• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Eifie vs Eta Carinae

Meowth

but is a sheep entering.
[size=+2]Eifie vs Eta Carinae[/size]

3v3 single
Style: Set
DQ: one week
Damage cap: 45%
Banned moves: anything that may damage the arena
Arena: Dusky Bridge

A long, narrow, rickety old suspension bridge spanning the Eagle River, roughly long enough to take two actions to cross from one side to the other. The battle takes place in the middle of the bridge, with the trainers each positioned on opposing sides. A handrail will prevent Pokémon from falling or being knocked off. At the beginning of the third round, lightning will strike the bridge, setting it on fire; Pokémon will have until the end of this round to escape the bridge to either end before it collapses, dumping any Pokémon still on it into the Eagle River. Anything that falls into the river cannot be reclaimed, so the Pokémon will be knocked out if this happens. The battle will then move to the cliffsides the bridge connected; if the Pokémon are on opposite sides, only projectile attacks will connect, and due to the distance they need to travel and the heavy snowfall obscuring the view across the canyon, these attacks' accuracy will be reduced by 25%. Alternatively, if they end up on the same side, obviously one will be very far away from their trainer and there is a 25% chance this Pokémon won't hear whatever commands it is given. (Flying Pokémon near their trainers may listen to their commands, fly to the other side to enact them, and return without penalty, but the trip across the canyon takes a full action each way.)
On the sixth round, Godot and Detective Gumshoe will arrive to repair the bridge; anything that touches the bridge (accidentally or otherwise) between then and the time it is finished will cause Godot to throw a mug of scalding coffee at whoever touched it or used the attack that hit it, dealing 5% typeless damage, inflicting a burn, and reducing Defense by 1 level due to the cuts dealt by shattering china. By the ninth round, the bridge will be finished, and the events will repeat themselves from there onwards (lightning strike/bridge collapse on round 12, Godot and Gumshoe arrive on round 15, bridge is fixed on round 18, etc.)

Other notes: So as to not put undue strain on the already-unstable bridge, only Pokémon under 5 feet in height and 200lbs in weight may be used.

Eifie's active squad

combusken Nando the female Combusken <Blaze> @ Lucky Egg [+1|-1|+1|-1|55]
espeon Adelle the female Espeon <Synchronize> @ Wise Glasses [-1|-1|+2|0|110]
swinub Wheelbarrow Dumpling the male Swinub <Oblivious> @ Eviolite [+2|0|-1|-1|50]
wingull Pepper the female Wingull <Keen Eye> @ Shell Bell [-1|-1|+3|-1|85]
houndoom Lang Zi the male Houndoom <Flash Fire> @ Flame Orb [+1|-2||+2|-1|95]
litwick blob of wax the male Litwick <Flash Fire> @ Dusk Stone [-1|0|+1|0|20]
bayleef Lena the female Bayleef <Overgrow> @ Big Root [-1|+1|-1|+1|60]
goomy blob of web the female Goomy <Gooey> @ Lucky Egg [-1|-2|+1|+2|40]
zigzagoon Barfie the male Zigzagoon <Gluttony> @ Lansat Berry [-1|+1|-1|+1|60]
swablu Cirrus the male Swablu <Natural Cure> @ Sachet [-1|0|-1|+2|50]

Eta Carinae's active squad

murkrow Jink the male Murkrow <Super Luck> @ Dusk Stone [+1|-1|+1|-1|91]
ledyba Plattitude the male Ledyba <Swarm> @ Lucky Egg [-2|-1|+1|+2|55]
shellder Lamellibranchiata the female Shellder <Skill Link> @ Water Stone [+1|+2|-1|-2|40]
growlithe Django the male Growlithe <Intimidate> @ Fire Stone [+1|-1|+1|-1|60]
pidove Miracle Max the male Pidove <Super Luck> @ Razor Claw [+1|+1|-1|-1|43]
flabebe-white Chloris the female Flabébé (White Flower) <Flower Veil> @ Shiny Stone [-1|-1|0|+2|42]
chikorita Cordelia the female Chikorita <Overgrow> @ Lucky Egg [-1|+1|-1|+1|45]
golett Sefer the genderless Golett <Iron Fist> @Lucky Egg [+1|0|-1|0|35]

(Sefer is just barely too heavy and has been excluded. Commodus and Vorab are significantly too heavy and have been excluded also.)

Eifie sends out first, then Eta Carinae sends out and attacks, then Eifie attacks.

Last edited:
Just a note to say Sefer has been undisqualified on the grounds that Golett are in fact consensually flying; however, if he is sent out, he may not touch down at any point while fighting on the bridge.

I'll use Django!

Start with a Fire Spin to keep him within your reach, then Crunch and Fire Fang. If you can't reach him with your mouth, use Flamethrower twice instead. If you can't reach him at all, or for some other reason you can't hit him bar a Substitute, use Sunny Day or Howl, depending on the action.

Fire Spin ~ Crunch/Flamethrower/Sunny Day ~ Fire Fang/Flamethrower/Howl

All right, Cirrus, I want you to use Agility to escape that fire spin. Don't be scared, you're a badass little cheep and you'll feel much better once you get out from that freakin' SWIRLING VORTEX OF RAGING FLAMES, I promise. Do your best!

Once you're hopefully free, I want a huge Substitute. Stay within his mouth's reach; 20% should be enough to tank both a Crunch and a Fire Fang with a bit to spare, I hope. If you're not faster by now for whatever reason though, or if you're still trapped in the vortex, then I want you to brag all about what a badass little cheep you are. Django can't possibly hope to compare. Really show him that Swagger.

Finally, Swagger if you didn't do so before or if Swagger missed. Otherwise, take that power boost for yourself and leave him a terrified li'l pup with Power Swap.

Agility (escape Fire Spin) ~ Substitute (20%) / Swagger ~ Swagger / Power Swap

=Eifie vs Eta Carinae: Round I=

Eifie
PC9NyEI.png
PC9NyEI.png
PC9NyEI.png

swablu.gif

Cirrus ♂ @Sachet
Ability: Natural Cure/Aroma Veil
Health: 100% | Energy: 100%
Base stats: [-1|0|-1|+2|50]
Adjusted stats: [-2|0|-1|+2|50]
shivering.

Eta Carinae
PC9NyEI.png
PC9NyEI.png
PC9NyEI.png

growlithe.gif

Django ♂ @Fire Stone
Ability: Intimidate
Health: 100% | Energy: 100%
Base stats: [+1|-1|+1|-1|60]
"j-just don't look down...

"So... you're sure this thing is safe?" Eta Carinae asked dubiously, appraising the ancient wooden suspension bridge hanging precariously over a fifty-foot drop to the river below.
Eifie glanced at it, squeezing her lips together. "Maybe! Uh, I mean, yes? Well, he picked it first, so..." she tilted her head indicatively towards the referee, who picked that moment to send out his Drifblim and float away high into the air to preside over the match below. Shrugging and reluctantly giving all concerned the benefit of the doubt, Eta Carinae began his long trek across to the other side of the bridge, grimacing with every step upon the rotted, creaky old planks underfoot.

Once he'd crept his way gingerly to the opposite cliffside, the time came to get the battle underway. Two Pokéballs were hurled into the centre of the bridge. Out of them emerged a Swablu answering to the name of Cirrus, his white fluffy wings seeming to envelop him as the continually-falling snow settled on his body, and Django, a rather menacing-looking Growlithe. Flicking the snow out of his eyes, Cirrus grew very uneasy at the sight of a Fire-type in such a fragile and inflammable arena. If he tried anything the whole bridge could go up! He resolved to keep his distance, just so he could escape easier if he managed to set the whole bridge alight.

Such fears were soon brought to light when Django exhaled a steady stream of flame, which swirled through the air in serpentine arcs and formed an encapsulating helix around Cirrus' body. He let out a chirp of horror upon spotting the ophidian jet of fire, backing away from it as it drew closer, but ultimately failing to evade its snare. Embers licked at his feathers, slightly singeing him as their fiery coils closed in.

