• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Let's pretend that you're a deity....

Wymsy

I am a rather irritable person.
Ha! I posted this thread on more than one forum! So, it returns.

---

.... And that as a God or Goddess, you are able to and wish to create a world. What exactly would this world you create be like? Would it be teeming with life or just be a barren waste-land? Well, I won't know until you explain. That is, if you wish to. Don't see why you wouldn't, it's fairly interesting to think of things like this. Hence the reason I've posted this.

The world I would make.... Hmm. It would be diverse in its landscape. Having the same thing covering an entire planet would be kind of boring. Plus, I'd like to observe how creatures would adapt to these different landscapes. There would also be no sentient life. By that, I mean nothing as smart as humans are. But along with a various assortment of creatures (basically almost everything that is already found on Earth), there will be dragons. All kinds of dragons. Big, small, green, white, majestic, hideous, and everything else you can think of. Besides, me making a world and not putting dragons in it would be crazy. I would find myself constantly observing everything that happens as each year passes by. Of course, I would throw disasters at certain parts of the world to see how everything would react to it. But I don't think I'd ever attempt killing off everything or almost everything on the entire planet.

So, have at it.

Hmm, it would have one hell of a lot of kittens in it.
And some other crap too.
But mostly kittens.

If I could create a world, It would more or less be Hyrule. Only.. uh.. Pokemon! Wait, no. More Sheikah! Er, I dunno. But LoZ rocks, so it would be awesome. =D

This is strangely reminiscent of my big Sci-Fi Literature project...

I'd have a world that was mostly covered in water, with the largest landmasses being tropical to sub-tropical volcanic islands. The islands would be populated by these things, which are surprisingly the more sentient beings, and standard stock humans, which are not as sentient.

... In a nutshell, of course. My original project spanned over 6 different papers, all covering different physical and cultural aspects of my peoples. P=

Probably I wouldn't create a world at all because I always fail at keeping pets alive and this can't be any easier.

I'd probably just float in space and poof like some buddies and we could play cards together.

It is a relatively small planet, only about the size of our moon. The ratio of ocean:land would be 6:4. There would be nothing exactly like on Earth - there would be different fish to earth, different birds, different mammals, and so on. Oh, and different plants. Beautiful, colourful plants. Much of the land is sort of jungle-esque, with the odd mountain range. There would be two 'dominant' species, both of whom speak a language called Partash.

Yeiai-hainionok (Partash for earth-people) - land-dwellers - are thin humanoids with light green skin; they live in treehouses. They are the more technologically advanced of the two: they make medicines out of fruits and plants and herbs and simple machinery (such as simple wooden plows to harvest their main food source, which is a fruit which comes in multicoloured clusters at the end of long, corn-like stalks), either driven by people or the various animals they have tamed. Speaking of the animals, the land-dwellers are very kind to the animals, taming them and taking care of them. They are all vegetarians, and the prospect of eating meat is disgusting.

The second species are the Dhydroka Hainonok (Water people) - sea-dwellers. They share a common ancestor with the land-dwellers, and look very similar, but instead they have bluish-green skin and these sort of tentacle-things coming out the back of their heads. They have gills, but only need to breath once an hour, therefore they can go up onto the land for short periods. They live in caves and spend their lives carving tools and jewelry out of the rocks, shells and gems they find. They too are vegetarians. They speak a slightly simpler, modified form of Partash which is easier to use underwater.

The two dominant species trade a lot. the land-dwellers will give the sea-dwellers recipes and ingredients for medicine or resources to make machinery while the sea-dwellers will gift the land-dwellers with the things they carve. Everyone is at peace.

I exist as a shape-shifter. Sometimes I'll be a fish or a whale, at other times I'll be a bird or a snake. I watch over them but do not make my existence known; they worship no God, instead their beliefs lie around the wonders of nature.

Make Pokémon real
I would probably restore all the clear-cut forests. And then make everything like Legend of Zelda or something. THERE WOULD BE EPIC ADVENTURES, AND PROBABLY HEROES? Also I would eliminate guns. Because I can. >:3

Screw it, my creativity sucks. I'll go with making Pokémon real.
My post is so tiny ; ;

I'd make a bunch of people, build them a magnificent city, and crush/explode the city with giant ultraheavy spheres. When I get bored with that, I would simply create a small city full of people, design a certian culture and religion for the people in it, and watch as countries develop as large groups split apart over small details from said religion. If two countries got into a war, I would give a random soldier from the one I like superpowers and watch him asplode people's heads. If eternal peace developed, I would make a bigger world and create more societys until SOMETHING interesting happens.

The people I really, REALLY like will be posse-er, guided by me so they can be my prophets. Statues will be built of Sean Connery beating up Mike Tyson under my divine guidance, and giant dungeons full of secrets that could help technologically would be built, guarded, and hidden just to see if anyone EVER gets in.

