that have gathered seem aware of this. There's an enormous throng of cheering Castelians behind the fencing - those residing outside Castelia tend to opt to watch it on TV instead - and being held back by the combined efforts of a team of League Reuniclus, forming a barrier around the arena. Some guy in a suit comes hurrying up to the battlers, holding two Pokéballs. Each battler takes one, and they send out their Pokémon dramatically: one burst of light forms into an Eelektrik, the other an Accelgor. The trainers give their commands as dramatically as they can, and the referee - excited to be a part of all this - signals the round to begin.

Team Mawile
1imko5.jpg

Eelektross
(Female)
Ability: Levitate
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Status: Hmm - who have I had the misssfortune to be battling for thisss time?
Commands: Rain Dance ~ Facade ~ Thunder

Team Mai
1imko5.jpg

Accelgor
Tuft (Male)
Ability: Sticky Hold
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Double Team ~ Toxic / Curse ~ Venoshock / Curse / Toxic

Round 1 Begin!

To begin the battle, the newly-dubbed Accelgor begins darting around, moving at an already-incredible pace and somehow speeding up from there, quickly becoming almost invisible to the naked eye. When he then comes to a sudden stop, there are eleven, identical Accelgor trailing behind him, mimicking his every move - inciting an enormous cheer from the crowd. The nameless Eelektross hisses, and opts for an attack that will make her feel more at home: her markings glow a bright white color and she roars into the air, and almost instantly clouds begin to form, and after a few seconds rain begins pouring. It also, as a bonus that she did not expect, falls through the illusory Accelgor, causing them to flicker and dissolve.

Accelgor hisses - those were his duplicates and that stupid snakething had to go and destroy them! Well, he's not going to stand for that! He begins drawing toxins from various sources in his body, concentrating them into a thick, toxic sludge in his mouth and then spitting it at the Eelektross. It lands on her tail, and quickly soaks through her skin to enter her body, flowing through her bloodstream and making her retch violently. Once she recovers, she charges towards Tuft, tackling him to the ground and beating him relentlessly with the sinewy coils of her body - how dare that thing get that muck on her! And worse, it's made her nearly sick! No way that thing's getting away unpunished! When she at last pulls herself together and manages to calm down, Tuft is groaning on the ground.

But she's underestimated Tuft's recovery abilities. Within a few minutes Tuft is up again, albeit shakily - drawing yet another massive cheer - and begins mixing up another, different cocktail of chemicals. He shudders - it tastes absolutely foul - and spits it at Eelektross; it hits in the same place as the earlier Toxic, and reacts violently, spitting and bubbling and burning Eelektross' skin. She hisses, and then something snaps: Tuft is going to pay. She begins manipulating the ambient electricity in the clouds, and suddenly the entire sky seems to leap out of the way as an enormous lightning bolt sears down to strike Tuft, prompting an enormous scream from the Accelgor. Many of the crowd members look on in worry at the singed, steaming and apparently immobile Accelgor; he's still conscious, but he's clearly doing badly.

Round 1 End!

Team Mawile
1imko5.jpg

Eelektross
(Female)
Health: 84%
Energy: 82%
Status: I think thisss isss going in my favour. Badly Poisoned (2% this round, 3% next).
Attacks Used: Rain Dance ~ Facade ~ Thunder

Team Mai
1imko5.jpg

Accelgor
Tuft (Male)
Health: 69%
Energy: 77%
Attacks Used: Double Team ~ Toxic ~ Venoshock

Damage / Energy Calculations
Double Team - 11% energy
Rain Dance - 5% energy
Toxic - 4% energy (accuracy roll 24, needed 90 or above to miss)
Facade - 15% damage, 6% energy (accuracy roll 35, needed 100 to miss)
Venoshock - 14% damage, 8% energy (accuracy roll 84, needed 100 to miss)
Thunder - 16% damage, 7% energy

Notes
- Each Speed change is 10 points, yes.

Arena Notes
- The rain is pouring (three more rounds)

Next Round
- Mawile attacks
- Mai attacks
- I ref

Use Facade three times, but if he Protects, use Coil.

Facade/Coil ~ Facade/Coil ~ Facade/Coil

That'll hurt a lot, Tuft, but I think we can make it. Use acid spray twice and then giga drain.

Acid spray~ Acid spray~ Giga drain

I actually calculated everything in this round (not accounting for critical hits, but whatever) to see if this would work. If all goes according to plan, this'll close the gap a little bit.

1 vs 1

Team Mawile
1imko5.jpg

Eelektross
(Female)
Health: 84%
Energy: 82%
Status: I think thisss isss going in my favour. Badly Poisoned (2% this round, 3% next).
Commands: Facade / Coil ~ Facade / Coil ~ Facade / Coil

Team Mai
1imko5.jpg

Accelgor
Tuft (Male)
Health: 69%
Energy: 77%
Commands: Acid Spray ~ Acid Spray ~ Giga Drain

Round 2 Begin!

Once more concentrating venoms from his body into something he can use, Tuft launches a jet of what seems to be acid at his floating opponent. She hisses as it strikes, and as she contorts to look at the wound she sees an itchy, inflamed rash. She hisses violently, then hurls herself at Tuft, thrashing madly in some attempt to squash the Accelgor. It's regrettably unsuccessful, but it seems to have a marked effect on him anyway, even to the point of fracturing his protective exoskeleton.

Tuft screeches, then once again concentrates his body's toxins into a powerful acid. She spits it at the Eelektross before it can burn her mouth, and the attack draws a loud hissing from her as it hits her inflamed skin, worsening the rash. She glares at Tuft with hatred in her eyes, and once again begins throwing her coils against him madly, hurting him quite severely.

Time, he thinks, to make up for that. His eyes take on a green glow as he begins tapping into Eelektross' energy, and an aura of the same color begins surrounding her; it begins to pull itself away from her, and suddenly a large portion of what is, in fact, her life-energy tears itself from her and pours into Tuft. She hisses again - how dare he do that - before wrapping herself around him and coiling tightly - if he's going to just steal her energy, he is going to pay. After a few seconds she releases, leaving noticable marks where she's been.

Round 2 End!

Team Mawile
1imko5.jpg

Eelektross
(Female)
Health: 49% (CAPPED)
Energy: 64%
Status: You can't jussst sssteal my energy and get away with it! Special defense -4, Badly Poisoned (3% this round, 4% next).
Attacks Used: Facade ~ Facade ~ Facade

Team Mai
1imko5.jpg

Accelgor
Tuft (Male)
Health: 45% (CAPPED)
Energy: 69%
Attacks Used: Acid Spray ~ Acid Spray ~ Giga Drain

Acid Spray - 5% damage, 2% energy (accuracy roll 12, needed 100 to miss)
Facade - 15% damage, 6% energy (accuracy roll 64, needed 100 to miss)
Acid Spray - 9% damage, 2% energy (accuracy roll 34, needed 100 to miss)
Facade - 15% damage, 6% energy (accuracy roll 25, needed 100 to miss)
Giga Drain - 23% damage, restored 11% health, 4% energy (accuracy roll 75, needed 100 to miss)
Facade - 15% damage, 6% energy (accuracy roll 95, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- Giga Drain was a critical hit.

Arena Notes
- The rain is pouring (two more rounds)

Next Round
- Mai attacks
- Mawile attacks
- I ref

Last edited:
That's possibly the best thing to get a critical hit on! Good job, Tuft! Orders will be up in a second.

I have two questons. Does energy have a cap? And if so, is it separate from the damage cap?

EDIT: 'Kay then.

Sorry, Tuft! As awesome as it would be to energy!faint him using giga drain, we'd probably get killed in the process. Maybe next round. This round, I want you to use acid spray just one more time to lower his special defense. Then spam use giga drain twice, the first one targeting health and the second targeting energy. If the eel protects/dodges/does something so that you can't hit him then use acid armor instead (I've pretty much established that I'm going to attack specially now), and if he tries to paralyze you use substitute (large).

Acid spray/ Acid armor/ Substitute~ Giga drain (health)/ Acid armor/ Substitute~ Giga drain (energy)/ Acid armor/ Substitute

Hmm... Tuft, if I end up getting money anytime in the future, you just might end up on my team! You've been pretty fun to use. :3

Last edited:
1 vs 1

Team Mawile
1imko5.jpg

Eelektross
(Female)
Health: 22%
Energy: 37%
Status: You ssseem to think you'll get away with ssstealing my energy! Well, I've got newsss for you! Special defense -6, Badly Poisoned (4% this round, 5% next), Light Screen in effect (three more rounds)
Commands: Acrobatics / Coil ~ Acrobatics / Coil ~ Acrobatics / Coil

Team Mai
1imko5.jpg

Accelgor
Tuft (Male)
Health: 14%
Energy: 62%
Commands: Protect ~ Encore ~ Yawn

Round 4 Begin!

Tuft moves quickly, his eyes shimmering with a green light before a shield of the same color shimmers into existence in the air around him. Eelektross, recognizing that she won't be able to hurt Tuft even if she should try, begins contorting into a coiled posture that will, with any luck, allow her to withstand hits somewhat better. Grinning, Tuft lets his shield drop - he's got the setup well underway.

Grinning, he begins to compliment her on her attack. At the same time, he puts out a strong mental suggestion, setting the idea in her head that Coil is the best move to use. She hisses in a thoughtful way, seemingly considering the merits of it; then, suddenly, she tightens her coils, adding a couple of extra, minor ones. As Tuft is grinning, though, her shield suddenly fades away, and she looks around in shock; seeing that her protection is now absent, she glares at Eelektross. It must be her fault, after all.

Then Tuft suddenly yawns, very clearly and visibly. At the same time, he gives off yet another mental signal, and suddenly Eelektross feels very sleepy. Her hissing suddenly slows to a much lesser intensity as she struggles to stay awake. She forces her eyes to stay open, though, and begins coiling up even further; it looks like she's getting pretty tied up by now.

Suddenly, the unnatural rainstorm clears up; the clouds vanish from the sky quickly, leaving no sign but the wet ground that anything was ever amiss.

Round 4 End!

Team Mawile
1imko5.jpg

Eelektross
(Female)
Health: 17%
Energy: 29%
Status: It'sss hard to ssstay awake... Special defense -6, attack +3, defense +3, accuracy +3, Badly Poisoned (5% this round, 6% next)
Attacks Used: Coil ~ Coil ~ Coil

Team Mai
1imko5.jpg

Accelgor
Tuft (Male)
Energy: 48%
Attacks Used: Protect ~ Encore ~ Yawn

Protect - 4% energy
Coil - 2% energy
Encore - 5% energy (accuracy roll 6, needed 100 to miss)
Coil - 2% energy
Yawn - 4% energy
Coil - 2% energy

Notes
- I'm sorry for the short round. I couldn't think of much to describe them. The repetetiveness of Coil was a hindrance in that, too.

Arena Notes
- Unchanged.

Next Round
- Mai attacks
- Mawile attacks
- I ref

Last edited:
Acrobatics three times, but if he protects, use Coil.

Acrobatics/Coil ~ Acrobatics/Coil ~ Acrobatics/Coil

This... is workable! We might win this yet, Tuft!

Use protect so he'll use coil (not exactly the best option, but it's definitely the better of the two) and then encore that coil. Make absolutely sure that you won't be insulting him, but use yawn afterwards.

Protect~ Encore~ Yawn

1 vs 1

Team Mawile
1imko5.jpg

Eelektross
(Female)
Health: 22%
Energy: 37%
Status: You ssseem to think you'll get away with ssstealing my energy! Well, I've got newsss for you! Special defense -6, Badly Poisoned (4% this round, 5% next), Light Screen in effect (three more rounds)
Commands: Acrobatics / Coil ~ Acrobatics / Coil ~ Acrobatics / Coil

Team Mai
1imko5.jpg

Accelgor
Tuft (Male)
Energy: 62%
Commands: Protect ~ Encore ~ Yawn

Round 4 Begin!

Tuft moves quickly, his eyes shimmering with a green light before a shield of the same color shimmers into existence in the air around him. Eelektross, recognizing that she won't be able to hurt Tuft even if she should try, begins contorting into a coiled posture that will, with any luck, allow her to withstand hits somewhat better. Grinning, Tuft lets his shield drop - he's got the setup well underway.

Grinning, he begins to compliment her on her attack. At the same time, he puts out a strong mental suggestion, setting the idea in her head that Coil is the best move to use. She hisses in a thoughtful way, seemingly considering the merits of it; then, suddenly, she tightens her coils, adding a couple of extra, minor ones.

Then Tuft suddenly yawns, very clearly and visibly. At the same time, he gives off yet another mental signal, and suddenly Eelektross feels very sleepy. Her hissing suddenly slows to a much lesser intensity as she struggles to stay awake. She forces her eyes to stay open, though, and begins coiling up even further; it looks like she's getting pretty tied up by now.

Suddenly, the unnatural rainstorm clears up; the clouds vanish from the sky quickly, leaving no sign but the wet ground that anything was ever amiss.

Round 4 End!

Team Mawile
1imko5.jpg

Eelektross
(Female)
Health: 17%
Energy: 31%
Status: It'sss hard to ssstay awake... Special defense -6, attack +3, defense +3, accuracy +3, Badly Poisoned (5% this round, 6% next), Light Screen in effect (two more rounds)
Attacks Used: Coil ~ Coil ~ Coil

Team Mai
1imko5.jpg

Accelgor
Tuft (Male)
Energy: 48%
Attacks Used: Protect ~ Encore ~ Yawn

Protect - 4% energy
Coil - 2% energy
Encore - 5% energy (accuracy roll 6, needed 100 to miss)
Coil - 2% energy
Yawn - 4% energy
Coil - 2% energy

Notes
- I'm sorry for the short round. I couldn't think of much to describe them. The repetetiveness of Coil was a hindrance in that, too.

Arena Notes
- Unchanged.

Next Round
- Mai attacks
- Mawile attacks
- I ref

Wait, is light screen in effect or not? I think not, but I see two different reffings that say conflicting things.

Also, shouldn't the eelektross be asleep? It says in the attack guide that yawn puts the target to sleep after their next action, and the eelektross moved last.

EDIT:Okay.

We can do this, Tuft! Just stay confident and calm, and we will win this!

Anyway, assuming that light screen has worn off use giga drain three times (health). Just one giga drain should KO her, but of course we can't just assume that. If she uses protect just use acid armor. However, if she uses protect on the last action do nothing. It's not chilling, but there's no reason to waste energy.

Giga drain/ Acid armor~ Giga drain/ Acid armor~ Giga drain/ Nothing

Remember: You're faster than him, and all you need is one hit!

Last edited:
I think Squorn edited the wrong reffing to fix the light screen thing.

And it's the end of the next action, as in the one that follows the action on which yawn was used, so eelektross will presumably fall asleep at the end of the first action of next round.

Back
Top Bottom