• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Squornshellous Beta vs. Mewtini

Whirlpool

extemporaneous living
1vs1 single
Style: Set
DQ: Indefinite
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Sunny Day, anything that need materials that aren't in the arena (Surf, Sandstorm, Rock Tomb, and so on)
Arena: Zubat Hunting Ground

This is a pretty normal, standard field. It's the middle of the night - Zubat awake-time - so Sunny Day will fail and Synthesis would be at reduced capacity, but Moonlight would be at full effect; Solarbeam would take longer to charge up and be less powerful; and so on. Zubat, Golbat and occasionally Crobat will flit around the arena, but they won't actually affect the battle. No, the main effect comes from the fact that Zubat hunt at night, and so every second round, just after the end, the battlers will dart off for a light snack. They both, randomly, eat one of the following things.
Insect - a delicious treat, restores 5% health.
Nectar - sugary and delicious, restores 5% energy.
Pollen - from a Vileplume that's walking by, inflicts mild paralysis.
Fruit (fermented) - turning into alcohol, inflicts drunkenness (identical in effect to mild confusion).
Frogs - oozing with poison, inflicts mild poisoning.
Rodent - struggles madly and hard to hold, costs 5% energy.
Another bat / a bird - big and able to fight back, costs 5% health.

Other: Only Zubat may be used.

Squornshellous Beta's Zubat
ZubatDesa (F) <Inner Focus>

Mewtini's Zubat
ZubatBlind Echo (F) <Inner Focus>

- Uh, should we have a slightly longer to indefinite DQ time for you, Mewtini? Or do you think you can get on once a week?
- Mewtini sends out (rather uselessly) first, Squorn sends out and attacks, and then Mewtini attacks.

Last edited:
GEE I WONDER WHO I SHOULD USE
OH I KNOW
GO DESA

Hmmm. Let's try and mess with her.
Confuse Ray first. Then Secret Power - I'd like to note that this field is not domesticated grass - to try and get it to sleep. If it's asleep, try Zen Headbutt. If, for any reason, Confuse Ray wouldn't work properly, also Zen Headbutt, kay?

Confuse Ray / Zen Headbutt ~ Secret Power ~ Zen Headbutt

EDIT: Could you use my custom Zubat sprite for Desa? :D
[img]http://i54.tinypic.com/opsolh.jpg[/img]
opsolh.jpg

Last edited:
If Confuse Ray fails, use Attract.

Attract/Fly~Double Team~Supersonic

EDIT: Uh. If I'm allowed to, I'd like to take out the Attract and replace it with Giga Drain. So, the conditional for Attract would be placed on Giga Drain, and the commands would be

Giga Drain/Fly~Double Team~Supersonic

Last edited:
1vs1 single
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Sunny Day, anything that need materials that aren't in the arena (Surf, Sandstorm, Rock Tomb, and so on)

This is a pretty normal, standard field. It's the middle of the night - Zubat awake-time - so Sunny Day will fail and Synthesis would be at reduced capacity, but Moonlight would be at full effect; Solarbeam would take longer to charge up and be less powerful; and so on. Zubat, Golbat and occasionally Crobat will flit around the arena, but they won't actually affect the battle. No, the main effect comes from the fact that Zubat hunt at night, and so every second round, just after the end, the battlers will dart off for a light snack. They both, randomly, eat one of the following things.
Fruit (fermented) - turning into alcohol, inflicts drunkenness (identical in effect to mild confusion).

Looking over the carefully folded slip of paper in his hand, the ref raises his eyebrows; really, just the "hunting grounds" part of the location is rather vague, let alone the "Zubat" part. Soon enough, though, he pops out of thin air with a Ralts, and not one, not two, but three Zubat crash into his face. Sputtering, the ref climbs up an oak as Squornshellous Beta and Mewtini (having predetermined the location) giggle happily.

The hunting grounds themselves are just a gap in the dense forest, bordered by several fruit trees; most Pokémon know to steer well clear of the swarming bats, save for a curious Oddish or two. A warm breeze rustles the long grass as Mewtini tosses a sphere into the air; a bright flash of white ruins the trainers’ night vision as a shrill cry calls, revealing a Zubat. After some faked consternation, Squornshellous Beta does the same, and Desa joins the flock, zooming around. After both of the trainers shout commands, the ref waves his handy green flag, and the Zubat stand off.

