• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Best Pokemon Game Ever

What is the Best Pokemon Game Ever?

• Total voters

Erindor the Espeon

How do you do? Pleased to meet you. I'm Erindor.
A revival of my old thread, what is the best pokemon game ever?

If your game isn't in the Poll, please post what it is.

Emerald FTW, though I haven't played Diamond/Pearl

Crystal! With PMD:Time/Darkness in 2nd. It is the only Pokemon game that has a decent story, and that's most of what scored it 2nd place.

Crystal is just awesome. You travel around good ol' Kanto and Johto, trying to catch 251 Pokemon, and Celebi's the only one that's near impossible thanks to the Mew trick. The only Pokemon game so far where the first Gym Leader is a BIRD trainer, not a ROCK trainer. Plus it has awesome Kanto remixes and is the first one to have a female trainer playable. It just rocks.

Oh, FR/LG in third. It's the first Pokemon game I got and Kanto is awesome. So there.

I would say Crystal! It was the first game I got, but I love the day/night feature and the sprites and just the whole storyline in general. =D

Crystal forever. It's just so awesome! Point out one thing to me that isn't awesome.

I think my favourite game would be Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue. It's my favourite because I remember the Christmas Day when I had it. I could not stop playing it. I also tried so hard to get a Kecleon and eventually I did. It just brings me good memories from when I was doing all the story. I can't wait till the next Mystery Dungeon comes out in the UK!

Crystal.

Although I've been stuck the longest in that game, I loved it. Gotta get that damn internal battery replaced...

G/S. Yes, I didn't say Crystal, and the reason for that is that Gold was the first game I've beaten, AND I beat the first half (Getting me cynaquil to beating the Pokemon League) in one day. :D
I'll never forget that...If it wasn't for that, it would be Crystal.

Japanese Red and Green for starting it all, having hilarious primitive Pokémon sprites and massive mounds of glitches.

Silver beats everything hands down. It has a storyline that can be played over and over again and you never tire of it, amazing new Pokémon, and brilliant other stuff.

Huh! I picked Crystal thinking that I was weird and nobody else would've but hey!

I had the most fun with Crystal.
It was a huge chunk of the awesomeness of my childhood.

I remember staying nights over at my friend's house and doing nothing but trading pokemon on GSC with our little aftermarket GBA lights.

Wow, so many votes for crystal already.

Crystal completely, it's in Johto so that's amazing, it has some of the new features (battle tower etc.) but isn't new enough to have the whole 'omg evil team is doing something that could destray the earth/universe!' thing.

You don't have Pokémon Puzzle League on that list. How could you not have Pokémon Puzzle League on that list!? Pokémon Puzzle League was fun. I'm still not completely bored with it. It's definitely my favorite spin-off.

As for the main games, my favorite would have to be Emerald because of the Battle Frontier. I'd say Pearl if it had a similiar place, but it doesn't... So Emerald it is.

I can't say which I prefer of Pokémon Puzzle League and Emerald, though.

... am i the only one who enjoyed g/s more than crystal? P:
i dunno why i enjoyed it more, prolly because i got gold before crystal

This is hard to choose....

Emerald was fun because of the Battle Frontier. I spend forever at the Battle Factory now, since I don't have to build a team for it. Crystal is cool, too, because the Gym leaders are awesome, and you can go to both Johto and Kanto. Diamond was fun; the underground amused me for hours. Also, it had the first FEMALE champion! Pokemon Ranger is fun, too, because of all the touch-screen stuff, and the graphics are pretty.

I'm just not gonna vote...

Gold~

I mean seriously the second generation games were amazing, (what other game let you travel between two generations?) I loved the storyline, the sprites were pretty good, the new Pokémon were awesome, and god, I must've replayed it at least three times. Seriously, the best part about that game was that you played through Johto and Kanto. And the Kanto version was different from Red/Blue, so~ I haven't played Crystal, unfortunately.

I voted for Crystal, but you could've just as easily convinced me to vote for Emerald or Gold/Silver. Johto and all of it's Pokemon are simply amazing. And Hoenn comes in a close second.

Back
Top Bottom