• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

jaketiger1116 vs. Sokka217

Round Six

jaketiger1116 (Oo)
Psyduck
Mariana (F) <Cloud Nine>
Health: 71%
Energy: 48%
-Furious.
-2 Sp. Def. -1 Acc. -2 Def.
Confused(15%)

Sokka217 (Oo)
Stunky
Vincent (M) <Insomnia>
Health: 68%
Energy: 57%
-That's all you can do?

Vincent was hyped up from his relative success in the previous round. He brandished his claws and quickly started clawing at the ground. Bit by bit, chunks of ground became loose and flew away, allowing Vincent to go deeper and deeper. This was no easy task, seeing as he wasn't fine tuned to the intricacies of ground type attacks, but he managed well enough. He wasn't done yet, though. He then started digging horizontally, making some sort of corridor for him. It wasn't terribly long or terribly high, just enough for him to stand on his four legs without hitting his head on the ceiling and just long enough for him to pace around. Mariana, unsure whether or not she'd be able to hit her opponent, squirted some water at the ground, causing mud to form. She then collected a huge chunk of mud, fashioned it into a ball, and sent it hurtling into the tunnel. The ball of mud went down and exploded as soon as it hit the ground of Vincent's tunnel. Mud was sent hurtling all over the place, and although Vincent didn't take the brunt of the attack, he was hurt from splash damage. Also, some of the mud went into his eyes.

Vincent then set about to find something he could sharpen his claws on. Settling for a rather flat stone, he started scraping his claws as quickly as he could, making his claws sharper. Marianna once again collected a ball of mud which was quickly dispatched into the tunnel. Exploding everywhere, the mud made Vincent's fur sticky and got into his eyes. He was very displeased at this and continued sharpening his claws on the flat, now muddy, stone. Above, Marianna waited for her opponent to surface, so she could attack, but this was not the case. Disappointingly, she simply stood there and did nothing.

jaketiger1116 (Oo)
Psyduck
Mariana (F) <Cloud Nine>
Energy: 38%
-Ready to rip off her opponent's head.

Sokka217 (Oo)
Stunky
Vincent (M) <Insomnia>
Health: 56%
Energy: 47%
-My fur is so sticky D:
+2 Atk.

Terrain Notes
-There are two tunnels in the ground.
-There is a tunnel leading to a tiny corridor in the ground.

Damage and Energy Calculations
Mariana's HP = 71
Mariana's Energy = 48 - 5(mud bomb) - 5(mud bomb) = 38
Vincent's HP = 68 - 6(mud bomb) - 6(mud bomb) = 56
Vincent's Energy = 57 - 2(hone claws) - 2(hone claws) - 6(dig) = 47

Final Notes
-More energy was used to dig a room
-Vincent's accuracy boosts were canceled out by the drops from mud bomb
-Mud bomb only hurt Vincent with splash damage, so it wasn't as effective
-Sokka217 commands first

...Should've expected something to hurt me that round with my luck... *fumes*

First off, get very close to the walls so little to no splash damage will hit you if Mariana shoots anything down there again, and Chill. Then, I want you to Dig up and strike her from below, hard. Stay on your guard, your health is getting low, but don't be discouraged. Hit her with Night Slash!

Chill ~ Dig (Up and Attack) ~ Night Slash

I'm soooo sorry I took so long guys!
Mariana, I want you to Screech right down into that tunnel. Then wait until Vincent comes up, and I know you have to take the hit and I'm sorry, but after you take the hit nail him with a Cross Chop, and then get him with a Hydro Pump.

Screech~Cross Chop~Hydro Pump

Round Seven

jaketiger1116 (Oo)
Psyduck
Mariana (F) <Cloud Nine>
Energy: 38%
-Ready to rip off her opponent's head.

Sokka217 (Oo)
Stunky
Vincent (M) <Insomnia>
Energy: 47%
-My fur is so sticky D:
+2 Atk.

Vincent went on to scuttle farther into his little room. He was starting to feel a little cramped up by the tiny room he had built, and the mud was making him feel all the more uncomfortable. At this point, he still had enough energy to fight, but he wouldn't say no to a chance at taking a break. There he sat, wondering what his opponent was about to do, whiling away his time in the corner of his room. A few seconds passed by before he started to zone out, focusing less on the battle and more to the finer things in life like art, nature and botulism. However, just before he could feel significantly energized by his rest, a horrible piercing sound entered his room.

Above ground, Mariana was screeching at the top of her lungs. Both trainers cringed at the sound. Much louder than a kettle blowing off steam, the screeching sound was the perfect way to irritate any person or pokemon nearby. The sound, which was much worse than nails on a chalkboard, echoed along the tunnel and filled Vincent's room. Inside, Vincent couldn't help wincing from the horrible sound. Bitterly, he looked at the tunnel opening above his room while silently mourning his lost chance to relax.

It was his time to cause some pain. Vincent raised his paws in the air like he just didn't care (whether or not his newly sharpened claws would get dirty). At first, his digging had been slow. The water had made the soil clump together, and he had to remove a particular large rock in the way. After a few seconds of dislodging the odd rock, he clawed his way upwards. Getting back into the hang of things, Vincent felt the battle had taken a turn for the monotonous. As the digging went on, he allowed his mind to wander for a bit, not expecting to surface soon. Yet again, I find myself moving through the ground. Yet again, my opponent screeched herself silly. I want excitement. The passion of fierce combat. That was when he saw the light - the light coming from above ground, that is. Suddenly snapped back into reality, Vincent outstretched his claws and gave one last strong push as he emerged from the ground. With this, he tumbled straight into his opponent and managed to get her to, quite literally, fall head over heels for him.

Mariana reeled in surprise. She struggled to get to her feet as fast as possible. Had her foe just had the gall to hit her with one of her attacks? That was quite the dirty trick. He'd pay for that, and pay he did, after Mariana crossed her arms. Eyes ablaze, Mariana sent all her energy into her arms, ready to break every single bone in her opponent's body. She first thrust her left arm into her opponent's back. A dull sound followed, and Mariana, sure that she had dealt a solid strike, landed another one with her right arm. Vincent's legs buckled under the force of the blows.

However, he wasn't about to give up. His trainer just told him not to be discouraged. The loving words of his trainer would allow him to fight a million battles without rest. He would do anything for him. Anything. With this in mind, he got on his feet to continue the battle. He imagined the great goofy grin characteristic of his trainer if he managed to knock his opponent out with his next attack. He knew that wasn't going to happen, and this inspired him even more to make his attack as strong as possible. His two front claws suddenly glowed a dastardly purple, and he unsteadily stood on his two hind legs. Quickly, he lashed out at his opponent's face.

Mariana screamed. The attack had been terribly painful. She wasn't going to have any more of this. She opened her mouth and made the opening as large as possible. With a slight tilt of her head, she felt the water start gurgling in her throat. In no time at all, a powerful stream of water was being forced out of Mariana's mouth and into Vincent's face. The water washed away the mud caked in Vincent's fur. Vincent wouldn't be able to take much more of this.

jaketiger1116 (Oo)
Psyduck
Mariana (F) <Cloud Nine>
Health: 39%
Energy: 24%
-Ready to collapse from fatigue.

Sokka217 (Oo)
Stunky
Vincent (M) <Insomnia>
Health: 21%
Energy: 45%
-Ready to collapse from pain.
+2 Atk. -2 Def.

Terrain Notes

Mariana's HP = 71 - 12 (dig) - 20 (night slash) = 39
Mariana's Energy = 38 - 2 (screech) - 6 (hydro pump) - 6 (cross chop) = 24
Vincent's HP = 56 - 16 (hydro pump) - 19 (cross chop) = 21
Vincent's Energy = 47 - 4 (dig) - 3 (night slash) + 5 (chill) = 45

Final Notes
-If it seems like your pokemon are bored one second and excited the next, pardon me and my inability to actually make a coherent personality for them.
-Cross Chop and Night Slash were critical hits.
-Chill restored less energy due to the screech
-jaketiger1116 commands first

Last edited:
Happy Birthday to me :D
Alright, I know my attacks right off the bat. Mariana, your commands are simple, do not worry.

Chill~Chill~Cross Chop

*Flips hair out of eyes in a slow-motion awesome effect*
ALRIGHT VINCENT, LET'S FINISH THIS!

First, use Screech, make it loud! Remember how annoying and painful it was when SHE did it when you were trying to relax? Show her how SHE likes it when HER rest is interrupted! Then, remember last round? How good it felt to sink your claws into her skin? Use Night Slash again! By the way, I'm so proud of you for getting a critical hit! Another one would be so amazing! And if you don't get one in the first time around, maybe you'll get one in when you hit her with Night Slash again!

Screech ~ Night Slash ~ Night Slash

Round Eight

jaketiger1116 (Oo)
Psyduck
Mariana (F) <Cloud Nine>
Health: 39%
Energy: 24%
-Ready to collapse from fatigue.

Sokka217 (Oo)
Stunky
Vincent (M) <Insomnia>
Health: 21%
Energy: 45%
-Ready to collapse from pain.
+2 Atk. -2 Def.

Vincent watched in awe as his trainer flipped his hair in slow motion. The artificial light somehow made his hair sparkle. His hair flip was almost cool. I say almost because before Sokka217 could finish his slow motion hair flip, Willow Smith made a big entrance and started singing "Whip My Hair". Some of the audience chuckled at the scene while some spectators groaned. If they wanted to see hair being whipped, they would've gone elsewhere.

Willow Smith's face contorted with pain as soon as Vincent started singing along. The loud screech filled the air. At this point, Mariana was trying to settle down, but she couldn't think straight with all the noise. Instead of calming herself down, she became even more enraged at her opponent. Didn't he have any attacks of his own? What was this, a mimic battle? She glared at her opponent who merely shrugged.

Vincent then concentrated on his claws. Filling them with energy infused with darkness, he was ready to take down his opponent once and for all. He ran towards Mariana and slashed with all his might. He was disappointed that she didn't scream in pain. Mariana was still trying to relax, and being attacked with sharp claws wasn't helping her at all. If it was some consolation, the attack didn't hit the spot where she had previously been attacked. It was close, but it definitely wasn't the same spot.

Without hesitation, Vincent slashed again at his opponent. He grinned as blood blossomed from her opponent's body. She was definitely getting weak, and he knew it. He however wasn't feeling too hot either. Mariana struck him with both of her arms once more, and he fell to the ground. Pain was etched all across his face as he rose to continue the battle.

jaketiger1116 (Oo)
Psyduck
Mariana (F) <Cloud Nine>
Health: 9%
Energy: 28%
-Cringing
-2 Sp. Def. -1 Acc. -4 Def.

Sokka217 (Oo)
Stunky
Vincent (M) <Insomnia>
Energy: 37%
-I'd like 100 aspirins please.
+2 Atk. -2 Def.

Terrain Notes

Mariana's HP = 39 - 15(night slash) - 15(night slash) = 9
Mariana's Energy = 24 +5 (chill) +5 (chill) -6 (cross chop) = 28
Vincent's HP = 21 - 12(cross chop) = 9
Vincent's Energy = 45 - 2(screech) - 3(night slash) - 3(night slash) = 37

Final Notes
-Happy birthday.
-Neither night slash attacks were critical. The first one was pretty close while the second one couldn't have gotten a worse number.
-Chill restored less energy on both actions
-Sokka217 commands first

Last edited:
Oh. Well. Uhm. We didn't finish it that round. Still, spectacular job Vincent! You know what I think we should do?...
*rolls up sleeves and points across field*
GIVE THEM AN ENCORE!!! (No not the move D:)

This will surely do it! Use Night Slash once again! So what if you didn't get any more critical hits? You tried your best! That's what counts. Then, well, if that fails and you're still alive, use Dig and get back into your little room that you made before. Then just Chill down there.

Night Slash ~ Dig (Down back to room) ~ Chill

Mariana, it's time for all-out attack. I'm sorry if you don't quite have the energy, but we have to try! Go Cross Chop!

Cross Chop~Cross Chop~Cross Chop

Also thanks, Skylark, for the happy birthday :D

Round Nine

jaketiger1116 (Oo)
Psyduck
Mariana (F) <Cloud Nine>
-Cringing

Sokka217 (Oo)
Stunky
Vincent (M) <Insomnia>
Energy: 37%
-I'd like 100 aspirins please.
+2 Atk. -2 Def.

Both battlers were eager to finish this battle soon. They both wanted a break. The trainers saw this, and commanded their pokemon to go all out with their attacks. Unfortunately for Mariana, she was considerably slower than her opponent. She knew she wouldn't be able to stand one more hit. She started preparing her attack one last time. She eyed her opponent's glowing claws as she crossed her arms. Maybe. Just maybe she could manage to attack first this one time. Holding out hope, Mariana uncrossed her arms, about to hit her opponent. However, just as she was about to hit Vincent, her face was struck with his claws, and she fainted before managing to chop Vincent.

jaketiger1116 (xo)
Psyduck
Mariana (F) <Cloud Nine>
Health: 0%
-Knocked out

Sokka217 (Oo)
Stunky
Vincent (M) <Insomnia>
Energy: 34%
-About to pass out.
+2 Atk. -2 Def.

Terrain Notes

Mariana's HP = 9 - 15(night slash) = 0
Mariana's Energy = 28
Vincent's HP = 9
Vincent's Energy = 37 - 3(night slash) = 34

Final Notes
jaketiger1116 sends out and commands
sokka217 commands

Last edited:
Well uh, I guess this is how it works...Um, Go Sandom!
Sandom, go ahead and use Signal Beam, and then go for Fury Cutter twice!

Signal Beam~Fury Cutter~Fury Cutter
(Yes, right? Just like sending out the first guy?)

Last edited:
...Vincent...
What I'm about to ask you to do, isn't an act of betrayal. It's an act of honor. Not the sick kind of honor, the real honor. The honor that you would be willing to give it all for your friend. If given the chance, I would do this for you. I'm not asking you to do this as a mercenary, or a soldier, or some tool of war.

I'm asking you to do this, as a friend.

Vincent, I ask that you run up and latch on to Sandom with your claws,
then... Use Explosion. *wipes away tear* You've fought flawlessly, buddy.

Explosion

Round Ten

jaketiger1116 (xO)
Trapinch
Sandom (M) <Hyper Cutter>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
-Raring to go.

Sokka217 (Oo)
Stunky
Vincent (M) <Insomnia>
Energy: 34%
-About to pass out.
+2 Atk. -2 Def.

Sokka217 offers little advice for his pokemon. His commands are simple, really. After a few passionate words of encouragement, Sokka217 nudges his pokemon forward, who although reluctant at first, breathes a heavy sigh. Vincent watches as Mariana is replaced by a bug with a shiny brown carapace. The mouth of his new opponent was a bit daunting, if not overwhelming. As his opponent started moving, Vincent's fur started standing on edge, as if he was in fear of his opponent. He then seemed to swell exponentially. His body became rounder until he looked like an over-inflated beach ball. A bright white light suddenly surrounded Vincent, and in no time at all, expanded into a huge sphere of energy. The energy burst consumed the ground around Vincent, and when everyone regained their sight, Vincent was no longer to be found. There were only scraps of purple fur lying around.

jaketiger1116 (xO)
Trapinch
Health: 75%
-Raring to go.

Sokka217 (Oo)
Stunky
Vincent (M) <Insomnia>
Health: 0%
Energy: 20%
-Knocked Out.
+2 Atk. -2 Def.

Terrain Notes
-The ground near Sandom is littered with tiny craters. They surround a large crater. The arena is littered with exploded Stunky.

Sandom's HP = 100 - 25(explosion)
Sandom's Energy = 100
Vincent's HP = 9 - 9(explosion)
Vincent's Energy = 34 - 14(explosion) = 20

Final Notes
sokka217 sends out and commands
jaketiger1116 commands

..Your sacrifice will not have been in vain, buddy..

*Nods* Alright, let's do it for Vincent! Come on out, Ravage!

Let's hopefully dampen his chances of winning by using Rain Dance! Then, use Water Spout, but if he uses something to stop it from raining, use Rain Dance again! Finally, use Iron Defense, and make this battle a little, HARDER, on him. (Pun intended)

Rain Dance ~ Water Spout/Rain Dance ~ Iron Defense

Alright Sandom, we must defeat him, that was a cheap trick. This is a simple attack chain, so don't worry. Just use Giga Drain three times, on his health.

Giga Drain (Health)~Giga Drain (Health)~Giga Drain (Health)

Round Eleven

jaketiger1116 (xO)
Trapinch
Health: 75%
-Stunned.

Sokka217 (xO)
squirtle
Ravage (M) <Torrent>
Health: 100%
-Energized.

Sokka217 is unfazed by the sight of his pokemon exploding. As if nothing had happened, he sends out his next pokemon. This time, it's a feisty little turtle.

As soon as Ravage gets his bearings, he starts dancing around. With rapid forceful twirls and leaps in the air, he spins with all his might. As he was performing his intricate dance of leaps and bounds, rainclouds started rolling in. With a clap of thunder, the first droplets of rain started falling.

As the raindrops fell on Sandom, he couldn't help wishing for an umbrella. He would've been fine with a bright intense sun bearing down on him, but nooooo. His opponent had to use that cursed dance and bring on these vile dark clouds. Sandom was going to make his opponent pay. A green glow started enveloping Sandom's body. Slowly, it spread towards his head. Making its way through the air, the aura extended towards the Squirtle, and Ravage suddenly felt weak. It was as if his health was being drained. Greedily, Sandom smiled inwardly as he sucked away his opponent's health.

Now that Ravage was in his element, he felt comfortable using one of the most powerful attacks he knew. He was still feeling pretty energetic at this point, and shuddered as a forceful blast of water passed from his mouth into the air. His attack, powered by the rain, soared through the air and crushed Sandom under its pressure. Sandom started glowing once again and leeched off his opponent. Ravage, transfixed by the luminescence covering his own body, didn't know what was happening. All of a sudden, he suddenly felt weaker than before.

Ravage then decided to reinforce his armor. Liquid metal started being secreted out of his shell. This then quickly hardened, providing Ravage with an extra layer of defense. To his dismay, this didn't help at all as once again, a green aura surrounded him, and he felt weaker yet again. His only comfort was the feeling of the cool rain on his skin.

jaketiger1116 (xO)
Trapinch
Energy: 88%
-A bit worse for wear.

Sokka217 (xO)
squirtle
Ravage (M) <Torrent>
Health: 73%
Energy: 87%
-Drained.
+2 Def

Terrain Notes
-The ground near Sandom is littered with tiny craters. They surround a large crater. The arena is littered with exploded Stunky.
-It is raining (2 actions)

Sandom's HP = 75 +4(giga drain) - 31(water spout) +4(giga drain) + 4(giga drain)
Sandom's Energy = 100 - 4(giga drain) - 4(giga drain) - 4(giga drain)
Ravage's HP = 100 - 9(giga drain) - 9(giga drain) - 9(giga drain)
Ravage's Energy = 100 - 4(rain dance) - 7(water spout) - 2(iron defense)

Final Notes
jaketiger1116 commands

Alright Sandom, same thing this time. Try not to get bored, I don't plan to do this all the time. This SHOULD be the last time, actually. Now GO!

Giga Drain (Health)~Giga Drain (Health)~Giga Drain (Health)

Hmph, ready Ravage? Let's cool things down a bit!

Use Ice Beam twice, then use Blizzard!

Ice Beam ~ Ice Beam ~ Blizzard

Back
Top Bottom