• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Recommended anime?

No, it's just the mechas. They're all futuristic and about fighting, uh, big things. Eva's just a tad more depressing.

OH OH IT'S NOT TO LATE TO RECOMMEND SOME STUFF, IS IT?

Okay.

Mushishi: Pretty serious, but has its funny moments too. Very interesting and trippy~
Bottle Fairy: CUTE. And funny. And a smidgen of shoujo-ai in it, too.
Soul Eater: I know you said no shounen action stuff, but... The fight scenes in Soul Eater are gorgeous. And the concepts and plot are quite nice. There is a bit of fanservice in it, too.
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei: Hands down, the funniest anime I have ever seen.
Potemayo: Also very, very cute~ And it's seinen.

... That's all I have right now. :D;

OH OH IT'S NOT TO LATE TO RECOMMEND SOME STUFF, IS IT?

Okay.

Mushishi: Pretty serious, but has its funny moments too. Very interesting and trippy~
Bottle Fairy: CUTE. And funny. And a smidgen of shoujo-ai in it, too.
Soul Eater: I know you said no shounen action stuff, but... The fight scenes in Soul Eater are gorgeous. And the concepts and plot are quite nice. There is a bit of fanservice in it, too.
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei: Hands down, the funniest anime I have ever seen.
Potemayo: Also very, very cute~ And it's seinen.

... That's all I have right now. :D;
I've already heard of Soul Eater and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. And Potemayo is amazing.
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya! I luv it.

I think I've mentioned before that I like Haruhi.

AiR TV. Sure it's cute, but it's sad as hell. You will cry.
Afterwards, you will always cry when you hear a little girl say, "Goal."

If you like things muder mystery-ish, then Detective Conan is an absolute must. It's amazing.

Seconded. Seconded times a million.

:3

It's called 'Case Closed' in the US. But I do not recommend watching it dubbed. Unless you like the taste of your own vomit.

:B

Exactly. I watch/read Detective Conan in Chinese... Because I suck.

Kino no Tabi is goooooood. It's kind of like Mushishi, only with a talking motorcycle and guns. Oh, and no bugs. And, as far as I can tell, you can still find streams of it on the internet.

Go watch it. Now.

I've heard that Kino's Journey is good, yeah.

Currently I'm watching Pani Poni Dash! and that's pretty good.

Guys please.

Why has no-one mentioned Code Geass yet? It's serious and plot-driven, and doesn't waste too much time with fillers like *certain* animes. It's got mecha and cute girls and the British Empire. They've even released some of the first season on DVD in America. I've seen it with my own eyes in Best Buy. :P

I don't watch much anime during the summer, so I can't recommend much else. Sayonara Zetsubuo Sensei is VERY funny, but perhaps a little girly for your tastes. Also, I would second the recommendation for Soul Eater. Other than that, meh.

Seconded. Seconded times a million.

:3

It's called 'Case Closed' in the US. But I do not recommend watching it dubbed. Unless you like the taste of your own vomit.

:B

The Vis manga translation's not too bad - they changed the names of the main characters, which is a pain; Ran Mori is now Rachel Moore, Shinichi is Jimmy and so on, but they kept the last names the same, so Conan's little Junior Detective friends are called Mitch Tsuburaya, George Kojima and Amy Yoshida, which I find hilarious. And the non-reoccuring characters have completely Japanese names, just to confuse things even more.

Why has no-one mentioned Code Geass yet? It's serious and plot-driven, and doesn't waste too much time with fillers like *certain* animes. It's got mecha and cute girls and the British Empire. They've even released some of the first season on DVD in America. I've seen it with my own eyes in Best Buy. :P

How on Earth does everyone manage to bring up stuff I've already heard of? :P

That and I'm not really into mecha anymore...

If it's licenced, you can bet on my already knowing something about it. Feel free to share, but keep that in mind if you're suggesting it to me specifically. That, and I kinda said no licenced anime. <.<

Back
Top Bottom