• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Hardest pokemon to catch in third generation games?

You guys, mathmatically the Regis, Latis, Rayquaza and Deoxys are the hardest to capture. Oh, and Beldum if you encounter it in the wild. (Which isn't possible until D/P/Pt, but yeah.)
Mathematically? What the hell are you talking about.

I think all the pokemon in this game are pretty easy to catch. Latis are hard to find, what they're fairly easy to catch once you do find them. But maybe Suicune from Colleseum...

Actually, it's the only thing making egends harder to catch than other pokemon...
Heck, if you lower an Unown's HP to 1 at the levels they're at in the Solaceon Ruins, you can catch it with any ball 100% of the time.

On my Sapphire, the hardest to find for me were Latias, Chimecho, Feebas, and Relicanth. Now that I think about it, I never found Entei on LeafGreen...

The hardest for me to catch were Rayquaza and Relicanth. Latias only took a few tries after I trapped her~

Rayquaaaaaazaaaaa D<

Whose idea was it to give that thing Rest and and attack that makes itself confused? And level 70 and have really high stats to boot?

I found... one of the Regis quite hard. I caught one of them at half health in a Pokeball, though, so it's swings and roundabouts.

In Leafgreen I found Articuno quite hard. I didn't want to waste too many Ultra balls so I spent 4 hours or so trying to capture it with not too many balls. After the 4 hours or so, I caught Articuno with 5 or something balls. Thsi sounds good but I caught Zapdos with the same amount of balls in less time and same with Moltres.

Actually, it's the only thing making egends harder to catch than other pokemon...
Heck, if you lower an Unown's HP to 1 at the levels they're at in the Solaceon Ruins, you can catch it with any ball 100% of the time.
Yeah, they make them harder to catch, but not necessarily hard to catch. I really had no trouble catching the legends in S/R.

In Leafgreen I found Articuno quite hard. I didn't want to waste too many Ultra balls so I spent 4 hours or so trying to capture it with not too many balls. After the 4 hours or so, I caught Articuno with 5 or something balls. Thsi sounds good but I caught Zapdos with the same amount of balls in less time and same with Moltres.
Oh yeah, forgot about Firered. :/ I also had a bunch a trouble with Arty, and resulted to using my Master Ball. Which was stupid, but I was ten at the time, so I did stupid things. If I tried hard enough, I could probably catch him now.

But MEWTWO was definitely the hardest to catch. I took my over a frickin' year (D=) to get him. I figured I should try to freeze him, and I did, and it only took two ultra balls to do after.

I never really made any big mistakes even on my first round through Pokemon games. The reason is I read at least 3 Gamefaqs FAQs before even starting the game :)

I was dedicated, OK I still am just as dedicated now but still.

Yeah, they make them harder to catch, but not necessarily hard to catch. I really had no trouble catching the legends in S/R.

That is true. I had managed to catch every R/S/E legend with a Poke Ball sans Latias. (Well, back in my Sapphire I did, but I lost the game, so I used my Master Ball on her in Emerald JUST BECAUSE I LUV HER AND WON'T SPEND A YEAR TRYING TO CATCH HER.)

Anything's possible. But that doesnt stop me from using Dusk Balls on everything in Diamond. ^^;

All the Legendaries are = except Latios/as.

When I got Feebas, my sister and I were working on it all day. She found one first so we mixed records and then I got mine where she got hers.

I found it surprisingly hard finding Pikachu and sometimes Surskit early in the game.

That's because Pikachu is a Pokemon in the Safari Zone that took me a day finding one.

And Surskit is found only in few areas. Also, Surskit has been removed in the Map in Emerald. And when you're in the area, you'll be hunting long, cause there's only 1% chance of finding a Surskit in the Areas of Surskit.

Feebas is found in 6 of the 400 squares of water in the route before Fortree.

My Hard to catch:
Pikachu
Nosepass
Aron
Mawile
Geodude

Oh yes I forgot About Latias.
She is so hard to catch. I cloned my Master Ball thern ended up losing my game....
Articuno's one tough fella too- For her puzzles, I almost ended up throwing my game because I keep on getting lost.
And when it was time to catch her, I bought a Hundred Ultra Balls and i caught her with the third one. o_O total waste of Money.

o_O O_0 o_0 0_o 0_0 o_o O_O

Last edited:
hands down it'll always be mew.

and the other, stupid, fucking, annoying, stupid, promotional pokemon out there.

DO I HAVE TO GET MY ASS ON THE UK OR AMERICA TO GET A VIRTUAL MONSTER?!

Why won't they think of the childrens...on other countries....? *sobs*

hands down it'll always be mew.

and the other, stupid, fucking, annoying, stupid, promotional pokemon out there.

DO I HAVE TO GET MY ASS ON THE UK OR AMERICA TO GET A VIRTUAL MONSTER?!

Why won't they think of the childrens...on other countries....? *sobs*

Hate to break to you but the UK doesn't really get events. We've maybe had what? Two? Three?

Japan has had more events than the UK so I wouldn't go around complaining about the UK. To be honest, they're not even worth the fuss. Most of them are banned from competitive play anyway.

Regice and Registeel.

I seriously had no problem with Rocky. Got him first ball I threw at him, but obviously thats just me personally.

I had a hell of a time catching Moltres the other day. Had it paralyzed and down to what had to be less than 5 HP and the ball wouldn't shake once half the time. I did catch him eventually - in a Great Ball, because they were all I had left. :|

Back
Top Bottom