• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Sonic Rainboom vs. bulbasaur (ref: Squornshellous Beta)

5 vs. 5 Single
Switch
DQ Time: 1 week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Pokemon: Every Pokemon that's evolved.
Banned Moves: OHKOs, all healing moves (not draining ones)
Arena: A plain. No effects.
Team Sonic Rainboom
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Litwick
Flitwick (Female)
Ability: Flash Fire
Health: 43%
Energy: 33%
Status: Pffffahaha what were you doing there? Defense +4, special attack +1, special defense +1, Minimized (Evasion +2, physical attacks at two-thirds power), confused (moderate; 50% chance of confusionfail).
Commands: Taunt ~ Toxic ~ Hex

Team bulbasaur
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Vulpix
Bromine (Female)
Health: 56%
Energy: 14%
Commands: Protect ~ Magic Coat ~ Chill

In Reserve
Ani418MS.png

Cuprum (Male)
Ability: Swift Swim
Health: 15%
Energy: 35%
Status: ZZZZZZzzzzZZ... Seeded (3% per round), asleep (moderate; five more actions).
Item: Oran Berry

Round 12 Begin!

Before Flitwick can even begin to think of making a move, Bromine's eyes glow bright green and a shimmering, translucent shield of the same color appears in the air around her. She grins, knowing that she's safe inside her bubble; Flitwick, meanwhile, begins shouting insults at her, in a voice laced with malicious dark energy. It comes to naught, though: all Bromine can hear through her shield is a muffled blur. As Flitwick ceases her ineffectual shouting, Bromine lets her shield drop, just in time to catch Flitwick's last word before she trails off completely: "puddings".

She giggles, then closes her eyes and begins another protective move: her fur takes on a bright, golden, reflective sheen, leaving the surrounding scenery clearly visible in her side. Flitwick, drawing toxins from various sources in her body, concentrates them as a horrible purple substance in her mouth, which she spits at Bromine. It hits, and looks as though it's going to have some effect for a few seconds, but suddenly with a bizarre mirror-flash of some kind - more of a subliminal impression than anything you could really put your finger on - it bounces back, retracing its trajectory in reverse and landing right on Flitwick, with a disgusting squelchy splat. Bromine grins at her opponent's misfortune before letting her mirror-like coat fade away.

She's getting quite tired, though, and a nap does sound quite appealing right about now. She lies down and curls up, resting her head on her tails and nodding off quite quickly. Flitwick decides to exploit this, and begins muttering a long and convoluted chant, her voice gaining more and more power as time goes on. By the time the chant finishes, her voice is reverberating around the entire arena, and everyone is expecting something dramatic. They are disappointed, though, since all that is seen to happen is a brief purple aura forming around Bromine before imploding, waking her up with a start.

Round 12 End!

Team Sonic Rainboom
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Litwick
Flitwick (Female)
Health: 41%
Energy: 17%
Status: She hit me with my own goop! Defense +4, special attack +1, special defense +1, Minimized (Evasion +2, physical attacks at two-thirds power), confused (moderate; 50% chance of confusionfail), badly poisoned (2% this round, 3% next).
Attacks Used: Taunt ~ Toxic ~ Hex

Team bulbasaur
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Vulpix
Bromine (Female)
Health: 49%
Energy: 16%
Attacks Used: Protect ~ Magic Coat ~ Chill

In Reserve
Ani418MS.png

Cuprum (Male)
Status: ZZZZZZzzzzZZ... Seeded (3% per round), asleep (moderate; five more actions).

Damage / Energy Calculations
Protect - 4% energy
Taunt - 4% energy (accuracy roll 56, needed 100 to miss)
Magic Coat - 4% energy
Toxic - 6% energy (accuracy roll 62, needed 90 or above to miss)
Chill - restored 10% energy (Bromine)
Hex - 7% damage, 6% energy (accuracy roll 50, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- Personally I'd have gone for a weak move that would still have dealt some damage, but eh, it's nothing to do with me.
- Flitwick still didn't hurt herself via confusion.

Arena Notes
- An area of the ground is damp where Waterfall collapsed, though slowly drying; from above, the shape would resemble a curving rectangle with a semicircle on the end.

Next Round
- bulbasaur attacks
- Sonic Rainboom attacks
- I ref

Although you may feel rested, the numbers say otherwise. So Chill unless Flitwick starts making offensive remarks, in which case Protect. When you've Chilled twice, Hex, unless, again, Flitwick starts to say something rude, in which case, Protect.

5 vs. 5 Single
Switch

Team Sonic Rainboom
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Litwick
Flitwick (Female)
Health: 41%
Status: She hit me with my own goop! Defense +4, special attack +1, special defense +1, Minimized (Evasion +2, physical attacks at two-thirds power), confused (moderate; 50% chance of confusionfail), badly poisoned (2% this round, 3% next).
Commands: Toxic ~ Shadow Ball ~ Protect

Team bulbasaur
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Vulpix
Bromine (Female)
Health: 49%
Energy: 16%
Commands: Chill / Protect ~ Chill / Protect ~ Hex / Protect

In Reserve
Ani418MS.png

Cuprum (Male)

Round 13 Begin!

Well, she may be rested, but Bromine does still feel a bit tired. May as well take another nap, she figures. She lies down and curls up, resting her head on her tails to act as a pillow. Meanwhile, Flitwick once again gathers toxins from her body, spitting them as a foul, concentrated purple gloop at the sleeping Bromine. It hits, and this time actually takes effect, soaking through her skin and into her bloodstream. She twitches and growls in her sleep, but otherwise remains unaffected.