Round 1

Squornshellous Beta (O)
opsolh.jpg

Desa (F) <Inner Focus>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Confuse Ray/Zen Headbutt ~ Secret Power ~ Zen Headbutt
- Trying to catch a mosquito.

Mewtini (O)
Zubat
Blind Echo (F) <Inner Focus>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Fly/Giga Drain ~ Double Team ~ Supersonic
- Calling inaudibly.

In a split second, Blind Echo shoots to the sky gleefully, toward the glittering stars. Desa, on the other hand, has a less cheerful disposition, frowning; the other Zubat’s streamlined body was moving rather fast, and rather high up, in the night. Too high, she thinks, sending several cries into the darkness; she twitches an ear in disdain when she hears nothing but the Golbat around her. Figuring she might as well make a show of it, she seems to become detached from the world around her, her mind strengthening its resolve. Glowing a gentle azure, Desa crashes into a random Crobat with a small bang; the purple bat is promptly sent flying into a tree. Echo, high above the display, decides she’s gone up far enough and abruptly changes direction, plunging headfirst into the field. Desa, meanwhile, has enough of a job below avoiding addled Zubat trying to crash into her, and she doesn’t notice a certain bat diving toward the ground. As she narrowly escapes from a horde of Golbat, Echo slams into her, knocking Desa to the ground.

Desa picks herself off the ground, slightly miffed; at least I can hear her now, the Zubat thinks before she clears her head once more. As she draws upon the wild nature of the field and forest around her, Blind Echo is racing around with vigor, as if chasing an evasive moth. Desa, by now, is used to the antics of Zubat, especially their speed, and she fires a spectacular beam radiating a grass-green at Echo. At first, it appears that it only throws the Zubat backwards, but as she tries to pick up her pace again, Echo becomes more and more sluggish; eventually she falls to the ground, apparently asleep.

Even if she doesn’t have insomnia, Echo still is a Zubat, and she sleeps fitfully on the ground, rolling over and squirming on the ground. Desa takes a moment to snicker at her misfortune, and still smirking, she sharpens her senses yet again, letting herself become unaware of the incessant squeaks of Zubat. In spite of her trance, Desa seems to have retained her direction, shooting toward Echo in a blue blur; the Zubat is flung into yet another bat with a flash of purple stars.

Echo starts to stir from unconsciousness, as if the strike disturbed her sleep, but falls back into a stupor as quickly as she arose; Desa looks curiously upon the odd Zubat and her strange sleep patterns.

Squornshellous Beta (O)
opsolh.jpg

Desa (F) <Inner Focus>
Health: 89%
Energy: 81%
Actions: Zen Headbutt ~ Secret Power ~ Zen Headbutt
- Chasing a tiger moth.

Mewtini (O)
Zubat
Health: 81%
Energy: 93%
Actions: Fly ~ [asleep] ~ [asleep]
- Twitching in her sleep. Asleep (Mild; 2 actions until Light).

Arena Notes: Normal Zubat-line hunting ground: bats swarming and squeaking everywhere (who might make it a little hard to sleep); there is an odd discolored patch of grass, though.

Notes:
- During this battle, you will: become acquainted with my ridiculously slow reffing (hopefully not), see my overuse of commas, semicolons, odd descriptions, and synonyms (not a question), experience some beginning and end ref fluff (may or may not be considered fluff, depending on how you see it, and possibly no end fluff), and…
- Mewtini’s conditional made speed order a little confusing, but Echo went first the first and third actions (not that it mattered), and Desa first on the second.
- Fly mechanics are confusing, so tell me if I have anything wrong.
- I think I interpreted your commands the way you meant them, Mewtini.
- Mewtini orders first.
- Oh, and my ridiculously long notes.

Forget strategy, let's just attack blindly. Zen Headbutt; if she wakes up Secret Power until she falls asleep and repeat.

Zen Headbutt / Secret Power ~ Zen Headbutt / Secret Power ~ Zen Headbutt / Secret Power

1vs1 single

Round 2

Squornshellous Beta (O)
opsolh.jpg

Desa (F) <Inner Focus>
Health: 89%
Energy: 81%
Commands: Zen Headbutt/Secret Power ~ Zen Headbutt/Secret Power ~ Zen Headbutt/Secret Power
- Perching from a branch.

