• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Obsessive Scribblers~

Status
Not open for further replies.
*is happy about picture being called 'cute' by Dannichu, lord of cuteness*

By the way Danni, have you forgotten your art thread? It's a place for me to go if I'm sad~

I drew some little Pokemon but can't get to a printer until Friday night(3 days)

Last edited:
Hey Danni, I love the Raikou. It's so cute x3
The bridge is very well drawn too =)

I has Comics to dump. Huzzah! More several month old comics for you to enjoy =3
Along with the original DA descriptions.
Ice_and_GF0__Ears_by_Ice_the_frosty_cat.png

Artist's Comments
Believe it or not, this is based off a real conversation. A friend in real life saw my drawing of a xeagle and believed that the wings were rabbit ears. I can see where he made the mistake, but he insisted that he was right, even after I told him that he was wrong, which is a bit stupid considering I created the xeagles o.O
Ice_and_GF0__Osu_by_Ice_the_frosty_cat.png

Artist's Comments
Huzzah. An obscure comic from several months ago.
I don't believe I mentioned that I drew these back in October/November, so they aren't really a testament to my current drawing skill. I just thought I might as well upload them o.O

Anyway, Osu is a rhythm action game. Based off of Elite Beat Agents, you must hit the circles as the ring touches them.

Osu fans should easily spot the mistakes I made with this comic.
1. The difficulty should say "Insane" and not "Intense"
2. The difficulty shouldn't even be displayed.
3. GF0's combo is surprisingly low for his score, yet he's nearly at the top of the leaderboard.
4. You would lose a lot more HP than that for missing two beats on Insane.
5. For insane, there's certainally very few Beats on the screen.

Meh
Ice_and_GF0__No_idea__by_Ice_the_frosty_cat.png

Artist's Comments
Mostly due to the fact that I ran out of ideas within five comics hurhurhur I'm so imaginative.

Also the first comic where I started drawing Anime eyes properly.
Ice_and_GF0__Bombs_revisited_by_Ice_the_frosty_cat.png

Artist's Comments
And so begins an arc.

Actually, I hate this comic because I screwed GF0 up when inking it, but the next few comics won't make sense unless you see this one too.

Ice_and_GF0__And_Again_by_Ice_the_frosty_cat.png

Artist's Comments
Look! More bombs! I'm so witty!

Ice_and_GF0__No_More_Bombs_by_Ice_the_frosty_cat.png

Artist's Comments
This comic was a pain to draw. Especially the arms >.<
Inking Ice in the last panel also killed my Fine-Liner. Lucky I had two of them.

Ice_and_GF0__Airman_by_Ice_the_frosty_cat.png

Artist's Comments
Foolish DeviantART. I needed more characters in the title D<
The correct title of this comic is "You Can't Defeat Airman". Which is a bit uncreative anyway. Bleh.

Anyway, this comic was the spawn of one time that GF0 was shooting the Airman meme at me, and I decided to go and defeat Airman. I even took a video of the event (it was in Hard mode as well), but even so, he just spouted the dialogue written here.

Aaaah, I feel terrible for never posting here when I'm still being included in group pictures like Danni's (so much love for that one) and Kai's (both really cute); I'm lazy and I suck. On the plus side, though, I did finish the Art-A-Thon. It was a close call, but I did it. Although my resolution to comment more at other art threads during December sort of... failed. A lot. ;>>

RainbowRayquaza: I think that the fur-like shading on your dog came out pretty well, it gives it a more realistic look but it's simple enough to match the lineart - the whole thing's adorable, though. The only thing I'd mention is that the lighting on it's neck is maybe a little high...? I'm assuming that the light source is from above, so I think that the light would fall lower down the side of it's head before going into shadow when the neck curves in. Could just be me, though. :P

ES: Aw, it's sweet. I think the tail's a little low-placed but the colouring's well done here.

