• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Skyman vs. Zapi

...um.
Where did you get Dragon Claw from? I told her to use Facade on the last action, since I thought she'd be paralyzed. (I did originally have her using Dragon Claw there, but I changed it to Facade before I finished posting, so you couldn't have known that)

Also, why didn't Pika use Thunderbolt on the last action? There's probably a reason for that one that I didn't catch (sorry, I'm tired), but I'm still confused.

So you're not paralyzed after all! Start off with a Dragon Dance, then follow up with a Dragon Claw. On the last action, Dig (down) and try to do so before he attacks. If he uses charm on the first and/or second action, try Swords Dance on the second.

If he tries to use a move (other than zap cannon) with a 100% chance of inflicting a status condition (like swagger, sweet kiss, thunder wave etc.) or encore; Protect if it's on the first action, and Dig (down) if it's on the second (in that case, just stay underground on the last action).

Dragon Dance / Protect ~ Dragon Claw / Swords Dance / Dig (down) ~ Dig (down) / Stay underground

...That was really confusing. LotF, if you need me to elaborate, just say so.

Well, we can't just let her set up, now can we Pika?

First, use Sweet Kiss to prevent the dragon dance. Then, use Thunder wave, unless she manages to dig down before you can shoot it off, in which case use Magnet Rise. Finally, end with Double Team and aim for the maximum amount of clones.

Sweet Kiss~Thunder Wave/Magnet Rise~Double Team(max clones)

3vs3 single
Style: Switch
DQ: 8 days
Damage cap: 25%
Banned moves: OHKO moves, weather-changing moves, 20 chills
Arena: Surrounded plain

A fairly large and unremarkable plain, with the exclusion of the fact that it is surrounded entirely by rock walls, has a sizeable lake on the southern side, and the fact that the heavens refuse to obey any pokemon, thus preventing the weather ever changing from a nice autumn day.
Other: Only 100% unevolved pokemon may be used

Team Sky
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Pichu
Pika – male
<Static>
Health: 82%
Energy: 61%
Chills: 3/20​

Team Zap
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Axew
Johanna – female
<Rivalry>
Health: 75%[CAPPED]
Energy: 77%
Status: "Take that, evil creature." Eyeing fiercely at her opponent. (+2 attack)
Chills: 6/20

Round XII Start

Pika was pretty sure he had ruined everything with the dragon last round. Lashing wildly at someone isn’t the best way to seduce, and firing off thunderbolts isn’t exactly nice either. Nevertheless, nothing was lost, and surely a delightful kiss would set things right – no female in the Pokémon world can resist a sweet kiss from a Pichu (it is what we call “common knowledge”).

With this in mind, Pika carefully approached the Axew with his usual watery eyes and innocent looks. Johanna didn’t move an inch. The Pichu kept on, until he was about thirty centimetres away from his target. As Johanna was showing no sign of threat, Pika got closer…

“WOOSH!”

A green energy shield promptly popped up in front of Johanna, startling Pika and forcing him to back up from a few steps. Enjoying her foe’s astonishment, Johanna let the shield hang in mid-air for a few moments, then let it fade away. She had the feeling nothing could stop her.

Pika had an entirely different view of the situation, though; that dragon had to be stopped, at any rate. Again, he generated a small amount of energy from his cheeks a released it in a shockwave fashion, and the Thunder Wave swept the field to Johanna.

Except, Johanna had disappeared. She was nowhere to be seen, several feet under the surface, slowly digging her way to Pika. A large hole and a small mud heap was all that was left from her. Pika found it quite pleasant not to face his scary opponent – he would deal with that later. Right now, he had to concentrate on the defensive. He crouched and started to run in circles, at a pace far faster that the average Pichu – he had sent a good deal of electric energy to his legs and was now nearly invisible to the naked eye. When he stopped frolicking, five illusionary clones were standing next to him, and no one (not even his trainer) could pretend knowing where the real Pika was.

