• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Splitting the Fangaming section up?

Should the Fangaming section be split?

• Total voters

Crazy Weavile

HAI GUYZ
There's a section for fangames, which is all well and good. But why not split it up to allow people to better use it for their purposes? Resources, games (NOT just fangames; original material too), discussion... All should be separate. This would allow better organization and thus make this a better place for developers. Opinions?

It's not a fan-games forum. I don't think there needs to be that much focus around it.

You have to realize that if it were split into multiple forums, there would be two or three threads in each at the absolute most. How many threads will there ever be in that forum? How hard will it ever get to skim over all their titles to find what you're looking for? It makes no sense to split up the fan games forum. If we had a good few dozen game creators, sure, but the fact is that we have one or two.

Gah. You know, RPG Maker isn't the only program for Game Making out there.. all I have been seeing now a days in the PKMN Community about Fangames is only Pokemon fangames. Maybe with more variety of games it would be much better.

Anyways, for those interested, Game Maker 7 works on XP/Vista and they are planning a Mac port and possibly Linux.

EDIT:

We need more game makers. ;)

Well, if anybody cares I'm a GM user, though I'm too shy to post my creations.

We need more game makers. ;)

Ditto.

I've made games before, but only for myself, and I never really finished one due to laziness/irreversable script screw-ups due to me sucking at scripts... >_>
Eh, maybe I'll start on one, if I get support/time/inspiration. Maybe.

EDIT: Am I the only one who thinks it's oddly placed? It took me a while to find it the first time...

Last edited:
It does NOT need split. I'd have to agree with those others who are saying that it's too rarely used for any purpose at all to justify subdividing it.

I suppose it IS somewhat complex at first, but it's nothing compared to learning how to actually code. Still - it's not entirely uncomplex.

Nevertheless, it's called RPG Maker. Most popular versions are RPG Maker 2000 and RPG Maker XP, though there's also a 2003 and a fairly recent VX.

Back
Top Bottom