• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

In Progress Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Jirachi's Wish

Okay, I was thinking about discontinuing the sprite comic. But what do YOU think?

• Stop making the comic, but remake it in written form with as little difference as possible.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

S. E.

I'm a crow, don't'cha know?
Pronoun
she
(Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I wasn't sure where to put it, so...)

BannerJW71971.png

This is my sprite comic. I wouldn't call it humour, but there are some funny bits...
I've finished up to issue 10, but right now I'm uploading them scene by scene...

Prologue:

prolouge160503.png

prolouge228500.png

prolouge310101.png

[Author Comment: It wasn't easy making that Dark Hyper Beam...]

Critique is welcome, as long as it's constructive.​

Last edited:
Issue 1:

comic1scene135299.png

comic1scene226849.png

comic1scene336340.png

[Author Comment: No mention of 'Oh, I used to be a human once~!' here.]​

Issue 3:

comic3scene196962.png

comic3scene224650.png

comic3scene344941.png

[Author Comment: Dreams are always necessary in PMD plots...]​

Issue 5:

comic5scene198287.png

comic5scene288834.png

comic5scene373179.png

comic5scene456054.png

comic5scene532100.png

[Author Comment: In case anyone is wondering, Crystal is a Chillmander, a Pokemon I made up.]​

Issue 7:

comic7scene111498.png

comic7scene268036.png

comic7scene387584.png

[Author Comment: Is Terra emo? Only the next issue will tell! (Just kidding)]​

Issue 10:

comic10scene195630.png

comic10scene217231.png

comic10scene396530.png

[Author Comment: And these were all the issues posted on the old forum. I'll get on Issue 11 now!]​

What does the medium of a sprite comic give to this? Why did you choose to make it a sprite comic if you haven't done anything with it as of yet that only really works in a visual medium?

@surskitty: Well, I was considering making it a written piece, but I'm much better at sprite comics, so...

@Blaziking: I don't know... The fact that they do pretty much sum it up is why I wouldn't bother to make a written part. If the were only pictures, no dialog, then that would be absolutely necessary.

I really like this story (and the way it's turning out), and I like the way you put it together (in the sprite medium, that is). It might be more... "climatic", if you know what I mean, if you were to put it into writing. There are also a few things that bug me about it...

Prologue: Well, for one thing, I think the dialogue between Jirachi and Mewtwo should be a lot longer, and slightly more detailed. That sets the reader's mind thinking about what's really going on between the two and wondering how the story will turn out. That's just personal preference, but I still think that would help the story some.

In the third panel of that issue, Jirachi says "Ha! I have escaped!", which sounds a little anti-climatic if you think about it -- you may want to consider revising it to some farewell statement to Mewtwo or something of that sort.

Issue #1: In the last panel, Terra's last statement is "Okay! Let's get going!" with a happy face. Aside from the fact that that seems rushed in the first place, I doubt Terra -- anyone, for that matter -- would just agree to go with the first person they saw. What if it had been Mewtwo, and he had had the exact same dialogue as Chikorita?

Issue #2: Again with what I mentioned above.

Issue #3: Just a minor bug, but the fact that the Healing Forest was named as such wasn't mentioned anywhere else, and unless Terra somehow knew about it beforehand or Chikorita told her there wouldn't be any way for her to know, I don't think.

And the last panel bugs me for some reason, but I don't really know how. x.x

Issue #4: "Psychicly"? Is that even a word? xD

Gardevoir's statement "That it was done with malicious intentions is all I know" sounds a bit weird with the rest of the dialogue -- perhaps something like "All I know is that this was done with malicious intentions" would be better?

And one more thing: what is Celebi doing in Pokemon Square to begin with? o.O

Issue #5: Maybe I'm just looking at it wrong, but Terra doesn't exactly strike me as the type to admit so quickly to having those dreams she's been having. I don't know, that's just what it feels like to me, anyway.

And didn't she only have one dream...?

Issue #6: Mewtwo doesn't seem like the type to give up so quickly, or again, maybe it's just me. He also doesn't seem like the type to say "Shut up".

Issue #7: lol emo Terra

Not much to say about this one.

Issue #8: This seems a bit improbable. I mean, you get two characters finding the perfect place, another one comes along and manages to not spot them (not only do Golbat have eyes, but as far as I know bats aren't actually blind either), calls himself a scout right in front of the other two who instantly guess at his identity and realize the place won't be investigated because the other character thought there was nothing there. This all happening at the exact same time. It's very unlikely.

Issue #9: Sort of anti-climatic again.

Issue #10: This wasn't too bad. :P

Hope I helped. ^^

And one more thing: what is Celebi doing in Pokemon Square to begin with? o.O
Well, she had to be at Terra's house to get in her dream, right? She was 'stunned' on the way out.

And yeah, I think some of the characters are flawed. Thanks.

EDIT: Also, may I say? Leafpool, you've given me the best critique yet. On the old forums, everyone just went around saying, "lol good job" and "awesome it's perfect", only usually with better grammar. No one really pointed out any mistakes, and I knew there were obviously. After all, this is my first. Again, thanks.

Well, yes, the thing about Celebi is true, but since she was like "I can't see you, but you can see me" I just came to the (wrong) assumption that she was somewhere else. *shrug*

Gah, I know that feeling. x.x The other forum I belong to there are only two people that even attempt criticism: me and my best friend. (And I'm not bragging; I can't be bragging when everybody's just like "awesome story!" to five-line things that contain numerous visible spelling/grammar errors and have almost no plot whatsoever.) My best friend doesn't even post on like any stories at all (she fears hate from the other peeps and therefore only comments on my fanfics xD), so... I can't really criticize my own fanfic too well, and I'm just stuck watching peeps go "This is terrific!" and other stuff like that. Gaah.

I know how you feel. I can't even get decent critique on sprites, so I don't bother...

Back
Top Bottom