• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying this again because I can.

3 vs 3 single
Style: Set
Damage Cap: 50%
DQ: 1 week
Banned Moves: OHKOs, direct healers
Arena: Route 1

Exactly what it says on the tin. The battle takes place in a grassy field just off to the side of the route itself. There are trees scattered here and there, and there's a pond nearby that can be used for water attacks. Also, for some reason Professor Oak is wandering around nearby, and there is a 10% chance at the end of each round that he will show up and praise one of the Pokemon for its battling, causing a random stat to be raised by 1.

May I accept that challenge?

Whoops.

A challenge for Hiikaru because having fewer than two slots filled with me vs. Ki battles at one time would be simply criminal.

2 vs. 2 single
DQ: One week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, direct healing, Pain Split. All Pokémon are capable of using Snore and Sleep Talk.
Arena: The Tree of Dreams

At the center of a clearing on the Island of Dreams lies the Tree of Dreams, an ancient tree rumoured to grant wishes to those who leave offerings of berries at its roots. The area around the tree is pretty unremarkable; it's covered entirely in grass, but this being the Dream World, Pokémon are able to summon the resources to use any attack of theirs that they please (save for banned moves), and Pokémon that normally need water to move around will have no trouble maneuvering on this terrain.

Before the battle begins, the tree is willing to grant each Pokémon a wish to grow stronger like its friends. Pokémon will, for the duration of the battle, be transformed into any stage of their evolution line that their trainer chooses, and have access to all of that stage's moves and abilities (including dream abilities). For five actions after a Pokémon is first sent out, it will be disguised as any Pokémon in its trainer's active squad, akin to the effects of a more permanent Illusion. There is no way for the opposing Pokémon to see through or remove this illusion; their trainer can only try to guess what species the Pokémon really is from the events of the battle.

Several berry trees are planted around the perimeter of the clearing. A Pokémon can be commanded to spend an action retrieving a berry and laying it at the base of the Tree of Dreams to make another wish that will be granted at the end of that action. This wish will renew the Pokémon's disguise, making it last an additional three actions from the time the wish is granted.

Other: Sendouts, along with the Pokémon to be disguised as and choice of held item from the trainer's inventory (if applicable), will be PMed to the ref before command order is posted. While a Pokémon is in disguise, it will be described as carrying out all of its actions as if it was the Pokémon it's disguised as (even if they don't make sense! This is the Dream World, after all. The Feebas in it are perfectly capable of using Wing Attack and Jump Kick.) and all of the information displayed in its summary (sprite, ability, etc.) will be that of that Pokémon. Attacks that rely on gender will use the actual Pokémon's gender, inherently/consensually hovering/flying status will be that of the actual Pokémon, etc. The ref is requested not to provide any details about individual damage and energy calculations (at least while there is a disguised Pokémon on the field), only the final tallies.

Whoops.

A challenge for Hiikaru because having fewer than two slots filled with me vs. Ki battles at one time would be simply criminal.

2 vs. 2 single
Banned Moves: OHKOs, direct healing, Pain Split. All Pokémon are capable of using Snore and Sleep Talk.
Arena: The Tree of Dreams

At the center of a clearing on the Island of Dreams lies the Tree of Dreams, an ancient tree rumoured to grant wishes to those who leave offerings of berries at its roots. The area around the tree is pretty unremarkable; it's covered entirely in grass, but this being the Dream World, Pokémon are able to summon the resources to use any attack of theirs that they please (save for banned moves), and Pokémon that normally need water to move around will have no trouble maneuvering on this terrain.

Before the battle begins, the tree is willing to grant each Pokémon a wish to grow stronger like its friends. Pokémon will, for the duration of the battle, be transformed into any stage of their evolution line that their trainer chooses, and have access to all of that stage's moves and abilities (including dream abilities). For five actions after a Pokémon is first sent out, it will be disguised as any Pokémon in its trainer's active squad, akin to the effects of a more permanent Illusion. There is no way for the opposing Pokémon to see through or remove this illusion; their trainer can only try to guess what species the Pokémon really is from the events of the battle.

