• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Violin vs Viola?

Violin vs Viola?

• Violin

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • Viola

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters

Kabigon

Yes We Can!! Obama Wins!
So, me and my sister were talking to each other and she said that Violins suck (I play it) and she said Violas rule (she plays it). We started debating which ones are better and we went as far as creating a list.

Violin
Smaller
Higher pitched sound.

Viola
Larger
Depper sound

Anyways I can't find the whole list but which do you think is better?
I say Violins.

Violins are squeaky >:| violas sound pretty
but what about cellos and basses >:|

I play a viola, but I'd have to say that I'd rather play a violin. :)
So, yeah. My opinion is Violin.

Violin, easily.

And I'm not just saying that because my idol is a classically-trained violinist.

Or maybe I am. :D

Violins are cool and if I could be bothered I'd like to learn how top lay them. Unfortunately I lack the motivation completely.

Fun fact: 'Viola' is one of the tenses of the verb 'to rape' in Portuguese.

I like both... They have different purposes! <o< It's like comparing Tetris to... Hatris *shot*

So, I can't decide *votes viola because I'm in that mood*.

I play the Violin, so I suppose I'll have to vote for it. And if played well, Violins are not squeaky, thankyou very much surskitty (though I have yet to manage this non-squeakyness). I do have to agree with surskitty on one thing here, why not include the whole of the Violin-family?

But they don't squeak! They're just high pitched. Plus, I was under the belief that instruments should be capitalised as it is the name of the instrument.

I prefer the viola, though I like the sound of the cello most. The E string of the violin is just hard to bear sometimes.

Violin, hands down. Although cellos are better than both (let's not even talk about the double bass).

Of the two, I like the violin.
Of the family, I love the double bass
But I love hearing things played just on strings. They're just so pretty~

Violins are cool and if I could be bothered I'd like to learn how top lay them. Unfortunately I lack the motivation completely.

Fun fact: 'Viola' is one of the tenses of the verb 'to rape' in Portuguese.

comes from latin violare which means to violate (rape is a form of violation)

but I prefer cellos

Back
Top Bottom