Blue Corner
natu
Siradhan – Natu (♂) @ Kee Berry
Health: 61%
Energy: 91%
Stat Variance: SpA++, HP--
Ability: Early Bird
Type: Psychic / Flying
Condition: Satisfied with his retribution.
Commands: Psychic @ Blaziken ~ (wait) Power Swap @ Blaziken / Skill Swap @ Charizard ~ Protect

gligarrazor-fang
Laylah – Gligar (♀) @ Razor Fang
Health: 72%
Energy: 88%
Stat Variance: Def++, SpA---
Ability: Immunity
Type: Ground / Flying
Condition: Dismissive of the two Fire-types.
Commands: Earthquake ~ Tailwind ~ Protect / Stone Edge @ Charizard

Red Corner
charizardfire-stone
Charizard (♀) @ Fire Stone
Health: 66%
Energy: 90%
Stat Variance: SpA+++, HP-, Def-
Ability: Solar Power
Type: Fire / Flying
Condition: Hurting and angered.
Commands: Work Up ~ Laser Focus @ Siradhan ~ Blast Burn @ Siradhan

blaziken
Blaziken (♂)
Health: 65%
Energy: 87%
Stat Variance: Atk++, SpA++, Def-, SpD-
Ability: Speed Boost
Type: Fire / Fighting
Condition: Might have pushed itself a little too hard.
Status: Speed +1. Severely paralyzed (2 more actions). Trapped by Sand Tomb (2 more actions).
Commands: Work Up ~ Work Up ~ Overheat @ Laylah

As Blaziken struggles to get his bearings, Charizard meets his eyes through the Sand Tomb, and gives a knowing nod to her partner. Once again, they are to act in sync, though as far as Blaziken is concerned, his partner is taking the whole act a little bit too far. But appearances must be maintained; as Charizard does some slightly-delayed warm ups, pumping herself up for the rest of the battle, Blaziken attempts to do the same. The stretches and mental exercises do help him with his paralysis, he feels, but not enough to matter. And the mental exercises quickly become something more – the rooster pokémon doesn't notice Siradhan applying psychic pressure to his mind until it's too late to shove the bird out, and so he does what he can to hunker down and weather the Psychic attack.

Laylah doesn't seem to want to give him the chance, however. The Gligar, doing a quick loopdeloop through the air, slams down on the ground and sends shockwaves in all directions. With a quick flutter, Siradhan easily evades the attack, and Charizard does much the same; but in his paralysis and suffering from his migraine, Blaziken cannot do the same. Blaziken grits his teeth as the Earthquake tears through him, knocking him flat on the ground with next to nothing he can do about it.

But he and Charizard aren't as well-known as they are for no reason. With some effort, Blaziken pushes himself to his feet, once again doing some stretches and warm-up exercises to ease away the paralysis plaguing him. Once again, he feels some relief, but once again it's hardly enough to really matter. He takes some solace in the fact that, with his efforts, he'll be able to hit his opponents harder in revenge, but in short order that too is taken from him – as he feels the boosts slip away, he opens his eyes to see the Sand Tomb dissipating, and through it, Siradhan looking at him with his usual pensive expression and glowing with a faint orange-red aura. It fades in short order, and the Natu lets out a couple of satisfied chirps.

Laylah seems similarly enthused, but she also seems satisfied with her Earthquake, content not to be any more aggressive this round. Instead, she once again takes to the air, this time calling on her powers as a Flying Type to generate a medium wind from behind her and Siradhan. The Tailwind makes itself useful almost immediately, as Laylah demonstrates her new ability to fly by doing a pretty complicated aerial maneuver.

Part of that is an effort to distract Charizard from the intense focus it's putting into studying Siradhan and his moving patterns. Unfortunately, it doesn't work – Charizard remains hyperfocused on Siradhan as it flaps its wings a couple of times, achieving liftoff, and generates as large a ball of fire as it can in its throat. With a roar, Charizard releases the fireball towards Siradhan, and thanks to its focus, the attack strikes true, exploding on impact into an enormous explosion. Embers from the attack hit the ground around the Natu and likewise explode into glorious bursts of flame, augmented even further by the strong sunlight beating down onto the battlefield. But as the fire and flame begins to dissipate, Siradhan seems almost unscathed. A shimmering spherical barrier drops away from the Natu, the green bird pokémon showing some rare emotion as he tries to recover from the effort it took to Protect himself from that attack. But in the midst of that recovery, he regains his composure, glancing at Charizard as the fire dragon returns to the ground, as if to gloat at his opponent's failure.

Laylah, keeping watch out of the corner of her eye, quietly cheers on her teammate, well aware that Blaziken is preparing a similarly strong attack. The Blaziken is struggling to hold all its energy within itself as it gathers a really ridiculous amount of heat within its body, only hampered by the paralysis interfering with its control. But Blaziken manages to retain enough composure to launch his Overheat attack successfully, a blast of superheated air that flies towards Laylah. But as usual, the Gligar is prepared, and throws up the same sort of barrier as its teammate, just in the nick of time. The effort it takes her to maintain the shield is notable, but she manages to keep it up until Blaziken runs out of steam and falls to one knee, trying to catch his breath and regain his composure in the face of his opponents performing much better than he thinks they have any right to be.

End of Round 2

Blue Corner
natu
Siradhan – Natu (♂) @ Kee Berry
Health: 61%
Energy: 69%
Stat Variance: SpA++, HP--
Ability: Early Bird
Type: Psychic / Flying
Condition: Remaining calm.
Actions: Psychic @ Blaziken ~ Power Swap @ Blaziken ~ Protect

gligarrazor-fang
Laylah – Gligar (♀) @ Razor Fang
Health: 72%
Energy: 72%
Stat Variance: Def++, SpA---
Ability: Immunity
Type: Ground / Flying
Condition: On the verge of gloating.
Actions: Earthquake ~ Tailwind ~ Protect

Red Corner
charizardfire-stone
Charizard (♀) @ Fire Stone
Health: 63%
Energy: 78%
Stat Variance: SpA+++, HP-, Def-
Ability: Solar Power
Type: Fire / Flying
Condition: Heated, but exhausted.
Status: Attack +1. Special Attack +1. Solar Power activated. Must Recharge.
Actions: Work Up ~ Focus ~ Blast Burn @ Siradhan

blaziken
Blaziken (♂)
Health: 30%(CAPPED)
Energy: 73%
Stat Variance: Atk++, SpA++, Def-, SpD-
Ability: Speed Boost
Type: Fire / Fighting
Condition: In bad shape; frustrated.
Status: Special Attack -2. Speed +2. Harshly paralyzed (2 more actions).
Actions: Work Up ~ Work Up ~ Overheat @ Laylah

Arena Notes
~The sunlight is strong.
~A Tailwind blows from the Blue Corner (2 more actions)
~A hunk of charcoal rests on the ground near the entrance to the caves.

Referee Notes
~If Blaziken's Paralysis percentages seem like they're less than they should be, it's because they scale based on the amount of movement involved in the move. Work up was half the normal percentage, Overheat was a fourth.
~Charizard does not learn Laser Focus, as far as I could see. I checked the ASBDB, Bulbapedia, Veekun, and Pokémon Showdown's pokédex, and it's not a thing. However, since this is a Quest battle and RedneckPhoenix is essentially acting as a proxy (canonically the Quest pokémon are making their own decisions), I took the commands in the spirit in which they're given; Charizard spent its action focusing, which did raise Blast Burn's critical hit ratio by one stage. Not even as effective as Focus Energy would have been, but Charizard doesn't learn that either. I made it take half as much energy as Focus Energy or Laser Focus would have taken, as well.
~That said, the crit wouldn't really have been necessary even had Siradhan protected, since even without the crit it was just one point off the damage cap.
~Power Swap doesn't have a defined energy cost in the ASBDB (it has an asterisk and no indication in the description). I went with 4% energy – one point for every boost gained, and that's a fairly normal cost for status moves anyway.
~I tacked on an extra point of energy cost for Laylah's reactive protect, since it needed to be executed more quickly.
~Charizard must recharge the first action of next round.
~Calcs were done in the correct order. The text of the reffing does not reflect this; I felt it flowed better this way.

Next Round
~Eifie and Keldeo order commands in any order
~RedneckPhoenix commands for Charizard and Blaziken

Action Log/Calcs

Speed Order: Charizard (100) > Laylah (85) > Siradhan (70) > Blaziken (30)
Action 1
~Charizard uses Work Up, for 2% energy
~Charizard's Attack and Special Attack each increase by one stage
~Charizard takes 1% damage from Solar Power
~Laylah uses Earthquake, dealing (10Base * 1.25STAB * .75Spread * 1.5Type + 1Stat) = 15% damage for 6% energy
~Siradhan uses Psychic, dealing (9Base * 1.25STAB * 1.5Type + 3Stats) = 19% damage for 5% energy
~Blaziken is paralyzed, but is able to move anyway (roll: 36\13)
~Blaziken uses Work Up, for 3% energy
~Blaziken's Attack and Special Attack each increase by one stage
~Blaziken takes 1% damage from Sand Tomb (1 more action), hitting the damage cap exactly
~Blaziken is Severely Paralyzed for 1 more action
Action 2
~Charizard focuses, for 2% energy
~Charizard takes 1% damage from Solar Power
~Laylah uses Tailwind, for 4% energy
~A Tailwind blows from the Blue Corner (4 more actions)
~Siradhan is waiting patiently.
~Blaziken is paralyzed, but is able to move anyway (roll: 50\13)
~Blaziken uses Work Up, for 3% energy
~Blaziken's Attack and Special Attack each increase by one stage
~Blaziken takes 0% damage (capped) from Sand Tomb.
~The Sand Tomb dissipates.
~Blaziken is Harshly Paralyzed for 3 more actions
~Siradhan uses Power Swap on Blaziken, for 4% energy
~Siradhan swaps its Attack and Special Attack stat boosts with Blaziken's
~Tailwind is in effect for 3 more actions.
Speed Order: Laylah (170) > Siradhan (140) > Charizard (100) > Blaziken (48)
Action 3
~Laylah is waiting patiently
~Siradhan uses Protect, for 2% base energy
~Charizard uses Blast Burn on Siradhan, which would have dealt (15Base * 1.25STAB * 1.25Sun * 1.16Boost + 3Solar Power + 3Stat + 1Item) = 34% damage, for (9Base - 1Item) = 8% energy
~Siradhan protects itself for 11% energy
~Charizard takes 1% damage from Solar Power.
~Blaziken is paralyzed, but is able to move anyway (roll: 18\5)
~Laylah reactively uses Protect, for 3% base energy
~Blaziken uses Overheat, which would have dealt (13Base * 1.25STAB * 1.25Sun + 2Stat) = 22% damage for 8% energy
~Laylah protects itself for 7% energy
~Blaziken's Special Attack harshly falls.
~Blaziken is Harshly Paralyzed for 2 more actions
~Blaziken's Speed Boost raises its Speed.
~Tailwind is in effect for 2 more actions.
Summary
~Siradhan's Health: 61Init = 61% (no change)
~Siradhan's Energy: 91Init - 5Psychic - 4Power Swap - 13Protect = 69%
~Laylah's Health: 72Init = 72% (no change)
~Laylah's Energy: 88Init - 6Earthquake - 4Tailwind - 10Protect = 72%
~Charizard's Health: 66Init - 3Solar Power = 63%
~Charizard's Energy: 90 - 2Work Up - 2Focus - 8Blast Burn = 78%
~Blaziken's Health: 65Init - 15Earthquake - 19Psychic - 3Sand Tomb = 30% (Capped)
~Blaziken's Energy: 87Init - 3Work Up - 3Work Up - 8Overheat = 73%

If I'm reffing your ASB battle, you can find my reffing scale in this document. Mostly it involves details on stat modifications and status conditions, as well as my interpretation of the damage formula, other clarifications regarding the specifics of certain attacks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokémon Showdown VGC
[02:22:35] +Superbird: ok seriously tho can I get some opinions on modern art
[02:22:42] +Superbird: its important
[02:23:18] @amr97: Modern art includes artistic works produced during the period extending roughly from the 1860s to the 1970s, and denotes the style and philosophy of the art produced during that era.
[02:23:20] @amr97: The term is usually associated with art in which the traditions of the past have been thrown aside in a spirit of experimentation.
[02:24:26] +Superbird: opinions, amr97, not definitions
[02:24:49] @amr97: oh
[02:24:52] @amr97: i don't get it
[02:24:56] @amr97: is my opinion
[02:25:04] +Superbird: oh ffs
[02:25:28] +Superbird: maybe i should give up and try a different room
[02:25:32] @amr97: probably tbh
[02:26:19] @SamVGC: i think this chatroom
[02:26:22] @SamVGC: is an art form
[02:26:26] @Dog-for-Dinner: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Opinions+on+Modern+Art
[02:26:47] +Superbird: dong-for-dinner that is not a thing to be goggled
[02:26:50] +Superbird: *dog
[02:26:51] +Superbird: *google
[02:27:02] @amr97: dong-for-dinner lmao
[02:27:07] @amr97: that had to be intentional
[02:27:18] +Superbird: 100% wasn't
[02:27:28] +Superbird: i'm so used to typing dingram's name that
[02:27:45] +Superbird: anything starting with the same first letter
[02:28:17] @Dog-for-Dinner: why is it not a thing to be googled
[02:28:23] @Dog-for-Dinner: google is the story of my high school
[02:28:33] +Superbird: you dont google opinions
[02:28:36] +Superbird: you google facts
[02:28:52] @Dog-for-Dinner: seems like a science student is trying to study humanities
[02:28:56] @Dog-for-Dinner: and is having a hard time
[02:29:00] +Superbird: ^

Last edited by Superbird; 01-09-2018 at 05:02 PM. Reason: fix Overheat, remove color