• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Rules

Hey, if a pokemon uses dig on the first action, can it stay down for the 2nd and 3rd action?

Can paralysis affect a Pokémon who uses a move not requiring movement?
Full paralysis can disrupt the concentration of a pokémon using an attack that doesn't require movement. This will reduce the attack's effectiveness, but not stop it entirely.

Can croagunk breath underwater?
Not as such, although they can stay underwater for relatively long periods of time (five or six rounds, probably) without having to take in air.

If you gave a Pokemon with Lightningrod and Electrizer, would it get both boosts if hit by an electric attack?

Ah, well the description for Electrizer is misleading then. as it claims in addition to all other abilities.

No the Pokemon would get the ability Motor Drive in addition to Lightning Rod, so all electric attacks would be drawn to it, but the Motor Drive ability would activate first after being struck by the attack, so it would get the speed boost, but not the boost from Lightning Rod. Like how Ground-types don't get the boost from Lightning Rod becuase the attack is negated by its type. (I think.)

Last edited:
If a Pokemon is in one battle and then evolves after another battle ends, the Pokemon doesn't evolve in the ongoing battle, right?

Next, the referee will post both members' active squads--and here's where your profile is important! As soon as the referee copies the active squad from your profile and posts it in a battle thread, you won't be able to change your team around for the duration of the battle. Although you can switch up your active squad, evolve members of it, and so forth while in the midst of a fight, your active squad at the start of a battle is the one you'll be able to draw from for the duration of that particular fight.

No the Pokemon would get the ability Motor Drive in addition to Lightning Rod, so all electric attacks would be drawn to it, but the Motor Drive ability would activate first after being struck by the attack, so it would get the speed boost, but not the boost from Lightning Rod. Like how Ground-types don't get the boost from Lightning Rod becuase the attack is negated by its type. (I think.)
Correct. The electirizer draws off the electricity of the attack, so the pokémon doesn't actually get struck by anything itself. Thus, no additional boost.

If a Pokémon faints due to status damage or something and it has multiple opponents, where does the experience go? Last to hit it?

That... would be absolutely wonderful. I ruled that out as a possibility because that would make double battles exp motherlodes but I guess I should've asked sooner.

From my experience with double battles, as long as a member of an opponent's team faints, all the members of your team currently out get EXP.

Double battles aren't that big of an EXP mother lode, since in a 2v2 you're only getting 3 exp at most (provided you don't have a lucky egg).

Of course, I could be wrong, in which case I apologize in advance, but I've observed this in the past and that was the case.

If a Pokemon has a Lucky Egg, and then someone uses a move like Thief to get it, does it still give double EXP for each KO the original Pokemon holding it scores?

Back
Top Bottom