Round XII End

Team Sky
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Pichu
Pika – male
<Static >
Energy: 42%
Status: “Teamwork.” Now more confident with the assistance of his clones. (+2 special attack | has five Double Team clones)

Team Zap
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Axew
Johanna – female
<Rivalry>
Health: 75%
Energy: 66%
Status: "Gotta dig, gotta dig~" Frolicking underground. (+2 attack)

Damage and Energy Calculations

Protect - 4% energy
Sweet Kiss – 6% energy
Dig (Down) – 4% energy
Thunder Wave – 4% energy
Double Team (five clones) – 9% energy

Notes:

- Since both Pokémon were given “if” commands on the second action, it went to the first poster’s situation, i.e. Zapi’s.

Arena Notes:

- The grass where Persephone was hovering is rotten and decayed. The few feathers still lying there have turned black.
- There is a large hole in the ground.

Next Round:

- Skyman orders first.

Last edited:
Um, I ordered Pika to use sweet kiss because Johanna was ordered to protect in the case of sweet kiss, so Johanna should have protected instead of using dragon dance.

Johanna still has the boosts from Dragon Dance, even though she never used it. Plus, since Pichu's are marginally faster than Axew's without a speed boost, wouldn't there at least need to be a roll to see who would go first on the second action?(Yes, I read the note saying why you had her go first-still, Pichu's ARE faster than Axew's.)

EDIT: Ignore the first correction since you already corrected that, but not the other thing.

3 points are not enough to guarantee an outpacing in ASB, and before you ask, yes I rolled it.

(I lost a tournament battle because of little differences in speed)

(OK maybe not just because of that but it played a huge role)

(Also it's not entirely a speed tie Pichu has a better chance)

Hold on a second, I just remembered my conditionals for Pika on action 2: Should Johanna dig down before Pika was able to shoot off thunder wave, he should use Magnet Rise instead. Thus, instead of shooting off a pointless thunder wave, Pika should have used Magnet Rise instead.

Once this is resolved, I'll post my commands.

Yes, I do know that. However, both Pokémon were ordered if commands, and both strings of commands were making an infernal loop.

It was like: Johanna should use Dragon Claw, unless Pika fires off a Thunder Wave, in which case she should dig down, however if she was to dig down then Pika should have used Magnet Rise but in the case Pika used Magnet Rise, Johanna should have used Dragon Claw, and so on.

In those cases, the first poster has priority and the second poster's "if" command is ignored, because the second poster in theory should be conscious it would create such a loop, and so have commanded accordingly.

tl;dr It will stay as it is.

Last edited:
Bah, fine.

Pika, use Magnet Rise first. Then, Chill unless she attacks you with a non-ground type move, in which case use Thunder Wave, and if you use it on the second action, then chill on the last one.

Magnet Rise~Chill/Thunder Wave~Chill/Thunder Wave

3vs3 single

A fairly large and unremarkable plain, with the exclusion of the fact that it is surrounded entirely by rock walls, has a sizeable lake on the southern side, and the fact that the heavens refuse to obey any pokemon, thus preventing the weather ever changing from a nice autumn day.

Team Sky
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Pichu
Pika – male
<Static >
Energy: 42%
Status: “Teamwork.” Now more confident with the assistance of his clones. (+2 special attack | has five Double Team clones)

Team Zap
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Axew
Johanna – female
<Rivalry>
Energy: 66%
Status: "Gotta dig, gotta dig~" Frolicking underground. (+2 attack)

Round XIII Start

Not seeing his opponent was a real pain for Pika. The already anxious Pichu had no idea where she was, or where she would come out to beat him up again. The entire area was his enemy; he couldn’t stand anywhere – and the fear of his draconic opponent was slowly growing up on him. There was only one way out.

