• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Saddest Song You've Ever Heard

T'would be No One But You by Queen for me. :I
IT ALWAYS
MAKES ME CRY
DAMMIT

Anathema - One Last Goodbye
Opeth - To Bid You Farewell

pretty much everything I listen to on a daily basis

T'would be No One But You by Queen for me. :I
IT ALWAYS
MAKES ME CRY
DAMMIT

yesyesyes
why do you keep stealing my words :(

Gah loads of songs make me cry
Particularly No One But You, The Show Must Go On (both by Queen) and Too Much Love Will Kill You (by Brian May)

Either "For My Brother" by Blue October or "Bright Eyes" by Art Garfunkel. Or "Hallelujah". I can't decide.

Eh... I can't think of anything that anybody would know, apart from the ORIGINAL RUSSIAN version of 'Brothers' from FMA. Especially if you know what the words actually mean. xD

It's just... really sad, and I don't even like FMA.

Seconded on the Bright Eyes.

Uuh, I'd say Everybody Hurts by R.E.M. because it was played at a friend's funeral, and For Good from Wicked because my friends sang it at our leaver's service at school (and it's a really sad bit of the play). Neither are massively sad within themselves, but they hold personal significance.

And the reprise of I'll Cover You from RENT.

Chasing Cars has an emotional atmosphere, and it's really easy to see it as a sad song. Good Riddance is nothing of the sort.

A Tout Le Monde by Megadeth I've always found to be very sad and emotional, though oddly comforting at the same time when I feel down.

Dont remember where I was
I realized life was a game
The more seriously I took things
The harder the rules became
I had no idea what it'd cost
My life passed before my eyes
I found out how little I accomplished
All my plans denied

So as you read this know my friends
I'd love to stay with you all
Please smile when you think of me
My body's gone thats all

A tout le monde
A tout les amis
Je vous aime
Je dois partir
These are the last words
I'll ever speak
And they'll set me free

If my heart was still alive
I know it would surely break
And my memories left with you
There's nothing more to say

Moving on is a simple thing
What it leaves behind is hard
You know the sleeping feel no more pain
And the living are scarred

A tout le monde
A tout les amis
Je vous aime
Je dois partir
These are the last words
I'll ever speak
And they'll set me free

So as you read this know my friends
I'd love to stay with you all
Please smile when you think of me
My body's gone thats all

A tout le monde
A tout les amis
Je vous aime
Je dois partir
These are the last words
I'll ever speak
And they'll set me free

A Tout Le Monde is great, it's about a dying man's last words about his love for his family and friends.
It's a beautiful song (by Megadeth standards anyway), though I don't like the version on the new album with the chick from Lacuna Coil, sounds too happy and upbeat IMO compared to the original.

Back
Top Bottom