• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what's hilarious? David/Joanthan fanfiction. It exists.

Ruth/Naomi's better, though.

Ruth 1:16-17 and 2:10-11 describe their close friendship Perhaps the best known passage from this book is Ruth 1:16-17 which is often read out during opposite-sex and same-sex marriage and union ceremonies:

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely, if anything but death separates you and me." (NIV)

Ruth 1:14, referring to the relationship between Ruth and Naomi, mentions that "Ruth clave onto her." (KJV) The Hebrew word translated here as "clave" is identical to that used in the description of a heterosexual marriage in Genesis 2:24: " Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh." (KJV)

It's canon! :3

You know what's hilarious? David/Joanthan fanfiction. It exists.

Ruth/Naomi's better, though.
Ahahaha really? That is so cool in a hilarious kinda way.

And on this whole homosexuality topic of course I agree with pretty much everyone and it's all great and happy rainbows acceptance and all that. Yay~

You know what's hilarious? David/Joanthan fanfiction. Bible Slash. It exists.
trollingxtiansho4.jpg

And you know what's even funnier than that? Serious responses to people who write Bible-related slash, where they tell the author that they're horrible and will burn in hell, etc.

It amuses me they have a Bible section over at FF.net in the first place.

Ok, firstly I must clear thing up with Dannichu. That is not what I was implying at all. Maybe it just came out wrong but that is in no way how I feel about women. Well, we're getting off subject here.

Anyway I saw this quote and I had to react because of how wrong it was.

<start quote>If God is all-powerful, then nothing is against his will or his teachings, because otherwise he would strike down all homosexuals. Since he lets it happen, it's not against his will. <end quote>

Just because God lets something happen doesn't mean its not against his will. Everyday murder happens and that is clearly against his will. God doesn't interfere too much because he loves us. He wants us to make our own choices whether they be good or bad. He will try to steer us in the right direction but if we didn't make our own choices then we wouldn't be free. God loves us so much that he wants us to have free will. That's why he sent us to earth rather than keeping us all in heaven from the start.

This being said, I believe homosexuality is a wrong choice. But God lets a person make that wrong choice because if he didn't let them, then we wouldn't be free. Just goes to show you how much he loves us.

Tropiking said:
This being said, I believe homosexuality is a wrong choice.
Despite the fact that modern science tells us it's not a choice? =o

Using religion as a reason in the legalization debate is a really bad idea. Fun fact: Not everyone believes - or gives much of a damn about - your God.

Homosexuality is wrong. You all know this deep down inside (unless you're gay yourself, in which case you're twisted). You all pretend that you're accepting of homosexuals, but in reality, you hate them just as much as I do. They're disgusting and you know it.

You know it.

They're disgusting.

Two guys doing it? Perverted, sick, wrong. It makes me want to throw up. It makes me want to kill myself. You know what? I hate gay people so much, I'm going to kill myself. I'm going to take this razor - I'm going to - see? Can you see it digging into my flesh? My wrists are bleeding. Look. My blood. This blood is on the hands of gay people. Gay people made me do this. Gay people made me cut myself. I hate them. I hate them all. I want them to suffer like I do. Nobody understands my pain; the pain of living in a world with gays. Only Tropiking knows the truth; that homosexuality is wrong and that it is disgusting, disgusting.

The blood loss is - oh my God, I'm going to die...! Cry with me, Tropiking, cry with me in this river of blood!

I for one am against it. Not only is it disgusting for one but it's also against my religion. It prohibits homosexuality plain and simple in the Bible. I mean, God created the woman for a reason.
Yes, but /why/ do you find it disgusting, why is it against your religion, why is that book still culturally relevant? Years ago, when there were fewer people in the religion, it made sense. if everyone was having productive heterosexual sex, there would be more christian children born. You say 'god created woman for a reason', what reason? are you honestly saying the only function of a woman is to carry young?

I was reading through some of the arguements here. Number 100, nowhere in the Bible does it say it allows slavery. I don't know where you got that idea but it's simply untrue. Trust me, my father is a pastor and has read the entire Bible over 4 times.ask him to explain these these contradictions

Now, I don't think homosexuals or bisexuals are bad people. They just don't understand that what they are doing is wrong. God works in mysterious ways. He is obviously trying to help them with this problem. Whether they decide to listen to Him is what they are dealing with.Being gay/bi/pan/whatever-sexual are doing something 'wrong' why? Do you condone hate crimes such as killing and beating or threatening of known homosexuals because it is a 'cure'? I don't want to listen to a god who says "my children, love everyone, but tell the gays that if they don't stop being gay and do what I say, or we will never leave you alone"

So you ask me should homosexuality be legalized? No, I don't think it should. America is based on Christianity (Which it should. But that's another topic) And being that as it is, it seems that America should try to follow the laws of the Bible. Which is exactly why I don't think that it should be legalized."America is based on Christianity" - protestant or catholic? - Also ever hear about this fancy little thing called seperation of church and state? it's there for a reason - because are /supposedly/ not denying people rights just because we don't like who they love or have sex with. k?
Give me a reason other than "the bible/god/my dad says don't be gay", and I'll give your argument some thought.

So guys I wrote this fairly quickly and didn't glance over it for mistakes~

That was a bit messed up there Music Dragon.

Vladimir: Nowhere in the Bible does it say that slavery is ok. I don't know where you heard that but it's simply untrue. As I said before, my father is a pastor and has read the entire Bible over 4 times and nowhere in it does it say that slavery is ok.

AuroraKing: I know that not everybody believes in the Bible. I believe that we would have a great world if everyone did. I mean think of it, no wars, no killing, no adultry, no lying, cheating, or stealing. But that's just my opinion and I'm getting off subject again.

Also, I really don't care what modern scientists are telling us. I mean sure some of it is true but a lot of scientists are atheist (No offense to anyone here who is) and they just want to find a way of explaining things without God. Take evolution for example. It is being disproved over and over again but scientists just keep coming up with even more crazy theories because they want to say that creation was of natural causes. Dang, I getting of subject again.

Homosexuality is a choice despite what scientists say. With God's help anything is possible and that includes quitting being a homosexual.

One more thing. I'm not trying to ram my religion down people's throats. I am simply stating what I know to be true. It's up to you to believe it or not.

NWT: Are you going to tell God that his opinion doesn't count?

See, this isn't that "perfect world" (which, by the way, sounds absolutely awful). I don't believe in God, and neither do a lot of people; if religion is the only reason you oppose homosexuality, you're probably better off not posting in this thread. Your argument is invalid.

NWT: Are you going to tell God that his opinion doesn't count?
Sure, because it is my belief that your God is nothing more than a figment of your imagination.

Oh, I'm messed up? I'm messed up?

You say you're not ramming your religion down people's throats, huh? Is that what you're saying? Here's some news for you: nobody likes you, nobody listens to you, because you have no valid arguments whatsoever. Everything about you is utter bullshit, and then I'm not just talking about your crap website, I mean your biblically based opinions as well.

They're CRAP, you know that? They're a crapload of crappity-crap-crap-a-dap. I'm not anti-Christian. In fact, I used to go to Sunday School when I was a kid. I'm generally very accepting of Christians, and religious people overall.

But!

When you come in here and say that certain people are wrong - that their lifestyles are wrong, that something about their personalities is wrong and that they ought to stop being who they are and that everyone should be like you instead, a bloody Christian - that really ticks me off.

So you say I'm messed up? No. No, you're the one who's messed up.

I don't know who taught you that everyone is wrong if they don't listen to what was written in a self-contradictory, centuries-old book full of shit that common sense should tell you to disregard. But whoever it was, they ought to be shot for twisting you into such a bigoted, close-minded, sick creep.

I'm flaming? Yeah, I don't know. Probably. Well worth it, if you ask me. You disgust me. You and your anti-homosexual attitude, you make me want to throw up. You make me want to die. I'm going to take a razor and just -

Oh, blood!

Sure, because it is my belief that your God is nothing more than a figment of your imagination.
Well said.

Oh, I'm messed up? I'm messed up?

You say you're not ramming your religion down people's throats, huh? Is that what you're saying? Here's some news for you: nobody likes you, nobody listens to you, because you have no valid arguments whatsoever. Everything about you is utter bullshit, and then I'm not just talking about your crap website, I mean your biblically based opinions as well.

They're CRAP, you know that? They're a crapload of crappity-crap-crap-a-dap. I'm not anti-Christian. In fact, I used to go to Sunday School when I was a kid. I'm generally very accepting of Christians, and religious people overall.

But!

When you come in here and say that certain people are wrong - that their lifestyles are wrong, that something about their personalities is wrong and that they ought to stop being who they are and that everyone should be like you instead, a bloody Christian - that really ticks me off.

So you say I'm messed up? No. No, you're the one who's messed up.

I don't know who taught you that everyone is wrong if they don't listen to what was written in a self-contradictory, centuries-old book full of shit that common sense should tell you to disregard. But whoever it was, they ought to be shot for twisting you into such a bigoted, close-minded, sick creep.

I'm flaming? Yeah, I don't know. Probably. Well worth it, if you ask me. You disgust me. You and your anti-homosexual attitude, you make me want to throw up. You make me want to die. I'm going to take a razor and just -

Oh, blood!
MD, <3 you
ohmygod we don't approve :(

Last edited:
Is this a good Bible or a shitty one I got it from a hotel so I doubt its quality.

well to really understand the proper meaning of the bible you need to speak Aramaic and Koine Greek or have a proper translation at hand so pretty much every English translation is compromised. Degrees of failure differ only in their intensity.

Vladimir: Nowhere in the Bible does it say that slavery is ok. I don't know where you heard that but it's simply untrue. As I said before, my father is a pastor and has read the entire Bible over 4 times and nowhere in it does it say that slavery is ok.

me said:
Lev. 25:44 -46 'Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can will them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites.'
I posted this one page ago why do you not read threads.
Also yeah he's a pastor that's cool I'm an atheist but I can look up things in books too.

Also, I really don't care what modern scientists are telling us. I mean sure some of it is true but a lot of scientists are atheist (No offense to anyone here who is) and they just want to find a way of explaining things without God.

wow if this isn't a troll I will be sad but anyway

dammit, you're onto them! all scientists want to do is contradict religion :( fuck all those mountains of proof they have, clearly it's all made up.

see, here's the thing. scientists are trying to find a scientific explanation for various things. God is not a scientific explanation. therefore, yes, where relevant they are trying to find an explanation beyond "God did it" because that is a terrible explanation.

yes?

Take evolution for example.

Oh, bring it. Show me these things that disprove it again and again, show me these crazy theories, or stop spouting bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom