• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Rules

Pokémon made ghost-type through means other than dying do not have access to phasing abilities.
Why? And what do we assume if there's no word either way? (My headcanon has Drifloon and Litwick being born whenever a balloon pops or a candle burns out, respectively. I don't think there's any canon explanation for those two, but out of curiosity, would something like that count as dying?)

I think that applies less to "dying" and more to being a natural ghost-type, albeit one that is unfettered by chains, rocks, jewels, etc. and so can phase completely. That comment, iirc, only has to do with things like people typechanging their clefairy into a ghost or what have you.

Yes, that clause is in there to prevent people from type-changing things into ghosts or part-ghosts in order to pick up the ability to phase. The "dying" thing is just for flavor.

If Pokémon A has 3 energy and uses an attack which uses 4 energy against Pokémon B, both trainers down to their final Pokémon, who is the winner?

No, a ghost's being able to phase isn't tied up to its typing that closely. It will be able to phase even if you remove its ghost typing somehow (in battle. If a ghost gets type-changed to something else by a sig attribute or something, it will have to give up phasing).

Little thing, but in the section about prizes you say that the loser in the 2v2 double battle situation would get $4 when they should get $6 (2*$3).

Also, isn't it time you removed that clause about being banned from challenges from the rules? I still see some refs getting tripped up by that.

Start with Hypnosis, but only do it until they put up a protect; once that's up, abort your Hypnosis, and use Encore. After that, use Thunderbolt twice.

Begin Hypnosis; stop and Encore ~ Thunderbolt ~ Thunderbolt
Can he... do that? I mean, Encore will get blocked by Protect anyway, so it won't make much of a difference if I just have his Kirlia ignore it and use Hypnosis, but I'm sort of bewildered. (This Kirlia is holding Choice Specs, if that matters.)

Little thing, but in the section about prizes you say that the loser in the 2v2 double battle situation would get $4 when they should get $6 (2*$3).

Also, isn't it time you removed that clause about being banned from challenges from the rules? I still see some refs getting tripped up by that.
Yeah, the rules need to be rewritten. There are various falsehoods and other problems in them as they stand.

Can he... do that? I mean, Encore will get blocked by Protect anyway, so it won't make much of a difference if I just have his Kirlia ignore it and use Hypnosis, but I'm sort of bewildered. (This Kirlia is holding Choice Specs, if that matters.)
He cannot, with or without choice specs. You might be able to get past the occasional "pretend to use X, but actually be doing Y," but "start X, then stop and do Y" is not something that can be done in one action.

Could a charging move charge one action and be fired off at first-priority the next action?

I did a little thread search but didn't find anything, so here goes nothing:

If a Pokémon wearing a lucky egg at the start of a battle and loses it during, does it still get double the exp upon defeating a foe?

On topic, if a Pokémon obtains a lucky egg through Thief, Covet, Trick, Switcheroo, etc and wins the battle, does it get double the exp?

Yes to the first, no to the second. All held items that affect evolution, experience, etc. trigger their effect at the time the pokémon is first sent into battle. Swapping it around after the fact does nothing.

Pretty sure this will be a no, but if I finish reffing a battle for my simulation business, does that count towards a free capture?

Who recieves the extra dollar if a match was split between two referees and the end amount of money is odd?

(Both zeKieranator and I reffed in Pathos vs. Ampharos, and the total money for the referee is $15. You can't have half of a dollar, can you?)

The description for Inherently Hovering Pokemon states that Ground-type moves will miss them by default. However I see things such as Metang, Magnezone, and Vanillite that aren't immune to Ground attacks. Is Ground attacks missing these Pokemon a thing that happens? Do they gain an immunity to Ground attacks unless somehow grounded?

Back
Top Bottom