• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 vs 3 single
Style: Set
Damage Cap: 50%
DQ: 1 week
Banned Moves: OHKOs, direct healers
Arena: Route 1

Exactly what it says on the tin. The battle takes place in a grassy field just off to the side of the route itself. There are trees scattered here and there, and there's a pond nearby that can be used for water attacks. Also, for some reason Professor Oak is wandering around nearby, and there is a 10% chance at the end of each round that he will show up and praise one of the Pokemon for its battling, causing a random stat to be raised by 1.

Other: Only Pokemon that can evolve further are allowed.

I'll take this, if that's alright?

And if I'm correct, I'll be overstepping my battle limit if I take this, so I'll drop this maniacal battle of mad mechanisms (Vs. Land Shark).

Negrek, if you will battle me, I will appreciate it. If not, place this as an open challenge (dropping vs. Steel Syther either way)

6 vs. 6 single
DQ: 1 week (can be bumped down once I get high-speed internet, I’ll alert once I do)
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Direct Healing = 2/Pokemon, Chills = 3/Pokemon

Arena: The table on a dinner train

Description: You know all those dinner trains; you ride and eat on them. Well, we will be battling on the table before we eat. Only the Pokemon will be shrunk down to scale. We, the battlers, will continue to be normal size, sitting in the booths on opposite sides of the table. The ref will sit in a chair on the end of the table. Every round, there is a 25% chance that a waiter/waitress will come by and give a different item to each battler. The battler can choose when to use the item for their Pokemon.

10% chance for each item (Single Use Items)
i. Fresh Water (restores 10% health)
ii. Lemonade (restores 20% health)
iii. Soda Pop (restore 10% health/10% energy)
iv. Strawberries (restores 20% energy)
v. Blueberries (restores 15% energy)
vi. Pizza Slice (restores 10% health/10% energy)
vii. Salad (restores 10% health/20% energy)
viii. Chicken Leg (restores 20% health/10% energy)
ix. French Fries (restores 15% health/15% energy)
x. Pie Slice (restores 15% health/15% energy)
Eh, I suppose I have an open battle slot. Sure.

Can a person accumulate any number of healing items, or can you only be holding one at a time, such that if another one is randomized to come up, you can't accept it?

Eh, I suppose I have an open battle slot. Sure.

Can a person accumulate any number of healing items, or can you only be holding one at a time, such that if another one is randomized to come up, you can't accept it?

You can accumilate the items. Each use takes 1 action.

Hey there!!! I just started up here on the forums and would love to try my luck with an ASB battle. So, I shall now challenge anyone up here.

Type: Two on Two Single Battle
Style: Set Style
DQ: 2 weeks should be good enough
Damage Cap: 38%
Banned Moves: I-hit KOS, Perish Song, sleep-inducing moves
Arena: Underground Arena

An arena located in a secret section of a tunnel. It is quite large and has boulders littering the floor. It can accomodate any Pokemon, even two dragons. The soil is also perfect for digging.

I hope my first battle would be so awesome!!!

Hey there!!! I just started up here on the forums and would love to try my luck with an ASB battle. So, I shall now challenge anyone up here.

Type: Two on Two Single Battle
Style: Set Style
DQ: 2 weeks should be good enough
Damage Cap: 38%
Banned Moves: I-hit KOS, Perish Song, sleep-inducing moves
Arena: Underground Arena

An arena located in a secret section of a tunnel. It is quite large and has boulders littering the floor. It can accomodate any Pokemon, even two dragons. The soil is also perfect for digging.

I hope my first battle would be so awesome!!!

Oh I'm good at awesome, I'll fight you :D

Dropping my challenge with Coroxn because my head wont rest until I battle in this arena :DDDD

2v2 Single
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, direct healling, 3 Chills per pokemon, status-inflicting moves
Arena: The RNG

For years refs and trainers have depended on the RNG to generate random numbers. However, not many have actually tried to battle inside the RNG. It's actually quite roomy, so any flying or ground moves are possible. A small lake decorated with flora and fauna has been inserted to support grass and water-type moves and pokemon. However, there are additional effects. The RNG will pull up one random number from 0-100. Each set of numbers have a special effect.

NOTE: Any status-inflicting effects (i.e. poison, burn, etc.) will replace the last one.

0: All in-feild pokemon's health and energy will be halved.

1-9: All pokemon on the feild will be poisoned.

10-19: All pokemon on the feild will be burned.

20-29: Rain Dance will be in effect.

30-39: Swords Dance will be in effect on all pokemon.

40-49: All pokemon on the feild will be confused.

50: No effect.

51-59: A rock is thrown at each pokemon, dealing 3% rock-type damage.

60-69: Sandstorm is in effect.

70-79: The lake floods the feild, dealing 3% water-type damage.

80-89: Each pokemon on the feild is paralysed.

90-99: Sunny Day is in effect.

100: All in-feild pokemon's health and energy is doubled. If the health or energy is 51% or higher, it is changed to 100%.

Ihopethisistaken IdoIdoIdo :DDDD

Dropping my challenge with Coroxn because my head wont rest until I battle in this arena :DDDD

2v2 Single
Banned Moves: OHKOs, direct healling, 3 Chills per pokemon, status-inflicting moves
Arena: The RNG

For years refs and trainers have depended on the RNG to generate random numbers. However, not many have actually tried to battle inside the RNG. It's actually quite roomy, so any flying or ground moves are possible. A small lake decorated with flora and fauna has been inserted to support grass and water-type moves and pokemon. However, there are additional effects. The RNG will pull up one random number from 0-100. Each set of numbers have a special effect.

NOTE: Any status-inflicting effects (i.e. poison, burn, etc.) will replace the last one.

0: All in-feild pokemon's health and energy will be halved.

1-9: All pokemon on the feild will be poisoned.

10-19: All pokemon on the feild will be burned.

20-29: Rain Dance will be in effect.

30-39: Swords Dance will be in effect on all pokemon.

40-49: All pokemon on the feild will be confused.

50: No effect.

51-59: A rock is thrown at each pokemon, dealing 3% rock-type damage.

60-69: Sandstorm is in effect.

70-79: The lake floods the feild, dealing 3% water-type damage.

80-89: Each pokemon on the feild is paralysed.

90-99: Sunny Day is in effect.

100: All in-feild pokemon's health and energy is doubled. If the health or energy is 51% or higher, it is changed to 100%.

Ihopethisistaken IdoIdoIdo :DDDD

Taking! :D

Whoops I have an empty slot let's fix that.

1vs1 Single
Damage Cap: 47%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, direct healing, chills
Arena: Paradox Cave (also know as RNG Hell)

Okay how did this end up happening. Somewhere not too deep underground is a sealed stone chamber with no visible entrances or exits, carved out of the same sort of greyish-brown rock. It's pretty big and three or so Onixes could fit in it comfortably, with room to move around. The ceiling is pretty high as well, about a hundred meters from ceiling to floor. It's pretty solid, so using Dig or moves that require chunks of rock will take an extra 3% energy. There's a shallow trench of water around the edges of the chamber, about two feet wide and a foot deep. It never seems to run out of water, though it's too small for almost all aquatic Pokemon to be in. Clear crystals grow out of the walls and floor in random places, but when the referee, Trainers and Pokemon are all in the chamber they'll start to glow and change colour randomly. A huge, white glowing crystal growing from the ceiling is the main light source. These crystals seem to be the source of the weird crap that goes on in the cave, since they seem to be made of some unclassifiable mineral.

Every round;
-There is a 60% chance for the battling Pokemon to randomly change types. Dual typed Pokemon become single typed.
-There is a 30% chance for the weather to change randomly. If the weather becomes bright sunlight, the huge white crystal overhead glows a painfully bright yellowish-white and gives off a lot of heat to simulate the sun. If the weather becomes rain, the crystal overhead turns blue and water starts to fall from it (inexplicably). The trench at the edges of the cave doubles in size while it rains. If the weather becomes a sandstorm, the crystal turns a orangey-white and the sand used for sandstorm falls from it. If the weather becomes hail, the crystal turns a dim grey-white and drops chunks of ice.
-There is a 30% chance for the battling Pokemon to randomly evolve or devolve. This can be to any stage of their evolution (or branch, for Pokemon like the Eevee family). Basic stage Pokemon are considered to have 1 EXP for damage/energy calculations, first stage/non-evolving Pokemon are considered to have 4 EXP and second stage Pokemon are considered to have 8 EXP. If a Pokemon evolves or devolves, its Trainer will age/de-age accordingly (purely for flavour).
-There is a 50% chance for each Pokemon to learn a move they don't already know. These moves will be noted at the end of each round, so they can be used the next round.
All effects reset at the end of the round. Effects may stack.

Other: I still need to build that shrine of dice for the RNGods don't I.

1v1 single
Style: Switch
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 30
Banned Moves: OHKO's, no chills
Arena: King DeDeDe's Arena

The crowd has paid good money and expect a fight! Surrounded by characters from the Nintendo world in the crowd, both trainers fight in the center of an arena. Any move that deals damage, has a 50% chance of knocking the opponent out of the arena and into the crowd. If this happens, the Pokemon is attacked by the crowd. It could range from Mario shooting his fireball, or Samus Aran zapping the Pokemon, depending on what the ref wants to use. A damage roll of 1-5 is determined. After this, the Pokemon returns to the arena.

My first battle!

Whoops I have an empty slot let's fix that.

1vs1 Single
Damage Cap: 47%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, direct healing, chills
Arena: Paradox Cave (also know as RNG Hell)

Okay how did this end up happening. Somewhere not too deep underground is a sealed stone chamber with no visible entrances or exits, carved out of the same sort of greyish-brown rock. It's pretty big and three or so Onixes could fit in it comfortably, with room to move around. The ceiling is pretty high as well, about a hundred meters from ceiling to floor. It's pretty solid, so using Dig or moves that require chunks of rock will take an extra 3% energy. There's a shallow trench of water around the edges of the chamber, about two feet wide and a foot deep. It never seems to run out of water, though it's too small for almost all aquatic Pokemon to be in. Clear crystals grow out of the walls and floor in random places, but when the referee, Trainers and Pokemon are all in the chamber they'll start to glow and change colour randomly. A huge, white glowing crystal growing from the ceiling is the main light source. These crystals seem to be the source of the weird crap that goes on in the cave, since they seem to be made of some unclassifiable mineral.

Every round;
-There is a 60% chance for the battling Pokemon to randomly change types. Dual typed Pokemon become single typed.
-There is a 30% chance for the weather to change randomly. If the weather becomes bright sunlight, the huge white crystal overhead glows a painfully bright yellowish-white and gives off a lot of heat to simulate the sun. If the weather becomes rain, the crystal overhead turns blue and water starts to fall from it (inexplicably). The trench at the edges of the cave doubles in size while it rains. If the weather becomes a sandstorm, the crystal turns a orangey-white and the sand used for sandstorm falls from it. If the weather becomes hail, the crystal turns a dim grey-white and drops chunks of ice.
-There is a 30% chance for the battling Pokemon to randomly evolve or devolve. This can be to any stage of their evolution (or branch, for Pokemon like the Eevee family). Basic stage Pokemon are considered to have 1 EXP for damage/energy calculations, first stage/non-evolving Pokemon are considered to have 4 EXP and second stage Pokemon are considered to have 8 EXP. If a Pokemon evolves or devolves, its Trainer will age/de-age accordingly (purely for flavour).
-There is a 50% chance for each Pokemon to learn a move they don't already know. These moves will be noted at the end of each round, so they can be used the next round.
All effects reset at the end of the round. Effects may stack.

Other: I still need to build that shrine of dice for the RNGods don't I.
LET'S GO

1v1 single
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 30
Banned Moves: OHKO's, no chills
Arena: King DeDeDe's Arena

The crowd has paid good money and expect a fight! Surrounded by characters from the Nintendo world in the crowd, both trainers fight in the center of an arena. Any move that deals damage, has a 50% chance of knocking the opponent out of the arena and into the crowd. If this happens, the Pokemon is attacked by the crowd. It could range from Mario shooting his fireball, or Samus Aran zapping the Pokemon, depending on what the ref wants to use. A damage roll of 1-5 is determined. After this, the Pokemon returns to the arena.

My first battle!

Pouncing on this if no one else has.
I like Nintendo things.
:3

One open slot leads to this:

6 vs. 6 double
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, direct healing
Arena: A plain

Plain's are always, well plain. The arena will not have a big effect.

Okay, we have our first referee candidate, Eifie, looking for a mock battle, here. I'll be taking the referee role on this one for purposes of demonstration, so we just need one other player. Someone who hasn't had a battle reffed yet is preferred, but if nobody matching that description doesn't show up within two days, it'll be open to anybody. Rules:

2vs2 Single
Banned Moves: None
Terrain: ASB Central Stadium

Although designed to be a state-of-the-art battling facility and located at the very heart of ASB Central's battle district, ASB Central Stadium actually sees very little use. Most battlers prefer the infinite variety of the holodrome's simulated arenas to the basic, if impressive, stadium field, and official tournaments tend to feature tours of other regions rather than a homefield brawl. There is one advantage to the stadium, though--its proximity to the holodrome grants it access to a full range of simulation options, allowing trainers to trick out their team to whatever extent they like before battling.

There's nothing much to say about the battlefield: it's a large, rectangular arena covered in astroturf. A circular pool will open in its center if a pokémon requiring water to move around in is sent out. From here, pokémon can summon absolutely anything they need for their attacks: tidal waves, boulders, and so on are in ready supply.

Other: This battle takes place between a referee and one other member. The referee will use their own team of pokémon, but the other battler may choose either to use their own team OR choose any six nonlegendary pokémon with any items and abilities to use for this fight. In the former case, their pokémon gain experience as normal. In the latter case, they may choose to apply the experience earned by their rental pokémon, minus one point, to their team in any manner that they choose. If a player chooses to create team for the purpose of this battle, they must PM it to the candidate referee after accepting the challenge.

The prizes for this battle are $20 to the winner, $10 to the loser, and $15 to the referee.

Okay, we have our first referee candidate, Eifie, looking for a mock battle, here. I'll be taking the referee role on this one for purposes of demonstration, so we just need one other player. Someone who hasn't had a battle reffed yet is preferred, but if nobody matching that description doesn't show up within two days, it'll be open to anybody. Rules:

2vs2 Single

Although designed to be a state-of-the-art battling facility and located at the very heart of ASB Central's battle district, ASB Central Stadium actually sees very little use. Most battlers prefer the infinite variety of the holodrome's simulated arenas to the basic, if impressive, stadium field, and official tournaments tend to feature tours of other regions rather than a homefield brawl. There is one advantage to the stadium, though--its proximity to the holodrome grants it access to a full range of simulation options, allowing trainers to trick out their team to whatever extent they like before battling.

There's nothing much to say about the battlefield: it's a large, rectangular arena covered in astroturf. A circular pool will open in its center if a pokémon requiring water to move around in is sent out. From here, pokémon can summon absolutely anything they need for their attacks: tidal waves, boulders, and so on are in ready supply.

Other: This battle takes place between a referee and one other member. The referee will use their own team of pokémon, but the other battler may choose either to use their own team OR choose any six nonlegendary pokémon with any items and abilities to use for this fight. In the former case, their pokémon gain experience as normal. In the latter case, they may choose to apply the experience earned by their rental pokémon, minus one point, to their team in any manner that they choose. If a player chooses to create team for the purpose of this battle, they must PM it to the candidate referee after accepting the challenge.

The prizes for this battle are $20 to the winner, $10 to the loser, and $15 to the referee. This battle does not fill a battle slot for either participant.

Last edited:

2vs2 Single

The prizes for this battle are $20 to the winner, $10 to the loser, and $15 to the referee. This battle does not fill a battle slot for either participant.

One of my battles is taking a long time to get reffed, and the other two challenges I made haven't been accepted by a ref yet, so I'll take this.

Nooot quite what I meant by "someone who hasn't had a battle reffed yet," but if nobody fitting that description shows up in two days, it's yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom