• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

bulbasaur vs. Byrus (ref: Squornshellous Beta)

Squornshellous Beta

Pronoun
she/they/any
10v10 singles
Style: Set, except moves such as Baton Pass, Roar, Volt Switch, etc. are permitted.
DQ: 3 days (lest it last forever)
Damage Cap: 25% per action to a maximum of 33% per round
Banned: OHKO, Attract, direct healing. Chills permitted.
Arena: A flat grassy plain with a water source (a slowly flowing, but quite wide, stream) in the middle.
bulbasaur's Active Squad
Bulbasaur
Thallium (Male)
Ability: Overgrow
Held Item: Leaf Stone

Vulpix
Bromine (Female)
Ability: Flash Fire

Buizel
Cuprum (Male)
Ability: Swift Swim
Held Item: Oran Berry

Sandshrew
Aurum (Male)
Ability: Sand Veil

Pachirisu-f
Oxygen (Female)
Ability: Run Away
Held Item: Rawst Berry

Riolu
Bismuth (Female)
Ability: Inner Focus

Machop
Chlorine (Male)
Ability: Guts

Nidoranm
Hydrogen (Male)
Ability: Poison Point

Slowpoke
Lithium (Male)
Ability: Oblivious

Tirtouga
Glucinum (Male)
Ability: Solid Rock

Byrus's Active Squad
Houndoom
Yami (Female)
Ability: Flash Fire
Held Item: Electrizer

Stunky
Ruiag (Male)
Ability: Stench
Held Item: Black Sludge

Teddiursa
Shardik (Male)
Ability: Quick Feet
Held Item: Reaper Cloth

Gulpin
Gastro (Male)
Ability: Liquid Ooze

Grimer
Lobh (Female)
Ability: Sticky Hold

Druddigon
Lacero (Male)
Ability: Sheer Force
Held Item: Muscle Band

Koffing
Mollser (Male)
Ability: Levitate
Held Item: Electrizer

Vullaby
Geier (Female)
Ability: Overcoat
Held Item: Blackglasses

Abra
Prospera (Male)
Ability: Synchronize
Held Item: Magmarizer

Deino
Scrios (Male)
Ability: Hustle
Held Item: EXP Share

First Round
- Byrus sends out
- bulbasaur sends out and attacks
- Byrus attacks
- I ref

Last edited:
Right then, I'll start with Ruiag. He also has a levitation body mod, here's the proof of purchase plus approval and here's the details:

Body mod: Levitation
For pokemon that weigh up to 100 lbs (~45 kg), levitation will cost 2% energy per action to maintain. For pokemon between 101 lbs and 250 lbs (~113 kg) it will cost 3% per action to maintain, and for pokemon 251 lbs to 440 lbs (~200 kg), it will cost 4% energy to maintain levitation. Levitation enables pokemon to reach a height no greater than 2 m, and has the visual effect of being in a state with no gravitational pull towards the earth. Pokemon who undergo this training will be classified as Consensually Levitating Pokemon. This is a two-day course, and pokemon will need to be picked up before battle.
Fighting- or Bug-type pokemon will expend an extra 2% energy to levitate, as they have less affinity with psychic energy. Psychic-type pokemon will expend 1% less energy.

I believe my Tirtouga is named Glucinum, not Glucnium (although the latter sounds more like an element).

And by "A flat grassy hill" I meant "A flat grassy plain". You have an idea of how tired I was when I typed that. Anyways, I send out Chlorine the Machop.

So, Chlorine. This looks like it's going to be a long battle. Let's Bulk Up once, then Focus Blast twice unless Ruiag Protects (it's a green shield), in which case Bulk Up again.

Bulk Up~Bulk Up/Focus Blast~Bulk Up/Focus Blast

Snatch that bulk up for yourself, then make as many double team clones as you can. Finish with headbutt.

Snatch ~ Double team ~ Headbutt

Also, thank you for reffing this Squorn. I think you might be slightly mad though!

10v10 singles
Style: Set, except moves such as Baton Pass, Roar, Volt Switch, etc. are permitted.
Arena: A flat grassy plain with a water source (a slowly flowing, but quite wide, stream) in the middle.
Pre-round Notes
This battle is fully intended to be a long one. Both combatants have their full set of ten Pokémon, and the referee is prepared to stay with the battle to the very end. The very fact that it's a 10-v-10 is novelty enough for these trainers, though, so they fly in to a nice, simple field, with a river running down the middle for whichever Pokémon should wish to use it. The trainers teleport in chairs, snacks and drinks, sit down and get comfortable, and send out their Pokémon: a Machop and a Stunky. The referee sits back and relaxes before shouting "battle begin!"

Team bulbasaur
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Machop
Chlorine (Male)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Bulk Up ~ Bulk Up / Focus Blast ~ Bulk Up / Focus Blast

Team Byrus
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Stunky
Ruiag (Male)
Commands: Snatch ~ Double Team ~ Headbutt
Signature Attribute: Levitation
Item: Black Sludge

Round 1 Begin!

Almost as soon as he's sent out, the Stunky begins glowing with that appears to be a black light, in complete defiance of everything we know about light. Then he simply sits there and waits patiently until Chlorine begins to make a move: he begins flexing and exercising his muscles, heedless of the darkness that's slowly enveloping him. Just as soon as his exercising is complete, the darkness implodes on him, then pulls back to Ruaig; when it fades away, the Stunky's muscles are visibly bigger, and he grins triumphantly.

Then he begins to run around in circles, prompting a strange look from Chlorine. Already fairly fast, he begins to speed up, within a matter of seconds becoming naught more than a motion blur. When he slows to a stop, there are five, identical Stunky following behind him. Or well, it's assumed that they're behind him, anyway; he could be any one of them. And Chlorine knows this only too well; he places his hands together in front of him, palms forward, and a tiny spark of red energy appears in front of them. It begins to grow, and within about five seconds it's the size of a basketball; he launches it at a random Stunky, praying it's the real one, and looks on in disappointment as it flies straight through the Stunky and explodes on the ground, the clone vanishing.

Each of the now-five Stunky suddenly launches into a run, charging towards Chlorine and then barelling into his side, Ruaig's hard skull slamming into Chlorine's stomach and winding him, making him collapse to the ground. It takes him a few seconds to get his breath back, and by the time he gets up the Stunky have scrambled: the real one could be any of them. Shaking his head, he charges up another ball of fighting-type energy and then launches it at the nearest Stunky, hoping that he might get lucky; his prayers are answered as the ball hits Ruaig in the head, explodes violently, and prompts an agonized squeal from the skunk. Each of the clones dematerializes, the illusion revealed for what it is, and Chlorine grins: looks like things are going his way.

Round 1 End!

Team bulbasaur
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Machop
Chlorine (Male)
Health: 91%
Energy: 80%
Attacks Used: Bulk Up ~ Focus Blast ~ Focus Blast

Team Byrus
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Stunky
Ruiag (Male)
Health: 82%
Energy: 81%
Attacks Used: Snatch ~ Double Team ~ Headbutt

Damage / Energy Calculations
Snatch - 5% energy
Double Team - 7% energy
Focus Blast - 10% energy (accuracy roll 63, needed 100 to miss)
Headbutt - 9% damage, 7% energy (accuracy roll 42, needed 100 to miss)
Focus Blast - 21% damage, 10% energy (accuracy roll 12, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- Mad? No, I'm not mad. I'm not mad. I'm not mad I'm not mad I'mnotmadI'mnotmadI'mnotmad
- The second Focus Blast successfully hit through the Double Team.
- Stench-Headbutt did not cause a flinch.

Arena Notes
- Unchanged.

Next Round
- Byrus attacks
- bulbasaur attacks
- I ref

Focus Blast - 21% damage, 10% energy (accuracy roll 12, needed 100 to miss)

Shouldn't that 100 be a 70? Although it doesn't make any difference in this case .

Anyway, tough luck Ruiag. Let's spray him with acid to show our displeasure. Finish with a flamethrower. Quickly make a substitute if you don't already have one and he uses smack down. Roar at him for a bit if he uses bide.
Sweep your acid spray or flamethrower around to take out any clones.

Acid spray/Substitute(10%)/Roar ~ Acid spray/Substitute(10%)/Roar ~ Roar/Substitute(10%)/Flamethrower

Let's make Focus Blast hit once, then follow up with Bulldoze. Finish off with Metronome.

Focus Blast~Focus Blast/Bulldoze~Focus Blast/Bulldoze/Metronome

10v10 singles

Team bulbasaur
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Machop
Chlorine (Male)
Health: 91%
Energy: 80%
Commands: Focus Blast ~ Focus Blast / Bulldoze ~ Focus Blast / Bulldoze / Metronome

Team Byrus
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Stunky
Ruiag (Male)
Health: 82%
Commands: Acid Spray / Substitute / Roar ~ Acid Spray / Substitute / Roar ~ Roar / Substitute / Flamethrower

Round 2 Begin!

Ruaig hisses, his protective clones now destroyed. He's going to make that Machop pay! He spins round, facing directly away from Chlorine, and then from a gland in his rear he ejects a powerful spray of acidic poison. It drenches the unfortunate Chlorine, and almost immediately his skin begins to break out in an ichy rash. He grimaces, and then with some difficulty, places his hands in front of him, palms-forward; he charges up another ball of fighting-type energy, launching it at Ruaig and just managing to hit. It explodes, but when the smoke clears, Ruaig seems unmoved.

And almost immediately, he launches off another spray of acid, drenching the Machop once more and irritating the rash even more. Chlorine resists the urgs to scratch madly at it - with great difficulty, it must be said - and begins stamping on the ground. Ripples, as though the gruond were water, radiate out from the impacts, and Ruaig is finally moved: his legs are swept out from beneath him, tossing him over and aside and leaving him stinging and sore.

With some difficulty, he pushes himself to his feet. Facing away from the Machop, he begins concentrating methane inside his body, and then suddenly ejects a cloud of it at Chlorine; with a tiny spark, he ignites it, and instantly Chlorine is bathed in flames. He screams, and drops to his hands and knees, while around him the flames burn; within a couple of minutes they burn themselves out, and Chlorine lies there, panting. When he finally recovers, though, he staggers to his feet and begins waggling his finger back and forth; suddenly, his skin becomes bathed in a white glow, almost as though he were evolving. It quickly fades away to reveal a very, very shiny Machop beneath, and when he touches it he realizes that it's hard and cold - in fact, his skin has become a metallic substance.

Round 2 End!

Team bulbasaur
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Machop
Chlorine (Male)
Health: 60%
Energy: 58%
Attacks Used: Focus Blast ~ Bulldoze ~ Metronome (Conversion)

Team Byrus
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Stunky
Ruiag (Male)
Health: 59%
Energy: 68%
Attacks Used: Acid Spray ~ Acid Spray ~ Flamethrower

Acid Spray - 5% damage, 3% energy (accuracy roll 55, needed 100 to miss)
Focus Blast - 21% damage, 10% energy (accuracy roll 21, needed 70 or above to miss)
Acid Spray - 9% damage, 3% energy (accuracy roll 4, needed 100 to miss)
Bulldoze - 5% damage, 6% energy (accuracy roll 99, needed 100 to miss)
Flamethrower - 17% damage, 7% energy (accuracy roll 23, needed 100 to miss)
Metronome (Conversion) - 6% energy

Notes
- It should. Just pretend it was.
- Flamethrower did not inflict a burn. It was, however, a critical hit.
- Conversion made Chlorine a steel-type via Heavy Slam.

Arena Notes
- Unchanged.

Next Round
- bulbasaur attacks
- Byrus attacks
- I ref

Oh, sh*t. Reason #2 why not to use Metronome just because.

Light Screen, Focus Blast, and Body Slam. If you see Ruaig Snatching that Light Screen, move it back one action and do, the current action, what you are to do the next, and move Light Screen to the next one, repeating if necessary.

Light Screen/Focus Blast~Light Screen/Focus Blast/Body Slam~Light Screen/Body Slam

Oh god, metronome. How you amuse me.

Taunt to prevent light screen, then go nuts with flamethrower.

Taunt ~ Flamethrower ~ Flamethrower

10v10 singles
Team bulbasaur
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Machop
Chlorine (Male)
Health: 60%
Energy: 58%
Commands: Light Screen / Focus Blast ~ Light Screen / Focus Blast / Body Slam ~ Light Screen / Body Slam

Team Byrus
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Stunky
Ruiag (Male)
Health: 59%
Energy: 68%
Commands: Taunt ~ Flamethrower ~ Flamethrower

Round 3 Begin!

Ruaig begins the round by shouting at Chlorine. He gives a series of insults towards Chlorine, his family, and everything he's ever done. Behind his words he leaves a tracery of dark energy, and it takes hold: Chlorine's mind is instantly filled with thoughts of tearing the Stunky limb from limb, and he can't bring himself to do anything else. He throws his palms up in front of him, quickly forming another sphere of fighting energy and hurling it at Ruaig. It explodes on impact, but Ruaig notes it seems significantly less powerful than the others.

When the smoke clears, Ruaig is again facing away from him. He once again expels a stream of methane at Chlorine, igniting it to form a stream of fire that sears Chlorine's skin - even more this time than the last, actually, which he attributes to his new shiny skin. When she stream ceases, he immediately charges up and launches another ball of energy, exploding once again on Ruaig; from inside the smoke, though, shoots another stream of fire, once again engulfing Chlorine; the smoke clears up before the Flamethrower ends, and when Ruaig ceases he turns to Chlorine. He's surprised, though, to see that Chlorine is running towards him; he jumps into the air, landing on Ruaig with significant force. As he walks away, he feels his irrational rage fading, and he feels very glad about this.

Round 3 End!

Team bulbasaur
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Machop
Chlorine (Male)
Health: 27%
Energy: 50%
Status: I do not like Taunt. Special defense -4, steel-typed.
Attacks Used: Focus Blast ~ Focus Blast ~ Body Slam

Team Byrus
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Stunky
Ruiag (Male)
Health: 29%
Energy: 53%
Attacks Used: Taunt ~ Flamethrower ~ Flamethrower

Taunt - 3% energy (accuracy roll 74, needed 100 to miss)
Focus Blast - 14% damage, 11% energy (accuracy roll 10, needed 100 to miss)
Flamethrower - 22% damage, 6% energy (accuracy roll 41, needed 100 to miss)
Focus Blast - 14% damage, 11% energy (accuracy roll 27, needed 100 to miss)
Flamethrower - 22% damage, 6% energy (accuracy roll 97, needed 100 to miss)
Body Slam - 5% damage, 6% energy (accuracy roll 56, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- So what's reason #1?
- Also sorry for the delay ; ; I completely lost this in the chaos of my computer frying itself.

Arena Notes
- Unchanged.

Next Round
- Byrus attacks
- bulbasaur attacks
- I ref

Well, you're one battered little skunk, but we're nearly there. Flamethrower all the way, but chill if he protects, detects or is currently out of range with something like dig. Make a quick substitute (if you don't already have one) if he tries to inflict confusion on you through swagger or dynamic punch.
Make sure to float up if he uses a ground move and sweep your flamethrower about to take out any clones.

Flamethrower/Chill/Substitute (10%) x3

(I got back earlier than expected btw, so you can disregard my absence sheet post now)

Last edited:
Reason #1: Metronome => SelfDestruct

Hmm... Let's hope we get lucky.

DynamicPunch~DynamicPunch~DynamicPunch

10v10 singles

Team bulbasaur
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Machop
Chlorine (Male)
Health: 27%
Energy: 50%
Status: I do not like Taunt. Special defense -4, steel-typed.
Commands: Dynamicpunch ~ Dynamicpunch ~ Dynamicpunch

Team Byrus
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Stunky
Ruiag (Male)
Health: 29%
Energy: 53%
Commands: Flamethrower / Chill / Substitute ~ Flamethrower / Chill / Substitute ~ Flamethrower / Chill / Substitute

Round 4 Begin!

Facing away from Chlorine once more, Ruaig begins scraping at the ground madly, throwing up a spray of dirt that lands in a neat pile behind him. Then he turns to face it and spits out a glob of thick poison onto the pile. It soaks in pretty quickly, leaving a pile of purple mud. That same mud, suddenly, pulls itself up, collecting into a bizarre Stunky-replica. Chlorine, having been concentrating his energy this whole time, leaps up and launches himself at Ruaig and, fist glowing intensely, throws himself down with as much force as he can muster, preparing to smash into the Stunky head-on. The pile of sludgy mud gets in the way, though: it shoves Ruaig out of the way and leaves itself in the line of fire. He smashes into it, and it basically explodes, mud going everywhere; Chlorine grimaces, thick globs having landed all over him.

As Chlorine immedaitely huddles over to prepare for another Dynamicpunch, Ruaig begins scrabbling up another pile of dirt, once again vomiting goo over it and letting it come to life. He jumps into the air, preparing to repeat the move, but this time the results are slightly different: the Substitute shoves Ruaig aside again but, this time, manages to get out of the way; Chlorine smashes into the ground and, injuring his fist in the process, leaves a respectable crater.

Ruaig spins round to be facing away from Chlorine, then once again launches a jet of methane at him, ingiting it with a small spark. The stream of fire engulfs him and he screams, but quickly falls silent; when Ruaig ceases the attack, Chlorine is lying on the ground, unconscious.

Round 4 End!

Team bulbasaur
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Machop
Chlorine (Male)
Health: 0%
Energy: 38%
Attacks Used: Dynamicpunch ~ Dynamicpunch

Team Byrus
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Stunky
Ruiag (Male)
Health: 12%
Energy: 37%
Attacks Used: Substitute ~ Substitute ~ Flamethrower
Ani434MS.png
Substitute
Health:
10%

Substitute - 10% health (Ruaig), 5% energy
Dynamicpunch - 11% damage, 9% energy (accuracy roll 17, needed 50 or above to miss)
Substitute - 10% health (Ruaig), 5% energy
Dynamicpunch - 11% damage, 9% energy (accuracy roll 100, needed 50 or above to miss - missed)
Flamethrower - 29% damage, 6% energy (accuracy roll 65, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- Huh, hadn't thought of that. What number is Splash on that list?
- I refuse to go the obvious route and make Substitute out of methane.
- Flamethrower was a critical hit. Fair few of these showing up in this battle.

Arena Notes
- There are a couple of pits in the ground, and some slugey purple mud scattered around the place.

Next Round
- bulbasaur sends out and attacks
- Byrus attacks
- I ref

Splash is pretty low, because it doesn't actually do damage to the user. Unlike... :(

Let's go, Glucinum! Go on and spam Brine.

Brine~Brine~Brine

Dark pulse, then EXPLODE IN HIS FACE when your substitute breaks.

Dark pulse ~ Dark pulse/Explosion ~ Dark pulse/Explosion

10v10 singles

Team bulbasaur
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Tirtouga
Glucinum (Female)
Commands: Brine ~ Brine ~ Brine

Team Byrus
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Stunky
Ruiag (Male)
Health: 12%
Energy: 37%
Commands: Dark Pulse ~ Dark Pulse / Explosion ~ Dark Pulse / Explosion
Ani434MS.png
Substitute
Health:
10%

Round 5 Begin!

bulbasaur sends out a Tirtouga to replace his fallen Pokémon, which appears in the river flowing through the centre of the field.

Almost immediately, Ruaig turns to face the new combatant, then closes his eyes and begins concentrating; suddenly, a wave of malicious energy erupts out of him, tearing over the field in all directions. It washes over most everything, but Glucinum is less lucky: it strikes her directly, her face and the front of his body absorbing the majority of the strike. She growls painedly, and then dives under the water briefly. She sucks in as much water as can fit into her body and shell, then begins to mix in salt from sources in her body. When the water is a sufficiently strong brine, she comes back to the surface and spits a jet of saltwater at Ruaig. The Substitute leaps in the way, though, taking the brunt of the attack; it dissolves into a pile of salty mud.

Ruaig growls and then runs towards the Tirtouga. As he goes, he begins building up the methane in his body, concentrating it and preparing it for ignition. He reaches the shore of the river, gets as close to Glucinum as he can, and then with a tiny spark, ignites the entire lot. An enormous eplosion rings out, a fireball consuming a huge area of the field.

When the smoke finally clears away to something resembling visible, there's an enormous area of the ground missing, a crater there instead. The river's quickly filling it up, turning it into a little pond; Glucinum, worried about the charred and near-dead Stunky, dives into said pool, finding the unconscious form of Ruaig floating an inch from the bottom. She grabs the Stunky in his mouth and brings him up to the surface, hurling him onto the land before swimming around the new pool victoriously. Byrus recalls his Pokémon with a grim and tight-lipped expression, considering what to replace him with.

Round 5 End!

Team bulbasaur
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Tirtouga
Glucinum (Female)
Health: 74%
Energy: 91%
Attacks Used: Brine

Team Byrus
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Stunky
Ruiag (Male)
Health: 0%
Energy: 18%
Attacks Used: Dark Pulse ~ Explosion

Dark Pulse - 10% damage, 6% energy (accuracy roll 91, needed 100 to miss)
Brine - 16% damage, 9% energy (accuracy roll 45, needed 100 to miss)
Explosion - 16% damage, 13% energy (accuracy roll 67, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- I love reffing Explosion :D

Arena Notes
- There are a couple of pits in the ground, and some slugey purple mud scattered around the place. There's also a large pile of salty mud sitting near the other mud.
- There's a massive crater in the ground, connected to the river and having filled up to make a little pond.

Next Round
- Byrus sends out and attacks
- bulbasaur attacks
- I ref

Last edited:
Who doesn't like writing about things going boom? :D Even if that thing happens to be an adorable little skunk.

Alright Shardik, you're up. Start by using yawn until it works. Then hit him with seed bomb. Use bulk up if he protects, detects or uses bide.

Yawn/Bulk up ~ Yawn/Bulk up/Seed bomb ~ Yawn/Bulk up/Seed bomb

Hmm... Let's set up a Substitute at 10%. We'll exploit that Shardik's trainer wasn't specific enough by using Toxic, then Hydro Pump.

Substitute 10~Toxic~Hydro Pump

BTW, Glucinum is female. Sorry for not noticing earlier.

10v10 singles
Team bulbasaur
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Tirtouga
Glucinum (Female)
Health: 74%
Energy: 91%
Commands: Substitute ~ Toxic ~ Hydro Pump

Team Byrus
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Teddiursa
Shardik (Male)
Ability: Quick Feet and Intimidate
Commands: Yawn / Bulk Up ~ Yawn / Bulk Up / Seed Bomb ~ Yawn / Bulk Up / Seed Bomb
Item: Reaper Cloth

Round 6 Begin!

To replace his fallen Stunky, Byrus sends out a bizarrely intimidating Teddiursa, which flexes its arms and growls menacingly.

The very first thing that this Teddiursa does, though, is to yawn widely in the direction of Glucinum, making very sure that the Tirtouga can see him. Glucinum catches the yawn and begins to feel tired himself, but pushes it from his mind and tries to focus on the battle. He dives down into the little pond, and bites at the side of it; a portion of the ground suddenly collapses, sliding in, and a large cloud of soil quickly becomes mud. That mud then begins, in complete defiance of all logic, to contract, pulling in to a central point; it groups together quickly to become a hard, Tirtouga-shaped mud statue. Its eyes suddenly glow bright white and it begins to move, swimming around and darting between Glucinum and Shardik.

Shardik himself reaches down to the ground and picks up a plant he finds there. He begins pouring energy into it, and it expands and swells, becoming a large seed. He hurls it into the water, and it embeds itself into the mud clone; it explodes violently, grass energy tearing the mud clone to shreds. Glucinum, enraged at the loss of his clone, surfaces and, drawing toxins from within his body, spits them as one, purple glob at Shardik. It hits, and quickly soaks through her skin; she feels violently sick as it begins flowing through her bloodstream. Suddenly, though, the weariness that she felt suddenly overtakes her; her eyes slide closed and she droops, her heavy shell quickly weighing her down. As she sinks, Shardik hurls another explosive seed at her; it lodges in her shell and detonates, smashing a chunk out of her shell and causing her to twist in pain even in her sleep.

Round 6 End!

Team bulbasaur
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Tirtouga
Glucinum (Female)
Health: 52%
Status: ZzzzzZZZZzzZxxxrrxxxZZZzzzznnnXXX Attack -1, asleep (moderate; one more round).
Attacks Used: Substitute ~ Toxic ~ [asleep]

Team Byrus
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Teddiursa
Shardik (Male)
Ability: Quick Feet and Intimidate
Health: 98%
Energy: 84%
Status: >C Stupid Tirtouga. Badly poisoned (2% this round, 3% next)
Attacks Used: Yawn ~ Seed Bomb ~ Seed Bomb
Item: Reaper Cloth

Yawn - 4% energy
Substitute - 10% health (Glucinum), 5% energy
Seed Bomb - 12% damage, 6% energy (accuracy roll 71, needed 100 to miss)
Toxic - 5% energy (accuracy roll 70, needed 90 or above to miss)
Seed Bomb - 12% damage, 6% energy (accuracy roll 39, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- That Seed Bomb had a bizarrely disproportionate damage-energy ratio.

Arena Notes
- There are a couple of pits in the ground, and some slugey purple mud scattered around the place. There's also a large pile of salty mud sitting near the other mud.
- There's a massive crater in the ground, connected to the river and having filled up to make a little pond.

Next Round
- bulbasaur attacks
- Byrus attacks
- I ref

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom