• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[11] Mawile vs Mai (Ref: Squornshellous Beta)

Frankly I have no idea what's going on with Light Screen. I've completely messed that up. We'll continue the next round assuming there's no Light Screen in effect.

And yeah, that's what's gonna happen with Yawn.

1 vs 1
DQ Time: 3 Days
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills, direct healers
Terrain: Castelia City Square

Castelia City is the gateway to Unova, its port welcoming trainers from around the world. Today those trainers include a fair number from Asber, turned out to compete or spectate on the first round of the League Championship. The city square at the center of Castelia has been reserved for the first round of battle, its broad cobbled expanse providing plenty of room to fight and the central fountain offering a refuge for pokémon that would rather swim than stand. Skyscrapers rise on all sides, framing the scene with the imposing prosperity of Castelia City.

More than just Asber's own trainers have turned out for the battles, though; plenty of curious Castelia residents and tourists mill about the rim of the arena, hoping to catch a few exciting battles. To ensure that they don't go unsatisfied, the regional authorities have generously--and forcefully--provided some of Unova's most powerful pokémon for the trainers to test-drive and show off for the crowd. Unfortunately, with the number of battles that need to be run through before the TCoD League's lease on the square expires, some of the fights might have to be truncated a bit.

For this battle, you will be using a pokémon on loan from the Unova League. Your choices are below. The first player will get first pick of pokémon, and the second will make their pick and then attack as usual. This match will be capped at five rounds. If both pokémon are still standing at the end of round five, the pokémon's health and energy will be added together and the one with the most will be declared the winner.
Team Mawile
1imko5.jpg

Eelektross
(Female)
Ability: Levitate
Health: 17%
Energy: 29%
Status: It'sss hard to ssstay awake... Special defense -6, attack +3, defense +3, accuracy +3, Badly Poisoned (5% this round, 6% next)
Commands: Agility + Acrobatics ~ Acrobatics

Team Mai
1imko5.jpg

Accelgor
Tuft (Male)
Ability: Sticky Hold
Health: 14%
Energy: 48%
Commands: Giga Drain / Acid Armor ~ Giga Drain / Acid Armor ~ Giga Drain / Nothing

Round 5 Begin!

Tuft knows that what he does now will make or break the battle. Quickly, he casts his mind out over Eelektross', a green glow becoming evident around her almost immediately. It tears itself from her and pours over to Tuft; it's just too much for Eelektross to handle, and she falls to the ground with a thud, unmoving. The crowd cheers and roars as Tuft strikes up a victory pose, showing off just a bit.

Each trainer recalls their Pokémon and then hands the Pokéball over to the official who comes to retrieve them. Then the referee comes up to the battlers, deals with the formalities - like giving Mai their first-round victor's medallion, and giving both battlers their money - then, with a flash of green light, they teleport away.

Round 5 End!

Team Mawile
xpqo.jpg

Eelektross
(Female)
Ability: Levitate
Health: 0%
Energy: 29%
Attacks Used: [nothing]

Team Mai
1imko5.jpg

Accelgor
Tuft (Male)
Ability: Sticky Hold
Health: 14%
Energy: 43%
Attacks Used: Giga Drain

Damage / Energy Calculations
Giga Drain - 20% damage, 5% energy (accuracy roll 42, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- The only way to get Eelektross to be fast enough to even hope to hit before Accelgor would be a priority move, really. Which it... can't learn. Hm.

Arena Notes
- Unchanged.

Prizes
Mai is the victor and can advance to the second round. They also recieve $10. Mawile recieves $5. The referee, which is to say me, recieves $15. And I'm pretty sure that's everything. Good game, guys.

Back
Top Bottom