• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open The Darkest Hour (halfway through plot)

Darksong

Back in action!
So, I've heard a few requests that the Darkest Hour should be rebuilt, so that's what I'm doing. If you were here before, you can choose to sign up with the same profile or different. Also note that we are starting over, but we weren't very far into the plot anyway. If you weren't, here's the plot in the shortest but most descriptive way possible:

Darkrai wants to take over the Pokemon world by putting everyone into a nightmare. He has minions, Team Dark, to do the job of capturing the Pokemon so that Darkrai will have no trouble with his task. However, Team Light is here to stop Darkrai and his minions, and once they defeat Darkrai, the world can live in peace again. Just join this RPG to see who wins...
Form:

Name:
Species:
Biography/Personality:
Team: [Light or Dark;
Light will continue with Onko and the rest;
Dark will continue at the base they built near the Team Light base, and if you like, you can follow them on an upcoming quest.]
Other: [you may include moveset, etc.]

My form:

Name: Onko
Species: Chimchar
Appearance: Just your average Chimchar, but with a slightly smaller flame, giving her a slightly weaker Special Attack stat.
Biography/Personality: It's easy to make friends with her, due to her good sense of humor and outgoing personality. She would defend any member of her team with her life if she had to. However, Onko gets nervous in life-or-death situations.
Team: Light
Other: I'm pretty indecisive about my RPG characters' movesets, so I usually don't post them.

Last edited:
Re: The Darkest Hour- REMADE!

Oh, right. I was in this! Let's see if I remember everything about my character..!
Name: Artemis
Species: Kirlia
Appearance: Regular Kirlia, except her skirt is longer
Biography/Personality: She absolutely abhors fighting, and avoids it whenever possible. When she's forced to, Artemis is extremely strong, and protective of friends. She can be somewhat sarcastic when she's nervous or scared.
Other: nothing. The attacks are secret! =P

Rejoin =)
Name: Manmuu
Species: Mamoswine
Appearance: A normal Mamoswine.
Biography/Personality: Manmuu is a gentle giant, though his Attack and Defense stats are high. His name is the Japanese equivalent of his species'. He fiercely protects those he cares for. If someone Manmuu knows is injured, he won't hesitate to charge into battle against the attacker.
Other: Moves - Ice Fang, Mud Bomb, Earthquake, Endure. Ability - Oblivous.

I used to be Steel Fang the Mawile, but I like Mamoswine more.

Alright, let's try this again...

Name: Fyodor
Species: Houndoom
Appearance: As normal, but with longer horns that curl back farther.
Biography/Personality: He's tenacious, but not short on tactical thought, and knows when he can't win. He's protective of everyone on his side, though, and this might interfere with his normally logical thought process.
Team: Dark
Other: I make up movesets on the go, because I dislike being restricted. Ability is flash fire, though, love having that.

I can't resist joining in. :)

Name: George (What? George is an awesome name! )
Species: Riolu
Appearance: George is about four inches shorter than normal, but other than that he's normal-looking.
Biography/Personality: George is naive and laid-back, so he isn't exactly reliable. He takes battles somewhat seriously, but he'd rather be talking the ear off the nearest living being.
Team: Light (I can't imagine an evil goon Riolu)
Other: Counter, Foresight, Detect, and Drain Punch. Ability: Steadfast

First timer so here goes nothing. I assume this is open to all ?

043Oddish.png

Name: Ryoko
Species: Oddish
Appearance: For the most part a normal oddish, except his the leaves at the top of his head are slightly brown as if burned.
Biography/Personality: Ryoko is your ordinary Oddish... That is terrified and over cautious about everything. Ever since an unfortunate accident during a fireworks display that almost burned him the man (figure of speech) has been so terrified of leaving his own home that he rarely does. He spends most of his days spying on his neighbors and building security defenses that as far have never been used.

On the battlefield... well he isn't seen on the battlefield much. He usually avoids such conflicts by trapping his foes in overly complex traps or by stun sporing them and fleeing the scene.

Other: Spore based attacks primarily. Its an oddish afterall. Dislikes fire based attacks.

Let's see if I remember much about my character...

Name:Kester
Species:Zangoose
Appearance: Mostly normal, but with some subtle differences. His eyes are a slightly darker shade of red, and his claws are are sharper and a navy blue. The red scar-like pattern on his face extends farther than normal; his tail is thinner, and he appears more lithe and slim than most Zangoose do. He's also more accustomed to walking on two feet, but will still use four when the need arises.
Personality: Frigid and antisocial, he dislikes company and will make every effort to avoid it unless absolutely necessary. He doesn't speak much, especially about his past, and distrusts others just as much as they may distrust him. Still, he is a skilled and intuitive fighter, and will defend the other members of his team, for better or worse.
Biography: Nobody except Kester knows much about himself, and he isn't going to be telling anyone anytime soon. All that is known is that he used to be on Team Dark before he deserted on a solo mission. Nobody except for Kester himself can tell why he did this and subsequently joined Team Light-those that might have a hint of knowledge aren't sharing anything.
Team:Light
Other: Prefers attacks such as Shadow Ball, Shadow Claw, Crunch, and the like.

Normally I'd return my old character, but I've decided to mix things up

Name: Zrantox
Species: Dusknoir
Appearance: He is a darker shade of black than the regular Dusknoir, and the mouth on his chest moves as if it has a mind of its own, and the eyes on his chest and back are red rather than yellow. Other than that, there is no difference between his appearance and that of a regular Dusknoir
Biography/Personality: Zrantox doesn't really care about the war between teams. He is often known to change sides without warning if he gets a better offer from the other side. He is also very cold and calculating, and in battle, he becomes quite the ruthless fighter. Zrantox has spoken little of his past, and is said to have killed anybody who claimed to know it. Those who do know his secrets are now wise enoguh to keep their mouths shut
Team: Currently part of Dark, though it may change if he gets a better offer from Team Light
Other: He will often kill an enemy by dragging them to the Spirit world; which is something that every Dusknoir is cpable of. He will only do this if he has been specifically told to elminate that particular enemy

Is that good?

Hi, I'm back. I'll be a little different I think than I was last time.

Name: Grin
Species: Gallade
Appearance: Grin is basically a normal Gallade, except that he is not white and green, instead, he is black and white(But he still has that red thingy).
Biography/Personality: Grin has a huge sense of humor, and often you will find him cracking jokes or making fun of people. But when it's serious time, he becomes ready to fight any who oppose him.
Team: (Doesn't matter to me, just tell me what's open. But I think I wanna try Light this time around, please)
Moves:-Leaf Blade
-Psycho Cut
-Close Combat
-Swords Dance

Name: Goros
Species: Metagross
Appearance: His "rocks" are black and the "steel" is red
Biography/Personality: I little older than most others he comes baring great wisdom and knowledge of everything around. He chose the Dark side because he grew up in mass strife and believes it is the only way to live.
Team: Dark

You are all approved. Phew. So many posts.
So that makes....
5 on team Light and 3 on team Dark. Grinning Calamity, you can choose whether to balance it out and join Team Dark or go to Team Light; if you're on Team Light, just maybe say you woke up in the sleeping room.
We can start now, I guess. I'll be starting out the same way as last time.

Onko woke up early. It was barely dawn. However, she was hungry and decided to get breakfast for everyone. She went outside the house thing Team Light lived in, and her nose caught the scent of Watmel berries. She followed the aroma until she came to the source. Picking enough berries for everyone, she hurried back to Team Light's base and placed one in front of each sleeping Pokemon, leaving one for herself.

Manmuu blinked his eyes open. Onko was here, as always, but one Watmel Berry was between Manmuu's icy tusks. He gobbled up the small breakfast, and promised himself he would get some Bluk berries later. In the meantime, he wiggled onto his feet and made an exit from the house, which was rather hard. He sighed at finally being outside, and decided to keep watch for an attack.

((I forgot to mention this earlier, but while working for either team, Zrantox will do various "odd jobs" for them))

I reached over and casually grabbed the money that had been set out for me.

It had been a long day, but was worth it: Three item shipments intercepted, a few Team Light members silenced, a few dragged off- literally- to the next world, nothing new.

All this for around 250, I thought to myslef, Not bad for a day's work

I floated over to the informant: a Gliscor who was hanging from one of the Stones that jutted from the walls. "I take it that everything's been done for today, and i can return to my chambers."

He shook his head. "One more thing, Zrantox. Nothing simple. You just need to take out an item caravan."

That got my attention. "Caravan? As in bigger than usual?"

He nodded. "We're sure that this one is bringing in even more items. After your attack last week, we have reason to believe they'll be taking this one pretty seriously. And I'm sure they'll panic once they don't get those other items you've intercepted."

I shugged. "Sounds interesting. How much?"

He grinned. "Five Hundred. Bonus if you can get it done within 12 hours."

I nodded. "Fair Enough. I'm always one for cheating you out of some money."

And with that, I floated to the room's exit. Time to get to work.

Artemis yawned and stretched, slowly taking in her surroundings. Noticing a Watmel berry in front of her, the Kirlia picked it up and began nibbling on the fruit and walked outside sleepily.

Last edited:

(yes, you can be Light. and by the way, Eevee, it's a Watmel berry, not a Yache berry.)
Onko noticed the others start to wake up. She decided to stay in the room, in case they were attacked from somewhere other than the front. The Chimchar wandered to the window of the one-room base to watch for any sign of Team Dark.

I exited the portal that I had used to reach the "interception point". It would be here that the caravan would show up, and it would be here that I would bring them down.

Maybe, if they'd hurry up, i could bring their end quickly and get that bonus.

Then I saw it- a long line appearing on the horizon.

I quickly floated into a shadow, where they couldn't see me, and waited.

Soon, the fireworks would begin.

Grin woke up and yawned. "Man, what a dream. Berries everywhere..." Grin chuckled and ran outside.

"Hey, Darkrai! I'm over here! Why don't you come and kill me!? Oh, yeah, you can't! Because I'm awesome! And you're not!" Grin chuckled. He loved doing that.

Right as the Caravan passed the spot where I was floating, I fired a Shadow Ball into one of the wheels.

The effects were imediate. The wheel came apart, and the Caravan stopped.

I then saw A Machoke exit, and examine the shattered wheel. "Looks like we hit something." he said, "Wheel's broken."

"How bad?" I heard another pokemon say.

"Pretty bad, actually. Do we have any tools, or anything?"

"Ah... hold on, let me check."

Now would be the time to make my move.

I floated out to the open. "Has it ever occured to you that something hit the wheel, rather than the wheel hitting something?"

"What's it to you?"

"Me? I'm just a Dusknoir who was wandering along, noticed your damage, and thought I'd put in my two cents. Nothing wrong with that, right?"

"Well, I suppo-" The Machoke's eyes widened as he took a look at me. "Wait a minute- I've heard of you. You're that-"

I struck him in the face full on wth a shadow punch. The Superpower Pokemon went flying, struck a boulder, and slumped to the ground.

One down.

Artemis rubbed her eyes and sleepily mumbled something about taking a walk. She left quietly, deep in thought. The Kirlia thought she heard the distant sound of what seemed to be something heavy falling to the ground and a sort of crunch, but forgot about it, still waking up.
Ugh, I'm so tired..

Back
Top Bottom