Default Re: [ASB Quest] I liek Squirtles vs Blastoise

Round Three

I liek Squirtles (2/2 left)
psyduck
birth ♀ @ King's Rock
Ability: Cloud Nine Rain Dish
Health: 85%
Energy: 83%
Status: Attempting to flex her imaginary shoulder cannons. Burned (1% dmg/action, 0.67 physical BP).

Blastoise
blastoise
Blastoise ♀ @ Water Stone
Ability: Rain Dish
Health: 88%
Energy: 84%

------------------------------

Blastoise yawns boredly.

Oh my god no not the fearsome special attack!!! birth summons up another shield around herself in a panic and runs around in circles inside, clutching her head, until she runs straight into one of the soft, protective walls and falls on her butt. The impact causes the bubble to pop out of existence. Ouch.

Blastoise yawns boredly.

Oh my god no not the fearsome special attack!!! Completely losing her presence of mind, birth spits out a small, brown seed into her hands. She clumsily attempts to implant it into her own skin, but a surprise wave sweeps the tiny thing out of her grasp. The Psyduck watches in dismay as her creation drifts away from her, and she begins to feel sleepy again...

Blastoise yawns boredly. Actually, this time, it's just focusing. Its right fist starts to glow dully as it charges it up with Fighting-type energy. Desperate to stop the Focus Punch, birth charges forward to deliver a swift slap, but the Substitute she'd managed to forget about leaps in the way. birth batters the helpless cloud of mist with all she can muster, which is really not all that much as her burn continuously stings and throbs, making her fearsome slaps more of careful, affectionate pets. It's enough to break the last remains of the Substitute apart, however, and for a moment birth allows herself to feel proud.

And then Blastoise's fist comes whipping in out of nowhere straight into birth's stomach. The Psyduck squawks in pain and shock as the force lifts her out of the water and drives her back straight into a particularly sharp rock formation, completely knocking the wind out of her. For a moment all birth sees is stars, and her entire body throbs, feeling like one gigantic bruise. But soon she sees nothing at all, because, as is the appropriate reaction to such a powerful attack, she falls asleep.

Blastoise yawns boredly. All in a typical day's work.

------------------------------

I liek Squirtles (2/2 left)
psyduck
birth ♀ @ King's Rock
Ability: Cloud Nine Rain Dish
Health: 70%
Energy: 74%
Status: Zzzzzz... Burned (1% dmg/action, 0.67 physical BP). Asleep (0% chance of waking up next action).
Used: Protect ~ Worry Seed @ self (failed) ~ Brick Break

Blastoise
blastoise
Blastoise ♀ @ Water Stone
Ability: Rain Dish
Health: 91%
Energy: 70%
Used: Yawn ~ Yawn ~ Focus Punch

Arena Status
  • The rain is pouring down. A harsh wind howls through the arena.

Damage and Energy
  • birth's Health: 85% - 15% (Focus Punch) + 3% (Rain Dish) - 3% (burn) = 70%
  • birth's Energy: 83% - 2% (Protect) - 5% (Worry Seed) - 5% (Brick Break) + 3% (Rain Dish) = 74%
  • Blastoise's Health: 88% + 3% (Rain Dish) = 91%
  • Blastoise's Substitute: 3% - 5% (Brick Break) = 0%
  • Blastoise's Energy: 84% - 4% (Yawn) - 4% (Yawn) - 9% (Focus Punch) + 3% (Rain Dish) = 70%

Notes
  • Speed order: Blastoise (78) > birth (55).
  • How am I supposed to attempt to actually write a serious reffing with you people yawning all over the place, jeez.
  • A Pokémon can't Worry Seed itself.
  • Normally I'd expect status-inducing moves to become less effective with repeated use, but since birth barely slept at all last time, this Yawn will work as normal.
  • Keldeo commands first.