• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Altoram Dept. Store II (Now with Sprites!)

Lord of the Fireflies

Back in black.
ArchenAltoram Dept. Store IITirtouga

Just outside the busy streets of ASB Central (and its regional border) lies a building the likes of which cannot be found anywhere outside a League-controlled region. Inside its doors you will find shelves upon shelves of... absolutely nothing. The rows are never stocked. However, customers never come for what's on the shelves, they come for what's behind the padlocked, sliding (bulletproof) glass cases: discontinued TMs.

You see, every time the Pokémon League decides that a certain TM has been around long enough, Pokémarts everywhere just ship them to storage houses in Orre or similar places. Altoram Dept. Store does not.

You see, since it's outside any League-controlled region, the Altoram Dept. Store cannot suffer any of the repercussions of selling discontinued TMs. The TMs are still quite old, however, and so they wouldn't function quite the same as one of the more recent TMs. For example, a Pokémon who is taught more than one TM move bought here can suffer from severe health problems, so using multiple TMs on one Pokémon is against store policy.

Also, using a TM on a Pokémon who was discovered in, or has relatives that were discovered in the generation the TM was used in is rather pointless, as it is clearly not going to be able to use it. The same goes for a Pokémon that exists in a generation that has the move as a tutor. Additionally, a Pokémon wouldn't be able to even use one of these TMs if it does not have the necessary organs to use them (ThunderPunch Torterra) or the idea of the Pokémon would be simply batshit insane (BubbleBeam Torkoal).

The store got a few upgrades after his previous owner left Asber for a spiritual enhancement trip and never came back, as well as the arrival of a fifth generation that brought several new old TMs to the shelves – all of them are sorted by Generation and TM number for your inconvenience.

OmanyteGen IKabuto

TM01 – Mega Punch
TM02 – Razor Wind
TM04 – Whirlwind
TM05 – Mega Kick
TM07 – Horn Drill
TM08 – Body Slam
TM09 – Take Down
TM10 – Double Edge
TM11 – Bubblebeam
TM12 – Water Gun
TM16 – Pay Day
TM17 – Submission
TM19 – Seismic Toss
TM20 – Rage
TM21 – Mega Drain
TM23 – Dragon Rage
TM27 – Fissure
TM30 – Teleport
TM31 – Mimic
TM34 – Bide
TM35 – Metronome
TM36 – Selfdestruct
TM37 – Egg Bomb
TM39 – Swift
TM40 – Skull Bash
TM41 – Softboiled
TM43 – Sky Attack
TM46 – Psywave
TM49 – Tri-Attack

LileepGen IIAnorith

TM01 – Dynamicpunch
TM02 – Headbutt
TM03 – Curse
TM04 – Rollout
TM07 – Zap Cannon
TM12 – Sweet Scent
TM13 – Snore
TM16 – Icy Wind
TM19 – Giga Drain
TM23 – Iron Tail
TM24 – Dragonbreath
TM31 – Mud-Slap
TM33 – Ice Punch
TM35 – Sleep Talk
TM40 – Harden
TM41 – Thunderpunch
TM43 – Detect
TM47 – Steel Wing
TM48 – Fire Punch
TM49 – Fury Cutter
TM50 – Nightmare

CranidosGens III & IVShieldon

TM01 – Focus Punch
TM03 – Water Pulse
TM09 – Bullet Seed
TM34 – Shockwave
TM43 – Secret Power
TM48 – Skill Swap
TM49 – Snatch
TM51 – Roost
TM55 – Brine
TM58 – Endure
TM59 – Dragon Pulse
TM60 – Drain Punch
TM62 – Silver Wind
TM67 – Recycle
TM72 – Avalanche
TM76 – Stealth Rock
TM78 – Captivate
TM79 – Dark Pulse
TM83 – Natural Gift

--------

Prices:
Note: I am using Kratos Aurion’s Price Scale.

Offensive Moves: $[BP/10], rounded down / Overhead
Seismic Toss: $8/$4
Bide: $10/$5
Psywave: $7/$3
Rollout: $6/$2
Brine: $13/$7
Natural Gift: $8/$4
OHKO Moves: $20/$14

Stat-Altering Moves: $[Stat Alteration Value x4] / $[SAV x2]

Status-Inflicting Moves: $8/$4

Direct Healing Moves: $10/$5

Mimicry Moves (Mimic, Metronome, Sleep Talk): $8/$4

Everything Else: $8/$4

--------

Tills:

Customer | Move | Price | Overhead | Profit
I Liek Squirtles | Bubblebeam | $6 | $3 | $3
Byrus | Sky Attack | $14 | 9$ | $5
Lord of the Fireflies | Snatch | $4 | $4 | $0
sreservoir | Mimic | $8 | $4 | $4
Pathos | Silver Wind | $6 | $3 | $3
Coloursfall | Roost | $0 | $5 | -$5
Chief Zackrai | Curse | $0 | $2 | -$2
Pathos | Skull Bash | $10 | $5 | $5
Pathos | Mimic | $8 | $4 | $4
Pathos | Mimic | $8 | $4 | $4

Last edited:
Re: Altoram Dept. Store II

Squirtle already learns Bubblebeam; this business is for Pokémon in later generations who would learn the move were it a TM in its generation.

Could I buy Fissure for a No Guard Machop?

I'm guessing no due to being overpowered, but

Could I buy Fissure for a No Guard Machop?

I'm guessing no due to being overpowered, but
Machop already has fissure, even if it weren't disqualified by the "being in the same generation as the TM" rule.

Maybe that part should be bolded in the rules or something.

*facepalm*

Just teach it to my Elgyem, Luke Skywalker..
Elgyem doesn't get any water moves and the bubblebeam TM was never usable on any psychic-types that weren't also ice-typed or Mew, so I don't think that's a viable target, either.

Go on, then.

EDIT: Also guys, please check the gen of your pokémon, then the gen of the TM, then the gen of the Pokémon again just to be sure and then ask if that Pokémon could learn the move. I don't want any more "Could my Gen One Poke learn that Gen One TM" the answer is no.

Actually, Gen One mons have nothing to do with that business since they have access to all the TMs technically.

So let me get this straight how this works.

Let's say there's a TM of a move that is plausible for a pokemon to learn, but that pokemon is not from the same generation as the TM, therefore not granting them access. This shop lets the pokemon use that move? (e.x. Reuniclus can now use teleport)

Is that right?

Yup, exactly. Sure, you could buy Teleport for Reuniclus at Kratos' shop, but if you're smart you will prioritize small entrepreneurs like me :D

Also I can teach off-type moves (If they make sense)

I'll give my honest opinion, but Negrek will have to double-check anyways so it's not a final approval.

sreservoir

Yes for Bide, Teleport, Sky Attack and Mimic on Drifloon.

Yes to Teleport on Misdreavus.

Skylark

Yes to both.

Back
Top Bottom