With Bromine still asleep, Flitwick prepares for her next move. She begins charging up another ball of shadows, but before it can charge up to any reasonable size it explodes in her face, knocking her over backwards. She picks herself up shakily, just as Bromine wakes up and stretches out, yawning.

Glaring now at Bromine, Flitwick begins her next attack. She begins to focus her energy into a shield around her, but for some reason it implodes, squashing her for a brief second before vanishing. Bromine giggles at this, and then begins muttering the same curse that Flitwick had used last round; this time the effect is far more dramatic, though, as a huge purple aura surrounds Flitwick before rushing into her, causing her to scream in pain as she burns up from the inside out.

Round 13 End!

Team Sonic Rainboom
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Litwick
Flitwick (Female)
Health: 19%
Energy: 11%
Status: Ouch... Defense +4, special attack +1, special defense +1, Minimized (Evasion +2, physical attacks at two-thirds power), confused (mild; 25% chance of confusionfail), badly poisoned (3% this round, 4% next).
Attacks Used: Toxic ~ [confused] ~ [confused]

Team bulbasaur
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Vulpix
Bromine (Female)
Health: 47%
Energy: 29%
Status: Pfffffahahaha Badly poisoned (2% this round, 3% next).
Attacks Used: Chill ~ Chill ~ Hex

In Reserve
Ani418MS.png

Cuprum (Male)

Toxic - 6% energy (accuracy roll 59, needed 90 or above to miss)
Confusionfail - 3% damage (Flitwick)
Hex - 13% damage, 7% energy (accuracy roll 35, needed 100 to miss)
Confusionfail - 3% damage (Flitwick)

Notes
- Flitwick finally hurt herself via confusion! Twice at that!

Arena Notes
- An area of the ground is slightly damp where Waterfall collapsed, though slowly drying; from above, the shape would resemble a curving rectangle with a semicircle on the end.

Next Round
- Sonic Rainboom attacks
- bulbasaur attacks
- I ref

Last edited:
Flitwick still has 17% energy even after using Toxic? (And Flitwick's Toxic doesn't do 3% damage this round and 2% the next, it's the other way around)

You've got this, Bromine. Disable as soon as Flitwick completes a Shadow Ball. Hex, then Dark Pulse in that order, then, if necessary, Dark Pulse again so you don't get confused by the conditionals. Don't worry about Disable interrupting your sequence; just work around it, and push the commands back.

Hex/Disable~Hex/Dark Pulse/Disable~Hex/Dark Pulse/Disable

5 vs. 5 Single
Switch
Team Sonic Rainboom
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Litwick
Flitwick (Female)
Health: 19%
Energy: 11%
Status: Ouch... Defense +4, special attack +1, special defense +1, Minimized (Evasion +2, physical attacks at two-thirds power), confused (mild; 25% chance of confusionfail), badly poisoned (3% this round, 4% next).
Commands: Shadow Ball ~ Shadow Ball ~ Shadow Ball

Team bulbasaur
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Vulpix
Bromine (Female)
Health: 47%
Energy: 29%
Status: Pfffffahahaha Badly poisoned (2% this round, 3% next).
Commands: Hex / Disable ~ Hex / Dark Pulse / Disable ~ Hex / Dark Pulse / Disable

In Reserve
Ani418MS.png

Cuprum (Male)

Round 14 Begin!

Bromine hangs back this time, allowing her opponent to attack first. Flitwick happily does so, charging up a small ball of shadows and launching it at her opponent. As it explodes on her, Bromine begins muttering a curse intended to seal away the Shadow Ball move; Flitwick's eye takes on a purple glow as the curse begins to take - but all of a sudden, the curse breaks, and despite her best efforts, Bromine can't get it up again.

Well, if she can't use one curse, she may as well use another. She begins her incantation, her voice quickly taking on a booming, echoing quality as it takes. Flitwick squeals as a purple glow envelops her and burns her briefly, before imploding on her. In response, she charges up another call of shadows, which she launches at Bromine; unfortuantely, the effort proves too much for her, and even as the ball explodes over Bromine, Flitwick collapses, exhausted.

Sonic Rainboom recalls her Pokémon and considers what to send out next.

Round 14 End!

Team Sonic Rainboom
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Litwick
Flitwick (Female)
Health: 11%
Energy: 0%
Attacks Used: Shadow Ball ~ Shadow Ball

Team bulbasaur
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Vulpix
Bromine (Female)
Health: 22%
She collapsed? Badly poisoned (3% this round, 4% next).
Attacks Used: Disable ~ Hex

In Reserve
Ani418MS.png

Cuprum (Male)

Shadow Ball - 11% damage, 8% energy (accuracy roll 14, needed 100 to miss)
Disable - 4% energy (accuracy roll 100, needed 100 to miss)
Hex - 8% damage, 8% energy (accuracy roll 60, needed 100 to miss)
Shadow Ball - 11% damage, 8% energy (accuracy roll 95, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- You did not specify what to do if Disable missed, so Bromine continued with her other commands. Not that it mattered much.
- Neither Shadow Ball lowered special defense.

Arena Notes
- Unchanged.

Next Round
- Sonic Rainboom sends out
- bulbasaur attacks
- Sonic Rainboom attacks
- I ref

Last edited:
I think Toxic did one more point of damage on Bromine than it should have. Check, please?

I'm way late here.
Sonic Rainboom is DQed. bulbasaur gets $16, and Bromine gets 3 EXP, I believe. Every other Pokémon used gets 1 EXP. I get $10.

Last edited:
Doesn't Cuprum get one EXP point?

And if you're reading this, Sonic Rainboom, I'd be more than willing to continue this battle and disregard the disqualification.

All of the other pokémon should have gotten 1 EXP. DQs only cause the loser to lose monetary prizes, not any EXP they would normally have earned.

Back
Top Bottom