• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Karkat Vantas vs. Metallica Fanboy (ref: Squornshellous Beta)

Squornshellous Beta

Pronoun
she/they/any
1 vs. 1 Single
Style: Set
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Weather moves
Arena: Doctor Kaminko's Experimental Arena No. 33

Kam and Metallica Fanboy have battled in a sticky hole, a volcano, and at a Metallica gig, and in hopes of finding something even more extreme, they asked Doctor Kaminko to lend them one of his wacky arenas.
This arena is an interesting one with some highly experimental technology. There are two very deep pools in the arena; one on the floor, and one on... the ceiling?
Yes, a pool on the ceiling. About twenty meters above the floor, there's a large, upside down pool, held up by a powerful antigravity device.
What makes this arena more special, though, is that all the Pokemon on the arena are outfitted with a Gravotron 9000, a little device that allows it to change its internal gravity at will. During their command chain, a Pokemon may be commanded to "flip". Flipping can be used to dive-bomb your opponent, and will prevent you from attacking on an action unless used with a contact move (ie Headbutt).
If one Pokemon is in the top pool and another is in the bottom pool, their projectile attacks are unlikely to hit; they have roughly a 50% chance of hitting each other with projectiles.

In addition to this, several bizarre things might go on in the arena:
a) The Pokemon's Gravotron 9000 will malfunction and cause them to flip gravity that action. There is a 5% chance this will happen to either Pokemon each action.
b) Dangermouse and Safetymouse will randomly pop out of the pools and stab bother Pokemon, having the effect of a Poison Jab on both of the battlers. There is a 10% chance of this happening every round.
c) Stunfisk will swarm the pools, causing 2% electric damage every action. This will happen automatically some time between rounds six and ten.
d) The antigravity device will sputter out and explode, blowing up the whole arena and killing both Pokemon. There is a 1% chance of this happening every round.

Other notes:
Kam's Fudgie and MF's Warfare are the only Pokémon that may be used; they may be withdrawn from their reserves if they are not in their active squads.
Karkat Vantas's Fudgie
Wailmer
Fudgie (Male)
Ability: Oblivious
Item: Muscle Band

Metallica Fanboy's Warfare
Carvanha
Warfare (Female)
Ability: Rough Skin
Item: Scope Lens

First Round
- Karkat Vantas sends out
- Metallica Fanboy sends out and attacks
- Karkat Vantas attacks
- I ref

Hah. You really shouldn't be deploying weak Pokemon just for experience when you're up against me.

I hereby send Lil' Cal.

Also, before we command, do we start on the same pool, different pools, or that's to be decided randomly?

Alright, Warfare. To start with, pump yourself a neat 15% Substitute.

After that, Super Fang if Fudgie is within range (and hittable), Focus Energy otherwise and flip if Fudgie's on the other side.

If you used Super Fang first, Focus Energy now. If you used Focus Energy, Chill. If you flipped and Fudgie is now within range, Super Fang. If you flipped but Fudgie isn't within range, Chill.

Substitute (15%) ~ Super Fang/Focus Energy/Flip ~ Focus Energy/Super Fang/Chill

The substitute won't be affected by gravity; meaning that it will stay on the bottom pool.

With that in mind... start with a Substitute, about 10%.

Since he should be flipping upwards, you should be able to nail him with a Body Slam.

After showing your dominance, follow it up with an Attract.

Now... there is a very high chance that you might flip over. If you are away from your Substitute, and if

a) Warfare is in the bottom pool, Body Slam all the way.
b) Warfare is in the top pool, Curse.

Substitute (10%) ~ Body Slam/Curse ~ Attract/Body Slam/Curse

(involuntary flipping occurs at the end of the action; figure i might as well mention this in case it comes up)

1 vs. 1 Single
Style: Set
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Weather moves
Arena: Doctor Kaminko's Experimental Arena No. 33

Kam and Metallica Fanboy have battled in a sticky hole, a volcano, and at a Metallica gig, and in hopes of finding something even more extreme, they asked Doctor Kaminko to lend them one of his wacky arenas.
This arena is an interesting one with some highly experimental technology. There are two very deep pools in the arena; one on the floor, and one on... the ceiling?
Yes, a pool on the ceiling. About twenty meters above the floor, there's a large, upside down pool, held up by a powerful antigravity device.
What makes this arena more special, though, is that all the Pokemon on the arena are outfitted with a Gravotron 9000, a little device that allows it to change its internal gravity at will. During their command chain, a Pokemon may be commanded to "flip". Flipping can be used to dive-bomb your opponent, and will prevent you from attacking on an action unless used with a contact move (ie Headbutt).
If one Pokemon is in the top pool and another is in the bottom pool, their projectile attacks are unlikely to hit; they have roughly a 50% chance of hitting each other with projectiles.

In addition to this, several bizarre things might go on in the arena:
a) The Pokemon's Gravotron 9000 will malfunction and cause them to flip gravity that action. There is a 5% chance this will happen to either Pokemon each action.
b) Dangermouse and Safetymouse will randomly pop out of the pools and stab bother Pokemon, having the effect of a Poison Jab on both of the battlers. There is a 10% chance of this happening every round.
c) Stunfisk will swarm the pools, causing 2% electric damage every action. This will happen automatically some time between rounds six and ten.
d) The antigravity device will sputter out and explode, blowing up the whole arena and killing both Pokemon. There is a 1% chance of this happening every round.

Other notes:
Kam's Fudgie and MF's Warfare are the only Pokémon that may be used; they may be withdrawn from their reserves if they are not in their active squads.
Pre-round Notes
Karkat Vantas and Metallica Fanboy. They're rivals, and always looking for more exciting arenas in which to prove who is superior. This time they've come to a room belonging to the notorious Doctor Kaminko, He Who Cannot Successfully Invent. They've sent out their Pokémon - a Carvanha and a Wailmer - and then the Doctor has attached tiny little devices to them, and then backed away before pressing a button on a remote control - the Wailmer suddenly fell straight up, landing in the top pool with a mighty splash. Then he flees the room, and the referee signals for the battle to begin.

Team Karkat Vantas
1imko5.jpg

Wailmer
Fudgie (Male)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Status: I'm uspide down I'm upside down I'm upside down aaaaaaa
Commands: Substitute (10%) ~ Body Slam / Curse ~ Attract / Body Slam / Curse

Team Metallica Fanboy
1imko5.jpg

Carvanha
Warfare (Female)
Health: 100%
Status: Heh, silly thing. Hey, I wonder what happens if I press this.
Commands: Substitute (15%) ~ Super Fang / Focus Energy / Flip ~ Focus Energy / Super Fang / Chill

Round 1 Begin!

Fudgie and Warfare glare at each other in their reverse-gravity states, whilst the trainers shout orders to them. They both begin their first attack, but a strange zapping sound interrupts them. Everyone in the room looks about for the source, with the exception of the referee: knowing something's going to happen, she sends out the League Reuniclus and has it cast a Protect shield around her. She shouts a warning to the other two humans, but it's far too little and much too late: the noise reaches a peak, and the antigravity device concealed within the ceiling suddenly fails. With an enormous sound, it blows up, its nuclear-fusion power cell having gone into meltdown - Doctor Kaminko was told that it was a bad idea, but would he listen? No - and blown. The force of the blast is so great that even within her protective shield, the referee blanks out for a few seconds; when she awakes, she looks upon a scene of utter chaos.

The entire roof is missing, having been blown to smithereens by the explosion, and so the light rainstorm outside is drizzling in. The walls and floor aren't actually missing, but they're very badly damaged - part of one wall collapses as she looks. The pools have been evaporated completely, and the indentations where they once were are barely distinguishable from the rest of the room. Every surface in the room is scorched black, and little fires are spontaneously starting up, only to be quickly extinguished by the drizzle. And in the very centre of the chaos, the two Pokémon: Fudgie and Warfare are lying next to each other on the ground, unconscious and dying. The trainers, meanwhile, have almost certainly been killed in the blast. Worriedly, the referee looks round at the Reuniclus; it's exhausted, having expended a massive amount of energy to protect itself and the girl. Even as she watches it collapses, unconscious from energy loss; she recalls it, then calls up the league to get someone in to get the trainers and Pokémon some help - and to pay doctor Kaminko for his room. Then, fearful that he may return, she sends out a Staraptor, gets on and flies out of the open hole where the roof once was, leaving behind the ruins that were once an experimental battlefield.

Round 1 End!

Team Karkat Vantas
1imko5.jpg

Wailmer
Fudgie (Male)
Health: 0%
Attacks Used: [nothing]

Team Metallica Fanboy
1imko5.jpg

Carvanha
Warfare (Female)
Health: 0%
Attacks Used: [nothing]

Damage / Energy Calculations
Explosion - 100% damage

Notes
- I imagine that that must be the fastest battle in ASB history. Over before even the first action!
- Also I cannot believe that it happened this quickly, but I rolled a 1, so.

Arena Notes
- The entire arena has been destroyed, rubble everywhere, walls and floor scorched black, water evaporated away, Pokémon unconscious, trainers almost certainly dead. The entire ceiling has been destroyed, leaving the room open to the sky. In amidst all the chaos, though, one place of relative normalcy remains: a small section, protected by the Reuniclus, is completely unharmed.

Prizes
Okay, as far as I recall, Karkat Vantas and Metallica Fanboy both get $8, and I get $5. Both Fudgie and Warfare get 2 EXP. And that's everything. I'd say good game, but there... wasn't one.

Well, never thought I'd get to beat you even faster than the first time.

Good match while it lasted.

Yeah, it's similar

...hm, I could fight with Kappa next time, and it's roughly equal to a Carvanha. Does that sound good?

Yeah, it's similar

...hm, I could fight with Kappa next time, and it's roughly equal to a Carvanha. Does that sound good?
I could fight with Ankle Biter, anyhow, so we could have an amphibious showdown.

That, or we could have a double match so I can use Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff.

But who would they fight against?

OR... you could lend me Hella Jeff and we could have a battle taking place in SWEET BRO AND HELLA JEFFS HOUSE...,

Riiight. As stated elsewhere, there will be no prizes for this battle. Squornshellous Beta gets money for reffing this round as usual, but that's it.

Back
Top Bottom