• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Metallica Fanboy & Grass King vs. Karkat Vantas & Legendaryseeker99 (ref: Squornshellous Beta)

End of passion play
Crumbling away
I'm your source of self-destruction

Veins that pump with fear
Sucking dark is clear
Leading on your death's construction

Taste me, you will see
More is all you need
Dedicated to
How I'm killing you

Come crawling faster
Obey your master
Your life burns faster
Obey your master
Master

Master of puppets, I'm pulling your strings
Twisting your mind, smashing your dreams
Blinded by me you can't see a thing
Just call my name, 'cause I'll hear you scream

Master
Master

Master
Master

Let's make them fade to black, Megatherium.

Shadow Claw ~ Rain Dance ~ Shadow Claw

1&1vs1&1 tag battle
Style: Set
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, direct recovery
Arena: Metallica Gig
We should probably be enjoying the show. But instead we decided to have a Pokemon battle. Oh, how silly we are. Still, we get the cool effect of having the songs played affect the fighting.

A random song will be chosen and played at the beggining of the match. Each song has a set duration, and after that goes up, another randomized song plays. No song will be played twice. If all songs are played before the battle ends, the gig ends, but the trainers stay and finish the battle.

- All Nightmare Long (7 actions): All Pokemon are put to sleep and cannot cure this condition. When this song ends, so does the slumber.
- Cyanide (6 actions): All Pokemon are poisoned severely and cannot cure this condition. When this song ends, so does the poisoning.
- Damage Inc. (5 actions): All battlers take 10% of damage.
- Disposable Heroes (8 actions): No status moves may be used; all Pokemon act as though under effects of Taunt for the duration of the song.
- Enter Sandman (5 actions): All Pokemon have their abilities replaced by their Dream World abilities for the duration of the song.
- Fight Fire With Fire (4 actions): All Pokemon are burned severely and cannot cure this condition. When this song ends, so do the burns.
- For Whom The Bell Tolls (5 actions): All Pokemon are healed of status conditions and may not be afflicted with any new ones for the duration of the song.
- Master of Puppets (8 actions): All Pokemon gain a 10% Substitute at no price of health. When the song ends, any Substitute on field vanishes.
- Nothing Else Matters (6 actions): All opposite-gendered Pokemon become mutually attracted for the duration of the song.
- No Leaf Clover (5 actions): No critical hits may be scored and no secondary effects of moves will activate unless they have a 100% chance to for the duration of the song.
- One (7 actions): All Pokemon are struck by an Explosion and may not move until the song ends.

If any band member of Metallica is harmed by a stray attack, Metallica Fanboy will rip your fucking face off.
Other: Whether the teams are randomized or preset will be left for this challenge's accepters to determine.

[size=+1]Team Role-oriented Programming[/size]
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Metallica Fanboy
Vigoroth
Megatherium (Male)
Ability: Vital Spirit
Health: 6%
Energy: 29%
Commands: Shadow Claw ~ Rain Dance ~ Shadow Claw
Item: Razor Claw

Grass King
Metang
Monopole (Genderless)
Ability: Clear Body and Intimidate
Health: 0%
Energy: 64%
Item: Reaper Cloth

[size=+1]Team Spirit of the Beehive[/size]
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Karkat Vantas
Croagunk
Shurinam Shitfucker (Male)
Ability: Dry Skin
Energy: 78%
Item: Rocky Helmet

Legendaryseeker99
Litwick
Umbra (Male)
Ability: Flash Fire
Health: 5%
Energy: 19%
Commands: Imprison / Solarbeam / Energy Ball ~ Solarbeam / Energy Ball ~ Flame Charge / Energy Ball

Round 8 Begin!

Megatherium is really getting sick of this Litwick by now. He's going to take this thing down come hell or high water - no way he's going to lose. So, to that end, he cloaks his claws in a flickering, crackling dark energy; he lunges at Umbra and plunges his claws straight through the incorporeal body. The Litwick screams and struggles but can't escape the Vigoroth's grip, and eventually goes limp, flame sputtering and dying.

Legendaryseeker99 recalls his Pokémon with a look of annoyance, and the referee passes out paychecks before teleporting away. The trainers, amid a crowd of groaning and injured people, stay to enjoy the rest of the concert - Megatherium staying out of his Pokéball to listen despite his various wounds.

Round 8 End!

[size=+1]Team Role-oriented Programming[/size]
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Metallica Fanboy
Vigoroth
Megatherium (Male)
Ability: Vital Spirit
Health: 6%
Energy: 25%
Attacks Used: Shadow Claw
Item: Razor Claw

Grass King
Metang
Monopole (Genderless)
Ability: Clear Body and Intimidate
Energy: 64%
Item: Reaper Cloth

[size=+1]Team Spirit of the Beehive[/size]
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg

Karkat Vantas
Croagunk
Shurinam Shitfucker (Male)
Ability: Dry Skin
Energy: 78%
Item: Rocky Helmet

Legendaryseeker99
Litwick
Umbra (Male)
Ability: Flash Fire
Energy: 19%
Attacks Used: [nothing]

Damage / Energy Calculations
Shadow Claw - 17% damage, 4% energy

Notes
- Shadow Claw was a critical hit.

Arena Notes
- Metallica are currently singing Master of Puppets (2 more actions)
- This leaves All Nightmare Long, Cyanide, Damage Inc., Enter Sandman, Fight Fire With Fire, For Whom The Bell Tolls, Nothing Else Matters, and No Leaf Clover yet to play.
- The sun is harsh (two more rounds)

Prizes
Shurinam gets 1 EXP Monopole and Umbra get 2 each, and Megatherium gets 3. Since it's a tag battle, I think that means that prizes are handled like this: $16 each to team Role-oriented Programming, $6 each to team Spirit of the Beehive, and $10 to me. Now I'm off to never ref another doubles or larger battle again.

Needlework the way
Never you betray
Life of death becoming clearer

Pain monopoly
Ritual misery
Chop your breakfast on a mirror

Taste me, you will see
More is all you need
Dedicated to
How I'm killing you

Come crawling faster
Obey your master
Your life burns faster
Obey your master
Master

Master
Master

Master
Master

Master, master
Where's the dreams that I've been after?
Master, master
You promised only lies
Laughter, laughter
All I hear or see is laughter
Laughter, laughter
Laughing at my cries

Hell is worth all that
Natural habitat
Just a rhyme without a reason

Neverending maze
Drift on numbered days
Now your life is out of season

I will occupy
I will help you die
I will run through you
Now I rule you too

Come crawling faster
Obey your master
Your life burns faster
Obey your master
Master

Master
Master

Master
Master

You two fought well, but clearly, the power of metal was our side.

And thanks for reffing, Squorn.

Good match you guys, and thanks for reffing Squorn. Hope I'll get to battle you guys again. (But for the love of Arceus not in another massive battle like this. Well maybe.)

Well, MF, you may have won this round, but I think that next round, it's going to be a different story.

Ready to fight... in Newton's Kiddie Pool?

Back
Top Bottom