I would redevelop Earth's history, and modify things slightly to see what happens. I would attempt to recreate the wars between Byzantine Empire and the Ottomon Empire, but end it with the Byzantines controlling all of the middle east instead of the Ottomons capturing Constantinople. I would take a few million Americans from 1998 and put them in a otherwise human-free version of North America in 50 A.D, just to see what happens. If they do well enough, I might build a giant land bridge to Europe and tell them to travel upon it.

I wonder what kind of armor American knights would wear... :)

Let's pretend that I'm not already awesome enough to be a deity...

Uhh... I don't remember what I posted in here before. So I'll make up more random crap.

I'd probably make one world first to just test my world-making skills. It'd be about the size of Earth, but probably a little smaller. I'd make oceans, rainforests, normal forests, deserts, tundras, plains, mountains, etc. and destroy them as much as I needed to in order to get my skills at that perfect. Then once I had all that good, I'd make tons of animals on it and stuff and probably make new animals, just to make sure I could get good populations and stuff. Once my test world would be perfect, I'd make all the animals on it completely evil and hate each other, and I'd make it suddenly rain knives, nukes, and M-16s that are always full of ammo, and give them the knowledge and ability to use them. That's WAY more fun to watch than just destroying it!

I'll edit this when I'm not too lazy to think of another world.

I really don't know. I'm sorely tempted to say that I want something vaguely similar to either Maplestory, Fire Emblem, Mabinogi. An idyllic fantasy world, complete with monsters and plots. And also humanity- I'd be very lonely in a world without humanity. But with humanity comes depravity and greed, which is disappointing to see but necessary to create the shades of gray in a realistic life. But in these games there is also magic and something exotic absent from realistic everyday life. And, in these games, there are the heros, the villains, the supporting cast, and everyone plays a small part.

I'm also tempted to say that I want one of those futuristic worlds. Maybe something like in the book Transcension- where nearly everything humans need are commodities; no poverty, hunger, or manual labor! That, in turn, creates a Dresden Codak scenario (http://dresdencodak.com), but I'm a god, and I say nay to that. :D I can live peacefully and eat whatever I want and do whatever I want as can the rest of humanity. Playing video games and pretending to be in fantasy doesn't sound bad either.

I think the best thing I would like is to make a race better than humanity... and a beautiful planet to sustain it. However... I think I'm too mentally limited to create such a vision. XD

I was talking ot Mhals about this just yesterday; I would be an awesome God. I'd just keep everything as it is, but iron out a few wrinkes here and there (poverty, AIDS and so on) and everyone could write fanfiction for me and I'd have a teleporter. Man, I want that teleporter.

And then I might create unicorms and Loch Ness monsters here and there just to confuse poeple X3

I probably make a world just like this one to be honest. I would create a sapient species and give them a free will. And it would go on like that. I would probably be a bit upset though since they would either (A) Make up a bunch of random gods and cause crusades (B) Corrupt my religion. Either way it would upset me. But, I'll watch from up high. And see how they grow. And see if they discover me once again.

Boring I know.

My world would have no sentient life on it. Humans ruin everything. Though we are smart enough to know things like our names how old we are and what space is... but we have no use for expansion. There are wolves on this planet. Alot of wolves.

I have already made a world
Qercesy :D

Except like, I'm the Queen of it, not the God of it

bah it'd take me years to type out how cool it is

Made one up a while back. I'd be a very objectionable deity. Something like Zim Del Invasor's world.

The actual planet would be similar in size to the Earth, more or less. Did anyone here see the 80s show Dinosaucers? Kinda like Dinosaucers meets Invader Zim meets feudal Japan.

A bunch of dinosaurs heavily armed with guns and sentient (though keeping traditional values). There may be tension here and there between the ones with feathers and the ones without, which leads to the strong power of the north and the feathered friends in the south. Eventually, the dinos try to imperialize other planets in large-scale invasions. And blah blah blah cheese.

Yes, this is what I'm gonna do when Will Wright's SPORE comes out. d;

My planet would be full of rainbow coloured unicorns that shoot rainbows from their eyes and heat-seeking battle-stars from their horns.

When you kill them they bleed rainbows and their meat is rainbow coloured and when their meat sizzles it shoots stars. :3

There'd be indigenous peoples there that like to hunt unicorns and they use them as horses and warunicorns and stuff.

It'd be an awesome world.

I dunno. Probably mostly wasteland with some.... Oases? And... Oceans? Can't forget the occasional Utopian society with some evil force out to destroy it. I'm just that cynical.

Why settle for just one? Tomorrow I think I'll make all of my favorite video games real. I'll be tired of it the day after and wallpaper the planet with dinosaurs instead. Then I'll wipe all those out, replace everything with modern humans and experiment with all of the different ways I can make them run around like chickens with their heads cut off. And when the novelty wears off... planet-wide bonsai garden.

Then probably more dinosaurs.

Wow it would suck to be you if I were a god.

Back
Top Bottom