Several berry trees are planted around the perimeter of the clearing. A Pokémon can be commanded to spend an action retrieving a berry and laying it at the base of the Tree of Dreams to make another wish that will be granted at the end of that action. This wish will renew the Pokémon's disguise, making it last an additional three actions from the time the wish is granted.

Other: Sendouts, along with the Pokémon to be disguised as and choice of held item from the trainer's inventory (if applicable), will be PMed to the ref before command order is posted. While a Pokémon is in disguise, it will be described as carrying out all of its actions as if it was the Pokémon it's disguised as (even if they don't make sense! This is the Dream World, after all. The Feebas in it are perfectly capable of using Wing Attack and Jump Kick.) and all of the information displayed in its summary (sprite, ability, etc.) will be that of that Pokémon. Attacks that rely on gender will use the actual Pokémon's gender, inherently/consensually hovering/flying status will be that of the actual Pokémon, etc. The ref is requested not to provide any details about individual damage and energy calculations (at least while there is a disguised Pokémon on the field), only the final tallies.

Hi I accept :o

hey, this ASB thing looks like it might be fun. Thus, I propose a challenge to anybody out here. I may be new here, but that doesn't mean you need to go easy on me. I want a really good battle. Here is the challenge.

It will be a 3 on three singles match
Style: lets have it be set
DQ: I would give you 2 weeks, no more, no less
Damage Cap: Despite me not knowing what this means, I would set it at 40%
Banned Moves: Status Only moves. You know, ones that poison, confuse, lower attack, the such. Perhaps also, 0hitkos like Fissure.
Arena:

Hmm, how about we battle in a moutain terrain. You know, rocks everywhere and mountains looming over the arena. The soil is perfect for digging. So, yeah, lets batle in Mountain Terrain.

Okay, who wants to battle me?

hey, this ASB thing looks like it might be fun. Thus, I propose a challenge to anybody out here. I may be new here, but that doesn't mean you need to go easy on me. I want a really good battle. Here is the challenge.

It will be a 3 on three singles match
Style: lets have it be set
DQ: I would give you 2 weeks, no more, no less
Damage Cap: Despite me not knowing what this means, I would set it at 40%
Banned Moves: Status Only moves. You know, ones that poison, confuse, lower attack, the such. Perhaps also, 0hitkos like Fissure.
Arena:

Hmm, how about we battle in a moutain terrain. You know, rocks everywhere and mountains looming over the arena. The soil is perfect for digging. So, yeah, lets batle in Mountain Terrain.

Okay, who wants to battle me?

May I battle you, Kronos? If so, I accept your challenge!!!

4 Player Single Battle (4 Pokemon)
Damage Cap: 37%
Banned Moves: OHKOs
Arena: Home Depot
A Home Depot is the setting for this battle.
Before the game start, each player posts 5 items from home Depot (Put the links) and that player's Pokemon may use them during the battle. The home depot has only shelves, and water type Pokemon can float in the air. What you posted is EXACTLY what you get during the battle.

Other: Home Depot has a pretty good sprinkler system.

Sig moves: http://forums.dragonflycave.com/showpost.php?p=491368&postcount=23

Before the game start, each player posts 5 items from home Depot (Put the links) and that player's Pokemon may use them during the battle. The home depot has only shelves, and water type Pokemon can float in the air. What you posted is EXACTLY what you get during the battle.

I'll drop my battle with Negrek and battle you.

*cracks his neck*

Okay, I haven't been here for a while. I shall make a open challenge.

Type: 2 on 2
DQ: 2 weeks
Banned Moves: 0hkos
Arena: Planet Saiya

Planet Saiya is the birthplace of the Saiyan Species, though it has been abandoned and cast out of knowledge of all beings as order of High Dragon Palara. We shall fight here. It has remnants of the Saiyan civilization, but we fight on the open plains. There are crater marks visible where Saiyans once fought. Other than that, its a normal arena.

*cracks his neck*

Okay, I haven't been here for a while. I shall make a open challenge.

Type: 2 on 2
DQ: 2 weeks
Banned Moves: 0hkos
Arena: Planet Saiya

Planet Saiya is the birthplace of the Saiyan Species, though it has been abandoned and cast out of knowledge of all beings as order of High Dragon Palara. We shall fight here. It has remnants of the Saiyan civilization, but we fight on the open plains. There are crater marks visible where Saiyans once fought. Other than that, its a normal arena.

Taking.

I'll take this one also.

I can be the fourth. Let's do this!

For Sunflower + High Moon

The Prelude
1v1v1 Set-style
DQ:
7 Days
Banned Moves: OHKO's, 1 Direct Heal/Pokemon

Arena: Limiter Removal

A fairly unassuming arena, the Limiter Removal Area is in fact just a portion of street in Asber, a roundabout with a fountain and some bushes in the centre, with three roads leading off to it, and a few business buildings around, as well as some houses and such. The area is shut off to vehicles for the duration of the battle, and each trainer and their Pokemon will start out on a different road, though if a Pokemon is waterbound, it starts in the fountain.

What makes it interesting is in fact the little trinkets that Coloursfall has obtained from another region to try out in this battle. a number of small devices ring the arena, casting a strange energy field over the arena. These devices are Limiter Removers - they unlock a Pokemon's evolutionary potential and the boundless energy within...

Effects: All Pokemon used must be the first stage of a three-Pokemon line. They all have infinite energy and use the movepools that their final evolutions have. Otherwise they behave as normal Pokemon of the evolutionary level.

The Prelude
1v1v1 Set-style
DQ:
7 Days

A fairly unassuming arena, the Limiter Removal Area is in fact just a portion of street in Asber, a roundabout with a fountain and some bushes in the centre, with three roads leading off to it, and a few business buildings around, as well as some houses and such. The area is shut off to vehicles for the duration of the battle, and each trainer and their Pokemon will start out on a different road, though if a Pokemon is waterbound, it starts in the fountain.

What makes it interesting is in fact the little trinkets that Coloursfall has obtained from another region to try out in this battle. a number of small devices ring the arena, casting a strange energy field over the arena. These devices are Limiter Removers - they unlock a Pokemon's evolutionary potential and the boundless energy within...

Effects: All Pokemon used must be the first stage of a three-Pokemon line. They all have infinite energy and use the movepools that their final evolutions have. Otherwise they behave as normal Pokemon of the evolutionary level.

Boop. You're on, honeybuns.

The Prelude
1v1v1 Set-style
DQ:
7 Days

Bring it

3v3 Single
DQ: 1 Week
Damage Cap: 31 %
Banned Moves: OHKO, Direct Healing, Two Chills Each
Arena: Route 202 Clearing

A spacious clearing in the midst of every trainers first route, the landscape has been scarred from frequent first battles, where trainers have come to learn to properly use their first and closest pokemon. There is little grass in the center, and several small ponds dot the landscape. There is a mystical field that seems to surround the area preventing evolved pokemon from participating in battles here.

Other: NFE allowed only

Has this been taken, dropped, or anything else? If not, I'll take it.
NFE=Not Fully Evolved, right?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I have an open slot.

4v4 Double
DQ: 1 Week
Banned Moves: OHKO, Earthquake and moves similar, Direct Healing, 0 Chills per Pokemon
Arena: The Parthenon

Everyone's heard about ancient Greece. Great works of art, amazing legends, and of course, the ancient architecture. And now, one of Greece's most famous architecual displays, shall be the battlefeild! The Parthenon has plenty of room, therefore allowing four pokemon to battle at once. Due to the temple being sacred to the goddess Athena, there is a 25% chance that she will bless one of the pokemon, letting it deal an extra 1% damage per attack. (That means 25% per pokemon, and if the selected pokemon does not use an attacking move, there obviously will be no bonus.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom