• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

PRESIDENT (ELECT) Barack Obama

On the day after the election, with 99.5% of precincts reporting the vote was 52.5% in favor of Proposition 8 and 47.5% against, with a difference of about 490,000 votes; as many as 3 million absentee and provisional ballots remain to be counted.
FUCK IT FAIL DAMMIT D:<
If it fails then it will be a great day :D

He isn't actually President until late January, but...

OBAMA IS PRESIDENT! WH-HOO!

The community I live in is mostly McCain supporters, but OH WELL! WH-HOO!

One thing I think that is so great about Obama winning is that, for the last eight years, the last eight freaking years I've cringed just hearing the president speak, but now that's changed. Now I don't have to be embarrassed to be a citizen of a country that elected that. I don't have to think of the president as only a source of humor. I can be proud of America again. I can expect big changes will happen, for better or worse, but still changes. I can expect the power to declare war being put into competent hands. I can know that we're going to start heading into the right direction.

I know this will be good.

I feel bad for SNL, though. Who can they mock if they can't mock the president?

On a slightly darker note, did anyone else notice the bulletproof glass around his podium when he was doing his speech in Chicago?

On a slightly darker note, did anyone else notice the bulletproof glass around his podium when he was doing his speech in Chicago?
My TV sucks so I couldn't tell, but I figured there'd be something like that. It makes sense; even if pretty much everyone loves Obama, it'd only take one person to get to him. It's not that dark a note for him to need to be protected.

Of course, I honestly doubt anyone ever could get all the way to assassinating him; people will try to but there's no way any of them will succeed. Why is everyone so convinced he's going to be killed? o.o

And don't forget he's the Antichrist! O.o No, really, people think that WTF.
Nope, not possible. According to the Bible, the Antichrist will hail from the "revived Roman Empire"- Europe.

Well, well. Obama won. There's one thing I can say for sure - come next year, America will be... changed.

Despite the news, today was actually fun. My friends and I kept asking people who was president. Everyone but me and another friend of mine said Obama.

On the note of SNL, I was hoping a while back that Obama would pick Hillary Clinton for VP, just so SNL could parody her "accidentally" knocking him off a podium.

WOOT WOOT!!!

Now we can sleep without worrying about what Bush is going to do next!

OBAMA IS MY MAMA!

Why is everyone so convinced he's going to be killed? o.o

Lincoln: Ended the Civil war and was an early opponent of slavery. Shot in a chair.

JFK: Led the Space Race for the USA. Shot in a car.

Martin Luther King: Prominent leader of the Civil Rights movement. Shot during his speech.

Everytime the US comes close to becoming a legendary nation, some guy with a rifle always fucks it up.

RFK, too.
Bobby.
emotsmithet6.gif

The film about his assassination is depressing as hell. The Kennedy family is cursed to die horribly or something.

Nope, not possible. According to the Bible, the Antichrist will hail from the "revived Roman Empire"- Europe.

Well, well. Obama won. There's one thing I can say for sure - come next year, America will be... changed.

Despite the news, today was actually fun. My friends and I kept asking people who was president. Everyone but me and another friend of mine said Obama.

On the note of SNL, I was hoping a while back that Obama would pick Hillary Clinton for VP, just so SNL could parody her "accidentally" knocking him off a podium.

I don't think he's the Antichrist, but people do really believe that.

]On the note of SNL, I was hoping a while back that Obama would pick Hillary Clinton for VP, just so SNL could parody her "accidentally" knocking him off a podium.

Me being the Super-Democrat that I am I even think that that is funny!

I am so FUCKING TIRED of everyone in my goddamn school claiming he's the Antichrist. So eventually I got pissed off and said "The Bible explicitly says that the Antichrist denies the Father and Son and tries to substitute himself for Christ." And they say, "He does deny them! He's a Muslim!" "No he's not, he's a Christian, how many times do I --" "No, he's not a real Christian. Believe me. He's just saying that." "What gives you the right to say who is and who isn't a Christian?"

I swear, if it's their churches putting this bullshit into their heads I'm going to burn them down single handed.

I concur. Except about the burning part. That's a little extreme. Being Muslim isn't evil. It's a different belief. Tell your friends I said that.

People at my church group have been saying that too.

But THEIR reasoning?

"He's for abortion. We aren't."

Fuuuuuccccck ><
And you know them, they're just gonna circle-reason around the logic.
Believe me, I tried.

But either way this pleases me. Seeing him win AND seeing all the disdainful Republicans. >]

DISCLAIMER: Keep in mind that I only go to said church group because I'm pretty much forced.

Back
Top Bottom