He twittered in panic and flitted away from the flames, only to find them right up in his face whichever way he turned. He grew more and more frantic as his every search for an escape (the tried and tested up-and-over route clearly not occurring to him in his panic), until it gradually dawned on him that the only way out... was to go through. The inferno danced menacingly before his eyes. He gulped. Closing his eyes, he began to psych himself up for the feat of utter lunacy he was about to attempt. He started forwards numerous times only to chicken out before bowing his head, taking a deep breath, and charging forward through the wall of flames and out to safety on the other side.

Still charged with adrenaline from his daring escape, Cirrus began to move before Django had even noticed he was free, sweeping together a clump of the snow coating the planks of the bridge into a heap and gently breathing life into the resulting mound. Cloud-like wings of compacted snow rose from it, a dumpy little body acting as a crude facsimile of Cirrus' form and moving to guard its master. It was then that Django realised his prey was loose. Worse still, it had reinforcements! He snarled and leapt at the substitute, fangs bared and cloaked with dark energy, landing upon it and sinking his fangs deep into its snowy mass. He immediately leapt off and spat the resulting mouthful of slush in disgust, dislodging a substantial amount of the construct's bulk as his fangs wrenched themselves free.

A twittering laugh rose above the howling snow as he scraped the slush off his tongue with a paw, and he turned around to see Cirrus in the throes of a fit of mocking laughter, pointing at him and making all manner of mocking gestures. That just about did it. Django refused to be made a fool of. With a ferocious snarl he pounced again, flames billowing around his keenly-bared fangs, but in his haste he neglected to correctly angle his leap. He found himself veering towards the rope handrail of the bridge, and with a yelp he tried to stop himself before he tumbled off the edge, grasping at the rail and tangling his legs up in it in the process. He thrashed wildly to twist himself loose, finally freeing each of his legs and tumbling back onto the bridge head-first. Nursing the bump on his head afforded to him by his less than graceful landing, he shot a dirty look at Cirrus, the bird twittering even more raucously in hysterical laughter at his expense.

Eifie
PC9NyEI.png
PC9NyEI.png
PC9NyEI.png

swablu.gif

Cirrus ♂ @Sachet
Health: 77% | Energy: 86%
Adjusted stats: [-2|0|-1|+2|80]
most amused.

swablu
Cirrus' substitute
Health: 11%

Eta Carinae
PC9NyEI.png
PC9NyEI.png
PC9NyEI.png

growlithe.gif

Django ♂ @Fire Stone
Health: 92% | Energy: 93%
Adjusted stats: [+3|-1|+1|-1|60]
already losing his temper.

Calculations
Cirrus' health: 100% - 3% (Fire Spin) - 20% (Substitute) = 77%
Cirrus' energy: 100% - 2% (Agility) - 10% (Substitute) - 3% (Swagger) = 86%
Cirrus' substitute: 20% - 9% (Crunch) = 11%
Django's health: 100% - 8% (confused) = 92%
Django's energy: 100% - 1% (Fire Spin) - 4% (Crunch) - 2% (confused) = 93%

Referee's notes
  • there is a Fire Spin raging in the center of the bridge, with nobody inside it (1 more action).
  • I reasoned a Pokémon would probably be able to escape from a Fire Spin by putting on a burst of speed a la Agility and running through the flames, albeit with a 1 in 3 chance of chickening out of running into a raging goddamn inferno. I upped this to 1 in 2 for Cirrus since he was pretty jittery from Intimidate, but he made it regardless.
  • Django hurt himself in confusion on the third action.
  • I've just now realised I remember virtually nothing about 3-5. I probably ought to replay T&T to revise for this battle :V
  • Eifie attacks first next round.

Last edited:
Ah yes, excellent work, Cirrus! Who's a brave little fluff bird?! I'll have a bunch of your favourite Supreme Spring Poké Puffs waiting for you when you get off this bridge. :3

Now, let's continue that plan from before, shall we? Begin with a Power Swap to take that nice Attack boost. If he Protects, buff fluff yourself up. He shouldn't be able to do anything else before you can attack him, so you should be good with that.

Next, let's clunk him over the head with that fire hydrant over there and take his Fire Stone. You don't have any use for it, but that's okay; just chuck it right off the bridge. If he's got a Substitute or no longer has his Fire Stone, try a Body Slam. If you used Cotton Guard last action, though, Power Swap now if you can get him. Also do so if he's Protecting or you just can't use or hit him with whatever move, actually, since that'll probably take the last energy.

Finally, another Body Slam would be nice. If he's got a Reflect up or you never got to Power Swap, switch to Hyper Voice. If he has clones or you can't hit him (besides Substitute) or use whatever move, do a Rain Dance.

Power Swap / Cotton Guard ~ Thief (discard Fire Stone) / Body Slam / Power Swap ~ Body Slam / Hyper Voice / Rain Dance

Alrighty Django, we can work with this.

That Power Swap doesn't worry me a whole lot. Chill while it's happening to hopefully lessen your confusion. Then... gah, a Flamethrower just won't be strong enough to annihilate that sub (a pox on you and your inherent stats, Sang!). Close Combat should do it though. Then, let's experiment a bit. Try and grab Cirrus in your jaws with a Crunch, preferably before he backs away after Body Slam, but running after him and doing it is also acceptable. #1 priority is to keep him trapped. However, if you failed to destroy the sub last action, try another Close Combat, just to be safe.

Chill ~ Close Combat ~ Crunch/Close Combat

=Eifie vs Eta Carinae: Round II=

Eifie
PC9NyEI.png
PC9NyEI.png
PC9NyEI.png

swablu.gif

Cirrus ♂ @Sachet
Health: 77% | Energy: 86%
Adjusted stats: [-2|0|-1|+2|80]
most amused.

swablu
Cirrus' substitute
Health: 11%

Eta Carinae
PC9NyEI.png
PC9NyEI.png
PC9NyEI.png

growlithe.gif

Django ♂ @Fire Stone
Health: 92% | Energy: 93%
Adjusted stats: [+3|-1|+1|-1|60]
already losing his temper.

The rage-fuelled fervour with which Django had ruthlessly banged his head off the floor inspired a sense of reluctant admiration in Cirrus. If only he could brutally disfigure himself with such gusto! Or better yet, brutally disfigure his opponent! He linked minds with his opponent, conferring his timidness and taking Django's enraged zeal for himself in return. Django was freed of his ferocious bloodlust, but a faltering diffidence took his place, leaving him no less likely to fail his attacks; fortunately he was commanded to play it safe, taking a break to clear his head. His eyes closed just as the vortex of flames in the centre of the bridge fizzled out of existence.

With his newfound anger, napping on the job was not something Cirrus was prepared to tolerate. Punishment was in order for this lackadaisical behaviour; some sort of confiscation would do the trick. He flitted towards Django and dealt a chiding peck to his forehead- an exceptionally hard one, naturally, corporal punishment has its place- and snatched away his Fire Stone with his talons. Just to make absolutely sure the lesson was ingrained in his slothful opponent's mind, he flitted up over the railings and tossed the stone clear off the bridge, sending it tumbling irretrievably into the rushing river far, far below.

If nothing else, this larceny certainly got a rise out of Django. He watched in horror as it was flown away out of his grasp, anger surging back through him once it tumbled into the abyss, and with a snarl he hurled himself upon Cirrus and pummelled him furiously with both forelegs. So hasty was his counterattack that he failed to properly inspect his target, and he looked up to see an amused and unharmed Cirrus looking back at him. He peered back down to find only a heap of smashed-up snow at his feet that had once formed a substitute.

He hardly had time to damn his own foolishness before a blob of bird suddenly ploughed into him, Cirrus having hurtled at him full force and knocked him to the ground with the whole weight of his tiny, fluffy body. His beloved gem still not avenged, he sank his teeth into Cirrus and locked them into the bird's flesh, shaking him brutally and inflicting agonising wounds. Cirrus chirped and tried his best to wriggle free, only succeeding in tearing his own wounds open wider, and finally the pain made him hold still. Black clouds began to roll across the sky, an ominous rumble ringing out in the distance...

Eifie
PC9NyEI.png
PC9NyEI.png
PC9NyEI.png

swablu.gif

Cirrus ♂ @Sachet
Health: 65% | Energy: 77%
Adjusted stats: [+1|0|-1|+2|80]
"lemme go :c"
Status: Atk+2, Spd+2. Trapped in Django's maw (4 more actions).

Eta Carinae
PC9NyEI.png
PC9NyEI.png
PC9NyEI.png

growlithe.gif

Django ♂ @Fire Stone
Health: 67% | Energy: 92%
Adjusted stats: [0|-2|+1|-2|60]
eyeing the skies worriedly.

Calculations
Cirrus' health: 77% - 12% (Crunch) = 65%
Cirrus' energy: 86% - 2% (Power Swap) - 3% (Thief) - 4% (Body Slam) = 77%
Cirrus' substitute: 11% - 12% (Close Combat) = 0%
Django's health: 92% - 11% (Thief) - 14% (Body Slam) = 67%
Django's energy: 93% + 10% (Chill) - 7% (Close Combat) - 4% (Crunch) = 89%

Referee's notes
  • Thief and Crunch were critical hits.
  • I'm reffing being trapped in Django's jaws as basically a trapping move minus the damage each action while trapped.
  • bridge collapse will happen at the end of next round.
  • Django's confusion wore off at the end of the third action.
  • Eta Carinae attacks first next round.

Last edited:
Can I ask how Crunch did 17%, even with a crit? Could it have something to do with the fact that you seem to have calculated Django's adjusted attack to be +2 instead of 0?

Also, technically, since energy is capped at 100%, Django should have 89% energy, yes?

edit: also, when did Django's confusion wear off? Sorry to ask so many questions, haha.

Yes, it seems I applied the -1 he recieved to his adjusted stats and not his base stats somehow. Thus Crunch did 8% base damage plus 7% crit damage for a total of 15%.
And yes, apparently I just added all his energy modifications for the round together and took the result off his current energy rather than applying them one by one. Since he can't chill to 103% energy he is indeed at 89%.
Also the confusion wore off at the end of the third action, I was too lazy to mention it in the prose so I was gonna just add it into the end of round notes instead but I guess I forgot oops

Yes, it seems I applied the -1 he recieved to his adjusted stats and not his base stats somehow. Thus Crunch did 8% base damage plus 7% crit damage for a total of 15%.
And yes, apparently I just added all his energy modifications for the round together and took the result off his current energy rather than applying them one by one. Since he can't chill to 103% energy he is indeed at 89%.
Also the confusion wore off at the end of the third action, I was too lazy to mention it in the prose so I was gonna just add it into the end of round notes instead but I guess I forgot oops

Crits don't double damage anymore, so the crit should only be adding 4%, correct? (This applies to Thief, too, which I think should be doing 11%, and I think Body Slam should be doing 13%? man this base stat stuff makes everything so complicated)

edit: you took away Cirrus's attack boost in his adjusted stats instead of Django's. poor blob of bird :C

has halving the base power for a crit boost always been a thing and I just wasn't paying attention or was it added when I wasn't looking

OKAY I worked out the damage figures properly this time, my working is as follows:

Thief: (6% base + 1% from Cirrus' attack + 1% from Django's defense) * 1.5 crit bonus = 12%.
Body Slam: (8% base + 1% from Cirrus' attack + 2% from Django's defense) * 1.25 STAB bonus = 13.75%, rounded to 14%.
Crunch: 8% base * 1.5 crit bonus = 12%

Close Combat recieved no modifiers at all and dealt just its base damage (12%).

NOW EVERYTHING IS FINE AND HAPPY everyone command before I fuck it up again

close, crits work with just base power :p so it only adds 3% to Thief. Cirrus is still thrilled.

3% here and there doesn't change much for me, so i'm just going to order.

Alright Django, time to take one for the team.

You aren't scared of fire are you? No, you live off of that stuff, so next round when the bridge lights up I don't want you to back off. You're one tough Growlithe, and there isn't anything a few flames can do to you.

I want three Fire Fangs. Because keeping her locked into your jaws is important, I don't want you to bite down each time. Just keep those massive molars in place and set them ablaze around him. The goal here is to prevent any way out for poor Cirrus, hopefully those flames will discourage any elaborate attempts to escape.

The most crucial part of the plan is that no matter what happens at the end of the third action, you keep him nice and cozy in your mouth. We don't want him flying away on us. Trust me, you'll be fine. I heard that the Eagle River is lovely this time of year.

If he escapes your jaws somehow, abort, abort, abort. Switch your commands to a couple of Flamethrowers, Howl if you can't hit him for some reason. Finish with a Flame Charge, but in my direction across the bridge, not at Cirrus. If you can't use the move for some reason, just run.

Fire Fang/Flamethrower/Howl x2 ~ Fire Fang + Hold On Tight/Flame Charge/Run

Oh man this is going to go so badly.

All right, Cirrus, you're going to have to tough it out for just a bit here. I know you can do it, you're a super-tough blob of bird! I want you to try your best to put up a Safeguard while you hang in there. If you can't pull it off, maybe try fluffing yourself up? It is no big deal if you cannot do either of these things, so don't worry!

Considering you are literally right in his face, there's no way he won't hear some of your lovely birdsong. So I want you to wait a bit and then Sing him right to sleep. His jaws should loosen quite a lot when he drifts off, so you can fly right out of there. Get over to Eta Carinae's side of the bridge and flutter about at the edge. If he happens to jolt himself awake and try to run off the bridge, force him back with a Double-Edge. He's going to be pretty preoccupied with getting the hell out of there, so I doubt he'll see you and suddenly think to disregard his trainer's orders and run the other way. Once you've pushed him back he won't have time to escape, and down he'll go! If he doesn't wake up, though, just take a well-deserved Chill. And if Sing didn't put him to sleep before, Sing him to sleep now and escape.

Do your best not to let him off that bridge! You can do it!

Safeguard / Cotton Guard / nothing ~ wait and Sing ~ Double-Edge / Chill / Sing

=Eifie vs Eta Carinae: Round III=

Eifie
PC9NyEI.png
PC9NyEI.png
PC9NyEI.png

swablu.gif

Cirrus ♂ @Sachet
Health: 65% | Energy: 77%
"lemme go :c"
Status: Atk+2, Spd+2. Trapped in Django's maw (4 more actions).

Eta Carinae
PC9NyEI.png
PC9NyEI.png
PC9NyEI.png

growlithe.gif

Django ♂ @Fire Stone
Health: 67% | Energy: 92%
eyeing the skies worriedly.

Before the referee could even blow his whistle to signify the beginning of the third round, a sudden burst of light illuminated the entire canyon, startling him so much he almost dropped his whistle into the river. Lightning branched down from the heavens like the blade of a ceremonial Shichishito, striking the bridge dead in the centre and causing it to instantly erupt into flames. Cirrus chirped in alarm, wrangling his head around as best he could to get a proper eyeful of the blaze rapidly devouring the bridge and fighting to escape Django's jaws and fly for his life, but all attempts at movement were thwarted by his captor's firm grip. He took a deep breath and tried to stay calm; he had to remain a brave little birdie for his trainer, after all. He made the best of the situation and cloaked himself in a pale greenish light, his only defense against being roasted by the burning bridge.

Django, conversely, wasn't worried at all by his predicament. Flames had never bothered him- he was a Fire-type, after all- and rickety as it was, the bridge had a few minutes before it would even begin to collapse. And this little birdie wasn't going anywhere without his say-so. So he felt pretty content to stay and rough up the little bird before seeking refuge from the cruel embrace of gravity. He belched up a glob of flame into his mouth and channelled it over his fangs and into the bite wounds they were snugly embedded in, sending a wave of searing pain through his prey's torn flesh.

Though unbearable pain flowed through him, Cirrus continued to endure, making no attempt to escape or bring an end to the fiery torture. He had a plan, and it required him to remain a brave little birdie for just a few moments longer. Once he could handle the burning no longer, he took a deep breath and began to produce a soft melody of chirps, Django's ears pricking up and engrossing him in the enchanting song. His eyelids grew leaden, and he put up only token resistance before closing them and collapsing into a deep sleep, his jaw slackening and allowing Cirrus to slip free and flutter away before the whole bridge went up.

He beat his wings furiously, darting around flaming timber and weaving his way quickly to his opponent's end of the bridge. He dared only a few glances back at his foe; still slumbering obliviously, albeit rather fitfully. Part of his unconscious mind screamed at him to wake the hell up before the smouldering planks crumbled beneath him and plummeted him towards a tremendously bad owwie, but his sleep was simply too deep to snap out of so easily. Cirrus shrugged and made one final push forward, swooping off the bridge and crash-landing in relief in the snow at Eta Carinae's cliffside. The trainer himself paid Cirrus no heed, instead staring at the bridge frozen in complete horror. The entire structure was now ablaze, the fire having spread through the old rotten wood like, well, wildfire. His only solace was that even in its current state the bridge seemed like it should hold, provided no more weight was put upon it...

"MAYA!"

A sudden cry of horror from Eifie's side of the canyon drew all eyes to its source, a blue-suited, spiky-haired man running full-tilt down the path from Hazakura shrine. He rushed right past Eifie, seeming to be headed for the burning bridge.
"Wait-!" Eifie started.
"Stop-!" the referee started.
"Don't-!" Eta Carinae started, too far away to see what was actually going on but damned if he wasn't going to feel included.
These warnings went unheeded, however, and the man continued unperturbed and set foot on the bridge. The planks instantly crumbled to ash underfoot, and with a stomach-turning creak the bridge finally began to collapse, plunging its new occupant into the canyon and tumbling down after him. Section by section it broke apart and fell into the river, sagging down into the abyss and dropping Django after the burning chunks of wood and rope. An expertly-trained ear just might have heard a muted yelp before the rest of the bridge crumbled loose from the cliff and fell into nothingness below.

Eifie
PC9NyEI.png
PC9NyEI.png
PC9NyEI.png

swablu.gif

Cirrus ♂ @Sachet
Health: 47% | Energy: 82%
almost feeling bad for Django. Almost.
Status: Atk+2, Spd+2. Protected by Safeguard (2 more actions).

Eta Carinae
PTQRMNa.png
PC9NyEI.png
PC9NyEI.png

growlithe.gif

Django ♂ @Fire Stone
Health: 0% | Energy: 88%
knocked out!

Calculations
Cirrus' health: 65% - 9% (Fire Fang) - 9% (Fire Fang) = 47%
Cirrus' energy: 77% - 1% (Safeguard) -1% (Sing) - 3% (Safeguard upkeep) = 72%
Django's health: 67% - 67% (falling through the goddamn bridge holy fuck) = 0%
Django's energy: 92% - 2% (Fire Fang) - 2% (Fire Fang) = 88%

Referee's notes
  • Fire Fang bypassed the accuracy roll, as Django already had Cirrus in his jaws.
  • Sing's accuracy was raised for similar reasons, but with the roll it got it would have been effective anyway.
  • moving from the middle of the bridge to either end consumes an action, so Cirrus didn't have time to chill.
  • Django had a 50% chance per action to be woken by self-preservation instinct while the bridge was burning. I rolled an 89. RIP in peaches.
  • Cirrus' commands have a 25% chance of not being heard and thus being randomised while he remains on Eta Carinae's side.
  • Eta Carinae sends out, then Eifie attacks first next round.

Last edited:
HEY! HEY CIRRUS! I TOTALLY FORGOT TO TELL YOU LAST ROUND THAT I'D WANT YOU FLYING BACK OVER HERE STRAIGHT AWAY NOW— CIRRUS! CIRRUS, CAN YOU HEAR ME? GET BACK HERE! ... Cirrus?

*FLAILING ARM COME HERE GESTURES...*

Ah, good, you're here. Just stay here with me for now. Shoot some Natural Gifts across the canyon, since they'll take advantage of your boosted Attack and can't miss. You did amazingly, Cirrus. I'm so proud of you. :3

GET BACK HERE GODDAMMIT ~ GET BACK HERE GODDAMMIT / Natural Gift ~ GET BACK HERE GODDAMMIT / Natural Gift

Back
Top Bottom