This technique was far from easy to execute, as it didn’t use electricity the way he was used to. In fact, it wasn’t using electricity at all – just a wicked, bizarre type of self-produced electromagnetism. While he had not used that move as often as he had should, the Pichu was confident it would be useful on many occasions, and so he had to do it now or never. Pika started generating the energy, and suddenly he began to float a few feet above the ground – but it wasn’t enough to fully dodge a dig attack. He concentrated even harder, feeling his energy drained by the strenuous move, and finally he levitated high enough to avoid any surprises from the betrayer that was the ground.

Johanna, meanwhile, was completely unaware of her opponent’s levitating shenanigans. Moreover, she didn’t give a damn about her opponent – At least, for the moment. The interminable fight had worn her out, and she was feeling safe in her tiny hole. Why the heck should she leave it so soon? She closed her eyes in contentment and a white aura engulfed her, lighting up her improvised bedroom. A few meters higher, Pika attempted at doing the same, except he was levitating. Clumsily, he was trying to regain a sort of stability – but when you spend most of your life frolicking on green plains, it’s easier said than done. Finally, though, he found a way to be comfortable and still floating, and the same white aura shone around him.

Back underground, Johanna had finished her power nap and ready to do something a bit more productive. Draconic energy flowed in her veins and her eyes glowed red. She started her mythical dance of might, moving her arms gracefully and roaring fiercely. The very tight dance floor was not helping her, however, and her movements were clumsier than supposed to, and the move quite harder to execute. At the end, though, the results were the same – she was feeling limber and stronger. Since Johanna wasn’t the type of Pokémon that being a sitting duck, admiring her own musculature, she focused on her next command. That being said, her next command seemed a little counter-productive to her. Dragon Claw was a very neat move, sure, but not when several feet of condensed soil and rock separated her from the target. Rolling eyes, she sat down in the hole and waited for her trainer to give her more intelligent commands.

Round XIII Start

Team Sky
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Pichu
Pika – male
<Static & Levitate>
Energy: 54%
Status: “I’m safe.” Just chillin’ with the clouds. (+2 special attack | has five Double Team clones | Levitating: four more actions)
Chills: 5/20​

Team Zap
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Axew
Johanna – female
<Rivalry>
Energy: 70%
Status: "Damn." Starting to dislike her enclosed hide. (+3 attack, +1 speed)
Chills: 7/20

Magnet Rise – 6% energy, 1% energy per action spent levitating.
Chill – restored 10% energy
Dragon Dance – 6% energy
Dragon Claw – [failed]

Notes:

- *prays nothing is wrong*
- You have to dig up before you attack.
- Since Dragon Dance requires some space to execute it well, I added an extra 2% energy.

Arena Notes:

- The grass where Persephone was hovering is rotten and decayed. The few feathers still lying there have turned black.
- There is a large hole in the ground.

Next Round:

- Zapi orders first.

Last edited:
OHGOD XD I totally forgot she was underground when I gave commands, failfailfail. Sorry about that, Jo! /facepalm

Anyway, go ahead and Dig (up) before I forget again. Doesn't really matter if you hit Pika or not at this point, just get out of there. Next, create five Double Team clones of your own, for evasion-raising purposes.

On the last action, wait and make sure Pika isn't attempting to use flash or mud-slap. If he is, Protect; if not, Hone Claws.

Dig (up) ~ Double Team (5 clones) ~ Hone Claws / Protect

ohgod I hope I didn't mess up this time :/

Alright Pika, let's do some minor trolling!

First, use Thunder Wave once she surfaces. Then, use Shock Wave after, and only after, she uses double team. If she can't use it, however, due to being paralyzed, then Chill instead. Finally, use Hidden Power to see what you get.

Thunder Wave(after Jo surfaces)~Shock Wave(after double team is used)/Chill~Hidden Power

3vs3 single

Team Sky
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Pichu
Pika – male
<Static & Levitate>
Energy: 54%
Status: “I’m safe.” Just chillin’ with the clouds. (+2 special attack | has five Double Team clones | Levitating: four more actions)

Team Zap
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Axew
Johanna – female
<Rivalry>
Energy: 70%
Status: "Damn." Starting to dislike her enclosed hide. (+3 attack, +1 speed)

Round XIV Start

As soon as commands were given, Johanna squeaked in joy. Finally, she would leave this hell hole that prevented her from dealing with Pika. The referee waved his flag, and she erratically foraged the soil above her, bursting out of the ground in a split-second. What she found out, though, was far from pleasing. She was encircled by an army of six Pichu, hovering a few feet above the ground. Moreover, all of them were glowing bright yellow and shedding sparkles, which was not exactly good news for her. Soon enough, she missed her lovely hide.

Pika and his bros didn’t allow Johanna to sink in her nostalgia for a long time, though, and they all released a small amount of static electricity – of course, five of those were only illusion, but when you’re a one and a half foot tall baby dragon, it’s enough to scare the hell out of you. As the discharge was coming from all directions at once, Johanna didn’t make a move to escape, and finally the real thunder wave struck her from behind and spread into her nervous system, making her cringe and back up a few steps.

It took her a while to regain somewhat of a control over her failing muscles, and even then her movements were erratic and strenuous. At any moment she was ready to brace herself for Pika’s next electrical assault, but it never came. Carefully, Johanna stood up, glaring at him. Sure enough, he was preparing something. For a long minute, the Axew just stood there, eyeing at her foe, waiting for him to move. Pika did the same, hovering quietly. Finally, deciding it had been enough waiting, Johanna moved. While her disrupted musculature made it incredibly harder, she still managed to mimic her foe, and started to run in circles, faster, faster, until she was no more than a mere blur. The results, however, weren’t as good – when the dragon reappeared, only two clones were standing by her side.

Pika grinned. Gathering energy, him and his clones began to glow bright, electric currents arcing over his cheeks like buzzing rainbows. Johanna knew exactly what was coming – her cloning shenanigans had been utterly useless, after all. She braced herself, and Pika released his shockwave. It washed over Johanna and her clones, completely disintegrating them and leaving the real one sprawled on the ground.

The sadistic mouse didn’t let his foe the time to recover and began to gather another form of energy, calling upon his inner powers. Glowing orbs appeared around him, shimmering in the autumn light. Johanna barely stood up and he released them like a flurry of tiny meteors, crashing on the poor dragon – she felt like the orbs were actually a volley of punches from the craziest Machamp out there, and she was thrown backwards under the impact. She wished she could just punish Pika for that – unfortunately, orders were orders, and she was left sharpening her tiny claws in hope they would soon be able to reach the annoying mouse and shred it apart.

Round XIV End

Team Sky
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Pichu
Pika – male
<Static & Levitate>
Energy: 34%
Status: “That was simply too easy.” Grinning. (+2 special attack | has five Double Team clones | Levitating: one more action | Hidden Power: Fighting)

Team Zap
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Axew
Johanna – female
<Rivalry>
Health: 57%
Energy: 52%
Status: "Damn." Wanting to claw the Pichu to shreds. (+4 attack, +1 speed, +1 accuracy | Paralyzed, moderate: speed halved, 1/4 chance of full paralysis if movement)

Dig (Up) – 4% energy
Thunder Wave – 4% energy
Double Team (2 clones) – 8% energy
Shockwave – 8% damage, 7% energy
Hidden Power (Fighting) – 10% damage, 9% energy
Hone Claws – 6% energy

Notes:

- Double Team is extremely tiring when you’re paralyzed, and usually doesn’t give good results.
- Pika’s Hidden Power type is fighting.

Arena Notes:

- There are two large holes connected to each other in the ground.

Next round:

- Skyman orders first.

Last edited:
DERP WAY TO FORGET TO COMMAND UNTIL WAY LATE, SKY.

Now that I've got that out, let's do this Pika:

Encore her into using Hone Claws. If she protects, however, then use Chill Then, use Chill. Finally, end the round with Curse.

Encore/Chill~Chill~Curse.

Last edited:
I just noticed, you forgot to note that Johanna is paralyzed in her post-battle status.

I'll have my commands up in a bit~

Back
Top Bottom