• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Weirdest evolution

ZimD

Ben Wade's Assistant Coach
Pronoun
he
Bringing back this topic.

What evolutions do you think are the weirdest? I've always thought Carvahna to Sharpedo, Dragonite to Dragonair, and Charmeleon to Charizard were pretty weird, along with others I just can't think of right now.

Remoraid to Octillery. A blue fish to a giant red octopus. Who would have thought it? I was very sure they were two different species until I looked it up online. >.>

Trapinch to Vibrave :3 I would never have known.

And Vibrava to Flygon, to be honest. That whole evolution line garnered a "WTF?" reaction from me. >>

Snorunt to Glalie is another odd one (though Froslass at least looked slightly logical), and the Bagon line is rather odd, too.

Hoenn brought us some freaky evolutions. X3

Remoraid to Octillery. A blue fish to a giant red octopus. Who would have thought it? I was very sure they were two different species until I looked it up online. >.>

Same here. I didn't know they were in the same evolution line until I looked it up on pokemon.com.

Magikarp to Gyarados. A puny fidh to a powerful dragon.

Actually, Magikarp's evolution into Gyarados may be weird, but it is based on a Chinese myth where fish swim upstream to become dragons, or so I saw at the old forums.

As for my own opinion, it would be Nidorina into Nidoqueen, and the same with the male versions. They grow really big and stand on two legs all of a sudden. And who makes them queen (or king) anyway?

Golbat to Crobat. A blue bat with a huge mouth and feet turns into a purple bat with a small mouth and another set of wings.

Ah, yes. Remoraid to Octillery is rather weird, now that I think about it. But I'm not really finding anything else all that strange.... Most of the other evolutions seem to make sense, in their own little way. Maybe I find Gloom to Bellossom a bit odd too, but just not very much....

Keta said:
Same here. I didn't know they were in the same evolution line until I looked it up on pokemon.com.

I agree. I still can't figure out how that evolution works...

Hmm, I have to say that Trapinch - Vibrava really shocked me the first time I had a Trapinch. It evolved and I said to myself, "What on earth possesed the game makers to make two completely different Pokemon into a chain of evolutions?"

Gloom to Bellossom is really weird too. Same with Tangela to Tangrowth. Suddenly it has long massive hands.

Did I mention Magmar to Magmortar? It suddenly loses it's beak and tail, and becomes incredibly fat.

Remoraid to Octillery. Although in a way it does make sense since Remoraid is the shape of a pistol and Octillery is well based on artillery(at least it's name). So both are weaponry aquatic beings.

I agree with Trapich - Vibrava but also Shelgon - Salamence. Oh looks it's a cute little ball with eyes :3 OH WHOA IT HAS WINGS AND IS GIGANTIC NOW. The dragons like the pop out of nowhere, even Dragonair - Dragonite I thought was weird at first.

Also Surskit - Masquerain. Because what.

Back
Top Bottom