• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

About the Forum Crash (READ THIS)

Phoenixsong

beep beep coming through
Pronoun
she/they/any
Okay, so by now everyone knows that the forum database was wiped and everything exploded, including the Wi-Fi League stuff. That means that all of the old threads are going to have to be put back again.

Note that this does not mean we're going to have to start over completely. I'm still working on a few things, but generally you should be able to keep your gym status, badges, titles, etc. Not that many of you had that stuff, but I suppose it's good news for those of you that did. And I am NOT restarting the Crystal League tournament: the gym leaders were already decided by that point and I AM NOT going to put up with people "forgetting that they signed up" and making the thing drag on for weeks longer than it should for a THIRD TIME. D< All that remains is the final battle for the prize, which will pick up again as soon as I'm fairly sure those three members have signed up.

You will, however, have to repost your info in a new Customs and Registration thread so we still have a record of your friend codes and all that good stuff.

I have just about all of the important information saved and so it shouldn't take long for me to get everything back together again. In the meantime, I'd rather no one started any new tournaments or battles or anything, and DON'T "repost the threads for me". I will do it myself as soon as I can, which will probably be as soon as Butterfree puts my mod powers back--that should be tomorrow (later today), with any luck. The Monotype and Pool Party tournaments can continue as planned as they were already underway, but that's it.

Sorry for any inconvenience, but hey. Databases die. Stuff happens. So be patient while all the pieces are picked up, and everything will be up and running again as soon as possible. Thank you.

Oh, yeah, and ask any questions here.

I'd saved my original gym post somewhere. I just wish I'd continued to update my saved copy along with the original post. D:

Now, since we're keeping our status, when can we repost those gym threads? Naturally, I assume we have to wait until after we're re-regsitered, just curious if there's anything left after that that would hold it back. I'm sure Whivit's furious that our rematch took a week longer than expected. :P

Okay, I'll try to stop being so impatient now. >.>;;

After you've re-registered and I've put the rules back up. And I should be able to find your original thread in the cache, if you need it.

The original, I think I have. It's the fact that I changed the rules and added various other information to it since it's original creation. If you have a copy of what it looked like the day the forum died, that would be excellent, but if not, then I think I've got the original. :P

After the rules, okay. I'll wait. ^^

Really? Well, I'm certainly impressed. I've never heard of Google Cache. Sure glad you did though.

Okay, yeah, I'll get back to you once the rules and registrations are set up.

Also uh, could anyone find my gym post via Google Cache or whatever sorcery you're using to find other things? I have a copy on my computer but it's kinda old (6 months ago) and I've since made edits to the rules and funny intro bit that I can't remember. :[

EDIT: Hikari just PM'd it to me. :D

Last edited:
I already said in the News and Updates thread that I would set up a wrap-up thread with all of that information.

Back
Top Bottom