• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Whirlpool and RespectTheBlade vs. Mawile and Lord of the Fireflies

Skyman

Well, it's been a while hasn't it?
Pronoun
she
1+1v1+1 tag battle
Style: Set
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned Moves: OHKOs
Arena: Odd Pavilion in the Middle of Nowhere

Well, exactly what it says on the tin. It's a strange gray-brick ruins on a hill that seems it could have been a temple long ago, with felled pillars and broken statues. Well, something seems to still be there, if not the legendaries themselves. Occasionally (i.e. 20% per round), a Psystrike, Aeroblast, Sacred Fire, Mist Ball, Luster Purge, Doom Desire, Psycho Boost, Roar of Time, Spacial Rend, Shadow Force, Dark Void, Seed Flare, Judgment (with STAB to the Pokémon's primary type), V-Create, Sacred Sword, Fusion Flare, Fusion Bolt, Glaciate, Relic Song, or Techno Blast (Normal-type), condensed into an orb that lasts a round, will appear somewhere in the ruins for a Pokémon to pick up (using an action) and use at any time, at the cost of 1.5 of the normal energy cost.

Team Nova Colinas

Whirlpool's Active Squad
shellos.png

Shelly the Female Shellos
Ability: Sticky Hold
Item: Water Stone
More info...

gastly.png

Wisp the Male Gastly
Ability: Levitate
More info...

minccino.png

Mink the Female Minccino
Ability: Skill Link
Item: Shiny Stone
More info...

klink.png

Whirr the Unknown Klink
Ability: Plus
More info...

deino.png

Hydra the Male Deino
Ability: Hustle
More info...

larvesta.png

Firelily the Female Larvesta
Ability: Flame Body
Item: Shell Bell
More info...

trapinch.png

Groundfly the Male Trapinch
Ability: Hyper Cutter
More info...

joltik.png

Spidernet the Female Joltik
Ability: Compoundeyes
More info...

ralts.png

Sharpdawn the Male Ralts
Ability: Synchronize
More info...

vanillite.png

Snowcream the Female Vanillite
Ability: Ice Body
More info...

RespectTheBlade's Active Squad
dratini.png

Drake the Male Dratini
Ability: Shed Skin
Item: Draco Plate
More info...

kirlia.png

Sir Galahad the Male Kirlia
Ability: Synchronize
Item: Dawn Stone
More info...

pawniard.png

Checkmate the Male Pawniard
Ability: Defiant
Item: Scope Lens
More info...

litwick.png

Mona Lisa the Female Litwick
Ability: Flash Fire
More info...

elgyem.png

Mulder the Male Elgyem
Ability: Analytic
More info...

deino.png

Wentz the Female Deino
More info...

scraggy.png

Capone the Female Scraggy
Ability: Moxie
More info...

mienfoo.png

Aang the Male Mienfoo
Ability: Regenerator
More info...

Team Aline Bock

Mawile's Active Squad
misdreavus.png

Envy the Female Misdreavus
Ability: Levitate
Item: Dusk Stone
More info...

charmander.png

Knives the Female Charmander
Ability: Blaze
More info...

porygon.png

Scratch the Unknown Porygon
Ability: Trace
Item: Up-Grade
More info...

oshawott.png

Terezi the Female Oshawott
Ability: Torrent
More info...

zorua.png

Vriska the Female Zorua
Ability: Illusion
More info...

scraggy.png

Dave the Male Scraggy
Item: Expert Belt
More info...

litwick.png

Rose the Female Litwick
More info...

sentret.png

John the Male Sentret
Ability: Keen Eye
More info...

solosis.png

Sollux the Male Solosis
Ability: Magic Guard
Item: Lucky Egg
More info...

archen.png

Karkat the Male Archen
Ability: Defeatist
More info...

Lord of the Fireflies Active Squad
swablu.png

Plume the Female Swablu
Ability: Natural Cure
More info...

mawile.png

Snow the Female Mawile
Ability: Intimidate
More info...

swinub.png

Skjöldur the Male Swinub
Ability: Oblivious
More info...

litwick.png

Baron the Male Litwick
Item: Dusk Stone
More info...

masquerain.png

Peach the Female Masquerain
Ability: Intimidate
More info...

shroomish.png

Mars the Male Shroomish
Ability: Poison Heal
More info...

corsola.png

Moonflower the Female Corsola
Item: Zoom Lens
More info...

electrike.png

Voltari the Male Electrike
Ability: Lightningrod
More info...

sentret.png

Liam Townsborough the Male Sentret
Ability: Keen Eye
More info...

The RNG dictated that Whirlpool+RespectTheBlade are one team and Mawile+Lord of the Fireflies is the other team. The team names were also decided by random Wikipedia articles.

Alright then guys, here's the super long round order(determined by the oh-so-wonderful RNG gods):

-Whirlpool and RespectTheBlade send out
-Mawile and Lord of the Fireflies send out
-Lord of the Fireflies attacks
-Mawile attacks
-Respect the Blade attacks
-Whirlpool attacks
-I ref and hope I keep my sanity

Yes I will eventually give all of the pokemon pictures. It may take me a while, though, since there is 40 OF THEM D:

Last edited:
Spidernet, you're up.

please send in scraggy or something

Edit: I can't believe I didn't say this earlier, but thank you so much for this. :D

Last edited:
...Nova Colinas is the most awesome name in the history of the universe. Aside from Dave Strider.

Anyway, I have a feeling Capone will be useful here. Crime empire and all.

(Thank you for taking this. Hopefully you /will/ keep your sanity.)

OK, Voltari. You can win this. Easily.

Use Magnet Rise, then follow up with a boosted Howl and finish with Thunder Fang (80 base power, don't forget) on Capone. If you are taunted, just go mad with Thunder Fang on Capone. If you act silly and don't listen to me, move over your commands one action.

Magnet Rise~Howl/Thunder Fang@Capone/Magnet Rise~Howl/Thunder Fang@Capone/Magnet Rise

All right.

First use Taunt on Spidernet until it hits her. Then on the remaining turns (which should be two if she didn't Protect), use Earthquake if Capone doesn't use Smack Down on Voltari. If she did, use Acrobatics on Capone.

Taunt @ Spidernet ~ Taunt @ Spidernet/Earthquake/Acrobatics @ Capone ~ Taunt @ Spidernet/Earthquake/Acrobatics @ Capone

Here we go.

First off, Fake Out Karkat so the first taunt doesn't work. Follow up with two Stone Edges at Karkat. If your health gets below 60% for some reason, Detect on the last action instead.

Fake Out @ Karkat~Stone Edge @ Karkat~Stone Edge @ Karkat/Detect

Let's Gastro Acid @ Voltari first to get rid of that Lightningrod (ahahah). If you're not taunted the second action, Thunder Wave @ Karkat and then Electro Ball @ Karkat. If you are taunted the second action, Electroweb @ Karkat and Bug Buzz @ Voltari.

Gastro Acid @ Voltari ~ Thunder Wave @ Karkat/Electroweb @ Karkat ~ Electro Ball @ Karkat/Bug Buzz @ Voltari

Or, you know, you could read the A&A Guide and see that he asked a question. :/

And I can't find anything about if Gastro Acid erases gained abilities anywhere, so no help there.

Both Serebii and the A&A guide states Gastro Acid as erasing the target's natural ability, so I guess it's just Lightningrod then. I might by wrong though.

I'm always wrong

1+1v1+1 tag battle

Well, exactly what it says on the tin. It's a strange gray-brick ruins on a hill that seems it could have been a temple long ago, with felled pillars and broken statues. Well, something seems to still be there, if not the legendaries themselves. Occasionally (i.e. 20% per round), a Psystrike, Aeroblast, Sacred Fire, Mist Ball, Luster Purge, Doom Desire, Psycho Boost, Roar of Time, Spacial Rend, Shadow Force, Dark Void, Seed Flare, Judgment (with STAB to the Pokémon's primary type), V-Create, Sacred Sword, Fusion Flare, Fusion Bolt, Glaciate, Relic Song, or Techno Blast (Normal-type), condensed into an orb that lasts a round, will appear somewhere in the ruins for a Pokémon to pick up (using an action) and use at any time, at the cost of 1.5 of the normal energy cost.

Pre-Round

It appears that ASBers are getting desperate for places to battle. Desperate enough to battle here, some ancient ruins in the middle of nowhere, where legends are said to still haunt. Still, the battlers wanted to be here, and they signed the waiver, so the league let them come here, and the poor ref was assigned to do the battle.

Once they arrived at the location, the four battlers split up into the two teams. After a few minutes of strategy making, both sides sent out their Pokemon: from the Nova Colinas, there was a cute little electric bug and something that looked like a cross between a lizard and a human. From team Aline Bock, a bird that appeared to be from ancient times and a particularly large electric dog. After the orders were given, the ref signaled for the match to begin.

Team Nova Colinas

Whirlpool's Pokemon
1imko5.jpg

joltik.png

Spidernet (F)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Gastro Acid @ Voltari ~ Thunder Wave @ Karkat/Electroweb @ Karkat ~ Electro Ball @ Karkat/Bug Buzz @ Voltari

RespectTheBlade's Team
1imko5.jpg

scraggy.png

Capone (F)
Commands: Fake Out @ Karkat~Stone Edge @ Karkat~Stone Edge @ Karkat/Detect

Team Aline Bock

Mawile's Team
1imko5.jpg

archen.png

Karkat (M)
Commands: Taunt @ Spidernet ~ Taunt @ Spidernet/Earthquake/Acrobatics @ Capone ~ Taunt @ Spidernet/Earthquake/Acrobatics @ Capone

Lord of the Fireflies' Team
1imko5.jpg

Electrike.png

Voltari (M)
Ability: Lightningrod
Commands: Magnet Rise~Howl/Thunder Fang@Capone/Magnet Rise~Howl/Thunder Fang@Capone/Magnet Rise

Round 1 begins!

Immediately, Capone rushed up to Karkat, and went "SURPRISE!" before punching him square in the beak. Staggering a little at this, Karkat was too surprised at the immediate attack to remember that he was supposed to be yelling horrible insults at Spidernet to piss her the hell off. Not paying attention to what his ally was doing, Voltari began to manipulate the electric field in and around him. After a few seconds of doing this, he suddenly lifted up a few feet in the air, high enough to dodge ground attacks, but not high enough to be unable to hit his opponents. He was feeling mighty pleased with himself until he felt something vile on his back. Turning his head, he saw that his back was covered in what appeared to be intestine fluids, and that the person so disgusting to do this was that damn spider. He was going to do something when he suddenly dropped out of the sky and straight on his face, which only served to piss him off.

Finally recovering from the surprise attack, Karkat remembered that he was supposed to be pissing off that little electric spider. Looking around, he finally found her, and began shouting your run-of-the-mill insults, which of course included her being forever alone, at least 5 yo mama jokes, and several statements saying how fat she was. The ref was facepalming at how overused some of these insults were, but Spidernet wasn't paying attention to the ref. All she was thinking about was how best she could electrocute and kill Karkat. Deciding that making a huge web of electricity was best, she began to spin a huge web. After a couple of minutes, she was satisfied with her huge web,which was invisible to the naked eye, so she got behind it, and called out to her opponents "Hey you two, come and get me! I'm all defenseless!" Karkat and Voltari, in a moment of stupidity, both rushed forward to attack Spidernet, only to be stopped by the web and promptly electrocuted by it. While Voltari didn't feel it too badly, Karkat really felt it-the electricity stung him extra hard for some reason.

After a few seconds, the web disintegrated, and Karkat and Voltari were released, although they felt slower than they did before. Recovering quickly, though, Voltari let out a huge war howl. It seemed to have had a huge affect for him, because his eyes looked to have grown more wild, and the muscles on his body bulged ever so slightly while simultaneously making him very confident in his ability to give an ass kicking to his opponents. Observing this and everything that had happened before, Capone finally made her move. Calling upon many sharp pieces of the ruins, she sent them all flying to poor Karkat, who was hit by every single one of them and thus was tossed around oh so very easily before the rocks finally stopped hitting him.

Pleased with how the battle was going in their favor, Spidernet went on to the next part of the plan. Going up to Voltari, she began to make an extremely high pitched buzz into his ears. This made him grate his extremely large teeth in agony, wishing that he could attack her. Eventually, she gave him mercy and stopped, although not before making him live through hearing that sound for at least 30 seconds.

Finally recovered from the barrage of rocks that he was subjected to, Karkat got up and banged his body on the ground. At first looking a little ridiculous, pretty soon the entire ground was shaking like hell, and everybody but Karkat was being flung around the field-including his teammate. A couple of the pillars also fell, although none of them hit any of the combatants. Eventually, the ground stopped shaking, although not before causing some cracks to appear in the ground.

Once he had regained his balance, Voltari shook his head to clear away any leftover disorientation and looked around. After a few seconds, he finally found Capone, her target, and let out a howl before rushing forward to him. Reaching her, his teeth began to give off electricity before finally biting down on Capone. Yowling, Capone flinched in pain as the extra large fangs bite down into her flesh and electricity surged through her veins. After a few seconds, Voltari finally let go and backed off a few feet, pleased with the deep marks he left. Capone, despite her trainers orders, just stood there in shock at the pain she had just felt. After waiting for a few minutes for her to move, the ref just finally decided to end in and declared the round over. Right as he did this, a small orb with an R on it appeared in the center, where time went ever so slightly out of whack.

Round 1 Over!

Team Nova Colinas

Whirlpool's Pokemon
1imko5.jpg

joltik.png

Spidernet (F)
Health: 90%
Energy: 82%
Status: Everything went better than expected. Taunted(1 more action)
Commands: Gastro Acid@Voltari~Electroweb~Bug Buzz @ Voltari

RespectTheBlade's Team
1imko5.jpg

scraggy.png

Capone (F)
Health: 76%
Energy: 86%
Commands: Fake Out@Karkat~Stone Edge@Karkat~[flinched]

Team Aline Bock

Mawile's Team
1imko5.jpg

archen.png

Karkat (M)
Health: 67%
Energy: 88%
Commands: [Flinched]~Taunt@Spidernet~Earthquake

Lord of the Fireflies' Team
1imko5.jpg

Electrike.png

Voltari (M)
Ability: Lightningrod ability negated
Health: 70%
Energy: 84%
Status: Annoyed at most of the round, but pleased to see his opponent finching. -1 speed, +2 attack. Under the effect of gastro acid until the fluid is shaken off
Commands: Magnet Rise~Howl~Thunder Fang@Capone

Calculations:

Fake out: 6% damage, 6% energy
Magnet Rise: 6% energy
Gastro Acid: 6% energy
Taunt: 4% energy
Electroweb: 4% damage on Voltari, 15% damage on Karkat, 5% energy
Howl: 2% energy
Stone Edge: 12% damage, 8% energy
Bug Buzz: 11% damage, 7% energy
Earthquake: 10% damage on Capone and Spidernet, 15% damage on Voltari, 8% energy
Thunder Fang: 14% damage, 8% energy

Notes:

-Since Voltari and Spidernet speed tied, I rolled the RNG for who would go first on each action. Voltari went first on action 1 and Spidernet went first on actions 2 and 3, although it didn't really matter for the last action due to the speed tie being broken
-Fake out was a critical hit and made Karkat flinch
-Gastro Acid removed both Lightningrod and Levitate(which was gained from Magnet Rise) from Voltari
-Electroweb is a multi-target move, so I reffed it as that. I probably screwed that up, so if I did I would appreciate being told that.
-Electroweb was a critical hit on Karkat. I think you need more RNG shrines, Mawile.
-Stone Edge was not a crit, however, so you lucked out there
-Bug buzz did not lower special defense
-Karkat used Earthquake despite Voltari being on the ground due to Capone not using Smack Down on Voltari
-Thunder Fang made Capone flinch
-Roar of Time has now spawned in the middle of the field and is available to be picked up by anybody now until the end of next round

Arena Notes:

-Some pillars are knocked over and there are cracks in the ground from the earthquake
-There is an orb with a R on it that is doing minor distortion of time around itself in the center of the arena

Next Round

-Respect the Blade and Whirlpool attacks
-Lord of the Fireflies and Mawile attacks
-I ref(hopefully on time this time!)

Just so you know, a more experienced ref told me that Gastro Acid removes all abilities.

Last edited:
DQ warning for Team Nova Colinas. You guys have about 36 hours or so to post

I apologize, kinda forgot about this.

Okay. Ice Punch once on Karkat, and then Drain Punch Voltari twice. If they Protect, use Dragon Dance. If you get inflicted with a status, switch to Facade on the last two actions. (don't use Facade on Karkat, use Ice Punch.)

Ice Punch @ Karkat/Dragon Dance~Drain Punch @ Voltari/Facade @ Voltari/Dragon Dance ~Drain Punch @ Voltari/Facade @ Voltari/Dragon Dance

Let's Thunderbolt @ Karkat first to get some damage; then Agility over to that orb to pick it up and save for later, possibly avoiding attacks in the process. Finish with another Bug Buzz @ Voltari, I suppose. If they Protect, Chill.

Thunderbolt @ Karkat/Chill ~ Agility ~ Bug Buzz @ Voltari/Chill

Well, Karkat.

First use Agility to go pick up that pretty little orb that Spidernet wants and to hopefully avoid that nasty little Ice Punch. Then let's hit Spidernet with a Stone Edge. Lastly let's hit Capone with an Acrobatics.

Agility (get the orb) ~ Stone Edge (Spidernet) ~ Acrobatics (Capone)

arena descriptions said:
1+1v1+1 tag battle

When the replacement referee (a beret-wearing linoone) finally appeared, the trainers and their pokemon felt as if it's been months. It wasn't a dramatic entry, really, because the linoone's teleporter (or whatever the trainers used to get to this odd pavilion in the middle of nowhere) seemed to have malfunctioned again and materialized the poor referee about ten feet off the ground. The only thing the referee said was a painful "oof" when gravity realized that it was there.

The trainers, on the other hand, weren't about to wait any longer and decided to start the stupid second round already. While the referee was still scrambling to pull its referee flags out of its maroon beret (who the heck keeps things in berets anyway?), the pokemon on the field started going at each other.

"Hey, wait up, hold on, uh. Oh, whatever. Round start!"

Team Nova Colinas

Whirlpool's Pokemon
1imko5.jpg

joltik.png

Spidernet (F)
Health: 90%
Energy: 82%
Status: Everything went better than expected. Taunted(1 more action)
Commands: Gastro Acid@Voltari~Electroweb~Bug Buzz @ Voltari

RespectTheBlade's Pokemon
1imko5.jpg

scraggy.png

Capone (F)
Health: 76%
Energy: 86%
Commands: Fake Out@Karkat~Stone Edge@Karkat~[flinched]

Team Aline Bock

Mawile's Pokemon
1imko5.jpg

archen.png

Karkat (M)
Health: 67%
Energy: 88%
Commands: [Flinched]~Taunt@Spidernet~Earthquake

Lord of the Fireflies' Pokemon
1imko5.jpg

Electrike.png

Voltari (M)
Health: 70%
Energy: 84%
Status: Annoyed at most of the round, but pleased to see his opponent finching. -1 speed, +2 attack. Under the effect of gastro acid until the fluid is shaken off
Commands: Magnet Rise~Howl~Thunder Fang@Capone

Round 2​

Spidernet -- the smallest battler on the field -- was somehow the fastest. Probably because everyone else was half-fried and tangled in sticky spider web. Yellow fur cackling, the little spider sent out a bolt of electricity bigger than itself at her target. Who suddenly disappeared in a blur. Karkat laughed evilly as he shot towards the weird glowing sphere that his trainer had told him to go get for some absurd reason that he didn't really care about, his now relaxed muscles giving him a boost in speed as he dodged the Thunderbolt with great Agility. Spidernet panicked a bit as her Thunderbolt missed, but she saw a suspicious blur out of the corner of her eyes and swept the bolt of electricity over out of instinct. Bingo. Karkat screeched with surprised as he felt his buttfeathers getting fried, and he landed in a tangled, feathery heap right beside the weird glowing sphere. And there goes his attempt at being cool...

Spidernet, who was gloating over her awesome Thunderbolt, suddenly felt her own body getting fried. Voltari the electrike glared at tiny spider, still entangled in the sticky web. He was pretty pleased with his orders for this round, and he was intent on paying the little spider back for getting gunk all over his fur.

Meanwhile, the archen had picked up the sphere and was holding it awkwardly in his beak when he saw the scraggy waddling over. And then he saw stars as the pants-wearing lizard gave him a nice uppercut right under the jaw. The icy energy from the punch burned into his skin, and Karkat almost swallowed the orb as a result. The attack hurt. A lot. Karkat decided that this battle was not worth his awesome time anymore and half-heartedly sent a barrage of pointy rocks at the little spider spazzing somewhere far away. Although the Stone Edge was a lot weaker than what it would have been, it still dealt a lot of damage on the account that most of these rocks were bigger than Spidernet herself. To make everything worse for the poor spider, Voltari had managed to shake some of that stick net off and was itching to chew on something. Flames covering his mouth, the electrike bit down on the joltik while the only thing Spidernet could do in return was spazz uncontrollably as her muscles seized up.

Her teammate came to the rescue, however, in the form of a punch hard enough to knock the electrike to let go. Glowing orbs of energy seeped out of the green dog and sunk into Capone as the scraggy absorbed his energy.

Karkat looked at the battle and decided that he really, really, didn't want to join, but his trainer would kill him if he ditched. Putting in as little effort as possible, the archen half danced, half-bounced over to the scraggy and gave her a good whack on the head with his wing. The attack would've looked a lot more graceful if the archen wasn't holding an enormous orb in his beak. Voltari took this time to chew on his little spider chew toy again, flames once again shooting out from his jaws, before Capone punched him in the head and made him drop Spidernet again. The little spider quivered on the ground, still immobilized and in very much pain.

Team Nova Colinas

Whirlpool's Pokemon
1imko5.jpg

joltik.png

Spidernet (F)
Health: 49%
Energy: 76%
Status: Everything went worse than expected. Paralyzed (severe)
Commands: Thunderbolt @ Karkat ~ paralyzed ~ paralyzed

RespectTheBlade's Pokemon
1imko5.jpg

scraggy.png

Capone (F)
Health: 79%
Energy: 68%
Commands: Ice Punch @ Karat ~ Drain Punch @ Voltari ~ Drain Punch @ Voltari

Team Aline Bock

Mawile's Pokemon
1imko5.jpg

archen.png

Karkat (M)
Health: 48%
Energy: 78%
Status: Stupid lizards. +1 Speed; holding the Roar of Time orb
Commands: Agility (get the orb) ~ Stone Edge (Spidernet) ~ Acrobatics (Capone)

Lord of the Fireflies' Pokemon
1imko5.jpg

Electrike.png

Voltari (M)
Health: 52%
Energy: 69%
Status: Annoyed at most of the round, but pleased to see his opponent finching. -1 Speed +2 Attack. Under the effect of gastro acid until the fluid is shaken off
Commands: Thunder Wave@Spidernet ~ Fire Fang@Spidernet x2

Notes:
- Spidernet's Thunderbolt almost missed due to Agility and the RNG. It would've missed if not for Spidernet's Compoundeyes.
- Spidernet is fully paralyzed during the second action and the third action. Somebody's been skimping on donations to the RNGods...
- Karkat's ability Defeatist set in after getting Ice Punched, so Stone Edge and Acrobatics had their power halved.
- Because Karkat is holding the orb, Acrobatics didn't deal as much damage
- Note to self: Karkat, Voltari, Capone, Spidernet

Arena Notes:
- Some pillars are knocked over and there are cracks in the ground from the earthquake

Other Notes:
- Question: Does it take an action for a Pokemon to use the orb to attack?
- Question 2: Can more than one orb be on the field at once (aka, a Pokemon is holding one, and another spawns)?
- Lord of the Fireflies and Mawile attack
- Respect the Blade and Whirlpool attack
- I get rich from e-reffing

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom