• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[OOC/Signups] Plain Sight

Flareth

The fastest girl in town
Human beings of purest heart
The land is ravaged, fires start
A curse flying on devil wings
The other universe is ready to sing
Some will leave their world behind
And now we can finally rest our mind

An old legend, some call it a fairy tale, tells of an odd creature, different from most of her kind. A devil in plain sight, if you will. The entirety of her race shunned her for her obviously evil appearance. And many others too. They believed her there to destroy their home, kill all their firstborns or some other horrible thing. But despite that, she still searched, eventually finding an old cottage with an old wizard and his wife inside.

The old couple agreed to care for her, on the condition that she could never be seen by anyone else who would stop by the couple’s home. Though it hurt to hear that, the girl agreed to it. And it worked for a while. She would hide when they got a visitor, and come out when whoever it was left.

But it came to pass that there would be a day where she would not notice that a visitor had come, and he noticed her. In purest fear, he attacked her. And she ran, ran far away as the people of the nearby village, and soon from lands further than that rallied to “kill the devil”. She had stolen a spell book to defend herself should they have found her, and she hid in the mountains, away from everything.

Of course, there had to be a time when they would find her. Many creatures had come to hunt her down, including some village leaders, some proud warriors, even members of her old family. She was so scared, so… angry, she cracked open the old spell book and before her mind could process it, she was yelling out an incantation. A curse, yelled so loud, cast so angrily that it spread over all the land. Damning them for eternity and slaying those who had come to kill her. Plague spread in certain places, extreme, deadly weather in others. The world became a living Hell.

Still horribly angry, the girl announced to the world: “You all will pay for turning me away. You will bow to me, or you will die.”

They say that she still rules that land to this day, all because they turned her away.

--

The moral of the story is the ever-so-cliché’d “Don’t judge a book by its cover”. Past a certain age, like all tales, people begin to pass this off as just another fairy tale, not suspecting for a minute that it could be all too real in another world. That the very land screams for mercy and a very many people beg for mercy. No, the humans of our world continue about their merry business, oblivious.

After hearing a prophecy, the wise old elders decided that they would hunt down these humans themselves, and sent one of their own; the very wizard that took that girl in, to this world to find them.

That’s where our story begins. You run across a store that was not there the last time you were in this area. The inside looks like a regular old sundry shop; you know, chocolate statues of Richard Nixon, old jars of almonds, an old man with a crystal ball at the counter… ok, so maybe not your regular shop, but you go in anyway just because everything inside is so strange.

And you see an old man, who says “Have I got a deal for you…”

-----

Rules and Info:

-This RP is joint project between me and Zora. Thank her for the story in the beginning (I wrote the prophecy/poem thing in the beginning), while I was the one who shaped the plot, with help from Zora at various times.
-No Oneliners *gasp*
- No godmodding etc...
-Bold your profile headings and space out your profile.
-You have to be a human, but when you get into the fantasy world, you can play creatures of different races.
-I trust you to read these rules, so no secret word or anything

Name:

Appearance (can be either explained, drawn, or made using tektek.org's avatar maker):

Personality (Not played out, but can be a little short. You shouldn't have everything figured out about your character if it is a new one):

Other (Anything else?):

---

My character:

Name: Charlene "Chip" Lewis

Appearance:

Personality: She's very tomboyish. She found her given name, Charlene, to be too girly for her, so she decided to go by the nickname of Chip. She plays for the local high school's basketball team. She's average at it though, she isn't great but she doesn't suck. When she isn't playing basketball, she hangs out with her friends and goes to the video store that's walking distance from her house to rent movies. She likes "horror" flicks. You know the kind that failed in special effects even in the time they were made? She watches them so she can provide her own commentary.

Other (Anything else?): Nope

----

Characters:

Chip/Flareth
Edmund/FMC
Kami/Tsunami
Alice/Ketsu
Lynette/Flora and Ashes
Reina/Zora
Dorian/VP's LJ

Reserves:

Kali

Last edited:
Well why not, this looks good.

Name: Edmund Hurley

Appearance: Edmund is one of those teenaged boys who never really seem to have grown into themselves. He's thin and gangly, a bit pale, but it looks good on him. His hair is long and a golden-blond, except his bangs, which are dyed a dark black. He has a friendly, almost infectious grin, and a generally agreeable appearance despite the large numbers of piercings on his face, among them a ring through his lower lip, another through his left eyebrow, and about four or five rings and studs per ear. His eyes are a very prominent feature; a bright emerald green, they stand out of his pale face very well.

He normally dresses in torn jeans and a tee-shirt, usually red or black, and often bearing the words 'Getting There' in faded letters, usually flanked by a pair of wings. He wears white running shoes and carries a black backpack at all times. If he wears a sweater, it's usually a large red hoodie with a large cross with a snake coiled around it on the back. He's normally found with a pair of giant headphones around his neck.

Personality: Edmund is a very charming fellow. He can lie his way out of nearly anything he gets into, and he's very good at getting into things. He has a natural talent for playing tricks and fooling people, from a simple white lie to coning someone out of a few hundred bucks.

He's also the lead singer of the local band Getting There, a favourite of teenaged females. He can usually be found with a pen in hand trying to write a new song, and takes this very seriously.

Otherwise, Edmund can be a pretty good kid, and has a soft spot for people down on their luck, often giving them a few bucks to get back on their feet. He also flirts a lot, with almost everyone; he's not picky about partners.

Other: His father is a famous recording agent. <: Just in case it comes up.

This is...different from what i normally play.

Oh, I do hope I might join.

Name: Kami

Appearance:

Personality: A bookish loner, I can talk adamantly about the topics I find interesting. Rarely apart from a large book, I enjoy reading fantasy in all forms. A daydreamer, often what I think could be isn't, and when I return my attention to what I happen to be doing, I am disappointed. The kind of person that would kill for a chance to go somewhere, anywhere else, especially another dimension, I'm quite loyal to those I trust, but trust takes quite a bit to earn. While I often seem sardonic, condescending, and just plain rude, I am brutally honest, always willing to tell you what I think of something. Which is what makes me seem sardonic, condescending, and just plain rude, actually. I get frustrated by the way people ignore the simple and obvious answers, and have to squash my anger down frequently.

Other: (Is this where a short Bio would go? If so, I'll edit it in later.)

Name: Alice Silvae

Appearance:

Personality: Alice is... Odd for a fourteen-year old. She enjoys the strange and creepy, loves a good tragedy, has a terrible temper, is snarky, and generally isn't a nice person to be around. But once you chip away at that shell, you'll find a girl who just wants to do the right thing. Despite her the way she acts at first glance, she truly believes that humans are good and she doesn't like it when man does bad things. Once you gain her trust, she will always protect and trust you. Anyone who betrays this trust, however, is in a world of hurt.

Other: So, yeah. Her name (sorta) means Alice of the forest. This has nothing to do with the Vocaloid songs I've listened to today.

Last edited:
Name: Lynette Finch

Appearance:
3063523.png

Personality: Most people would take one look at Lynette and immediately think “rebel.” However, that’s not entirely true; she’s a rebel against seriousness. In short, she’s a bit eccentric and incredibly silly. She’s also very girly, despite the fact that she barely ever wears skirts.

Other: Her hair is dyed and she wears pink contacts. No wonder some people see her as a rebel.

Name: Reina Shapiro

Appearance: Short, brown hair. Not too dark or too light; a medium shade. She has soft blue eyes. Outfit consists of a button-up blouse, often times with a bright silver necklace hanging over it, khaki pants and bright blue shoes. Overall, very business-y. Said shoes happen to get made fun of a lot, but she wears those because she has nothing else to use. She wears a pair of clip-on earrings, because she’s too scared to actually get them pierced.

She’s pretty short, only standing at five feet or so. She dislikes when you bring this up to her. She’s also moderately tiny in weight, only about ninety-three pounds. She has… average looking skin for a white chick
Or:

Personality: Laid-back. Reina likes to crack jokes, and tries not to take things too seriously. This might be because her mother, who died when she was around nine years old, taught her to laugh at life, and always look on the bright side of things. Something she took to heart when she died. Her death is a…touchy subject for Reina. She would really prefer it if other people didn’t bring it up.

She isn’t easily scared off, and prefers to not go down without a fight if she can. Sometimes this can prove to be a bad thing though, and comrades will have to drag her out of a battle where she is outmatched.

Other: Nothing.

Back
Top Bottom