Mewtini (O)
Zubat
Health: 81%
Energy: 93%
Commands: Sleep Talk ~ [nothing] ~ [nothing]
- Tossing and turning. Asleep (Mild; 2 actions until Light).

Desa is rather annoyed by the incessant squeaking and calling of the Zubat; despite being one herself, she thinks, do they really have to be that loud? Echo isn’t faring much better with the noise, fidgeting on the ground as if she were having a nightmare. The wonderfully oblivious (and deaf, though no fault of their own) trainers finally shout orders, waking up their half-conscious ref in the process, and the round begins with a sleepy wave of a flag.

Usually, Desa would feel somewhat bad about taking advantage of someone when they were asleep and helpless; this was a battle, though, even if it would be over soon enough. The Zubat clears her head of such nonsense, and soon, she appears to become hypnotized, now glowing a faint sky-blue. Undeterred by the sheer number of bats around her, Desa hones in perfectly onto Echo, crashing into her in a small explosion of light.

Thrown upwards into the air, Echo falls back to the ground with a thud and a barely-visible dust cloud; the Zubat remains asleep, however, albeit almost starting to stir and muttering a few odd words. At first, nothing appears to have happened, and Desa continues on in her trance uninterrupted; the Zubat soon rises from the ground, though, and oddly with no indication that she was still asleep other than her staggering motions and general clumsiness. Suddenly, star-shaped bursts of energy shoot from Echo’s mouth, illuminating the field as they all converge into Desa in a flash of light. While not blowing the Zubat backward, they do leave her somewhat shaken and bruised.

After that odd sleepwalk, Echo appears to settle down again, somehow still not awake yet. Despite her lack of consciousness, she hears her trainer’s commands quite clearly, for now content to just do, well, nothing in her current state. Desa, on the other hand, is somewhat startled by the sudden outburst. Nevertheless, she focuses her willpower once more, now without any hesitation on morals and ethics about the still-asleep Echo, and slams into her with streaks of pink and purple stars.

By now, Echo has been rudely awakened and is aching, but eager to do something in revenge against her seemingly power-crazy opponent. Nothing is all her trainer ordered and all she can settle for now, deciding baring her fangs would be quite enough for now. The other (far inferior, Echo thinks) Zubat is now dissatisfied at how Echo was actually flying – in front of her, no less – and not unconscious on the ground. Deciding a nice nap would fix her insolent behavior, Desa starts breathing as calmly a Zubat can, synchronizing herself with the energy forest and field. As Echo does her best to glare at her without eyes, she releases a ray of light as green as the leaves on the trees, knocking Echo back, but she ends up still awake.

Suddenly, both the Zubat feel an odd need to eat something, especially the battered Echo. Swooping from the air, they don’t quite see (or hear, rather) what they’re eating. Feeling slightly dizzy, Desa tries to keep a steady course, and instead, crashes into a tree. Echo isn’t faring much better – again – and starts to feel sick.

Squornshellous Beta (O)
opsolh.jpg

Desa (F) <Inner Focus>
Health: 85%
Energy: 62%
Actions: Zen Headbutt ~ Zen Headbutt ~ Secret Power
- Dizzy and feeling lopsided. Confused (Mild; 15% chance of being fully confused).

Mewtini (O)
Zubat
Health: 50%
Energy: 86%
Actions: Sleep Talk(Swift) ~ [nothing] ~ [nothing]
- Aching all over. "Poisoned" (Mild; 2%/round).

Arena Notes: Typical Zubat-line hunting ground: hordes of Zubat everywhere, insects everywhere, loud noises, etc. There are, however, oddly colored patches of grass around the field.

Notes:
- Uh, I edited my sleep mechanics between the two rounds, so you’ll see edited sleep mechanics after this sleep-round.
- Sleep Talk generated Swift (I’m not quite sure Sleep Talk uses all generations’ movepools; I think it does, but correct me if I’m wrong).
- Desa went first on the first action, then Echo on the second and third ones (not that it mattered, but).
- Desa ate fermented fruit; Blind Echo ate frogs. An RNG shrine wouldn’t be amiss, I think. (Also: Poison-types can’t be poisoned, but I’m assuming you just forgot about that and/or just wanted something that gives constant damage, so she’s "poisoned" for now.)
- Squornshellous Beta orders first.

Last edited:
Sleep Talk does indeed use all moves available to a Pokémon. And yes, the poisoning was an oversight on my part; we'll say that it works, though, maybe because it's a poison they're unfamiliar with.

Anyway! Desa. Secret Power till she's asleep again, then Zen Headbutt. If she tries to get you with a status condition, Safeguard, but only use it once. Also, if she has Double Team clones, don't waste your energy; Secret Power then too.
Secret Power / Zen Headbutt / Safeguard ~ Secret Power / Zen Headbutt / Safeguard ~ Secret Power / Zen Headbutt / Safeguard

Re: Squornshellous Beta vs. Psychtini

1vs1 single

Round 3

Squornshellous Beta (O)
opsolh.jpg

Desa (F) <Inner Focus>
Health: 85%
Energy: 62%
Commands: Secret Power/Zen Headbutt/Safeguard ~ Secret Power/Zen Headbutt/Safeguard ~ Secret Power/Zen Headbutt/Safeguard
- Flying around in circles. Confused (Mild; 15% chance of being fully confused).

Psychtini (O)
Zubat
Health: 50%
Energy: 88%
Commands: Zen Headbutt ~ Zen Headbutt ~ Zen Headbutt
- Wanting to throw up. "Poisoned" (Mild; 2%/round).

Teeth sharp and shining, Desa staggers in midair; feeling rather nice, she twirls around and abruptly crashes into another tree. Giggling, the black bat doesn’t even seem to notice, shooting around the field with a cloud of squeaking Zubat. Echo isn’t feeling nearly as well, retching as Psychtini looks on worriedly; struggling to overcome the constant ache in her stomach, she plasters on a halfhearted smirk. As the referee’s green flag waves off to the side, Echo flaps her wings with renewed ambition.

As Echo inhales deeply, Desa tries to steady herself, tilting from side to side; eventually she manages to hover over a patch of grass. The Zubat flashes a grin before opening her mouth wide, and a vibrant green glow spreads under her. Orbs of light rise, swirling around Desa, and she spits a beam of light, glimmering emerald; it slams into Echo with a small flash, sending her sprawling into the air.

Echo chitters indignantly while she flutters closer to the ground. Sighing, the blue bat clears her head; her breathing starting to slow, Echo’s head begins to shine brightly, shifting from an azure the color of the sea to a faint pink. She tackles Desa with another flash of purple; Desa crashes into a horde of Golbat , clumsily dodging bites and slashes. Echo chuckles with spite as the Zubat dives from several bats in chase.

Her laughter is cut short, however, as yet another dazzlingly jade-green ray shoves Echo into the ground. Launching back into the sky, she sighs as she twists around a group of Golbat, wondering how many more of these glittering lights there were going to be. While she begins to meditate once more, however, Echo admits to herself the lights were pretty.

The blue-and-purple bat’s heart rate slows for a moment before an umbrella of light illuminates the field, and Echo smashes into Desa, flashing a sapphire brilliance. Desa again finds her face in a new tree, sliding to the ground in pain.

Before the black bat can pick herself back up again, though, Echo slips back into that now-familiar state of mind; she headbutts Desa once more, the sapphire brilliance now a blinding sky-blue splendor. As the blaze slowly fades, Echo beams.

Desa is aching with pain, having been rammed into and pounded and assaulted, not to mention skidding several yards across the forest floor. None of that stops the Zubat, though, as she lets the sound of the woods fill her. Clearing her head, she breathes a new leaf-green streak of light into existence, and Echo feels the breath get knocked out of her as if the beam was solid.

Echo screeches, flapping toward Desa in a flurry of wings, but not before her stomach squeezes tight again, and all the ref can do is wildly wave his red flag.

Squornshellous Beta (O)
opsolh.jpg

Desa (F) <Inner Focus>
Health: 49%
Energy: 44%
Actions: Secret Power ~ Secret Power ~ Secret Power
- Head throbbing. Confused (Light; 20% chance of being fully confused).

Psychtini (O)
Zubat
Health: 27%
Energy: 64%
Actions: Zen Headbutt ~ Zen Headbutt ~ Zen Headbutt
- Feeling as if a rock was thrown at her. "Poisoned" (Mild; 2%/round).

Arena Notes: Typical Zubat-line hunting ground: Zubat and Golbat everywhere, with a few Crobat here and there. The trees bordering the field are somewhat beat up from several bats crashing into them, though.

Notes:
- Desa went first the first and second actions, and Echo went first the third.
- Ugh. Sorry for the wait.
- I didn’t mean to type 15% chance of confusionfail last round, but since I did, I’ll go with that percentage this round and switch now.
- Psychtini orders first.

Last edited:

Alright, as Psychtini can't really post on here, she has informed me of her commands:

Psychtini said:
Fly~Confuse Ray~Tackle

Okay awesome. If you think you can manage it, Zen Headbutt; if you feel too confused for it, Chill and try to clear your head. On the first action just Chill regardless.

Chill ~ Zen Headbutt / Chill ~ Zen Headbutt / Chill

1vs1 single

Round 4

Squornshellous Beta (O)
opsolh.jpg

Desa (F) <Inner Focus>
Health: 49%
Energy: 44%
Commands: Chill ~ Zen Headbutt/Chill ~ Zen Headbutt/Chill
- Head starting to clear up. Confused (Light; 20% chance of being fully confused).

Psychtini (O)
Zubat
Health: 27%
Commands: Fly ~ Confuse Ray ~ Tackle
- Determined to get revenge. "Poisoned" (Mild; 2%/round).

By now, Echo has calmed down a bit from her murderous rage; if shooting angry frowns and occasionally baring her fangs is an improvement, that is. Desa looks warily at the blue-and-purple Zubat, wondering what she ever did to her. She looks at her trainer for reassurance; Squornshellous Beta isn’t much of a help, though, having falling out of the tree as a ruffled-looking teenager pops into existence right next to her. Looking embarrassed, he hastily explains the situation as Echo watches suspiciously. Deciding that using this newcomer’s commands was far better than doing nothing, she grins widely as the worried ref waves a familiar green flag.

Before Desa can relax a muscle, Echo soars into the sky ablaze with stars, forgetting her vendetta against the black Zubat for just a second. Hovering in midair to catch her breath, she pricks her ears for any sign of movement. Soon frowning, she sends a few more squeaks into the distracting cloud of bats. Echo sighs, continuing her ascent to the pinpricks of light high above.

It’s not just the swarming Zubat’s fault that Echo can’t hear anything; Desa isn’t exactly the most interesting sight right now, cautiously hanging from a branch as she lets her mind settle down for a while. At the same time, Echo pauses, hovering in the air for just a second, then plummets toward the ground. Sending a volley of screeches toward the ground, the Zubat takes on a bright blue glow as she abruptly twists around, throwing Desa into the dark forest.

Smirking, the blue Zubat readies another sphere of light. This time, it’s not that inimitable lush green of the forest but a dazzling ball, streaked with yellow, purple, and pink. Echo claps her wings together, and suddenly, the field is filled with dancing sparks, all rushing toward Desa. As each flash collides with the Zubat, the air around her simply flares with increasingly bright light, and her head starts pounding once more.

Desa would really like to get some payback on that stupid bat-rat, she really would. Trouble is, all she can think about is that odd feeling of having light slam into her; through her haze of thinking, she remembers something about relaxing. As she tries to get the proper mindset, though, her headache worsens, and all she wants to do is lay down and take a nice nap.

The black Zubat knows that that’s impossible right now, though, and she musters the energy to forget about pain for a second. Almost as if she were a marionette puppet, she rises from the ground jerkily; her head glowing a soft sky blue, she tackles Echo, throwing her into the air.

Falling with a dull thud, the Zubat bites her lip. Tackle? For a moment she lingers on the thought of disobeying her trainer; deciding that Psychtini might have an amazing plan in store later, she simply slams into Desa without reservation. No special lights, no psychic energy, just a plain old tackle. Echo is less than pleased at the amount of damage she caused, but perhaps saving energy was important after all.

Both of the bats are in rather worse condition than they were before; after deliberating for a moment, the two call a temporary truce, however reluctantly, and they join the shifting flock of bats. Eating does absolutely nothing to make them feel better, though, and as the Zubats return to their original positions, both of them feel sick.

Squornshellous Beta (O)
opsolh.jpg

Desa (F) <Inner Focus>
Health: 33%
Energy: 46%
Actions: Chill ~ Chill (failed) ~ Zen Headbutt
- Feeling absolutely horrible. Confused (Light; 20% chance of full confusion). Paralyzed (Mild; 15% chance of full paralysis, speed halved).

Psychtini (O)
Zubat
Health: 13%
Energy: 50%
Actions: Fly ~ Confuse Ray ~ Tackle
- Lightheaded. "Poisoned" (Mild; 2%/round). Confused (Mild; 25% chance of full confusion).

Arena Notes:

Notes:
- I honestly have no idea how my characterizations shifted from Echo happy and naïve and Desa knowledgeable and cynical to Echo insane and Desa drunk.
- Echo went first the first two actions; Desa went first the last.
- Echo ate fermented fruit; Desa ate pollen. Ouch.
- Desa’s second chill failed due to confusion (not sure how Confuse Ray even works on blind/eyeless Pokémon, though).
- Squornshellous Beta orders first.

Adskl;.
Zen Headbutt, Secret Power if you can't do that for whatever reason, and if you feel like you're going to paralysisfail or confusionfail then Chill to try and ward it off, k?
Zen Headbutt / Secret Power / Chill ~ Zen Headbutt / Secret Power / Chill ~ Zen Headbutt / Secret Power / Chill

If you're unable to attack her or she's chilling, Chill yourself. If she does try to attack you, Protect.

Protect/Chill/Fly~Protect/Chill/Brave Bird+Air Slash

1vs1 single

Round 5

Squornshellous Beta (O)
opsolh.jpg

Desa (F) <Inner Focus>
Energy: 46%
Commands: Zen Headbutt/Secret Power/Chill ~ Zen Headbutt/Secret Power/Chill ~ Zen Headbutt/Secret Power/Chill
- Trying to get ahold of herself. Confused (Light; 20% chance of full confusion). Paralyzed (Mild; 15% chance of full paralysis, speed halved).

Mewtini (O)
Zubat
Health: 13%
Energy: 50%
Commands: Protect/Chill/Fly ~ Protect/Chill/Brave Bird + Air Slash ~ Protect/Chill
- Slightly disoriented. "Poisoned" (Mild; 2%/round). Confused (Mild; 25% chance of full confusion).

Desa cringes. At least, she would have if she could control her train of thought right now. Lost in a blur of tense muscles and headache, the black Zubat squeaks with pain and indignation; of course, she was the one who found a walking poisonous flower to eat from, instead of the countless other things in this forest. Echo, on the other hand, is oddly happy, gliding her way through the field without a care in the world. The ref sighs. This was going to be a long battle after all.

Just as the black Zubat hauls herself out of her misery, she’s wracked with a sudden muscle spasm. Desa winces before she remembers her specific commands. Eager for any excuse to stop and rest, she starts to relax, only for another headache to pass through her. Groaning, Desa curls into a ball on the ground; though she might not be able to restore her energy, she’ll take any break possible.

Unsurprisingly, Echo is completely oblivious to the pain Desa’s going through right now. Flapping happily through the field, it’s nearly a minute later that she remembers she’s supposed to be doing something. She sneaks a few squeaks toward Desa to cheat off of what she was doing; she can’t be blamed if her memory blanked, can she? Seeing (or rather, hearing) that Desa was off in some kind of sleeping-trance thing, Echo happily takes the opportunity to relax under the moon.

Desa sighs. Now that she’s at least done nothing, she’s feeling much better and really doesn’t have any excuse. Flapping back up to the air, she glows a bright blue, then takes a deep breath and dives into Echo – though not before the Zubat hastily throws up a wall of seemingly nothing in front of her. Desa crashes headfirst into solid air and slides down the barrier of energy, her dizziness back full force.

The black bat would really love to take a break right now, but just as before, a wall of fuzziness invades her mind, and all Desa can do is lie down, prone on the ground. Echo hears the soft rustling of the grass as the Zubat sets herself and decides lying down again would be fun again, and she plops into a tree, a green aura flickering around her.

Squornshellous Beta (O)
opsolh.jpg

Desa (F) <Inner Focus>
Energy: 38%
Actions: Chill (failed) ~ Zen Headbutt ~ Chill (failed)
- Trying to get ahold of herself. Paralyzed (Mild; 15% chance of full paralysis, speed halved).

Mewtini (O)
Zubat
Health: 11%
Actions: Chill ~ Protect ~ Chill
- Slightly disoriented. "Poisoned" (Mild; 2%/round). Confused (Light; 20% chance of full confusion).

Arena Notes: Nothing particularly unusual in a Zubat-line-hunting ground.

Notes:
- Desa chilled (and confusefailed the chills) the first and third actions; she would have parafailed the first as well. Pretty bad luck, eh?
- protect is a clear shield not green what are you talking about
- Mewtini orders first (stop changing your name ah).

name changes yay!

Um. Again, if she attacks you, Protect. More combos since you have a lot of energy you can use.

Zen Headbutt+Air Slash/Protect~Brave Bird/Protect

Gust, as weakly as you can, twice, to trigger the Protect conditionals. Then Zen Headbutt. If you're going to paralysisfail on an action, Chill instead.

And actually do it this time. I want that bat to be a smudge of red and blue by the end of this D<

Gust / Chill ~ Gust / Chill ~ Zen Headbutt / Chill

1vs1 single

Round 6

Squornshellous Beta (O)
opsolh.jpg

Desa (F) <Inner Focus>
Energy: 38%
Commands: Gust / Chill ~ Gust / Chill ~ Zen Headbutt / Chill
- Ready to end this. Paralyzed (Mild).

Mewtini (O)
Zubat
Health: 11%
Commands: Zen Headbutt + Air Slash / Protect ~ Brave Bird / Protect ~ Protect
- Distracted. "Poisoned" (Mild). Confused (Light).

A gentle, summery breeze flows through the arena, carrying the scent of honey and starlight. Indeed, it makes a peaceful interlude between the vicious fighting – one that’s about to be broken, though, as the trainers strain to make their voices heard over the din of the Zubat. Desa’s mouth turns upward into the slightest curve as she bares her glittering teeth at Echo. Rolling her eyes at Desa’s so-called intimidation, Mewtini shouts a few words of encouragement to Echo, waiting impatiently for the ref to wake up from his stupor. Snapping her fingers in his face, he groggily opens his eyes. Shrugging, he lights up the field a shade of emerald with a flick of his hand (since when could he do that, Squornshellous Beta absentmindedly wonders), and the two bats lift themselves into the air.

Echo’s ready to jump into action, to at least do something before the battle ends. She’s faster than Desa, after all, and a lot less sluggish. Her thoughts wandering toward fruit and nectar, she almost fails to notice the column of wind lazily working its way toward her; when she does, she’s in such a daze that all she can do is wince as the tornado throws her around.

The black bat fumes for a while; couldn’t this stupid bat get just Protecting right? Pursing her lips, she flaps up, above the hordes of bats; pausing for just a second, Desa slams her wings together in a clap of air. All dramatics, of course, but Echo has no way of knowing that, hurriedly opening her wings. The space around her flickers, but nothing appears to happen. That is, until the small vortex throws a Golbat into a wall of solid air.

Desa grins. Little did Echo know, but her end was coming close. Very close. Aiming for Echo, she somersaults through the air in a sphere of blue; Echo tries to summon another barrier of energy, and fails miserably. Awaiting her fate, she cringes…until she realizes that Desa missed by a hair, crashing into a nearby tree.

The referee (and the battlers, too, it seems) could almost cry right now; how much longer did he have to suffer this long and drawn out battle? Neither of the Zubat sense victory coming very close either, and they swoop into the cloud once more, hopefully to find some encouragement. All Desa gets is a fight, but Echo comes out feeling better than she has for a while.

Squornshellous Beta (O)
opsolh.jpg

Desa (F) <Inner Focus>
Health: 28%
Energy: 31%
Actions: Gust ~ Gust ~ Zen Headbutt (missed)
- Furious at whoever controlled these types of things. Paralyzed (Light).

Mewtini (O)
Zubat
Health: 8%
Energy: 65%
Actions: [confused] ~ Protect ~ Protect (failed)
- Tired. "Poisoned" (Mild).

Arena Notes: Nothing of note.

Notes:
- Echo confusefailed her A1 Protect and Protectfailed A3.
- Of course, that protectfail didn’t really matter, since Zen Headbutt missed.
- Desa tried to eat another Zubat, and Echo drank nectar.
- gwahh this feels bad and late and rushed
- Mewtini orders first.

Back
Top Bottom