• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The 2012 Metronome Contest

M&F

tikitok
Pronoun
any
The 2012 Metronome Contest​

They say the world ends December this year. We'll prove them wrong: we'll destroy the world earlier. Or later, depending on how fast the judgework goes this time.

It hardly needs to be restated that Asber loves Metronome. The only people in Asber who don't love Metronome are the ones that happened to live in those cities that get reduced to a pile of smoking ash. Many Metronome battles have taken place in the ASB. Metronome Battles no longer giving experience have been a massive deterrent, but even with that problem, anybody whose battle slots aren't flowing about as fast as a Shuckle's movement can be willing to spare some time for apocalyptic amusement. All in all, trainers in this league still love randomized moves.

It was only a matter of time before the Metronome Contest returned.
Three Groups​

This time, the entrants of the Metronome Contest will be split into three groups. Contestants face off in progressively more difficult Appeal Stages until only one is left in each group. These winners will then face off in a three-way final battle: the Battle Stage.

Appeal Stage​

During the appeal stage, all contestants will be dealt a set of four moves. Then, they may pick up to three moves from the set they have been dealt, and use them to build an appeal. The moves can be combinated or reordered or instructed to be used in a specific way or any plausible twists, as long as the moves themselves are not changed. Doing simple actions that are not moves is still admissible. The first round will take place in a standard contest arena, as before; the later rounds will be organized according to the amount of entrants, although for the most part it won't be dissimilar to the last Metronome Contest.

Battle Stage​

The final round battle stage will not merely be a Metronome match, as contests priorize style and, for that to be achieved, there has to be some degree of control from the trainers over the commands. Therefore, like in the Appeal Stage, contestants will be dealt a set of moves -- this time, five moves -- each round. Again, only up to three can be picked, and as long as the move themselves are not changed, any plausible twists can be added. Note also that the same dealt move can only be used two times each round -- no full-round spamming.

Prizes​

- First place: $100, a buyable Pokémon of the winner's choice, a free Berry Bag from Sunnenrain Berry Mart, a free arm replacement from Moony's Automail Shop and the 2012 Metronome Ribbon
- Second place: $60, a buyable rarity 1~4 pokémon of the winner's choice, an arm replacement from Moony's Automail Shop at 50% off price
- Third place: $25, a buyable Dex Registry Pokémon of the winner's choice, an arm replacement from Moony's Automail Shop at 25% off price
- All Pokémon participating will receive one point of experience. KO experience will also be awarded in the Battle Stage.

(Credit for the 2012 Metronome Ribbon goes to Squornshellous Beta, as well as $15 once it's awarded)

Other rules​

Despite this being the Metronome Contest, all Pokémon, even if unable to learn Metronome, are allowed to compete. Also, any held items, move mods and/or body mods coming with a Pokémon will be disregarded.

I, Metallica Fanboy, will act as the head judge for this contest. If you would like to work as a primary or secondary judge for the contest, you can apply in the thread, but do note that only those with a referee license are allowed to. A minimum of two secondary judges will be needed, and also, a maximum of two primaries and six secondaries (although if somehow the offer is much higher than that workarounds can be made).

Entrants​

All registered members of ASB can enter the 2012 Metronome Contest; however, this time, there's an entrance fee. A mere $10. It needn't be paid immediately -- if the entrant would rather pay later or in parts, it can be done, but do note that the payment will be needed by the end of the contest.

The number of entrants is not set in stone; however, it must be a number divisible by three. The entrances will be closed at a nonspecific point, and I reserve the right to remove late entrants from the contest if it's needed for numerical purposes.

Last edited:
Totally in but I'll.. have to get back to you on that $10 I'm kind of poor. A Dragon always pays her debts, though!

participating!

Will pay in parts over a series of Allowances, because it makes me feel better (Shutup I know i have the money now)

Does the entrant have to be in the Active squad for this?

Back
Top Bottom