Salamander: Um, I don't know any of those characters whatsoever, buuut you've obviously put a lot of effort and attention to detail into them, which is always good; your proportions also seem to have improved a lot. There're a few anatomical oddities - knees bending slightly the wrong way, some torsos being a little long, but on the whole it's a big improvement. I particularly like the metallic sheen you've done on the, um, Spybot.

But not Kinova so much because her boobs will stab me o.o

I choked on my Malteser, are you happy? XD

Ahh, I like the Tower Bridge one - did you use a reference, or do it from memory? The shading came out well on it either way, and I like the two little people on the top. The dinosaur one made me giggle (got to love that Apatosaurus) and the Raikou is sweet.

I'd be in on the group meme thing, if anyone's still up for it - I'm out of ideas again. DX Also, welcome to Mhaladie~

Aaaah, I feel terrible for never posting here when I'm still being included in group pictures like Danni's (so much love for that one) and Kai's (both really cute); I'm lazy and I suck.

That.

I swear you guys I swear I try I just have no attention span when it comes to keeping up with OS and rrrrrrrrr

One of these days I seriously really swear to god and don't let me go back on this I will comment on the pictures people post here, really.

Actually the only reason I am posting now (god I am a heel) is to make a quick response to Salamander's next project or whatever she was talking about:

You mean like these? dunno if you saw them already but yes?

(don't crit them, please, because a. I don't deserve it after never commenting on anyone else and b. they're not serious anyway, it's just concept crap)

And Kai, if the meme to which you are referring is the one Vlad did with all her OCs and the creepy pedo marriage stuff then just a reminder, you do not ever ever ever ship the Kratos with anyone ever or else. Ever.

Aw, damn...
I've now realised that I've either drawn the OSers too small, or too close together. I'll gladly draw a panel instead If anyone wants to instead draw us in at the top.

Meh, may as well show you the pic for all it's worth.
CIMG2989.jpg
=D

I love it! Ahaha, I really like my shirt. It's awesome! Everyone looks so adorable, whee~ And Kinovacakes is just b'awwww. And I love Dannichu's :3 face.

I want to hug Arylett and CrazyLinoone in Kai's pic so badly X3
But not Kinova so much because her boobs will stab me o.o
;;Gigglefits;; XD Stabby boots... stabby boobs? Kinova will know what I'm talking about, injoke~

And okay! ;;Hugs Danni;; Yaay~ I'd comment on some of your drawings but I'm a bit pressed for time, supposed to be studying for exams and also Lazylett gaaah I haven't been here in ages.

I'll comment later maybe. I haven't gotten much drawing done because these exams, but hopefully I'll have my Draw-A-Thon pictures scanned sometime.

Actually the only reason I am posting now (god I am a heel) is to make a quick response to Salamander's next project or whatever she was talking about:

You mean like these? dunno if you saw them already but yes?

(don't crit them, please, because a. I don't deserve it after never commenting on anyone else and b. they're not serious anyway, it's just concept crap)
OH MY GOD LOVE <333

How am I ever going to live up to that. Dx Oh well, Presea Misham is still cute~

Haha, except, I thought up a whole plot for Lloyd Irving: Ace Attorney, so... :D

So did I. ;) But I'd like to see what yours is, mine is retarded and not really meant for anyone's mind but mine.

Gahhhhh inactive Linoone is inactive. Mainly because she's been too lazy too occupied by playing Disgaea and watching Soul Eater school to scan anything, and her printer/scanner's being funny, but, uh, comic thing! Yeah.

And Kai, love your picture. I kinda look like Mario in that picture... If you squint... and stand about 100 feet away from the computer screen...

:3

Wo wo wo! I've been idle here! Lurking kind of, but not much art's been happening in my life lately. :( I have an awesome idea for art class and it's turning out great so far, though, so I'm happy about that. In the meantime, have this picture done mainly for the sake of practicing cel-shading; the sketch I colored was fairly old, if that explains some of the suckage. I personally find his blobby hand quite amusing. I have some more doodle-type things, I guess, but I'm too lazy to scan them right now. I've kind of been into designing crazy buildings (mostly laboratories) lately. I'm in like the biggest MAD SCIENTISTS ARE AWESOME phase ever right now. It's pretty cool, I guess. I'll have mastered drawing scalpels before long.

Kai's little OS doodles are cute; I really like Crazy Linoone's face for some reason.

That is one pimpin' triceratops Danni drew there. :P Also a very awesome bridge. I like the shading on it; it gives the picture this nice feel that I can't quite put my finger on. I'd be a lot more confident in my architecture-drawing ability if I could draw straight lines worth a damn, but I'm trying to get in some practice.

And I know there's like tons more stuff I didn't comment on, but I'm lazy right now. :[

On the whole DRAW A COMIC thing: I was sort of working on one today, but the plot is stupid and kind of non-existent and I was just making it up as I went. In any case, it's not done, but I'll consider posting it when it is. :p

So did I. ;) But I'd like to see what yours is, mine is retarded and not really meant for anyone's mind but mine.
Um okay so. It's very rough and is ridiculously cracky and I threw in minor characters in insanely silly ways and what I did with Kristoph and Phoenix just generally makes no sense, but, uh...

Once upon a time, in the land of Aselia, there was this orphaned kid named Lloyd Justice. He was adopted by Dirk, a dwarven judge, and as he grew up, he learned some things about lawyers from his father, and decided he wanted to be one. When he was seventeen, he met Kratos Gavin, a skilled defense attorney, who took him on as his pupil, even assisting him with his Chords of Steel, however disgusted the older man may have been by his student's decision to point both fingers when he objected. He studied under him for three years before taking on his first case, defending Regal Wright, a former defense attorney and current poker player/pianist, who had seven years ago, after losing a case, made a sudden decision never to enter a courtroom again. He was accused of murdering a traveler known only by his last name, Kafei, and cross-examined a very strange waitress-gambler named Seles Orly; startlingly, when the truth came to light, the true murderer was found to be Kratos (whose last words before he left the room were the cryptic "Don't die, Lloyd.") And so Lloyd found himself out of a job.

At last, he gave in and went to Regal, the former attorney, for help. He met the man's adopted son, Genis Wright, an aspiring magician, and found a case defending Sheena Kitaki, a local ninja accused of killing two doctors who had a son named Kuchinawa, and searching for the Wonder Chef's lost noodle stand. Along the way, Lloyd met Igaguri (Sheena's adoptive grandfather), as well as science-and-magic-obsessed Detective Raine Skye, who also happened to be Genis's older sister. The next day in court, he went up against Kratos's celebrity brother Zelos in court, ignoring what seemed suspiciously like attempts to flirt with him, and cross-examined a rather ruin-obsessed and rambling witness named Linar Stickler, and discovered that his Exsphere, which he had had since birth, gave him the power to sense a witness's nervous habits. The killer turned out to be Pronyma Tiala, a freaky lady who had plotted with Kuchinawa to frame Sheena. Zelos, bizarrely, was rather helpful with the trial, aside from his constant flirtations toward the defendant and the one whom he called 'Lady Pronyma' for some reason. After the trial, Kuchinawa vowed to never set eyes on Sheena again until he had the ability to defeat her in combat.

A while later, Zelos invited his 'Bud' Lloyd to one of his concerts; Genis, who had taken an immediate dislike to the man, was not please, but Lloyd decided to take the prosecutor up on his offer anyway, and Genis ended up adoring the music, while Lloyd was less than pleased with the sound level. Raine had also been dragged along by Zelos to be security for the concert; and indeed, it turned out to be necessary when the guest singer Tabatha (who was admired by fans for her almost robotic voice)'s manager, Altessa LeTouse, was shot. Tabatha's pianist, Mithos Tobaye, was accused of his murder, and Lloyd was more or less forced into defending him. Despite the latter's lack of knowledge of Aselia's language, Genis and Mithos managed to become close friends. Lloyd was also introduced to magician Yggdrasill Gramarye ((NOTE: ugggh what to do for his name Dx)), Genis's 'uncle' and close friend of his father Yuan Gramarye. Eventually, Lloyd's suspicions had settled on Forcystus Crescend, a detective and friend/band member of Zelos's, who was eventually convicted despite his insistence that he had not done it. Zelos watched his friend leave the courtroom in handcuffs with a carefully neutral look on his face, being especially careful not to make eye contact with the young defendant...

Lloyd's next case was a test of a new legal system. He was assigned to defend Presea Misham, a silent girl who looked younger than her 19 years, accused of killing her father by Aionis poisoning. Her father, it was revealed with Raine's help and that of a reporter named Botta Brushel, had been a forger of paintings; however, during the trial the truth came to light that Presea had been the true forger. Zelos eventually asked about a piece of evidence that Presea claimed to have forged, sounding suddenly desperate; however, before she could state the name of her client (only having said that she thought he might be an angel), Vera passed out; from Aionis poisoning, it was later learned.

To understand these events, the story now goes back seven years to Regal's last trial. His client: Yuan Gramarye, the famous magician. The magician had been accused of the murder of his wife, Martel Gramarye; mysteriously, Yuan's son Genis delivered a crucial piece of evidence to Regal before the trial, saying that he had been told to give it to the 'old boy with blue hair'. Regal began the trial with little information about the circumstances save a photograph and a letter, and met newbie prosecutor and rock star Zelos Gavin for the first time. As the trial went on, it came to light that the murder was equally likely to have been committed by Yggdrasill Gramarye, the victim's partner. Eventually, to prove his client's innocence, Regal was forced to present the evidence Genis had given him; immediately, Zelos called a young painter and forger, Alicia Misham, a long-time friend and love of Regal's to the stand. She admitted under pressure that the evidence was her own forgery. Regal was not disbarred due to Kratos Gavin's intervention, but the case was lost; however, before the verdict was announced, Yuan Gramarye disappeared from the courtroom, never to be seen again (leaving Yggdrasill to take the blame), and Alicia Misham was soon killed mysteriously. Out of guilt that he had caused his lover's death, Regal vowed never to wear his badge again.

After sorting out the business of Yuan's left-behind son Genis by adopting him, Regal went to investigate the studio of Drew Misham, Alicia's father, meeting his remaining daughter, Presea. Though Presea at first would not talk about anything, Regal soon found her weakness: magic. By starting with a conversation about the Gramaryes, Regal managed to get Presea to talk about the forgery; he soon learned that it was her rather than her elder sister who had forged the evidence, and deduced that her client had been Kratos Gavin, whom she described as being 'like an angel', and had given her a bottle of nail polish that was a good luck charm to deal with her fear of people due to a kidnapping attempt when she was young.

Seven years passed, and Regal met a traveler at work who revealed himself as Yuan Kafei, a.k.a. the famous and missing Yuan Gramarye. After being introduced to Yuan's friend Botta, a reporter, Regal talked with the ex-magician discovered that Lloyd Justice, the young man he had seen at his friend Kratos's office, was in fact Genis and Raine's half-brother, the son of Martel and her first husband, presumed dead in an accident. After they had finished their discussion, the two sat down to a game of poker, which Yuan cheated at... and lost. Growing angry at his accomplice, Seles, he became violent, and Regal left the room to phone for help. Kratos, meanwhile, came in through a secret passage and killed Yuan; he was caught the next day by Lloyd Justice.

After the death of Drew Misham, Regal spoke with Botta. He learned more about the magicians Gramarye, including one key fact: Martel's body had never been discovered... Finally, he spoke with Kratos, who, after staying silent for some time and offering only the cryptic line "You cannot oppose fate" told him this story:

He had been married to Martel Gramarye before she was married to Yuan, and had had a son, Lloyd. However, he had been in an accident and been placed in the hospital for months, thought to be on the verge of death, unable to leave his bed or have any contact with the outside world. By a miracle, he recovered, and left quietly the next day, when he learned that his beloved had died and his son had gone missing. Soon, he was approached by his old, trusted friend Mithos Yggdrasill, now the magician Yggdrasill Gramarye, who explained to him what had happened: although the death was thought to be an accident, Martel had really been murdered by her new husband Yuan. Kratos trusted Mithos and helped him prepare a case against Yuan, even becoming the magician's defense in order to throw the case away. However, Yuan suspected him and switched attorneys at the last minute, choosing Regal Wright instead. Angry, Yggdrasill sent Kratos to forging prodigy Presea Misham to create evidence that would be used to destroy Regal, and Kratos passed it off to the attorney, giving a tip-off to his younger brother Zelos about the evidence. Regal presented it and was caught; however, at this point Kratos was no longer sure he believed his friend's story and helped prevent the attorney from being disbarred. Yggdrasill, however, held the fact that he had commissioned forged evidence to destroy an innocent man over his head, and Kratos stayed silent and did what the magician asked of him for the next seven years... even when he ended up taking the blame for a murder committed by his former friend.

Finally having the information he needed, Regal went back and talked to Lloyd, telling him everything except the truth about his family. Lloyd entered the courtroom the next day, feeling fully prepared to find the true killer...

What he did not expect was what happened when he finally wore down Yggdrasill Gramarye. The man stared furiously, desperately at him and Genis; then, with a flurry of feathers, he became a young, blond boy: Mithos Tobaye. The young lawyer and his assistant realized with a start that Genis's friend had been his 'uncle' and the murderer of Alicia and Drew Misham and Yuan Kafei all along. Angrily, the young boy ranted about his stuck-up jerk of a partner and how he had never deserved his sister, and his old friend and mentor who had betrayed him; and finally, about the mysterious singer Tabatha who didn't even remember him, her own brother!

In the jury room, said singer gave a start, suddenly remembering her past; and as she did, her voice changed mid-sentence from the almost robotic speech to a smooth, sweet tone.

Lloyd was quick to pin the murders of Alicia Misham, Drew Misham, Yuan Kafei and Altessa LeTouse on Mithos, who refused to speak any more. Genis watched silently with shock in his eyes, having been presented with both the death of his father and the betrayal of his best friend.

In the jury room, the jurists rule unanimously. Presea Misham was Not Guilty.

From the audience, a detective of days gone by, Colette Gumshoe threw confetti down, smiling with relief at her police dog Noishe.

EPILOGUE: Uh. Martel remembered who she was, Kratos was reunited with her, Genis and Raine mourned their biological father's death, and they and Lloyd still didn't know the full truth about their family. Yet. And Zelos was not all that thrilled to see his brother wasn't locked away for good, because quite frankly, they despised each other.

Then Salamander went to sleep because it was 11:30 and her brain was not working and did you know that Zelos and Kratos were the names of minor Greek gods who were brothers and OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE THIS ALL MAKES NO SENSE ASFDKLJFDSAFJKLAS

Hope that provided some entertainment. xD; So, more or less retarded than yours?

Last edited:
Yay Spaekle! Inactive buddies! And, uh, I thought Evan has brown hair? He did in one of the pictures way back in the front pages of this club... Or is it just my memory failing on me? The cell-shading is done rather well, actually. The folds in the jacket are nice, especially the right (the one on our left) sleeve.

And mad scientists are awesome. I'm currently is in this Stein obsession (yay Soul Eaters), and is attempting to doodle him all over the place. The only problem is that he doesn't look right when I draw him so noooooo....

wall of text

XD Please excuse me while I die laughing.

Yay Spaekle! Inactive buddies! And, uh, I thought Evan has brown hair? He did in one of the pictures way back in the front pages of this club... Or is it just my memory failing on me? The cell-shading is done rather well, actually. The folds in the jacket are nice, especially the right (the one on our left) sleeve.

And mad scientists are awesome. I'm currently is in this Stein obsession (yay Soul Eaters), and is attempting to doodle him all over the place. The only problem is that he doesn't look right when I draw him so noooooo....

SOUL EATER AASDSASFSDJDSHUACSH&DW :D! Yes, Stein's awesome.

No, that was somebody else, I think xD. Might have been the robe guy. I've posted Evan here before; he was the guy on the couch and in some other crappy picture. I don't think I've ever colored him though. Thanks :p

That cel-shading on Evan is quite nice, Spaekle. I like it. :3

And er, this isn't really a comic, just a stupid picture inspired by a conversation I had with my friend Andrew about super integers. I know nothing about programming, so stupidity and silly pictures ensued. For some reason I think inanimate objects/numbers wearing clothes and doing things is hilarious, but, uh... maybe that's just me.

I've been extremely inactive more than almost of all of you D: Eh, I've been extremely busy with homework, school, and just other things that distract me from the internet.

If anyone has any interest in what I'm attempting to draw, that'd be a human. Uh, and a pika, wolves, and Amaterasu from Okami. I can't seem to get the character I'm drawing to look like himself, though I think I'm getting close. As for the pika, I'm using a refence from National Geographic, and have just began on it's fur. Ammy is turning out pretty well, though drawing Issun is more of a problem than I though he would be. The wolf is wondrous so far, though its scribbliness, and the idea of shading it's fur is making me procrasinate on it D:

I give a hi-five to those who finished the December Art-a-thon. I might draw a comic, though it will not be amusing in the slightest. Uh, maybe we could have a monthly event, like how we had the Art-a-thon, except it wouldn't be drawing a picture a day. Uh, though any ideas are non-existent.

Uh, a suggestion I have is to make a ref of a your persona, fursona, utensilsona, or whatever you use to represent yourself, so it'd be easier for including everyone in group pictures.

I've got something to post, but it's on my Pen Drive and I can't be bothered getting it :D
So I'll post it later.

Anyway, I wanted to ask you guys draw? Freehand or Skeleton? I mainly draw Freehand, because I'm quite bad at skeletons D:

And Spoon, if you need one, there's a reference picture on my DeviantArt :D

utensilsona

XDDDD

Uuh, I don't really mind how people draw me; this is how I normally draw myself, but a Pikachu with a scarf is fine; it's how I always used to draw myself before I sorta-mastered drawing people.

I draw freehand most of the time; always for animals and most of the time for people, though I've been using skeletons for hands more and more. My anatomy could use some (a lot) of improvement, but I never really got the hang of using skeleton outlines.

SOUL EATER AASDSASFSDJDSHUACSH&DW :D! Yes, Stein's awesome.

No, that was somebody else, I think xD. Might have been the robe guy. I've posted Evan here before; he was the guy on the couch and in some other crappy picture. I don't think I've ever colored him though. Thanks :p

Oh yeah, it was the Spaeklerobe guy... That explained a lot. I remember Evan on a couch, but he was uncolored, so that doesn't count. I do remember that he, supposively, eats everything.

:3 I actually started watching Soul Eater because of your old avatar. WHY CAN'T I GET STEIN'S HAIR RIGHT DARN IT But Soul!Scythe is fun to draw. And Maka has awesome poses.

And Mhaladie, welcome! The comic-thing is pretty funny... Especially with the beams shooting out of the number's, uh, eyes-things-whatever-it-is. I like the whole concept of SUPER INTEGERS, too.

Uh, will post pictures if scanner starts working properly/I dig up a camera.

Waa waa waaaaaa...

I left my picture of four quickly drawn random colourless Pokemon at some after school who took it away from me. Hopefully I get it back now that my mum is hopefully asking for it back...

Unlike anything I usually draw I actually kinda liked a Vulpix is drew :(

Ok enough stalking for me, hello obsessive scribblers! :D My drawings may suck compared to some of yours, but I AM an obsessive scribbler *Scribbles crappy drawing*

And don't be sad Eeveeskitty! Cheer up! *Draws cute picture with Vulpix*
scan0006.jpg

*Dies from cute overload*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom