• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

bulbasaur vs. Byrus (ref: Squornshellous Beta)

Nothing we can do. Since you're tired of describing the same move over and over, I'd like to

Switch to Lithium

(What an exciting round this'll be! You'll really have earned your money, Squorn)

10v10 singles
Style: Set, except moves such as Baton Pass, Roar, Volt Switch, etc. are permitted.
DQ: 3 days (lest it last forever)
Damage Cap: 25% per action to a maximum of 33% per round
Banned: OHKO, Attract, direct healing. Chills permitted.
Arena: A flat grassy plain with a water source (a slowly flowing, but quite wide, stream) in the middle.

Team bulbasaur
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Sandshrew
Aurum (Male)
Ability: Sand Veil
Health: 9%
Energy: 20%
Status: I didn't get to test out my shield :c Attack +1, defense +1, special defense -1, accuracy +1.
Commands: Switch to Lithium ~ Switch to Lithium ~ Switch to Lithium

Team Byrus
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Grimer
Lobh (Female)
Ability: Sticky Hold
Health: 68%
Energy: 42%
Status: I feel pretty good considering my face was just smashed to pieces. Special attack -2.
Commands: Giga Drain / Chill ~ Giga Drain / Chill ~ Giga Drain / Chill
Item: Black Sludge

Round 17 Begin!

The second the next round begins and Lobh makes a move in Aurum's direction, bulbasaur quickly plucks a Pokéball off his belt. He points it towards Aurum, and the Sandshrew dissolves into red energy, flowing like a liquid back into the tiny sphere. He replaces the ball on his belt, quickly chooses another, and tosses it lightly into the air; it splits open and disgorges a burst of white energy, which flows forward onto the field and takes form, assuming the shape of a pink-and-white creature, with dopey-looking eyes and a widely smiling mouth - a Slowpoke. He looks around as though he'd rather be sleeping, then turns his attention to his opponent, the instinct to battle winning out over even the Slowpoke's perpetual drowsiness.

Round 17 End!

Team bulbasaur
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Slowpoke
Lithium (Male)
Ability: Oblivious
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Attacks Used: Switch to Lithium

Team Byrus
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Grimer
Lobh (Female)
Health: 69%
Status: But- but- but- I was going to take him out! Special attack -2.
Attacks Used: [nothing]

Damage / Energy Calculations
[none]

Notes
- I don't exactly mind getting money for little effort, haha.
- Current EXP count for my later convenience: Chlorine 1, Aurum 1, Lithium 1, Lobh 3, Ruaig 2, Glucinum 2, Shardik 2, Bismuth 2.

Arena Notes
- The rain is pouring (two more actions).
- There are a couple of pits in the ground, and some slugey purple mud scattered around the place. There's also a large pile of salty mud sitting near the other mud.
- There's a massive crater in the ground, connected to the river and having filled up to make a little pond.
- Just in front of Lithium, there's a little puddle of mud.

Next Round
- bulbasaur attacks
- Byrus attacks
- I ref

Last edited:
Yes, it is. Aurum is considered knocked out (but still gets to spectate!).

I'll edit in my commands when I have that spark of inspiration.

Well, then; that makes things significantly trickier. Let's open up with a Mud slap, then use Future sight. Follow that with a Psychic.

Mud slap~Future Sight~Psychic

A small substitute should handle mud slap and psychic for now, and we'll worry about future sight later. Then, take advantage of the last action of rain and use a thunder. Finish by chilling.

Substitute (10%) ~ Thunder ~ Chill

10v10 singles
Style: Set, except moves such as Baton Pass, Roar, Volt Switch, etc. are permitted.
Arena: A flat grassy plain with a water source (a slowly flowing, but quite wide, stream) in the middle.
Team bulbasaur
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Slowpoke
Lithium (Male)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Mud-Slap ~ Future Sight ~ Psychic

Team Byrus
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Grimer
Lobh (Female)
Health: 69%
Status: But- but- but- I was going to take him out! Special attack -2.
Commands: Substitute ~ Thunder ~ Chill

Round 17 Begin!

Lobh actually moves quickly when compared to the sluggish Slowpoke, it seems. She hurls her arm forward and slams it onto the ground, and it begins to pull apart from her. Within a matter of seconds the two are seperate, and the smaller one is beginning to move on its own. While it wriggles around in a sluglike manner, Lobh reforms her arm as quickly as she can; as she does. Lithium finally manages to make a move, scraping up a small amount of dirt from the ground. He spits out just a little water onto it, making it a thick mud, then turns his tail to it; a sharp whip of his tail sends it flying at the smaller blob, which it smashes into and melds with, diluting its poisonous form.

Lobh grins, her arm now fully reformed. She raises it into the air and begins manipulating the rainclouds, causing electricity inside to spark and jolt worryingly. Suddenly, the very air seems to rend itself in two as a huge bolt of lightning drops from the clouds, slamming into Lithium like a cement truck and prompting him to let out a horribly pained shout. When he can once again force his brain to function, he taps into a powerful, if tricky, part of his brain; the flow of time begins to distort before him and he watches the battle play out in his mind, observing the outcome interestedly. He selects an ideal moment, when his opponent is at the most defenseless, and hurls a blast of psychic energy to that precise moment and place; he watches as his opponent grimaces before returning to the present. Suddenly, just like he saw, the rainclouds begin to thin out, quickly vanishing to leave a clear sky once more.

Lobh grins, then settles down in a restful-looking pile of immobile goo. She allows her body to regenerate itself at an incresed rate, occasionally breathing out a few bubbles throughout her form. Lithium, in turn, begins a move: his eyes take on a pink glow and the strange, slug-like creature begins to distort and bulge; suddenly it takes on a bright pink glow and vaporises, nothing remaining where it once was. Lobh looks on, unhappy.

Round 17 End!

Team bulbasaur
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Slowpoke
Lithium (Male)
Health: 86%
Energy: 80%
Attacks Used: Mud-Slap ~ Future Sight ~ Psychic

Team Byrus
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Grimer
Lobh (Female)
Health: 59%
Energy: 40%
Attacks Used: Substitute ~ Thunder ~ Chill

Substitute - 10% health (Lobh), 5% energy
Mud-Slap - 3% damage, 4% energy (accuracy roll 6, needed 100 to miss)
Thunder - 14% damage, 7% energy
Future Sight - 8% energy
Chill - restored 10% energy (Lobh)
Psychic - 13% damage, 8% energy (accuracy roll 41, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- Apologies if it's awfultastic, I'm still in the grip of writer's block.
- Current EXP count for my later convenience: Chlorine 1, Aurum 1, Lithium 1, Lobh 3, Ruaig 2, Glucinum 2, Shardik 2, Bismuth 2.

Arena Notes
- There's a Future Sight hanging around.
- There are a couple of pits in the ground, and some slugey purple mud scattered around the place. There's also a large pile of salty mud sitting near the other mud.
- There's a massive crater in the ground, connected to the river and having filled up to make a little pond.

Next Round
- Byrus attacks
- bulbasaur attacks
- I ref

R.I.P Lobh's thing. (haha, seriously that was really cute)

I forgot about your special attack loss... eh, go for a swagger, then haze away the stat changes. Finish with a giga drain at his health. If he tries to inflict a status on you with something like yawn or thunder wave, set up a small substitute. Chill if he protects or is otherwise out of range (underground or something).

Swagger/Substitute (10%)/Chill ~ Haze/Substitute (10%)/Chill ~ Giga drain (Health)/Substitute (10%)/Chill

Well, Detect wouldn't put you "out of range", so let's start with that. Set up another Future Sight. Finally, Trick Room.

Detect~Future Sight~Trick Room

10v10 singles
Team bulbasaur
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Slowpoke
Lithium (Male)
Health: 86%
Energy: 80%
Commands: Detect ~ Future Sight ~ Trick Room

Team Byrus
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Grimer
Lobh (Female)
Health: 59%
Energy: 40%
Commands: Swagger / Substitute / Chill ~ Haze / Substitute / Chill ~ Giga Drain / Substitute / Chill

Round 18 Begin!

Lobh begins to call insults across at her opponent, bragging about her own prowess and belittling that of Lithium. One really wouldn't expect the slow-witter creature to be affected by the attack, but it seems that one would be wrong; an expression of anger slowly crosses his face, and he growls at Lobh while considering his options. He doesn't recognize the command "Detect", so... he supposes he should move onto his next command? His eyes take on a bright pink glow, and a ball of energy of the same color begins to form in front of him; quickly it resolves into the shape of a Slowpoke, lowering itself down to the ground. As the real one's eyes return to normal color, the translucent energyclone looks around, then walks slowly between him and his opponent.

He grins, very slowly. This is the time he foresaw! And so, he thinks, the Future Sight should be coming in right about... there! A sudden distortion of space materializes by her head, causing her to flatten and twist grotesquely around a point that seems to be constantly changing. It takes only a few seconds for space to untwist, but that few seconds is enough to hurt her quite significantly; she grimaces and shuffles around, trying to regain her bearings. When she's managed to get her vision down to merely three of everything, she turns to face one of the Lithiums; opening her mouth wide she mixes up a chemical cocktail in her body, spewing it out as a foul-smelling, purple haze. It engulfs the entire battlefield within a matter of seconds, quickly neutralizing the weakening that Lobh had been given earlier; it fades away just as fast, leaving a considerably stronger Lobh. Lithium, meanwhile, is once again messing with the fabric of spacetime; he looks into the future, selecting a moment his opponent seems least distracted, and launches another psychic blast to that moment. He grins as he sees its effects before closing off the attack, leaving him once again stranded in the present.

Lobh is getting quite tired of Lithium by now. She raises her arms high up, looking as dramatic as she can, and taps into Lithium's clone's energy; the pink energy it's made of converts to a bright green, and the creature disintegrates. Reduced to orbs of floating energy, it floats towards Lobh; she quickly absorbs it into herself, grinning. Lithium's eyes glow neon pink again as he begins to mess with the fabric of space-time, twisting it up as much as he can around himself. Suddenly, he seems to be moving at an insane speed, while Lobh seems to be sluggish; the referee looks on with some interest, and the round draws to an end.

Round 18 End!

Team bulbasaur
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Slowpoke
Lithium (Male)
Health: 75%
Energy: 66%
Status: What'sgoingontime'sallfastheyheyhey. Attack +2; confused (moderate; 25% chance of confusionfail).
Attacks Used: [nothing] ~ Future Sight ~ Trick Room

Team Byrus
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Grimer
Lobh (Female)
Health: 52%
Energy: 27%
Attacks Used: Swagger ~ Haze ~ Giga Drain

Substitute - 10% health (Lithium), 5% energy
Swagger - 4% energy (accuracy roll 24, needed 90 or above to miss)
Haze - 3% energy
Future Sight - 15% damage (accuracy roll 45, needed 100 to miss)
Future Sight - 8% energy
Giga Drain - 11% damage, restored 5% health (Lobh), 6% energy (accuracy roll 34, needed 100 to miss)
Trick Room - 6% energy

Notes
- Since Slowpoke can't learn Detect, Lithium defaulted to his next command, Substitute.
- For the record, I did indeed roll all three actions for confusion, he came up false.

Arena Notes
- There's a Future Sight hanging around.
- Time is borked by Trick Room (two more rounds).

Next Round
- Byrus attacks
- bulbasaur attacks
- I ref

Last edited:
I hate to be nitpicky, but are you sure Slowpoke can learn detect? It's not showing up in the Pokédexes that I've checked.

FFF---

Looked at wrong Pokédex page. Yeah, Grimer can learn it; Slowpoke can't. :'(

Posting this kinda quickish, so let's see how this works.

Use shadow ball, then giga drain, and finish by chilling. If he uses yawn, mimic it, then use it back at him at the first opportunity, unless he has a sub/safeguard set up, then just go with the attacking option. Chill on the first action if he uses bide or protect.

Shadow ball/Mimic (Yawn)/Chill ~ Giga drain (health)/Mimic (Yawn)/Yawn ~ Chill/Mimic (Yawn)/Yawn

10v10 singles
Team bulbasaur
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Slowpoke
Lithium (Male)
Health: 75%
Energy: 66%
Status: What'sgoingontime'sallfastheyheyhey. Attack +2; confused (moderate; 25% chance of confusionfail).
Commands: Me first ~ Yawn ~ Psychic

Team Byrus
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Grimer
Lobh (Female)
Health: 52%
Energy: 27%
Commands: Shadow Ball / Mimic / Chill ~ Giga Drain / Mimic / Yawn ~ Chill / Mimic / Yawn

Round 19 Begin!

Before anyone can make a move, Lithium once more recognizes the time he saw when performing the Future Sight technique. He grins as space once again twirls itself into a bizarre shape around Lobh, pulling her gelatinous form in all directions excruciatingly. As it untwists, she falls onto the ground with a horrible plop noise, slowly gathering herself together in quite a disgusting manner.

His movements still lightning-fast, Lithium whips his head around, staring at Lobh intently as he begins to move at a snail's pace. A psychic glimmer shows in his eyes as he copies the energy signature she's using to attack; opening her mouth wide, she begins to mimic the move, a dark blob of shadow forming inside. He flicks his head vaguely, and the orb flies out; it hurtles towards her, weaving erratically, and slams into her side. She winces, the attack sending ripples through her, and continues charging her own, still moving at a ridiculously slow pace. The orb forms in her hand, and she hurls it forward like a baseball pitch; it wobbles round in a veritable zig-zag, but manages to curve back round to strike Lithium; he winces and staggers to one side, quickly righting himself.

Instead of moving, this time, Lithium simply waits in place. Lobh moves at a snail's pace, tapping into Lithium's mind as best she can. A greenish aura forms around him, slowly peeling away and drifting over to her. Lithium looks bored by the whole process; he suddenly yawns widely, mocking the slowness of her attack. The yawn seems to go on for a very long time, and Lobh can't help but notice it; like all yawns, it's contagious, and she begins to get a vague feeling of drowsiness herself. She tries to push it aside as she finishes absorbing what energy she can get.

Lithium grins; Lobh's right where he wants her. A brief glimmer of light flashes in his eyes, and he attempts to pace idly; he can't handle his newfound speed all too well, though, and trips, stumbling forward painfully; the energy he was building up implodes violently, giving him the feeling of a knife to the head. Lobh, meanwhile, doesn't seem inclined to do much; she's getting increasingly drowsy, and within a few minutes she's nodded off into a light sleep, deepening by the second.

Round 19 End!

Team bulbasaur
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Slowpoke
Lithium (Male)
Health: 47%
Energy: 52%
Status: Owthiskindahurts. Attack +2; confused (moderate; 25% chance of confusionfail).
Attacks Used: Me first ~ Yawn ~ [confused]

Team Byrus
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Grimer
Lobh (Female)
Health: 34%
Energy: 25%
Attacks Used: Shadow Ball ~ Giga Drain ~ Chill

Future Sight - 15% damage (accuracy roll 1, needed 100 to miss)
Me First - 12% damage, 9% energy (accuracy roll 52, needed 100 to miss)
Shadow Ball - 12% damage, 6% energy (accuracy roll 80, needed 100 to miss)
Giga Drain - 11% damage, restored 6% health (Lobh), 6% energy (accuracy roll 82, needed 100 to miss)
Yawn - 5% energy
Confusionfail - 5% damage (Lithium)
Chill - restored 10% energy (Lobh)

Notes

Arena Notes
- Time is borked by Trick Room (one more round).

Next Round
- bulbasaur attacks
- Byrus attacks
- I ref

Last edited:
I think both Pokémon's health needs looking at.

52-12-15+6+1+1+1 is not 43.

25-12-11-5 is not 52.

I'll post my commands sometime soon.

Um, I ordered her to mimic yawn if her opponent used it, then yawn at the first opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom