• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed X: The step into other worlds

"I don't know how it could happen unless..." Melody started, but she was interrupted by the scream.
"Please to be subject change." Aidan said quite loudly. Raiquen nodded in agreement.
------
"I am comfortable. But the rocks are starting to hurt." Rhythm said. He jumped up and sighed.
"What now?"

"Right there with you..." Darkness muttered, sparing a glance at Aidan.
"Well, we could always talk about lemons." Cyndra suggested.
"Um." Kirita began, "Lemons?"
"Yes, lemons."
With the nurse's guidance, Windfall grabbed the wheelchair they'd placed Jax in and followed her into the room. Spirit and Starlight followed quickly behind.
-----------
"Hm. Well, we gotta find something to do while we wait, don't we?" Zora asked, "This could be a while..."

"But I've never seen a lemon." Melody protested.
"No, you just forgot. You've seen one before." Aidan muttered.
"What the hell." Raiquen said, stretching in his seat.
------
"I don't know." Rhythm muttered. He stretched all of his limbs, shook himself again, then straightened up.
"Want to go for a fly?"

"You know what, Windfall left me in charge of the bag, so..." Cyndra then opened the little black purse and began to dig through it, eventually having to stick her whole arm in there before she got what she wanted: a lemon.
"Heads up." she tossed it to Melody.
"Um. Okaaaay..." Kirita muttered.
---------------
Zora lifted her head at the suggestion.
"I'd love to!" she said happily.

Melody caught the lemon with two hands. She nearly dropped it, but when she got a firm grip, she began to examine it.
"This isn't what I was expecting."
"It's a lemon. Trust me." Aidan said.
------
Rhythm became excited at the prospect of at least something to do. He extended his wings to their full potential, then looked up at Zora.
"Climb on when you're ready."

"It's a lemon. It's a citrus fruit. What were you expecting anyway?" Cyndra asked skeptically. Darkness just stared at Melody with an amused expression. She was silly.
--------
Zora carefully climbed onto his back.
"I'm ready when you are, captain."

"I was expecting some sort of high-tech pen or rapid-firing gun." Melody said. Aidan snorted.
"I can understand the pen. But a gun?"
"Yeah. Like, I dunno, the new gun from blahblah inc: Lemon."
------
"I suggest you hang on tight." Rhythm said, before crouching and letting himself fly up into the air at quite a high speed. When they were high enough, he straightened himself out and slowed down.

Cyndra almost burst out laughing. Darkness' amused stare turned into one of skepticism.
"Wooow. I never expected my boyfriend's sister to be so...interestingly bizarre. But, I digress, I'd buy a gun like that." she chuckled.
-------------
Zora gripped him like a magnet to iron as they ascended, then loosened her grip just a tiny bit as they straightened out and slowed.
"Wow, it's been so long since I've been flying with you for fun... I almost forgot how breathtaking it is, how much I enjoy it..."

"I'm not bizarre." Melody muttered.
"Are too. Explain that time when you thought a 'guide' was some sort of disease." Aidan demanded.
"...What the hell are you talking about?"
"Oh yeah, you can't remember. Right."
------
"You get used to it." Rhythm said, before pulling in his wings and diving downward.

Kirita had a few amused snickers to herself at this.
"Oh wow..."
"Heh, nice. Do tell." Darkness turned to Aidan and said.
"I'd like to hear it." both Cyndra and Hera chimed in simultaneously, before turning and staring at each other.
------------
"Maybe so, but I still love this feeling!" Zora exclaimed as they descended. Her grip had tightened as not to fall off.

"Tell us." Deax giggled.

Sephii went to a vending machine to grab a snack.

-----

Jax deep-breathed. It was coming out.

Aidan smirked. Melody groaned.
"Aidan, if you tell them, I'll send you to the E.R."
"But I thought you couldn't remember." Aidan said.
"I don't. It sounds bad enough."
"Alright, alright." Aidan turned to Darkness and mouthed "I'll tell you later."
------
Rhythm turned to a horizontal position near the ground, then rose back up and stayed at a slow pace.
"I think that's enough stunts for now."

Darkness nodded and gave him a thumbs-up. Cyndra shrugged and pulled a book out of the little bag, and began reading it. Kirita and Hera appeared busy playing some card game. Cyndra glanced at them.
"Hope that doesn't descend into another brawl..."
---------------
"Oh shit, oh shit!!" Windfall cried, "Get her onto the bed!!"
"Stop barking orders!!" Spirit snapped, pulling on a set of hospital scrubs as the other two had already done, "This is serious business."
--------------
"Sounds good to me..." Zora sighed. She wore the most blissful of smiles on her face. The view from up here was absolutely beautiful.

(*gigglesnorts*)

Aidan blinked, saying nothing. Melody and Raiquen also stayed silent, until Aidan noticed something.
"Melody, why are you chewing on your hair?" He asked. Melody looked up and the hair dropped back down.
"I am?"
------
Rhythm watched the trees go by and felt the wind whistling through his hair. He was at peace...for a moment. His entire body jolted violently, and he desperately looked around.
"I need to land. Somewhere. Now."

Kirita and Hera glanced up from their card game and stared at her. Darkness's mouth hung open. Cyndra blinked.
"Um excuse me what the fuck were you just doing?"
-------------
Windfall winced from the scream.
"Oh god this thing's coming... Somebody get her some meds!"
-------------
Zora felt him jolt and gulped. She looked around frantically. They were still near enough to the hospital that they could land and still come running were there any news, which was a very good thing.
"Yeah, I feel that..." she looked around for a good landing place and pointed at a small cliff not too far down and not too far away.
"Down there!!"

"Hm. That's weird." Melody muttered.
"You are bizarre. Admit it." Aidan said.
"No. I'm not bizarre, no matter how many times you say it."
------
Rhythm descended quite fast. At an adequate height from the hill, he let Zora down, then crashed. It didn't leave any imprint on his body nor the ground, but his body jolted again a few seconds after he had landed.
"Urrgh..."

Cyndra snorted.
"Oh, I think you are, you just refuse to admit it."
-----------
Windfall had passed out onto the floor and only just came to.
"I never want to see that again as long as I live..."
"Just sit up and see your daughter for crap's sake." Starlight muttered, pointing at the white-haired baby. Windfall did so, and the moment she did she smiled.
"Spirit. You know what to do."
"You got it." with that, the blond made her way to the waiting room.
"It's a girl, you guys. They aren't ready to see you quite yet, but God am I glad it went fast. Someone call Zora." and she walked back in with Starlight and Windfall.
----------
Zora crouched down next to Rhythm.
"Oh dear... You poor thing..." she sighed. Just then, the song she had been singing earlier rang from her pocket and she pulled out a cell phone.
"Hello? ...I see. We're a bit stranded right now, and I don't think Rhythm's in any condition to fly back, especially not with my weight... A girl? Awesome. Well, we're just gonna have to see her later. OK, bye." she flipped the phone shut and put it back in her pocket.
"It's done. They had it."

Back
Top Bottom